• Moose

Improved Railroad and Streetcar tracks

(4.39)    (23 Reviews)

7 Screenshots

About This File

This modification replaces original textures of SC2013 railways and streetcar tracks to textures with higher resolution. New diffuse, normal and specular maps were drawn from scratch. Grain size on textures have the correct ratio. 

I made this mod for myself, it's not the final version and it's very far from what I want to see in the result. But with this mod you will get more detailed texture for the railways and will be able to make more realistic screenshots. 

Currently I'm creating 3d-models for the railroad tracks. But at this moment SimCityPak refuses to work with export original tracks. As a result, I can't get the dimensions and parameters of the original model. I'll wait for new versions.

Known glitches: 

- One side of the double-track railway darker than the other. This is noticeable in the daytime.

Problem in the original 3D-model (not yet possible to replace it). It's UV-shape are mirrored for the second railway path. Developers in a hurry when injected transport to the game.

- When you connect your railroad to region railway intersection place appears as streetcar tracks.

This is a mistake of the original game. Requires fix.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Grumpyoldowl

0 of 1 member found this review helpful 0 / 1 member

Share this review

Link to review
NickyZero

Share this review

Link to review
chio3846

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Share this review

Link to review
Yayie

Share this review

Link to review
meowza

Share this review

Link to review
zjeverico

Share this review

Link to review
NecrisGod

Share this review

Link to review
Captain

Share this review

Link to review
APSMS

Share this review

Link to review
WTEC-R

Share this review

Link to review
clcharle

Share this review

Link to review
Azuredge

Share this review

Link to review
Влад

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Thin White Duke
      I'm probably a big fat goobus who missed something essential during NAM installation, but I've been living with this for a while and it drives me nuts. My draggable rail has a completely different texture from the puzzle pieces.

• By FlyHigh
      Railway Concrete Tunnel
      Okay, so I've been working on this for a few months and I got some positive feedback on the Chat so I decided to ask the community what do YOU think of it?

Ok guys, your feedback is my guide. Tell me, what do you think?
    • By FlyHigh
      Hey everyone. I've been going back and forth with BAT. Learned some techniques and redone some stuff. I've started a few projects but never came bout to finish them. A few months back I started this one that I intend to carry on 'till the end.
      While playing, I've noticed a lack of el-stations over roads and, as such, I decided that that would be my next project.

Based on this 19th century parisian berlin station, I decided to model my own version.
      At the moment this is what i've got:

Here's the render before that railing:
        I'm now working on some access stairs so I can move on to texturing.
      What do you think? Keep in mind this is my very first BAT and its very first presentation to the public 
    • By lucasyordan

My buildings are disappearing, And I do not why.
      Please , someone help me

• By Miccrosshill
      Hi there,

i have a hard time with texturing my models .. after releasing the first ones i checked some other on the workshop and i was surprised how small they are (filesize). My models are smaller one (3*4) and when i switch to 1024*1024 for the texture - i got so blurry textures ingame that i want them to be seen.
      I tried to make the uv better for my models (resize them that mainstructures got the most part) - i looked for better textures - but i am not capable to get a satisfactory result.
      maybe some of you can give me some help to get better at texturing without blowing the filesize for each Model ~ 10MB.

Thats an actual model i working at with 1024*1024 texture:

the same model with a 2048*2048 texture :

As you can see they detail n the second is so much higher and on the first one it is just one "blurr".
      This is my uv-map :

i resized all important big areas to 1.5 - so details would be better - but i have not really luck with that.

I am really stuck at this moment .. having 3 models ready to release but they look only good with 2048² textures and have a filesize about 10 MB - when i check Jz´s Rusty Warehouse 2 - it has only 2.8 MB - shows me that i am doing something wrong.

thanks for any help/hint/suggetsion and sorry for opening a new thread for this

mic

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments