• Moose

Streetlights Collection - Part 1

(4.75)    (4 Reviews)
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1 Screenshot

About This File

I found these in my folders while cleaning my hdd.

Feel free to use these in your BATs.

They are SAT files, just import into 3ds max.

Enjoy!

THESE ARE NO FINISHED BATs OR LOTs!

FOR MODELLING ONLY!

... but this is only the first part ...

User Feedback

I'm a little curious, but why aren't they already rendered? :?

.... well, the are not finished (some textures etc. are missing) and I did not create them with 3ds max (created them with vectorworks + dialux a while age for some old urban design projects), there will probably be a updated version comming up already in the next few weeks ...

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/12/2017

If you can, please help us reach our June donation goal!  Please note that the STEX Collector's Set gift can now be sent to you by digital download, as well as by mail! Simtropolis runs mostly on donations, as you know, every dollar helps us keep things up and running and bring in improvements from time to time. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

06/22/2017

We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our aging server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the additional load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task.  You may have noticed that we've been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we work out allocating resources for more optimal performance. We've also applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is something we'd like to be able to upgrade. The last time we upgraded hardware was a in 2012. Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Your contribution means a lot!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By JP Schriefer
      We all know BATters usually scale their models by 133%, but to be honest I never knew how exactly this number was reached and I'd like to know.
      Today I was reading about how types of projections work and I noticed SC4 isn't really isometric, but trimetric just by 1 degree. I think it's acceptable to consider it as dimetric since it makes calculations way easier and it's an insignificant error. Actually I believe it's more likely that I got it wrong due to the prospector error or any other thing and it's indeed dimetric.

So this is a cube made with 3ds without vertical scaling. As you can see the height must also be equal to 433px. It means we need to scale it by (433/317)*100 = 136,6%.

It makes sense to me, but does it to you as well? It's always good to ask, sometimes other people notice something wrong we are not seeing
    • By crownsteler
      So a few years ago I had a go at bating. Unfortunately due to computer issues I never got around to finishing any of them, and long since lost the files. A bit of a shame really; I was nearly done modeling these two sets of buildings, all they really needed were nightlites and some desaturating of the textures. Oh well. 
      Last weekend, for some odd reason, I decided to reinstall SimCity 4 and play it. But, after downloading a ton of new content, I found I still couldn't make the cities I wanted (mostly modern urban Dutch). The first thing that bothered me was the lack of varied in utilities, specifically pumping stations. So I looked up some modern pumping stations here in the Netherlands, and, the idiot that I am, downloaded gmax to see if I could make something of it:
      The first one I had a go at was a largish sewage pumping station:

Unfortunately this is the material it is made out of, and I am not quite sure how to texture this. I have half a mind of simply modelling the panels instead of texturing it.
      In the mean time I decided to model another pumping station, a small drainage pump this time:

It has the same issue with texturing, so oh well.
      While looking through pumping stations here in the Netherlands, I came across this little thingy and decided it also really needed modelling (for a change it is an actual ground water pumping station!):

It is actually coming along quite nicely. I just need to finish the doors, add the rain gutter and some roof junk. I possibly need to figure out how to model a few pumps to fill the large frontal roof if the windows are going to be transparant (ugh...)
      At the same time I was really annoyed by the power utilities in the game. So yeah...
      I came across this funky little substation, and since it takes no effort to model had a go at it:

Not sure if there is interest in this sort of thing though.
      I also created this substation (could also work as an industrial lot). I want to make it a wall to wall lot, but, as the roof is overhanging to the sides, I don't know how to go about it.

And, if I ever feel confident enough to do so, I'd love to have a go at this power plant. The turbine halls are simple enough, but the chimney seems daunting.

Anyway; thoughts and suggestions? Compliments or hate is also welcome. Oh, and IrfanView apparently does not like transparency. I hope you can ignore the black outlines on the images, they are not supposed to be there.
    • By fujikazu
      I just recently started playing again for the updates since After Dark and wanted to update a previous interchange asset going by the same name that I made. Which, this whole time was missing 2 connections but I never noticed. It's easy enough to fix the other one yourself if you prefer the cheaper and slightly smaller 3-lane version but this 4-lane version should have all highways connected to the others allowing travel from one highway to the other 3.

All ramps are two-lane one-way highways for higher speeds and all road pieces have sound barriers(also easy enough to change to the non-barrier version yourself if you prefer).

I have included a picture with arrows showing the connections(forward, left, right, U-turn) just in case anyone wanted to make sure. 

If you get a slope too steep error it's probably because of the turning ramps. Either get a mod or edit it yourself in the editor if you feel it happens too often.

• By alborzka
      This thread will focus on improving and revamping the Transport Lines Manager mod, as well as potentially adding features from IPT and/or unique new features if possible.
      Transport Lines Manager Reborn 6.0.2 now in the workshop.
      Bugs as of 6.0.2:
      Renamed depots are not working in the TLM listing and in depot details windows. Not show cable car stations on linear map as near transport. Ticket price changes not being implemented. Sort lines by colour not working. TLM Unknown Error on Evac Routes trace OP is below:
      The creator of IPT hasn't been online in over 5 months, and the creator of TLM hasn't been online in nearly 1 month. Mass Transit DLC is coming out in a few weeks, and I don't know how either of these mods will fare with changes being brought to the transit system.
      Is anyone in touch with either of these authors? I would especially hate to see TLM go to the dustbin of modding history considering how many options and useful configurations it provides (plus the aesthetics!) such as changing frequency depending on time of day (such a no-brainer), and IPT has excellent debunching. Now that these two mods are nearly incompatible, and with the DLC coming out soon potentially rendering both useless, something must be done. They're far too valuable to go to waste.
      If we can't get the authors to update their mods or publish their code for others to carry it forward, can we all maybe pitch in and create an entirely new mod from scratch? Is someone working on this already? Even with the improvements being brought with the free upgrade/DLC, I feel TLM/IPT features will still be vital to many player's C:S experience. What do y'all think?
    • By lsrprules2
      There's a very impressive BAT of Lomonossov University on SC4Devotion and I would like to download it, but it replaces the ingame University building. Could someone refer me to a guide on how to possibly edit it so that it exists as a separate building instead? It doesn't have to still be a rewards building but I'd like for it to retain its functionality; if it's the same as the ingame University campus which is much smaller, I might want to increase the stats appropriately.

Here is the link: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2881

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments