•  

Project Orion - 3k Extended Boundary 1.0 Beta

(4.41)    (97 Reviews)

17 Screenshots

About This File

For Offline use only.

How to Install

• Download files
  • Once download is complete, extract rar files. (right click > extract)
  • Simply copy and paste OFFLINE-ONLY_Project_Orion_3k_Extended_Boundary.package in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityData
  • Start SimCity > Play new map > Choose city tile > Save > Quit SimCity (not work if exit to Main Menu)
  • Re-Start SimCity > Resume Game
  • Wonders :bunny:

Must have Mods for Orion

Issues that have been plagued players since the game's release is now answered. Some says it is the holy grail of all mods. Some says this mod + buy game/reinstall. That's right, 3k extended border aka "bigger city".

Understanding the mechanics of Orion 3k Extended Boundary.

1. Upon entering 3k extended map. based on (Image #1), The 3k map extended on North and East. Use right click mouse button or middle mouse button to bring up the compass.

2. Regional Roads are needed to draw them outside 2k map. Such as Project Akar : UI Enhancements, that offers almost every roads available to be drawn outside 2k.

3. Regarding Land Value, please refer the image below. There a lot of misunderstanding as well as misconceptions about the land value data, that was viewed in the map data.

• The Actual Land Value EFFECTS are still intact as they are. It does not resized regardless in or outside 2k. Believe it or not. It still the same. There are claims that users may have experiences getting different wealth RCI in certain unwanted areas. These confusions is only because  we can't determine the actual "spot" of land value throughout 3k extended border, and the data from the Land Value map seems false but not entirely false information. It was compressed 4:1
  • This also applied on Pollutions, Ground Pollutions, Futurizations etc.

4. Regarding Resources. Unlike Land Value/Pollutions etc That was compressed 4:1. All Resources are stretched 1:4, see Image #3 and #4 to get better understanding on them.

• This 1:4 stretched map data also effects oil, water, coal and ore.

Lag and memory issues

Its common knowledge that lags or frame-rate drops are known for almost every game that pushes its limits unless the users has a high-end computers. It covers almost every aspect from 3D rendering, physics (engine), memory calculations that the game generates etc. Orion (3k Extended boundary) does not lag the game itself, only that the additional space it provides for users to built in and as the city developed and getting dense - it'll stress your computer hardware.

We cant blame the game for the lags, it just happen that once we push the game to its limit, we might as well be done with better hardware.

The Game's Limitations

1. All trees outside the default border cant be remove, because there is no tree, its a facade. Only way to remove them is to edit the region map files.

2. The game already provide its regional transit, from air to land and water. We can't add Maglevs/Subways/EL and Streetcars to work between two different city vice versa. Please "make do" with the given features of each city tiles carefully.

3. There's a limit count of how many roads/buildings that can be drawn/build per city tile

• Roads : 1024
  • RCI : 2048
  • Base Buildings : 4096 (not yet confirmed)

Special Thanks to SkyeStormes for a video review

Special thanks to Asilksworld for a video review. :thumb:

Special thanks to chappers for his city design with Orion. Outstanding vision, plans and layout created alongside with Orion has proven that modders are able to create new possibilities to SimCity community. Thumbs up. :thumb:

- Yayie

I would like to thank /u/Desarth from Reddit for the use of his images in showcasing Extended Boundary. Its a wonderful testament to what can be done with effort and creativity with various tools. I thank him personally for allowing me to use his images with this mod. :thumb:

- XoXiDe

For Offline use only.

What's New in Version 1.0 Beta

Released

• added Project Orion - 3k Extended Boundary

3 people like this

User Feedback

rajabi

4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Hi

i downloaded this mod

but i cant build in new area

help me please

thanks

Share this review

Link to review
Hamish

Unknown date

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Share this review

Link to review
xoxide

Unknown date

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Share this review

Link to review
wania007

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Kayo

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
VERMINORD

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Danny McGregor

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
cptnemo77

5 of 6 members found this review helpful 5 / 6 members

This mod makes the game perfect. I haven't played Simcity for years but now I'm happily building new beautiful huge cities thanks to Project Orion and Akar. Until now I played Cities: Skylines nearly for 400 hours but I got disappointed because of the limitations of the fully modded game. Now I'm back with Simcity, and I love it :)  Thanks for your hard work and keep it up :) 

I figured out that natural resources are functioning but in a strange way, you have to find them on the map, and the only way for that is to build roads everywhere on the map, and keep trying to build mines until you find the exact position. It takes time, but I'm glad I don't have them so near to my houses. And I needed to build higways and ramps to their area :) That's great too :)

I hope this helped those who thought we will not have mining areas with this mod.

Share this review

Link to review
simcdisaster

4 of 5 members found this review helpful 4 / 5 members

A nightmare to find out which files and or versions are necessary for this to function and i hate the idea of all those other modifications when all i want is just a bigger city map. After all the bigger map doesn't work as it should with the existing game mechanics. I liked the idea of a single big city region map option but this modification doesn't apply.

Share this review

Link to review
robdragon

7 of 10 members found this review helpful 7 / 10 members

It doesn't work even when you follow the instructions!

can't build roads or buildings or access the extra space at all.

What a waste. Don't bother!! Unless you like being frustrated!!!

Removed!

Share this review

Link to review
Rogério Junior

2 of 3 members found this review helpful 2 / 3 members

Olá. No meu Simcity este mod até funcionou. Mas não aceita nenhuma construção fora dos antigos limites mesmo com o mod expandindo estes antigos limites. Alguém poderia me ajudar? Queria muito que este mod funcionasse.

2 people like this

Share this review

Link to review
NiclistinRedd

Unknown date

2 of 3 members found this review helpful 2 / 3 members

Share this review

Link to review
emadmayub

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

I installed this mod and I don't know what is going on now. Menu/Options are fine but what about the natural resources? Their extraction is not up to the mark of original game (without mod). Like original mod was giving 370tons of ore per shaft whereas this mod is giving only 10 or 15 tons per shaft? Whats going wrong with it? I chose a city where oil, ore and coal were in plenty but after starting the city, they all started to disappear.

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Ushin00

This mod is awesome! You had been hearing my prayers, didn't you?

Share this review

Link to review
nigoki

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
FU3G0

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
ProcsKalone

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
arleiveloso

1 of 3 members found this review helpful 1 / 3 members

show

Share this review

Link to review
Yayie

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
His Divine Hand

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
brayan232001

·
  Edited by brayan232001

1 of 4 members found this review helpful 1 / 4 members

Amazing, this mod is necesary for have a full experience in SimCity. :yes::):thumb::ohyes:

Share this review

Link to review
leoherdeiro

eu baixei fiz Tudo certo mas MESMO ASSIM NÃO Consigo Construir na área Que Ouve a Expansão

Share this review

Link to review
GHuntGaming

I cant build any road inside the extended area and any building that does not require a road turns invisible.):

:???:    :sly:

Share this review

Link to review
Tigmat

The worst mod ever

Share this review

Link to review
nafeasonto

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

• STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By ST Challenges
      Night Scenes
      Create an image taken at night
      Season 3 - Challenge #12 - Extended (20 days)
      VOTING NOW OPEN!
      Please cast your votes in the challenge album.
      Thanks to @philforhockey51 for the challenge idea.

All cities have a unique atmosphere during the day,
      But once the sun goes down, it's the perfect time to visit Chinatown!
      At 7 o'clock, people hop from block to block,
      Buildings that appear dormant awaken,
      Sparkling bright and shimmering under the moonlight,
      There are many colours, smells and sights,
      Towering from amazing heights, cars can be seen moving in streams of white and red,
      Long before it's time for bed.

Yes for this challenge, we're simply looking to see your cities alive and active at night.
      Show everyone your best scene, which is brought to life during this time. Obviously skyscrapers play a big role in lighting a city skyline, but you can depict any night scene within an urban (or even rural) environment. Although not required, you may decide to enhance the image using an editing tool, or add additional effects/details. As usual, it's your choice what image you submit and how to present it.

This is an  Extended  challenge running for 20 days.

Submission Requirements
      Your image must present a scene at night.
        You may use any city-building game -- including SimCity 4, Cities: Skylines, SimCity (2013), and CitiesXL / XXL.
        Please submit only one image for this challenge.
      However, you may link a larger version of the same image in the description, or post in the comments section. Please see this post for clarification.
        For the purpose of voting, please check your image has a full title & description.
        Your image must be created solely by yourself, without any assistance from anyone else.
        To qualify for entry, please ensure your image is uploaded to the submissions category, and complies with these requirements.  
      Entering Images
       Note: Entries are still accepted into the submissions category, but you may be at an increased disadvantage, as voting has already opened: 
      http://community.simtropolis.com/gallery/category/7-challenge-submissions/

Leaderboard Rankings  
      A new leaderboard system is currently running for this season. This has been designed to incorporate all challenges, linking with each set of results.
      Each place in a challenge has points on offer -- the higher you finish, the more points you gain. Then at the end of the season, prizes will be given out to the top 10 in the final standings, with the winner being crowned the Grand Champion! 
      This  Extended  challenge is eligible for the "Overall" and "Weekly & Extended" leaderboards.

Full details and the current standings can be viewed in the following topic:

Voting Rules
      Votes may be cast by rating images inside the album. You may rate all entries once at any rating value (1-5). All votes are anonymous. We encourage you not to rate your own entry. Try to vote on all other entries, as this will help ensure the results are evenly distributed.  
      Suggested Voting Criteria
      Here are some ideas to help you evaluate each entry when voting:
      How well the scene builds and creates atmosphere at night. Does the night lighting stand out effectively? Is it clear, eye-catching or aesthetically pleasing? The amount of detail included in the scene, which helps bring it to life (e.g. people, vehicles or lighting effects). If the scene depicts a quieter location or time (e.g. after midnight), is there still a sense of atmosphere created?  
      The winners will be the top 3 ranked images after an 8 day voting period. Reputation prizes will be awarded based on the number of entries, and the overall average rating. See this topic for more info.
      For this  Extended  challenge, rep prizes will be given for the top 3 placed entries, along with points for the "Overall" and "Weekly & Extended" leaderboards.
      Good luck, let those lights shine!

• By ST Challenges
      Night Scenes
      Create an image taken at night
      Season 3 - Challenge #12 - Extended (20 days)
      VOTING NOW OPEN!
      Please cast your votes in the challenge album.

All cities have a unique atmosphere during the day,
      But once the sun goes down, it's the perfect time to visit Chinatown!
      At 7 o'clock, people hop from block to block,
      Buildings that appear dormant awaken,
      Sparkling bright and shimmering under the moonlight,
      There are many colours, smells and sights,
      Towering from amazing heights, cars can be seen moving in streams of white and red,
      Long before it's time for bed.

Yes for this challenge, we're simply looking to see your cities alive and active at night.
      Show everyone your best scene, which is brought to life during this time. Obviously skyscrapers play a big role in lighting a city skyline, but you can depict any night scene within an urban (or even rural) environment. Although not required, you may decide to enhance the image using an editing tool, or add additional effects/details. As usual, it's your choice what image you submit and how to present it.

This is an  Extended  challenge running for 20 days.

Submission Requirements
      Your image must present a scene at night.
        You may use any city-building game -- including SimCity 4, Cities: Skylines, SimCity (2013), and CitiesXL / XXL.
        Please submit only one image for this challenge.
      However, you may link a larger version of the same image in the description, or post in the comments section. Please see this post for clarification.
        For the purpose of voting, please check your image has a full title & description.
        Your image must be created solely by yourself, without any assistance from anyone else.
        To qualify for entry, please ensure your image is uploaded to the submissions category, and complies with these requirements.  
      Entering Images
       Note: Entries are still accepted into the submissions category, but you may be at an increased disadvantage, as voting has already opened: 
      http://community.simtropolis.com/gallery/category/7-challenge-submissions/

Leaderboard Rankings  
      A new leaderboard system is currently running for this season. This has been designed to incorporate all challenges, linking with each set of results.
      Each place in a challenge has points on offer -- the higher you finish, the more points you gain. Then at the end of the season, prizes will be given out to the top 10 in the final standings, with the winner being crowned the Grand Champion! 
      This  Extended  challenge is eligible for the "Overall" and "Weekly & Extended" leaderboards.

Voting Rules
      Votes may be cast by rating images inside the album. You may rate all entries once at any rating value (1-5). All votes are anonymous. We encourage you not to rate your own entry. Try to vote on all other entries, as this will help ensure the results are evenly distributed.  
      Suggested Voting Criteria
      Here are some ideas to help you evaluate each entry when voting:
      How well the scene builds and creates atmosphere at night. Does the night lighting stand out effectively? Is it clear, eye-catching or aesthetically pleasing? The amount of detail included in the scene, which helps bring it to life (e.g. people, vehicles or lighting effects). If the scene depicts a quieter location or time (e.g. after midnight), is there still a sense of atmosphere created?  
      The winners will be the top 3 ranked images after an 8 day voting period. Reputation prizes will be awarded based on the number of entries, and the overall average rating. See this topic for more info.
      For this  Extended  challenge, rep prizes will be given for the top 3 placed entries, along with points for the "Overall" and "Weekly & Extended" leaderboards.
      Good luck, let those lights shine!

• By ST Challenges
      Results Announced Here!
      Photoshop Challenge
      Enhance any image using software editing tools
      Season 3 - Challenge #05 - Extended (14 days)
      Without doubt, the most influential tool in our city-building games is custom content. But outside from the games, Photoshop has an equally powerful role. It helps to create even more eye-catching, authentic and visually interesting images. City journalling would never be the same without it.
      Like most image software, the tools within Photoshop have a strong learning curve. You can add, take away, or dive into the ever expanding tools and effects library. There's always something else to discover, and endless ways to transform an image into something great. It truly is a digital form of art.
      This challenge is all about enhancing any scene from your cities. It can be anything from advanced compositing, to simple retouching or changing colour balance. It's really up to you, and you don't have to be an expert.
      Obviously the industry standard tool is Photoshop. However, since the word generally refers to all types of image editing, you can use any software of your choice. A couple of free alternatives include GIMP or Paint.NET, both which can be expanded using effects plugins. There's quite a good list of other suggestions here.
      If you don't want to install anything, you could even use an online based tool like Pixlr.
      However, even though it's technically an option, MS Paint is not recommended!

This is an  Extended  challenge running for 14 days.

Submission Requirements
      Your image must be enhanced using at least one image editing technique, from any image editing software.
      If only making minor enhancements (e.g. blur / sharpen), please state this in the description to confirm.
        Please submit only one image for this challenge. This applies to all parts of the entry (e.g. comments).
        For the purpose of voting, please check your image has a full title & description.
      Leaderboard Rankings 
      Each place in a challenge has points on offer -- the higher you finish, the more points you gain. Then at the end of the season, prizes will be given out to the top 10 in the final standings, with the winner being crowned the Grand Champion!

The winners will be the top 3 ranked images. Reputation prizes will be awarded based on the number of entries, and the overall average rating. See this topic for more info.
      For this  Extended  challenge, rep prizes will be given for the top 3 placed entries, along with points for the "Overall" and "Weekly & Extended" leaderboards.

Good luck everyone, happy editing!

• By ST Challenges
      Results Announced Here!
      Photoshop Challenge
      Enhance any image using software editing tools
      Season 3 - Challenge #05 - Extended (14 days)
      Without doubt, the most influential tool in our city-building games is custom content. But outside from the games, Photoshop has an equally powerful role. It helps to create even more eye-catching, authentic and visually interesting images. City journalling would never be the same without it.
      Like most image software, the tools within Photoshop have a strong learning curve. You can add, take away, or dive into the ever expanding tools and effects library. There's always something else to discover, and endless ways to transform an image into something great. It truly is a digital form of art.
      This challenge is all about enhancing any scene from your cities. It can be anything from advanced compositing, to simple retouching or changing colour balance. It's really up to you, and you don't have to be an expert.
      Obviously the industry standard tool is Photoshop. However, since the word generally refers to all types of image editing, you can use any software of your choice. A couple of free alternatives include GIMP or Paint.NET, both which can be expanded using effects plugins. There's quite a good list of other suggestions here.
      If you don't want to install anything, you could even use an online based tool like Pixlr.
      However, even though it's technically an option, MS Paint is not recommended!

This is an  Extended  challenge running for 14 days.

Submission Requirements
      Your image must be enhanced using at least one image editing technique, from any image editing software.
      If only making minor enhancements (e.g. blur / sharpen), please state this in the description to confirm.
        Please submit only one image for this challenge. This applies to all parts of the entry (e.g. comments).
        For the purpose of voting, please check your image has a full title & description.
      Leaderboard Rankings 
      Each place in a challenge has points on offer -- the higher you finish, the more points you gain. Then at the end of the season, prizes will be given out to the top 10 in the final standings, with the winner being crowned the Grand Champion!

The winners will be the top 3 ranked images. Reputation prizes will be awarded based on the number of entries, and the overall average rating. See this topic for more info.
      For this  Extended  challenge, rep prizes will be given for the top 3 placed entries, along with points for the "Overall" and "Weekly & Extended" leaderboards.

Good luck everyone, happy editing!

• By ST Challenges
      Leaderboard Rankings - 
      A system to reward consistent results and participation during the challenge season

Here it is!
      As previously mentioned, a new leaderboard ranking system is being introduced this season. This has been designed to incorporate all challenges, linking with each set of results. Each place in a challenge has points on offer -- the higher you finish, the more points you gain. Then at the end of the season, prizes will be given out to the top 10 in the final standings, with the winner being crowned the Grand Champion!

The Leaderboard
      There are 3 types of leaderboards (click to jump to them below):
      Global  (25 challenges) Weekly and Extended  (14 challenges) Monthly and Custom Content  (11 challenges)
      Each of these has a link to a spreadsheet version hosted on OneDrive, which has some additional columns. There you can also view the history of the leaderboard using the tabs (sheets). These can be selected at the bottom, once the results for that challenge are updated.
      The Global leaderboard applies to all challenges, where the points gained are totalled up to make up the overall standings. Also to give people more opportunity (who may not be interested in the monthly events), there are separate leaderboards for both pairs of challenges.
      On each challenge, it will confirm which leaderboards are eligible.
      Summaries will be posted with the key happenings concerning the leaderboard standings.

If you'd like to know how it all works, please take a look below...

End of Season Prizes
      Following the conclusion of this season's 25 challenges, prizes will be given to the top 10 places in each of the leaderboards, along with special rewards for those inside the top 3.
      This will include reputation prizes, which are calculated amounts for each eligible place. By the way, with reputation, some new ranks will be added to hopefully make this more interesting. We also have some other special prize ideas including profile medals, which are to be arranged.
      Stay tuned!

~ The Challenges Team

• Newest Uploads