• Moose

SimCity 2013 Mods Switch 2.2.4

(5.00)    (11 Reviews)

4 Screenshots

About This File

SimCity 2013 Mods Switch 2.2 - Lets you effortlessly toggle each and every mod between deploy/withhold, either offline/online modes. Mod packages no longer need to be physically removed just to play online. Even disagreeing mods can be placed together without conflict. SC13MS comes to help.......

Modders are offering so many interesting enhancements. It would be a pity if we do not fully explore the collection, then strategically deploy individual functionalities between games. However, the bigger our MODS portfolio, the more file system hassle we are to deal with if we wish to specify which packages to load/unload, not to mention switching offline/online. SC13MS comes to help.

Info: applies to people having \SimCity custom path.
things like ccleaner, unless explicitly configured not to, would erase sc13ms memory of your custom path, forcing you to again have to point to your \SimCity folder.

Video by Monte Gaming https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tToInbHjAo

Install:
Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Uninstall SC13MS previous version ->
Download -> Unzip to anywhere -> Run setup

UI:
Window: Passive. Auto height according to context and screen resolution.
Folder label: Passive. Shows package location.
Package label: Passive. Shows package file name.
Gray: not loaded next launch. Green: loaded offline. Orange: loaded online. Yellow: always loaded.

NonMod checkbox: Passive if system package, option if MOD. For specifying a package to always load.
OFFLineCapable checkbox: Option. For specifying whether a MOD package is offline capable.
OFFLineLoading checkbox: Option. For specifying whether a MOD package is to be loaded offline.
ONLineCapable checkbox: Option. For specifying whether a MOD package is online capable.
ONLineLoading checkbox: Option. For specifying whether a MOD package is to be loaded online.

Scribble textbox: Input. For the user to store a short personal note.

PackagesCount label: Passive. Sums up all Mod/NonMod packages.
NextLaunchModsCount label: Passive. Sums up all Mod packages to be loaded next launch.

HideNonMods checkbox: Option. For toggling hide/display of all system packages, and MODs with NonMod checkbox checked.

UnConfig button: Action. Sets all MODs to only offline capable & only offline loaded. Prerequisite for uninstall.

YourModsAreSwitchedTo label: Passive. Shows the current offline/online mode, to which each MOD is to be loaded or not.
Toggle button: Action. Switches between offline/online mode, to which each MOD is to be loaded or not.

Save&Exit button: Action. Saves all settings, exits SC13MS.
Save&Launch button: Action. Saves all settings, exits SC13MS, and launch game.

Permanent Uninstall:
Click UnConfig (to ensure availability of all mod packages for deployment without SC13MS) ->
Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Uninstall SC13MS

@Everyone
Thank you all for bug reports and suggestions during the month long beta, making release of the current stable possible and earlier than anticipated.

UguuDoki

What's New in Version 2.2.4

Released

• -
  • 2.2.4 - 2014.8.18
  • more width for package column
  • -

Seed likes this

User Feedback

Hi, this looks great

But you forgot to mentions a few things.

In which folder to install this program, where to place the mods.

Can the mods be in rar of do they have to be unpacked.

Tanks.

similakchild13x likes this

Share this comment

"SimCity/SimCityData folder not foun! SC13MS will now quit!"

I extracted it to my desktop, klicked install and in the startup menu (Windows Symbol) I started the program.

Can you help?

EDIT: If it helps, i moved SimCity from C: to my D: drive. Maybe that's causing the problem? I can't change it, can't I?

Blackkatt likes this

Share this comment

So to make it shorter: Add the function to choose where you installed the game. (Before the installation finished)

Share this comment

@janjanssen1010
unzip anywhere -> run setup

@rayrin01
I don't have a mac

@Nicistarful
Setup asks for custom path if default \Origin Games folder does not exist.
Did you move \SimCity and subfolders away, but default \Origin Games folder remained there?

@HyugaHinata
thanks! beta has finished so this is stable release

Share this comment

Cant get the program to load I keep getting an Microsoft.NET framework error with a Unhandled exception.  I can open the program if I click continue but there is no interaction available with the program.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because I switch between online and offline quite frequently. Thank you.

Share this comment

@similakchild13x
can't agree more...ok lets have some mac...will pick a day to fix a date to start saving up...

@Treelander
though sc13ms requires .net framework 4.5 to function. your exception was apparently raised and unhandled by .net framework, not sc13ms.
so, perhaps you would first try reinstalling .net framework 4.5 from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

@Nicistarful
moving away the entire \Origin Games aka \Electronic Arts aka \Origin\Games would be fine, or even it bearing any custom name, sc13ms would ask to be pointed to it.
moving away \SimCity would also be fine, provided that the default parent no long exists, or does not bear a default name, sc13ms would ask for pointer to whoever parent of \SimCity.
your case is of separating \SimCity from its default parent, yet the latter remains intact, which sc13ms never thought of, thus it became helplessly dumb.
Even you succeeded setup by returning \SimCity to default, runtime would fail if you ever move \SimCity away again. this, i consider sc13ms not quit accommodating enough.
perhaps in a future version i'll try to make sc13ms work in such situation, so that in cases like yours, \SimCity can always be moved around freely, regardless whether its default parent stays put.
smalljude likes this

Share this comment

@UguuDoki,

Your mod looks great, but i still cant get it working. Have no idea what to do with the install messages i get, and finally when i have installed it,

I have no idea where to put my mods packages in. Your mod does not recognise them.

Thanks for your work, i think i will wait for a while till someone explains how to install and use it.

Share this comment

@janjanssen1010
sc13ms is not a mod, but a tool to help you switch your mods individually between loading/unloading be your game offline/online.
so, you just place and keep all your mods where they should be, as specified by their respective modders.

from your messages, I cannot quite figure out your scenario,
but the most common issue encountered is that SimCity resides in a custom path rather than the game vendor's default.
in such case, when sc13ms asks you for your custom path, please point it to the parent folder of SimCity, which, by default,
is named \Origin Games aka \Electronic Arts aka \Origin\Games, yet, can be any custom named folder, anywhere sc13ms is permitted to modify.
please ensure these files and subfolders exists in the parent folder:
- \SimCity\SimCity\SimCity.exe
- \SimCity\SimCityData
- \SimCity\SimCityUserData\EcoGame
- \SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages

if you encounter issues setting up or configuring sc13ms, please post adequate information so the issues can be identified.

Share this comment

Hello uguudoki I've been following your mod switch a while LOOKS AWESOME although I'm very nervous about it. "It sounds like its the answer..all this constant mod updating and switching is eating alot of game time LOL. Not to mention at about 50 mods it starts getting confusing so Ive got lots of questions, I hope that be ok? My first and I guess most important question is Do I have to uninstal my whole game to be able to apply this manager? I'm Very nervous about that. How many mods can it handle at once? Also if I do get all this set up will the manager UPDATE as needed? This is why I think I needed to talk to you first

Share this comment

@Cheyenn
I do not have a Mac. If ever I shall release a Mac version it will be free.

@Ole'Shady
SC13MS does not require your game to be uninstalled or reinstalled, handles as many mods as you can place in the game folders, and is fully functional without having to update, though updates are recommended as they fix bugs and provide new features.

Share this comment

@Cheyenn
I do not have a Mac. If ever I shall release a Mac version it will be free.

@Ole'Shady
SC13MS does not require your game to be uninstalled or reinstalled, handles as many mods as you can place in the game folders, and is fully functional without having to update, though updates are recommended as they fix bugs and provide new features.

Awesome, I'm gonna giver a try. Thanks. Oh, will it eventually be able to check for mod's updates?

Share this comment

@Ole'Shady
There isn't a channel, and modders are not obliged to their tasks being monitored.

Share this comment

Hey UguuDoki, Ok But I was'nt suggesting to monitor anyone I simply meant that constant updates on each mod get kinda confusing, thats all I Was hoping for a program to do the updates for me but just wishful thinking i guess. O.K.. On Vanilla game took out all mods. tried 3 times to open SC13MS22 downloaded new file each time unzipped and ran setup but I keep getting same message...Cannot Start Application Contact the application vendor.

Share this comment

@Ole'Shady

"Cannot Start Application Contact the application vendor." isn't thrown by SC13MS, and I have no idea of its source.
With just that bit of third party information, I don't think anyone is able to tell what your situation is.

If you're not using a Mac, then may I suggest you download the less dumb Modders Edition 2.3 and see how it goes.
Should you still encounter any problem, please post adequate information to help identify the issue.

There's no need to vacate any of your mods, as SC13MS is to handle them rather than be bothered by their presence.

Share this comment

Hello UguuDoki,

thanks for the program. :) I unfortunately also have a .NET exception when trying to start it, after installing.

"Operator '=' is not defined for type 'DBNull' and string "C:\Games\SimCity"."

As you probably already guess, I have the game installed in C:\Games\SimCity. I'm using Windows 8.1 and when wanting to install .NET 4.5 it said it would already be on the system, so that might not be my problem. I called the C drive "Windows 8.1" under Windows, in case that could matter.

Thanks for any help. :)

Share this comment

@ zecleaner

your os is great, .net 4.5 looks proper, custom path c:\games\simcity is perfectly fine, and naming of drives doesn't matter at all.

such exception may indeed be a sc13ms bug, but is highly likely due to some io restriction within your custom path.
the sc13ms code expects a good variety of failures finding/using folders/files, and handles them by popping specific messages.
when sc13ms encounters something that it doesn't predict, it gives up handling, goes dumb, and lets .net throw the exception.

to help identify the issue, please do the following, step by step, observing any happenings not mentioned hereunder...
1. goto control panel -> folder options -> view -> check option: show hidden files folders and drives.
2. goto c:\users\[you]\appdata\local\temp and delete origingames.xml if it exists.
3. goto c:\games\simcity\simcitydata and delete sc13ms.xml if it exists.
4. goto control panel -> programs and features -> select to uninstall: simcity 2013 mods switch.
5. run sc13ms 2.2 (not 2.3) setup, in your case it should be a matter of 4 steps, a,b,c,d...
-- 5a. windows uac might ask you for permission.
-- 5b. setup would pop a message "one of these folder needs to be located...blahblahblah...or your custom parent folder...blahblahblah..."
-- 5c. setup would ask you to specify path, here you would point to c:\games (not c:\games\simcity).
-- 5d. sc13ms ui would appear, with all you mods listed, setup would be successfully completed.
-- note there should be nothing happening between a,b,c,d.
-- for people adopting game vendor's default and not custom path, setup would go straight from a to d, even skipping b,c altogether.

now, if the sc13ms ui appears, all's well if it's filled with all your mods.
otherwise, tell me is it empty listing no mod at all? or only filled with some mods from which folders?

if the sc13ms ui doesn't even appear...
6. tell me what was the thing that you last saw? or what happened between a,b,c,d?
7. goto c:\users\[you]\appdata\local\temp and make a copy (before being modified) of origingames.xml if it exists.
8. goto c:\games\simcity\simcitydata and make a copy (before being modified) of sc13ms.xml if it exists.
9. message me for an email address to send the xml copies through.
10. goto control panel -> programs and features -> select to uninstall: simcity 2013 mods switch.
11. download and run sc13ms 2.3 (not 2.2) setup, point to c:\game\simcity (not c:\games), then let me know whether it succeeds.

finally, to restore setting, goto control panel -> folder options -> view -> check option: hide hidden files folders and drives.

sc13ms 2.2 supports custom path for the parent folder of \simcity (not \simcity itself), in your case c:\games, yet all child folders containing mods have to be within.
sc13ms 2.3 modders edition supports custom path for \simcity itself (not its parent folder), in your case c:\games\simcity, as well as individual custom path for each individual child folder containing mods.

Share this comment

Just installed it and the first button that I pressed was 'Toggle' at the bottom/middle and I got this Unhandled Exception:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
   at sc13ms.SC13MS.doSave()
   at sc13ms.SC13MS.ToggleB_Click(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
sc13ms
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Andy/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/EJ8D3YQO.XO9/RXG901L0.ZH1/sc13..tion_87be559fc7f9aa3a_0002.0002_c81ef1b587ba8841/sc13ms.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 11.0.50938.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34108 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Share this comment

@Snacko
that's because your game was running when you clicked toggle.
i'll make sure this exception will be handled in the next update.
thanks for reporting.

Share this comment