• Moose

Streetlights Collection - Part 1

(4.75)    (4 Reviews)
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1 Screenshot

About This File

I found these in my folders while cleaning my hdd.

Feel free to use these in your BATs.

They are SAT files, just import into 3ds max.

Enjoy!

THESE ARE NO FINISHED BATs OR LOTs!

FOR MODELLING ONLY!

... but this is only the first part ...

User Feedback

I'm a little curious, but why aren't they already rendered? :?

.... well, the are not finished (some textures etc. are missing) and I did not create them with 3ds max (created them with vectorworks + dialux a while age for some old urban design projects), there will probably be a updated version comming up already in the next few weeks ...

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By CT14
      Welcome to the development thread for CT14 lots and BAT. Here's a quick list of current releases so you don't have to scroll through the thread to find them all:
      North American Freight Sidings
      Llama Terminal Company
      SABER LA River
      Troy Gasholder Building
      FAB Diagonal Industrials
      Lowrider Props
      In-N-Out Lowrider Show
      Old Time Power Plants - jestarr Boilerhouses

---
      North American Freight Sidings original first post:
      Inspired by the lack of existing lots representing protypical North American freight railroad sidings, I've created a system of lots that can be used to create eye-candy rail sidings. They are transit-enabled for appearance. I have been encouraged to share my progress in a dedicated thread by helpful feedback in the Show Us Your Railroads general thread, especially from SimCoug, T-Wrecks, raynev1. And the whole thing wouldn't exist without the Jestarr props.

Features:
      18 ploppable lots for different railcar types on double track rail Transit enabled connections to make the lots fit in seamlessly anywhere Three prop families to provide a variety from Jestarr's boxcars, intermodal and general merchandise freight ("Junkers") RRW compatibility Known issues:
      Transparent texture bug as described here http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/42425-transparent-texture-issue/ The lots need custom icons created and added, through Reader as described here: http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php?title=Tutorial:Inserting_a_custom_menu_icon_with_the_Ilive_Reader Future development ideas:
      Single Track Rail lots don't match exactly when using textures extracted from the RAM .dat, and I probably need permission to use them separately in any case. So, STR sidings may be a separate release at some point. Four-track lots would be prototypical for large yard trackage, but don't exist in RRW. Custom textures might allow some eye-candy four-track lots in future, this would resemble an updated subset of NCD. Dependencies:
      BSCMegaProps JES Vol01 (v1.0) - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=342 For RRW, you need the NAM with RRW enabled. Download:
      Please report bugs here. Thanks!
    • By Krasner
      Hello dear fellow of Simtropolis,
      I've experienced some small but exhausting issues in Gmax BAT recently  I never saw such things and it seems to curiously increase, and before attempting re-install, I'd like to have some advice.
      It started with the right-click on objects (which allows to unroll a red list with some options) being completely ignored and never appearing in a small scene. I've tried to export the objects in  new scene but it appears to be the same in every new scene... And in the old ones as well °-° So I could'nt make a single mesh with the various boxes aimed to be the LODs. I did that several times before and it always worked.
      But, you may say, it's possible to turn splines into meshes with the modifier list on the right as well. That's what I tried then, it worked, but then ALL the objects I wanted to make a single mesh with (to be the new LODs, still...) won't appear in the attach list °-° And OF COURSE, it's the same everywhere... Please help !!
    • By 11241036
      Short description:

This override mod replaces the concrete sidewalk on SAM 8 Cobblestone Streets by the same cobblestone texture found on pedestrian zones. (See screenshots.) The main reason for me for making this mod was to improve the look of older districts of a city and having a smooth transition between SAM 8 streets and aforementioned pedestrian zones. This mod does not affect any in-game function, neither of the SAM 8 streets nor of the pedestrian zones, it is merely a visual enhancement.
      Furthermore, I’ve replaced the lanterns on the streets by older looking lanterns. These will automaticly be spread on the sidewalks by the game on all straight orthogonal and diagonal routes, when buildings (both growable and ploppable) are standing there.
      Since several players already use roadtop transit stations (like those from the RTMT), I’ve also created 3 roadtop transit stops that can be placed on SAM 8 streets from this mod, visually fitting the textures. There are stations for bus, subway, and bus and subway combined. For users of RTMT, I’ve added a texture that will replace one of the RTMT’s textures (on the Roadtop SAM 8 stations) to match the textures from this SAM 8 override mod.

For further information, please refer to the readme in the download.

Please read the installation instructions below carefully, because not only is the installation a bit tricky, if this mod isn't installed correctly, it may not work.

Dependencies:

-  Network Addon Mod Version 32 or newer: This mod includes the following mod packages required for this plugin: Street Addon Mod. Without the Street Addon Mod, you won’t be able to build SAM 8 streets in the first place. As you may already know, it introduces a big variety of additional networks to the game.
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26793-network-addon-mod-for-windows-installer-offsite

The dependencies below are only required for the roadtop stations:

- SFBT Moderne Bushaltestellen von Fluggi und khoianh94 or SFBT Modern Bus and Tram Stops: Contains the bus stop buildings and the most props on the lots and introduces a series of bus and tram stops on or next to roads. Only the file SFBT_Haltestellen_Fluggi_khoianh_Props.dat is required; you can delete the rest of the files if you don’t want to install the bus and tram stops themselves.
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2536 (LEX registration required)

- Road Top Mass Transit (RTMT): Required for the subway stairs. This plugin introduces a set of various road-top traffic stations. You’ll only need the file RTMTV3_PropF_Subway_Ninja_Gray.dat.
      Link 1: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/13510-road-top-mass-transit
      Link 2: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/17670-roadtop-mass-transit-v3-installers
      Note: If you don’t want to install the RTMT plugin itself, you can instead download Additional Subway Entrance Props. This plugin contains the same file. Since it only contains props for plugin developers, it does not modify the game itself.
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/13698-additional-subway-entrance-props

- SAM No Grass Mod: Required for the SAM 8 overlay textures. This sidewalk mod alters the look of SAM streets 2, 7, 8, and 9 by removing the grass parts of the sidewalks.
      The homepage is in Japanese and therefore most people won’t understand everything. After following the link below, scroll down a little bit until you see a file with this name being mentioned: z_SAM_NoGrass_Mod.zip (you may also have a look at the last screenshot below; its content is not part of the Full Cobblestone Street mod, I've just added it to facilitate looking for this dependency file). Hit the Download link to download it.
      Note: If you don’t want to install this sidewalk mod itself, open all folders in this mod that you find and remove all files except those containing “Omake“.
      http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=803

Currently available languages:

- English
      - German

Note: This is my first attempt at uploading multilingual files. I tried my best doing everything in the way a tutorial explained it to me. Players that have installed the game in German should get German text, everyone else should get English text. (This does, however, only count for the roadtop stations.) If this does not work, please write me a message or a review here.

Installation:
        Step 1: Basic installation

Extract all files to a folder where you will find them. Move or copy the folder z___zSAM 8 Cobblestone Street Override (it is strongly advised to keep the folder name) into your Plugins sub-folder of your edition of SimCity 4 (for instance: C:/Programs/Maxis/SimCity 4/Plugins). You can overwrite any previous version of this plugin with the new files.

Step 2: Road textures

For users of default (American) road textures: Remove the file SAM 8 CSO Euro Textures.dat.
      For users of European road textures: Remove the file SAM 8 CSO US Textures.dat.

Step 3: RHD/LHD on roadtop stations

If you have right-hand drive installed: Remove the folder Roadtop Stations LHD.
      If you have left-hand drive installed: Remove the folder Roadtop Stations RHD.
      If you do not want to install the roadtop traffic stations at all: Remove both folders.
      (All stations will work with both RHD and LHD, they just look differently. See screenshot below.)

Step 4: RTMT users

The file SAM 8 CSO RTMT_SAM_Textures Override.dat will override one of the textures of the RTMT, having the texture on your SAM 8 roadtop stations match with the textures from this SAM 8 override mod. (I'm, however, not sure if this requires you to bulldoze your SAM 8 stations and build them again, if this would be the case, please leave me a note here.) If this is not desired, remove this file.

Uninstalling:

To uninstall, demolish all roadtop stations from this plugin in your cities, if you've built some, and then remove all files from this plugin.

Further notes on installation: -  This mod will affect the look of all SAM 8 streets immediately after being installed. It is not necessary to build new streets, and it is not necessary to remove them before uninstalling.
      -  Make sure that the folder containing these files loads last in order to override all default NAM files, or else this mod will not work.
      -  Important note: SimCity 4 apparently handles special characters, such as the “_“, differently than Windows Explorer. Windows Explorer shows files containing the “_“ first, but SimCity 4 loads them last. Changing the above mentioned folder name can result in this mod losing its effect because it will be overridden by the files from the folder “z___NAM“.

Compatibility:

Since this plugin requires installation of the Network Addon Mod, it is only compatible with SimCity 4: Rush Hour, or SimCity 4 Deluxe.

Credits:

-  Ganaram Inukshuk (Simtropolis Exchange) for valuable help on explaining me how to create the textures for this modification. -  eggman121 (sc4devotion) for valuable help on explaining me how to add props (lanterns) on these streets.
      -  rsc204 (Simtropolis Exchange) for the suggestion to release an override texture for RTMT users.

You are of course welcome to write me a private message or leave a comment here for any of the following:
      -  You want me to make improvements or additions.
      -  You have found a bug.
      -  You want me to improve the readme text (the English one in particular, my English may not be perfect).
      -  You can translate the in-game and readme texts to another language.
      -  You found out that I forgot to credit someone (hopefully I can remember everyone).

• By Finnbhennach
      Behold, a curious place, where evil BATs come alive and snack on your brains! 
      (Initial post reserved for project updates or announcements and tutorials when appropriate.)

Ongoing Projects:
      New York City
           Blocks of Midtown, Manhattan
      I. 1292B (4 x 8 Residential/Office)
      // Pending Completion
          ▫ 575 Madison Ave
          ▫ 34 E 57th St
          ▫ 432 Park Ave
          ▫ 48 E 57th St
          ▫ 50 E 57th St
          ▫ 450 Park Ave
      ?. 1293A (4 x 8 Store/Office)
      // Bergdorf Goodman, Breitling, Burberry, Chanel,
         Dior, Fendi, Hublot, Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu,
         Saint Laurent, and more.
          ▫ 737 5th Ave
          ▫ 743 5th Ave
          ▫ 745 5th Ave
          ▫ 14 E 58th St
          ▫ 16 E 58th St
          ▫ 600 Madison Ave
          ▫ 3 E 57th St
          ▫ 5 E 57th St
          ▫ 9 E 57th St
          ▫ 11 E 57th St
          ▫ 15 E 57th St
          ▫ 17 E 57th St
          ▫ 598 Madison Ave
    • By CorinaMarie
      As some of you know I've been playing without the illustrious NAM while I learn the basic game. For the one or two other peeps on the planet who might be starting out NAMless, I feel the following might be of some use. The rest of you may feel free to skip this long, picture packed mini observation.
      So, I've been playing a natural (random) growth region in which I've zoned mostly farms that are interspersed with the initial god mode trees to simulate the real world where I live. (For the curious my progress starts here and continues with several posts over the past couple months there in the rest of the thread.)

This post is not about that tho. This is phase two where the industrial revolution has started and factories are pervading the countryside.

The Acres family farm is a short distance from a major four lane highway. They are planning to retire and haven't set out any crops this season. The Big-O Factory Development Corporation has purchased the farm (dirt) cheap. The Acres's sell with the condition that they can keep the small tractor shed and a tiny parcel of bare ground.

^ Yes, there is an Ugly Yellow Pause Thingy in some of my pics. I like it sometimes to indicate, well ..., that my game is Paused.

The development begins with building the streets and adding bus stops.

Next they add a water system.

And then survey it from above ground to be sure all of the parcel is watered. Some nearby residents get public water as an unintended bonus.

The building locations are prepared by de-zoning the farm ground.

The Mayor has specifically tweaked the tax rates to create the desired demand. (Note: These settings are not some magic set. They are based on the local and regional influences at the moment.)

Using Ctrl-Zoning (as described in the Tutorial:Precision Zoning) the hope is to attract larger factories and cramped living quarters for some workers along with some low density commercial so they can buy some bread.

We check and see there is a nearby Medical Clinic and boost its funding sufficiently to handle the increased patient count cause the radius includes a part of the new residential zone.

Now we turn on time and wait for the factories to grow. The Sims aren't overly enthusiastic about moving here so we plant a grass tile. These uneducated Sims are just wild about such a thing.

Now to zone for more residential and add a local Doctor's Office. I did the zones separate to preclude 4x2 buildings from growing.

When the Tenements grow (which is the look I wanted for here) I click them all to Historical so they don't later try to merge together and morph into a bigger building. I did zone them high density so I can change my mind about it in future years.

Then I zone the final two residential parcels.

Plop a bunch more pretty green grass and the Sims rush in.

And fill in the rest of the area with grass and a playground for the kids.

A wee bit of traffic congestion occurs.

Not to worry, says Jamil Herd. Upgrade those parts of the Streets to Roads.

All better now.

And here it's completed.

Set the medical funding at an appropriate level for the new Clinic.

But wait! say the local denizens. You said this would create jobs for all of us. The outsiders took most of the jobs before we even got moved in.

Hmm. Ok, that latter statement is prolly an exaggeration, but who is working where? the Mayor asks.

Jamil, bulldoze a piece of that Road. That'll keep the interlopers out.

Well, that hurt the factory jobs some.

Yeah, but let's see where the peeps are working now.

Rebuild the road and run some more time. Here's the jobs graph.

Alright then. Where do the local Sims work now?

Run a bit more time and here's the jobs graph.

And, finally, we see a significant reduction in traffic coming and going from the new industrial complex.

The total commuters from the 6 residential buildings in those three stages are:
      563 initially 575 during isolation 599 final And the total commuters on that entry road
      1383 initially 697 final So, it appears that without NAM one needs to take into consideration who's going to work where and where will they come from, or go to, as one of the key aspects of the amount of traffic.

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments