The Extended Worker Data Mod 2.41

(4.97)    (75 Reviews)

6 Screenshots

About This File

Have you ever wondered how many jobs of each wealth level a work building supports? This Mod adds three bars to the civic, commercial and industrial buildings rollovers that gives you just that information. It will also help you make informed decisions in regards to zoning for residential buildings.

In order to make this Mod, I created a new piece of UI with a matching data binding function. Fortunately, there was already an example similar to what I wanted to do in the MegaTower Office level rollover, so my first task was to copy the layout with the three bars into a new file.

I then looked up how the worker data was fed into the bars in the rollover, and copied that piece of JavaScript into another file. Because of the way the UI is packed in the game, I had to find a JavaScript file that is packed by itself rather than add the function to the main (and very long) UI file. To do this, I opened the Mayor Rating UI file and pasted the code at the bottom of it. I renamed the original “kSkyTowerLevelOfficePopulation” function to “kWorkers” and encoded it to “0xe15027f1”.

Finally, I went through all the units in the game that have workers (I actually looked for the code for “kMaintenance” and combed through the results) and added the new rollover item’s ID to their list of extended rollover data.

What's New in Version 2.41

Released

• Reposted with informative data.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi Guillaume I think I speak for everyone when I say that your individual efforts in modding this game are great and gives me hope of this game being great. and that every mod you do makes the game better and alot more playable. I was laying in bed having one last look at the available mods last night and seen yiur next great mod the subway system ( honestly I was going to get up and download it but due to having to get up at 4.45 for an early flight I thought I had brtter not. But now wishing I did as I can no longer see it being listed anywhere I really hope that it will be going back up for download as I know if I dont get it I will just be enoyed that I had the chance and lostit. There so please maxis guillaume post the subway system again.

Share this comment

Hello- Great Mod. I am wondering how to install this Mod- I have looked and I havent been able to find any installation info. Thank You-

Share this comment

Does this mod require the Cities of Tomorrow DLC as I can't get it to work.. If it does you should let folks know.

Update: After finding out from another modder about their mod I decided to put this file in the simcitydata folder and now it works thank you for the awesome mod.. :)

Share this comment

I keep getting this issue after downloading the mod where the data is corrupt and i can't use it. I don't know what's going on the other mods work fine.

Share this comment

I'm just wondering, you said JavaScript, did you mean Java, they're totally different. I'm pretty sure SimCity runs on Java.

Share this comment

Awesome mod. I am finally taking a short break this evening from creating mods and am actually using them for once. This is a very useful mod, thanks!

Parker

Share this comment

in my industrial and commercial buildings, the rollovers jobs bars are always shown as half full. even though i have excess of unemployed workers in the city. does anyone know why is that?

Share this comment

I have the same issue as TEMO76. When looking at employing buildings they all say loads of jobs (many have less than half the workers they need), but the population detail screen tells me there are no jobs and rampant unemployment. Perhaps this is something to do with offline mode, as I didn't test it online.

Share this comment

FourWinds, exactly the same. Detail screen has zero vacant jobs while buildings employment bars are still half full. anyway, tell me if it is related to the offline play.

Share this comment

I love this mod, but I had to eliminate it, because, I don´t know how, but when I had the mod installed I couldn´t plop any module in the municipal airport. Is it just in my game?

Share this comment

MaxisGuillaume  - Please make this work Offline Sir!

Just out of curiosity, why are people saying that it doesn't work in Offline mode? Is it because of the half-full levels that it shows? If that is the case, how do you know that it's not accurate. I read somewhere that factories only require the minimum number of workers to open. This argument could be extended that the "available jobs" number only shows the minimum number of jobs needed for all factories to open.

Share this comment

I found some problems.

1. disappeared Airport Addon Building Snap Points - can't build addon buildings.

2. Error Message after Quitting

please, check about that.

Share this comment

sorry for the incomplete sentance i download the  extended worker data mod. But some buliding didn't shown nothing .what can i do?

Share this comment

Sir, there is a problem of the civilian owned hotels ($$$).

the bar of the tourists says 0/0 while the bar is blue. It's definitely a bug. Pls fix it 

Share this comment

Ok when I click on one of my industrial buildings the extended worker data mod says there are ten workers however when I go into the population data screen and place my mouse over the same industrial building it says there are 12 workers, I was wondering why this would be?

Share this comment