• Moose

Megatower Base in Menu 1.1

(3.84)    (19 Reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Just a basic mod to add the megatower base to the menu, so you dont have to delete the default levels if you want something else. No other modifications made.

BUG : Road/power etc bug fixed.

Extract Megatower-No-Levels.package to your SimCityData folder to use this mod.

What's New in Version 1.1   See Changelog

Released

• 1.1 Bases updated to use the same logic as the other towers. for some reason the bases had their own. all 3 other tower build options use the same logic, so now the base functions just like the other towers.

User Feedback

they only have one entrance? i can't build the siede ones... but anyway good to measure.

Share this comment

Found a bug, the top 4 levels on the megatower dont accept power or water and give the closed: no power or water error.

Yeah, i think the base is bugged. It was actually a menu item left in the game that i found (also found something about towers storing ore/oil etc, need to investigate that further). I have a feeling its the base itself that is bugged. Going to work on it tonight to fix the roads issue as well, i should be able to modify the base with stats from the other towers to fix it.

Share this comment

【BUG:Road/power etc bug fixed】3 bugs in new updet

When I built one and more the road has not changed the COT。 When I built two and more link the megatower’s road,the tower disapper only have tower road。When I built a EliteMegatower,I can built the MegaTower's building not EliteMegaTower's。囧

Share this comment

【BUG:Road/power etc bug fixed】3 bugs in new updet

When I built one and more the road has not changed the COT。 When I built two and more link the megatower’s road,the tower disapper only have tower road。When I built a EliteMegatower,I can built the MegaTower's building not EliteMegaTower's。囧

Hmm, there does seem to be an issue with the placement if you put them too close together. if you move it away a bit it lets you plop it. i deleted it, and then i was able to plop right next to the other one, thats very strange. I'll look into it further.

as for building levels, i can build fine. what happens when you try and build a level?

Share this comment

cant delete the base anymore, too. and i can only build the normal tower modules on the elite base.

Share this comment

cant delete the base anymore, too. and i can only build the normal tower modules on the elite base.

Someone should totally make a mod for that.

Share this comment

Excellent idea ... BUT ... I built 4 of the Elite bases.  3 of them disappeared when I added the side roads to 2 of them, I could only see the road stubs from the bases, the megatower bases themselves were gone.  The megatower map showed only 1.  I couldn't bulldoze any them.  I was working in Single Player/Offline mode.  I exited the game and restarted it but no change.  I deleted the mod and restarted and was able to delete the 1 base that I didn't have any side roads attached to, the only one I could still see but the other 3 with just the stubs are still there and I couldn't build on top of them (overlapping).  Fortunately I had saved a version of the city before trying the megatower bases but I'm still out a million simoleons.  

Share this comment

Please don't forget to fix the flying cars.  LOL was kind of funny really, I even took a video of it.

Share this comment

uhmm is this offline only? I would assume not since you arent replacing or adding anything, only duplicating whats in default install of every CoT. Also with the problems listed above, which may be because of ImaginIllyar having more than one megatower mod installed, it may be just cheaper to delete the level I dont't want.

Share this comment

this is busted, when I click on it, after putting it down, it shows something about omega, even if there is no omega in the city...needs to be fixed

Share this comment

When you connect all the roads to the megatower it causes it to disappear but you can still see the three roads leading to it.  when this happens you are unable to do anything with this tower or the entire space taken up by the tower because the game still considers it to be there but invisible and you are unable to bulldoze it.  mod is not recommended to add.

Share this comment

Great idea, but it's broken.  Don't use this unless it gets fixed:  the bugs mentioned above are all true.  Also, if you remove the package and restart the game, you can't use megatowers anymore without the game crashing.  Specifically, it crashes if you click on the city specializtions button after you bulldoze a megatower.  

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we'd love to be able to do some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution is so meaningful, every dollar counts! Hardware Upgrades We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our ageing server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

06/22/2017

In order to conserve resources, we've disabled the global chatbar at the bottom of the site. Instead, the Chat can be accessed by clicking the top navigation tab. It will launch a new window. If you're not seeing this behavior, try clearing your browser's cache.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Simru
      I have been fascinated by MegaTowers ever since I started playing SimCity, and like many of you, I have lost money and patience until I finally could build successful MegaTowers that were earning me 15 million per day all alone.
      Although every post talks about bugged MegaTowers, it is just a (reasonable) misconception because people ignore the following things.
      Ps: there is a list MegaTower bug fix by the end, remember to check it!
      First: it is a MegaTOWER, not a MegaTown! MegaTowers do not work isolated, so the solution to your problem hardly relies on building new levels. Second: just like any other building in this game, some MegaTower complaints should be ignored for a while (especially after the 1st level [especially if you already took action]), because... Third: MegaTowers take a while to load informations, especially ones coming from outside the tower (which are very important), Just like any other residence, MegaTowers rely on their location, land value, nearby attractions, etc... you can't simply ignore these, because it will will totally ruin residents' happiness and satisfaction.
      Example 1: once I've created 2 MegaTowers side by side, isolated from everything else, with only one level each and both wanted park levels. Normally, players immediately build a park for each tower and there goes a ton of cash... But remember that MegaTowers are isolated SimCity buildings!
      So I simply built one park, and minutes laters residents from both towers were happy! Why? All residents can go to nearby towers to fulfill their needs (even when there is no Skybridge);
      Example 2: I have created 4 Elite MegaTowers side by side, with a huge $$$ park in between and shops by the avenue. Well, they NEVER asked for any of these. But then they asked for jobs (I have no industrial buildings and few shops), so I created an office level in one of them. Well, they simply went to work inside this single Tech Office).
      Ps: once again, info takes a while to load, so they kept complaining for a while...
      Ps 2: never forget that Tech Offices only vary in wealth quantity (never excluding any kind).
      Example 3: I had this single $ MegaTower which suddenly started complaining about jobs... Some players build Office/Shop Levels immediately, but that is a horrible idea because all levels cost money to maintain and you need to be sure you can fill exactly what those will require. To fix this, I simply created a few industries and soon they were all working very happily.
      Oh, yes: it took a while to fill the apartments back again! If there is a MegaTower glitch, that is the real one.
      Example 4: once I had these two towers (one $$ and one $$$), with high wealth parks in between and only $$$ houses nearby that said "We need more shoppers to make a profit". But only the $$ kept complaining about building another apartment level Why? Well, 2 Apartment levels weren't enough to buy everything because those were the only medium wealth in town – unlike the $$$ MegaTower Shop, which was receiving shoppers from the rich houses nearby.
      MegaTower tips and bug fixes
      Never mix different wealth apartments unless you REALLY know what you are doing.

Always check your RCI demands and population stats before building MegaTowers and its levels.
      You have to earn at least 2.5k and 4.5k per hour Simoleons to build MegaTowers and Elite Megatowers, respectively. Oh, that obviously applies to additional levels, so you won't ever have to shut it down as you try to fix it (making it take even longer to load your recent actions).
      Once again, never build a MegaTower unless you can afford the extra sewage, water and electricity it may require as you build more levels. Otherwise, you will bankrupt!
      Remember to be resilient when complaints are persistent... example: if your residents said they are overworking / have no relief from work even after you just built another apartment level to fix it, just wait a few game days to make sure if they are still unhappy. The same is true to "not enough workers to make a profit" bug and every other complaint.
      At the end of the day, if nothing fixes your glitches, you can just demolish problematic levels... but bulldozing rarely solves it, because they new one will probably have problems. So my best advice is to build your MegaTower very slowly.
      Since MegaTowers are not isolated from the whole SimCity, you can build Solar Panel Crowns to bring to energize your whole city and region; build parks to increase nearby residents satisfaction; get Air Scrubber Crowns to fill your ground with water and etc...
      Oh, the 15 million I earned from MegaTowers was because they had offices and shops with 5 Billboard Advertising Crowns!
      Well, that's it! Thanks for reading <3
    • By HooblaDGN
      Hello,
      I am in a multiplayer game and am not using mods but my second elite Megatower will not receive power or water past level 3.
      I have ample supply of both flowing into the tower.
      Does anybody know what's going on?

• By Trylk255
      Request to delete this thread because I will start a new one with a different name and the project will be in the new thread. If you are willing to re-use this thread, you are welcome as well !
    • By Crystallyne
      I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out here.  I've played around with various mods and watched some YouTube videos of Skye Storme's reviews on mods.  I decided to remove all of the ones I had and then install his Mod Pack.  (Found here: http://skyestorme.com/skyepack-mod-pack/)  It includes a variety of mods that are mostly from Simtropolis, which is why I'm coming here.

Everything has been going great, until I start building MegaTowers.  I get to about the 4th level, and they start screaming that they aren't getting water or power!  I have tried maxing out my water/power sources, including placing secondary providers closer to the towers.  There's tons of water and power flowing through my city, but the MegaTower levels still aren't getting what they need.  (I have also tried removing the Orion Project, as I found I wasn't really a fan of it and sometimes the water/power had problems getting through the entire city consistently.)

I'm thinking this is a bug with one of the mods.  But the Mod Pack includes quite a few mods, and I really don't know which one might be causing it.  I AM going to start pulling mods out one by one and see if I can identify the problem.  But I thought I would ask here in case anyone else has encountered this problem.
    • By Nikola101

<p>&nbsp;</p>
      <p>&nbsp;</p

<p>&nbsp;</p>
      <p>&nbsp;</p

Installation notes
      Extract Files to . .\SimCity\SimCityData

Copy Files from . .\SimCity\SimCityUserData\

“SimCityDLCEP1-Scripts_287520926.package”
      “SimCity-Scripts_287520926.package”

Paste Files to . .\SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages
      Not working? use . .\SimCity\SimCityData
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• @Bipin Hi! Could you update the dependency links on this upload (and any other uploads of yours, which had dependencies on the sadly-no-existing-anymore SIMPEG page)? Thanks in advance! - Tyberius
    • Since this is growable, what size lot do I zone for this building to grow? (Ex. 2x2, 3x3, etc.?) Anyone who can answer this I'd appreciate it. 
    • This reminds me of the old one up by my house. The new Walmart got built next door in a big open area with the newer super center building, the old one now is a   Tractor supply Co., Dollar Tree and a little  Hibbett sports. 
    • Extract the file SimCity 4 Extra Cheats Plugin.dll to the root directory of your plugins folder. This means put the file in C:\...\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins. DO NOT put the file into a sub-folder, it will only work if placed into the main directory. Then enter your game and follow the instructions above. does this mean put it                 ||                                                       \/ \My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins [here]\sub-folder