RUM for RRW 4.0

(4.91)    (57 Reviews)

4 Screenshots

About This File

NAM v32 has added a new approach to rail - Real Railway - which is expected to continue to evolve. RRW looks great, is quite complete, is usable and easy to convert to. This mod adds a few extras to the NAM set and offers preliminary support for things that can be expected to change over time.

Included are 10 NAM Viaduct skins, re-rendered Rail Tunnels and Crossings for all of my Streets as well as my first take on the Maxis railway crossings, NAM FLUPS and a partially complete T21 set for the plundere catenaries.

The mod is packaged so that it is put into plugins exactly as it is in the zip (i.e.. Plugins/Z___RVT Modds/RVT zRUM for RRW) and you delete that which you do not use. Please refer to the readme.txt file included for more details.

NOTE: If you have previously installed the Rail Upgrade Mod but now use NAM RRW then the RUM should be completely uninstalled - these files takes its place. The Original RUM is not compatible with RRW which is a completely different rail set.

This mod will not work with any version of NAM prior to NAMv32. RRW must be activated. 

rivit Feb 2014.

Version 4 is an interim release adding new features and fixes identified since 2014.

rivit May 2016 

What's New in Version 4.0   View Changelog

Released

• v3 was not Published
  • v4 Fixes and Additions while waiting for NAM v35 RRW
  • More crossings now covered.
  • Diagonal Rail BridgeTextures fixed.
  • Textures and Path fixes for a number of bridges.
  • Catenaries included - you still need to get Plundere' s Essentials for them to work 
  • Quite some Lot Support (although still WIP)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm hoping that some one can help me. the new viaduct skins and the road crossings work fine, but i just can't get the catenary's to work! I have the originals from plundere, but i keep getting brown boxes! Also tried installing the faded catenary's but i still get the brown boxes...

Share this comment

I'm hoping that some one can help me. the new viaduct skins and the road crossings work fine, but i just can't get the catenary's to work! I have the originals from plundere, but i keep getting brown boxes! Also tried installing the faded catenary's but i still get the brown boxes...

I couldn't get them to work, either, until I installed plundere's Catenary Essentials and Rail Catenary Mod V3.  So perhaps they're just missing from the dependency list.  Rivit's Faded Catenary also seems to work as well.

Share this comment

I couldn't get them to work, either, until I installed plundere's Catenary Essentials and Rail Catenary Mod V3.  So perhaps they're just missing from the dependency list.  Rivit's Faded Catenary also seems to work as well.

You made me realise i completely missed the obvious: the Catenary Essentials! works fine now. thanks!

Share this comment

Why are rail under rail bridge has maxis rail texture? I have real railway textures on some bridges from this, but some has maxis textures and it is ugly :X

What do i do for correct function?

Thanks, JP

(open image in new tab, i dont know why doesnt show)

6tto1p3of

Share this comment

@m291 - I haven't done the catenary T21s for dragged STR (yet) - the catenaries do work on the Wide Radius curves

@jpdepress - the rail texture is baked into most bridges - they will need to be hand-edited or re-rendered. Under viaducts only the dual diagonal rail is unchanged - it is not supported in RRW -the rest should work.

Share this comment

@cp702 - I am not aware of any MAXIS tiles missing - OWR crossings are bugged in the .exe; there are NAM extensions missing e.g. NWM, RHW and SAM. The last have been made but not released. About half of the catenary tiles are missing but the likely most common are there. Dragged STR catenaries are not done. As always, if you can show something is missing in-game (that is was before and not after adding the mod) send me a message and picture on my support forum. Also read the RRW manual as there are differences between MAXIS + NAM and RRW rail beyond the obvious e.g. adjacent diagonal rails, and it is also incomplete - evolving.

Share this comment

I had just decided to uninstall the RRW because of the ugly base textures, so very glad to see that this fixes it!

Share this comment

I now have NAM 35 with RRW activated. Does your May-2-2016 version work well with it, or should I wait for a NAM35 revision?

Share this comment