Real Population 1.1

(4.42)    (26 Reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

This mod replaces the "Fudged population" and instead puts the real one.  Many people have made this mod but it seems they haven't uploaded it here so I'm uploading it here.  As you can see in the examples. A city of 120,000, the real population is only 18,000.  See the diffrence

credits

• Various redditors for discovering that the population was fudged and explaining how to make it.
  • Oppie for his SimcityPak
  • And of course Maxis for its wonderful game

Note: MOD DOES NOT WORK WITH THE GLOBAL MARKET MOD

What's New in Version 1.1   View Changelog

Released

• - Added support for Update 10

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This is a great mod, but I would only use this for focusing on the whole region. Then again, I usually go all-out and build an entire region with commuting cities and such. :-)

Share this comment

Does not work for me, the population does not change

it doesn't seem to work if you have the Global Market mod by schaefjw 

bty: great mod. It doesn't show any change in the extended data rollover mod when looking at jobs/pop for the RCI so i am not sure if that mod is reflecting real numbers per building or not.

Share this comment

bty: great mod. It doesn't show any change in the extended data rollover mod when looking at jobs/pop for the RCI so i am not sure if that mod is reflecting real numbers per building or not.

You may have not noticed if you look at the population detail, you'll see a huge gap between the real sims and "fudged sims" This mod seems to go well with extended rollover mod

Share this comment

You may have not noticed if you look at the population detail, you'll see a huge gap between the real sims and "fudged sims" This mod seems to go well with extended rollover mod

ya that was what i was thinking that that the rollover mod is reflecting real numbers.... ty

Share this comment

This mod isnt going to work with the GlobalMarket Mod because they both modify the same resource key in the simCity_Game package. This mean if you have both mods in your game, one is likely blowing away the other.

Also, FWIW, that population algorithm exists in more places then what this mod changes, so you may or may not see inconsistent population numbers in the game. This algorithm also exists in the prop files, in c++ and on the server so its changing the population values is not as straight forward as it seems. :(

Share this comment

This mod isnt going to work with the GlobalMarket Mod because they both modify the same resource key in the simCity_Game package. This mean if you have both mods in your game, one is likely blowing away the other.

Also, FWIW, that population algorithm exists in more places then what this mod changes, so you may or may not see inconsistent population numbers in the game. This algorithm also exists in the prop files, in c++ and on the server so its changing the population values is not as straight forward as it seems. :(

Yeah I see that there's the fudged pop in the region view of sims in the city (btw I still don't get why people want a mod which makes your city look even smaller)

Share this comment

@Zombie12: Its more about Data accuracy. the biggest issue with the game is its over glorified for the visuals and lacks massive details about the actual in game data and simulation.to to mention the lack of control on most buildings. (IE, tax should be for land tax only. Transportation is never free, etc lol)

What this mod does, yes makes your city seem smaller by population but thats what it is. It makes it allot easier to adjust your zoning based on the actual value increases of each building and so on.

What i am curious about however if this mod is affecting the actual simulation or just a population overlay as it seems that when i go to friends cities who has the mod installed i see the higher fuged pop because i have the mod disabled but from his perspective all the cities in the region and the region itself have the accurate population from the mod showing.

Share this comment

@Zombie12: Its more about Data accuracy. the biggest issue with the game is its over glorified for the visuals and lacks massive details about the actual in game data and simulation.to to mention the lack of control on most buildings. (IE, tax should be for land tax only. Transportation is never free, etc lol)

What this mod does, yes makes your city seem smaller by population but thats what it is. It makes it allot easier to adjust your zoning based on the actual value increases of each building and so on.

What i am curious about however if this mod is affecting the actual simulation or just a population overlay as it seems that when i go to friends cities who has the mod installed i see the higher fuged pop because i have the mod disabled but from his perspective all the cities in the region and the region itself have the accurate population from the mod showing.

It's just the population data overlay

Share this comment

Won't this mod make the game quite difficult though? You'd only be able to get 1 or maybe 2 city hall upgrades at best.

It wont make the game hard, it's just a visual mod.  The only reason why didn't remove the fudged population from the rest of the places is that it would be a VERY long time to remove it 

Share this comment

just FYI, now that update 10 is out you will need to update this mod to use the latest version of simcityglobalui.js in order to be compatible. Running the mod now will cause issues on offline mode. 

Share this comment

just FYI, now that update 10 is out you will need to update this mod to use the latest version of simcityglobalui.js in order to be compatible. Running the mod now will cause issues on offline

Thanks, I'll be working on this right now

Share this comment

Seems to make the game crash after update 10. Any chance of a fix?

This mod and Global Market mod seem to be not working, I'm working on it

Share this comment

Hey, why don't you give credit where credit is due. You didn't make this mod, you even admitted it so put the creator in the description.

Share this comment

Hey, why don't you give credit where credit is due. You didn't make this mod, you even admitted it so put the creator in the description.

Just gave the credits

Share this comment