• Moose

3 Screenshots

About This File

This mod provides a template layout for a perfect city with a maximum traffic efficiency to building density ratio. It does only change the guides that appear ingame, if you draw a street. As requested the most important information you have to know ;)

Instructions 
 - Install by copying the .package file into your ...\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityData\ folder
 - If you rename the file, make sure it comes before "SimCity_Game.package" alphabetically

Warning 

- Modifying files is still experimental and might lead to city rollbacks 
(no rollback caused by this mod)
 - There is no official statement from Maxis nor EA about using mods, so use at your own risk

Useful Links: Google Spreadsheat (WIP) | Discussion

• roads 1st guide (2HD) 2nd guide (4HD)
  • low street 1st guide (1HD) 2nd guide (2HD)
  • med street 1st guide (3HD) 2nd guide (6HD)
  • high street 1st guide (1MT) 2nd guide (2MT)
  • avenue 1st guide (1HD) 2nd guide (2HD)
  • transition between avenues and low street

MT = MegaTower

HD = High Density building
There is only the transition between avenues and the low density street. Other streets or the dirtroad deliver wrong guides i would think. You should always use the same road/street to deliver you a guide.

Examples:

• you have a low density street > pick low density (or avenue for transition) and let the guides show up
  • you have a dirtroad > pick dirtroad and let the guides show up
  • and so on

To explain my decision for the transition: it will help you keep your avenues free of traffic. If you want the space between avenues to be higher it would mean there is no such help anymore. You would have to zone on your avenues. How the mod actually works you are able not to zone at your avenues. The only reason for me to do it like i did it.

If there are any questions about changing values of my mod send me a PM please.

some Credits

XoXiDe for his great mod (see a lot of use in my pics)

MaxisGuillaume (Closer Road Guides 1.0) and Skyestorme for his remake

zombie12 (Real Population)

What's New in Version 1.1   See Changelog

Released

• - added CoT functionality (high density street)
  • - tweaked Closer Road Guides Mod
  • - changed guides for avenue, low/med street and roads
  • - added transition between roads/streets and avenues

User Feedback

Thanks for your feedback! I disliked the way everybody does grids, and hope this allows players to find a 'natural' way to grow their cities while keeping cities effective and nice looking, and maybe unique.

Share this comment

Never placing parks = Waste of Sims... They are essencials! Your mod have just destroyed an entire category of buildings in Simcity.

Share this comment

Five stars, been waiting for this one for awhile!! Thank you.

Can you maybe post a more clear description of how the spacing works? I know that obviously putting down a small density street next to an avenue will create enough room for one large building. It gets a little murky when you go to place med/high roads near avenues/streetcars or avenues near avenues...

Share this comment

I fantastic effective mod, it runs so fine in each of my cities...Thanks so much migaminc,

I've added a feedback into the main post...  ;)

Cheers

Liz

Share this comment

Please make it possible to place 2 back to back LD on a curved road. Maybe you can make it just wider the curved mode tool's guides. It's really eyesore and inorganic to see those spaces between lots and it's impossible to fit them if you use curved roads. I hate grids...

Share this comment

Oh well, i didn't try it with 2 back to back HD on curved roads. Is it working that way? I just request a bit widening to fit 2 back to back buildings of all densities between curved roads. Thanks for your response. :)

Share this comment

I'm really sorry, but I'm having a hard time understanding what this means. Could you please clarify? I get that "low street 1st guide (1HD) 2nd guide (2HD)" means "First guide is one HD building wide and the second guide is two HD buildings wide." I even understand about the high density street are megatowers. I don't understand what 3HD, 4HD, and 6HD means.

Share this comment

thanks for this great mod.. but.. 

Which files should I download? because there are 2 files when I want to download.
Can anyone could make a video tutorial? :D
I still don't understand how to use this mod. :(

sorry for my bad english :(
Eldaner likes this

Share this comment

I did not try to download it after update 1.1 - i will have a look. I think the zip file changed from '0 my guides' to 'my guides'. There is a discussion where you can ask questions or maybe find the answer you look for!

Edit: Uploaded both versions with better naming

ejhakuncir likes this

Share this comment

I did not try to download it after update 1.1 - i will have a look. I think the zip file changed from '0 my guides' to 'my guides'. There is a discussion where you can ask questions or maybe find the answer you look for!

Edit: Uploaded both versions with better naming

Share this comment

I'm new to this game. How exactly do you use this? Does the template show up on every city? @_@

Share this comment

Thanks for the mod, very useful.

I'd love to have the avenue 1st guide spaced to (2HD) or (3HD) instead of  (1HD) because usually we don't put avenues so close each other.

Share this comment

some instructions for new poeple using mods where do i find this template after dropping it in my game data folder?

agree. i dropped it in folder. start a game and what? I don't see changes in my city and don't see any other cityes in list.

what I need to do?

Share this comment

Play the game ;) It is only a mod of the guides that appear ingame. It helps you building your city :)

Share this comment