• Moose

Moving Trucks - Variety Set 1.0

(4.79)    (42 Reviews)

4 Screenshots

About This File

Welcome your new residents with a roomy, reliable moving truck!

Features
- Truck designs include: U-Haul, Budget and Penske
- 512x256 texture resolution
- Uses existing models, only replaces texture channels

Instructions
- Install by copying the .package files into your ...\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityData\ folder
- Choose U-Haul, Budget or Penske as your city's new moving company
- DO NOT install more than one file, this may crash your game
- You may rename the Mod Files, but make sure they come before "SimCity_App" alphabetically

Warning
- Modifying files is still experimental and might lead to city rollbacks
- There is no official statement from Maxis nor EA about using mods, so use at your own risk
- For more information on EA mod policy: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9729407.page

Related Vehicle Mods

This is a simple retexture mod for the default SimCity Moving Trucks. I found the existing moving truck textures quite boring when they flock to your city after zoning new residential areas. This mod serves to give the trucks a more realistic, familiar feel. If you notice any problems, please report them in the comments and I will look at the issues as soon as possible. Be looking for more mods like this very soon! Thanks for your support. Happy modding :)

Parker

Special thanks to Oppie, creator of SimCityPak: http://simcitypak.codeplex.com/

1 person likes this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

SCMT

Share this review

Link to review
MrSilver2510

Share this review

Link to review
auddua

Share this review

Link to review
The Nickferd

Share this review

Link to review
aslansa

Share this review

Link to review
WTEC-R

Share this review

Link to review
BritBoi82

Share this review

Link to review
zebro

Share this review

Link to review
Sampsukka

Share this review

Link to review
JukEboX

Share this review

Link to review
rsakers

Share this review

Link to review
geystop123

Share this review

Link to review
TrapperFrank

Share this review

Link to review
Seed

Share this review

Link to review
Jack_wilds

Share this review

Link to review
ejhakuncir

Share this review

Link to review
OreoToast

Share this review

Link to review
csmith0214

Share this review

Link to review
blackycat84

Share this review

Link to review
Nameless_Creep

Share this review

Link to review
Bazkur

Share this review

Link to review
SimRico

Share this review

Link to review
Lot Creator

Share this review

Link to review
Ceafus 88

Share this review

Link to review
Hamish

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

02/21/2017

Looking for your help! We have a real and urgent need for your donations for this month as of this writing we're almost half way to our monthly target!  Please help us with any donation you can make! Lately, we've been feeling a big pinch with a slump in donations, and we're hoping to drive that up so we can continue to keep the site running. In return for your donation, we're offering several STEX Collection Discs which you can learn more about here, if you wish to receive one. We would really appreciate your support by way of a donation of any amount in order to keep the site up and running. Of course, as always, we'll send you a gift with a minimum donation as a Thank You. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me!  Donate Any Amount Here To Receive a STEX Disc(s) Donate a Specific Amount Here Sincerely; Dirktator & The Admins PS. Thank you to those who have stepped up and donated -- we really appreciate it!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By dreesedatalink
      I am not having any luck with searching the forum for this so i'm just going to ask.  
      1.  does anyone know of a decent school bus prop? 
      (other than this one http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=655927209 )
      2.  if not, how hard would it be to turn an existing vehicle into a prop version? 
      like this one http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=483867475
      if someone has posted a how to or walkthrough on conversion i should at least be able to get a local copy for use.  i wouldnt post to the workshop with out original uploaders thumbs up.
      Thanks!

• By pauliaxz
      Yesterday I was importing my Volvo police car with new skin, in same way as I always did for all my cars (with --noWorkshop), but this time I ran into problems.
      There is nothing shown in Asset import view, even default cars are not shown! And it happens only if I choose to import as Vehicle, everything works fine if I choose importing as Building. You can see that in the pictures. Also there is a custom fbx left of my Mercedes-Benz German taxi, as some of you may know, it is already released some time ago and works fine, but currently it also does not show up in Asset Editor preview window.
      Empty preview window, import is chosen as Vehicle (default is a sedan car):

Everything is fine here when import is chosen as Building (default is apolice station). MB also works fine.

I did all the imports with --noWorkshop and there were no custom Assets nor Mods enabled (from AppData folder)
      Any help?

• By Acc3ssViolation

Vehicle Effects is a mod I've been working on that allows some more effects to be added to vehicles via xml files, while also adding a couple of custom effects. This way we can have steam trains that have steam, propeller planes that don't sound like jets and probably many more things that look and sound like they should. Some features are still being added, but the mod can be found here!
      Current features
      Editor for creating definition files in the Asset Editor. Allows new effects to be added to vehicles. Allows replacement and removal of existing effects on a vehicle. 'wrapper' effect used to position other effects. 3 new engine sound effects, one steam, one diesel, one wheel noise. 1 new particle effect for steam exhausts on trains and boats. 1 new particle effect for diesel engine exhausts. 1 new small spot light effect with daytime visibility. MultiEffects via config to create alternating/timed effects. Propeller sound effect for planes. Planned features
      Update editor to support custom MultiEffects. Add better location preview for wrapped effects in editor. Video
      Video showing some particle, sound and light effects.
      Links

Workshop page
      GitHub page

If anyone has ideas, suggestions or problems concerning this mod, please leave a comment below!
    • By leon31
      Since the new Update the Asset Editor isn't working properly anymore.
      When I want to import a Vehicle it isnt shown in the preview and when imported it isnt shown either, the screen is just blue. But when zoomed out to a certain level the grass shows again, but not the vehicle.
      I'm sure it hasn't got anything to do with the asset since its a template.
      I also tried disabling all my mods but that didn't change anything.
      HERES WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE
      Has anyone got a clue why this could be and how to fix it?
    • By leon31
      Today i tried to dump the textures of this vehicle in the asset editor with the scene explorer of Mod Toolsbut it doest dump it and instead gives me the error message below.
      Has anyone got an idea why this could be? 
      thanks.

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• WAY too expensive.  Otherwise great.  
    • I'm finally getting back to this lot, and now starting to make at least 3 different variations taking from ideas presented here.  Not sure if the lot can be made 2x2 and still work as the same growable,  but if there's a tweak I need to make, please let me know as I would like to add some ground area to the lot. I don't have an SC4Desc file for it, but I'm now re-lotting this re-lot, so yes, some parking and a gas station added will go into 1 of a few new variations, Thanks for the input.   It will be a 2x2, if I can get 2x2 working the same as a growable.  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks to the more advanced content creators above for suggestions.   Whatever I come up with, as mentioned, I have to keep in mind how often this lot shows up and find a way to make that repetitiveness look good in-game --It does work as a blvd with the overdose of big trees, but that's all so far.
    • uggh, i'm confused. I installed this because I want a bus stop on road but I can't find the tile on the menu bar. Does it appear in form of ploppable "bus stop" (but can be done in top of road) or "road tiles with bus stop"?
    •       Looks very nice , but like said above "I don't rate content by pictures " and I too will get back after I get it in game . You have been giving us quality stuff and I thank you for your dedication to bring us new content . Keep up the good work .         I just noticed Trixie emoticons , it must be that time of year again .