• Moose

1 Screenshot

About This File

Hi guys,

This mod changes the soil on your city edges to black. I was looking for something like this but couldn't find it, only this excellent mod;

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/24051-oxisol-soil-mod

and so I edited the images so they were plain black! Great for cross city tile stitching and mosaics!

-Note:

I did not do anything but change the colour of some .fsh files. All credit modding wise goes to Superhands.

-Installation:

Just download the .dat and copy/paste it into your plugins folder!

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Durfsurn

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Brockist

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Titanicbuff

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By MissVanleider
      Hello.
      My question is quick and easy with a long buildup. Question bit is below in bold for any people expert enough to have a crack at answering with minimal information

I have in the past used the below guide to edit the parameters of my terrain mod, which is fantastic as without this guide i would be lost!
      In the guide, @blunder states the below:
      "2.  MaxNormalYForCliff.  Max what for what?  This is the variable that controls whether or not the texture you see on each tile comes from your rock mod or your terrain mod.  The LOWER this variable is, the STEEPER your terrain must be before it is given rock texture instead of terrain texture.  This may sound counter-intuitive but it's because a 'normal' -like in the variable name- is a vector orthogonal to the tangent plane of a surface and... ok never mind i'll just tell you what you should do with this.
      If you use a 15m Diagonal Jagged Edges Mod (DJEM)and you are perfectly happy with that, you can set this to .77 and just walk away.  If you aren't familiar with a DJEM, it makes the terrain 'snap' to a nice line when making diagonal cliffs of a certain height; very useful for sunken highways and raised transit networks.  If you want to use a DJEM for 7.5m overpasses if and when the NAM team manages to fully implement that system then the value you want is .95.  Please note however that this comes with a huge trade-off where even the gentlest of slopes will become entirely rocky.  Not recommended unless you're building on a map that is flat as Holland.
      Also note that just using .77 (the 15m DJEM value) does not look the best on hilly and mountain areas.  It creates inconsistency in where the rocks appear and makes your terrain look weird; especially mountains.  So for mountain areas i like to use something between .60 and .65.  It really depends on the specific geology of your map."
      //quote

I set my value to .77 which indeed works brilliantly for retaining walls / reducing the jagged edge effect but the rocks do tend to appear everywhere as mentioned and making my attempts at nature look totally horrid.
      If i change the value to .60 for my exisiting, developed tiles and then load the tiles, will this work or break my save? - I ask because i first edited the values first time before starting work in a region and after i break it, it will be too late
      Edit:
      Gave it a go. World appears to be still on its axis and cliffs look nicer. Mods, if you can kill this post, please do so.
    • By Bipin
      So I woke up today, hoping to make a parking garage for Skylines. I opened the game at noon or so and played a bit, before doing so. I had closed it after noon, and worked away at my parking garage mod for 3 or 4 hours. I come back to the game to load the model, I make my lot, close the game, do a few chores, and come back to the game within an hour. I load it up, and the game just freezes (Cities Skylines has stopped working, Windows is trying to find a solution to the problem, etc.).
      Naturally, I think my newly made parking garage is giving the game grief, so I remove all files associated with it. Nothing changes. I use the --noWorkshop and --disableMods lines, that seems to fix things. But of course, I want to play with mods. I fool around with the game a bit, and find it'll run just fine if assets are loaded, but no mods (I use just the --disableMods line at this point).
      ...And naturally, I yet again assume it must be just a mod causing me grief. I do a binary search of all my files, it goes well, I'm almost done, and I load the game. I have about 80% of my files back where they should be - just 20% left to sort through as I try and find the culprit mod. Currently at 3.5-ish of 4+ GB's of mods and assets. I open the game up to test everything, open a city, play for a few minutes, and all is fine. I close the game, try it again and then the dreaded "Cities Skylines has stopped working" message appears. Yet again, at the Paradox black screen.
      I do a second binary search of these mods and assets. Not sure why it worked once, and not the second time, but in any case, I continue. I make my way back up to 2.6GB's worth of working mods and assets, I do the same thing, play for a bit, and after a few trials, the game stops working.
      By the end of the night, I've gotten to 1.5 GB's of mods and assets that work. Yet, binary searches just don't work any more. Even with smaller chunks of mod and asset files put back in place for testing, the game still freezes at the Paradox screen, albeit with an even lesser amount of them now - less than half of the custom content files I typically run.
      This is EXTREMELY frustrating. If anyone can offer help I would greatly, greatly appreciate it!!! It seems all my efforts are futile, given that so many of my custom content files are apparently broken, and it seems to be a rising number too. I have no idea what's going on. The closest I've come before to experiencing this is when Ngon deleted a bunch of his workshop items and I had to re-install them from another source.
      Debug if it helps:
      https://gist.github.com/anonymous/9e63419fd97392a4603c7803be9cdaeb
      I typically run 800+ mods (4+GB). There are normally a few errors, due to the fact that I run some older mods like American Roads and Road Colour Changer. These never cause a problem, and I've had them for nearly half a year.
    • By Fujiwara Taiki
      Hi everyone,
      This has been bothering me for awhile since I usually zone industrial area at the edge, which means that to ensure the zone continuity in the adjacent city I'll have to zone industrial zone at the edge too or else it would look very unrealistic (yes I know it sounds a bit OCD) So what do you usually zone at the border of your city?
      Thanks for your answers!
    • By adlersson
      Hi everyone,

I'm facing a quite annoying problem, which I have just encountered and it is sort of unreasonable. Usually I build massive commercial zones to provide jobs and don't add any industrial zones. Once, I tried to mix these two but after a while, the building types mentioned in the title became black due to low desirability. This only occurs, when the industry appears. Is it a bug or is there any way to avoid this?
    • By runamuck
      Map Edges MOD.....   Description..... Are you tired of the same old and drab Maxis edges on your maps? Then what you need is a little "Fixer-Upper" to see what the ground below might really be like! At least it's better than that concrete foundation look! This MOD has been developed and tested with Windows XP, running SimCity 4 Deluxe.   Dependencies..... This MOD has no dependencies other than a desire for a better looking piece of ground.   Installation..... Place this Mod anywhere in your Plugins Folder.   Comments/Help/Information on Runamuck's Creations..... http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/60743-runamucks-creations/   https://sites.google.com/site/runamuckshooch/home - runamucks.hooch@gmail.com
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments