- Submitted: Jun 17, 2014 - 02:25 PM
- Last Updated: Aug 07, 2014 - 11:38 AM
- File Size: 3.44KB
- Views: 199454
- Downloads: 36,974
How to Install
- Download files
- Once download is complete, extract rar files. (right click > extract)
- Simply copy and paste OFFLINE-ONLY_Project_Orion_3k_Extended_Boundary.package
- Start SimCity > Play new map > Choose city tile > Save > Quit SimCity (not work if exit to Main Menu)
- Re-Start SimCity > Resume Game
Issues that have been plagued players since the game's release is now answered. Some says it is the holy grail of all mods. Some says this mod + buy game/reinstall. That's right, 3k extended border aka "bigger city".
What you should know about this Orion mod.
- 1. You may have trouble to choose/claim other cities that closely together and borders may overlap each other, a little practice with a mouse hover on other city, you may get the change/claim city. (Minor issues)
- 2. Normal roads wont allow you to draw roads outside the 2k boundaries, you need regional roads properties to allow the ability to draw them. Please visit Project Akar : UI Attachments download page for more details.
- 3. All regional roads cant be elevated.
- 4. The original map of land value, pollutions, water etc will be misaligned (visually). Example, you plop a $$ park, the land value indicates is slightly off set from the park itself. This offset issues does not effect residential or commercial buildings. Same goes to air pollutions, you may get your industrial pollutions few meters away from its original buildings, it does not effect residential even if its visualized so on pollutions map. What concerns me the most is ground pollutions, similar to air pollutions, it darkened the soil off set from its original buildings, Use Ground Scrubber to tackle this issues.
- 5. You need to improvise the happiness levels for each zones regarding off set map situations.
- 6. Off set also effects how you plant trees.
- 7. Yes you may plop buildings outside the default borders without using BoC, in condition of use the regional roads, please refer #2.
- 8. Yes you can zone residential, commercial, industrial outside, in one condition, you need connect the tile's original roads with the regional roads and use CTRL+Zone
- 9. Can only plop on North and East outside 2k - Use your right click button or middle mouse button on the mouse to find out the direction.
- 10. As your city starts to growing, fully developed, you may noticed some lag, this is normal. A logic when you have heavy populace and industrious city based on the game's engine added with extra areas to fill.
- 11. In some cases, you may plop buildings underwater or at the side of the mountains, depending on the road layout and the terrain.
- 12. In game regional roads and train tracks
cannotcan be demolish with this Regional Bulldoze Mod.
- 13. Buildings that include its small roads, like Garbage Dump etc can't be demolish outside 2k boundaries even the main buildings is destroyed.
Our sincere apologies for this drastic changes that may have cause confusions. We the modding community have decided to break down everything to satisfy end users experience. Due to limited time and energy, we work day and night to deliver to all as soon as we can. Regarding why Orion doesn't include certain mod that should've been use along with it, is mainly because to respect the original Author rather than copying and implement it on Orions. We hope users understand and be patience with us.
On side note, we understand that Orion may have difficulties for certain users to adapt, depending on their play style. So it may and it may not best for certain users. Orion is a broken mod ever released into the public, Orion can't survive alone without other mods to get it stands on its feet.
Our group feels that Orion needs to remain independent, however any functional mods that works with Orion will going forward listed for your convenience as decided by the group in our collaborative and new efforts in the future.
Again, please be patience, we are trying our best. Thank you.
Calling all modders.
We need more members to start modding, and share more to the community. Use the forums to ask questions if in need. 3k_extended mod needs another mods to make it stable. (fixing the map details maybe or anything that could improve this mod better). This mod is far from perfect but it is playable and not a game breaker even and needs your help. If you manage to create a mod that could improve this mod, by all means, upload it and I will link it here.
Special Thanks to SkyeStormes for a video review
Special thanks to Asilksworld for a video review.
Special thanks to chappers for his city design with Orion. Outstanding vision, plans and layout created alongside with Orion has proven that modders are able to create new possibilities to SimCity community. Thumbs up.
I would like to thank /u/Desarth from Reddit for the use of his images in showcasing Extended Boundary. Its a wonderful testament to what can be done with effort and creativity with various tools. I thank him personally for allowing me to use his images with this mod.
For Offline use only.
What's New in Version 1.0 Beta (See full changelog)
- added Project Orion - 3k Extended Boundary
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 18,621 Total Files
- 23 Total Categories
- 2,593 Total Authors
- 96,109,480 Total Downloads
- Nique's Modular Noise Barrier's (Brown) Latest File
- Nique Latest Submitter
111 user(s) are online ...
30 members, 78 guests, 0 anonymous users
boernie, jjsofly, Mister Giggles, geomcc, Helgo, 我是大灰狼, AlexSan, vintaxus, wildanboy, Odainsaker, Juggernaut499, mong0ose, steveisoutside, jacko1144, Google (3), RR VII, markche, Natir, tief, p901sme, MasterDwaine, aron4174, Kingmaker, wgb24, MathYou, seanmarcus2, 5pon, Cee.Jay, cromabianca, Tetris, Kimlea