• Moose

The Unisphere

(4.68)    (38 Reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

The Unisphere in Flushing Meadows - Corona Park is probably one of the more underrated landmarks in New York City. Since it's essentially a huge fountain, it looks great in any city park area, and as it was built for the World's Fair, it also fits in quite well with the modern Cities of Tomorrow aesthetic.

In-game, this landmark replaces St. Basil's Cathedral (for the sole reason that it was the only building that had an appropriately-sized base lot), complete with new icon, preview image and text.

Fizzl3 and Toe Redfiled like this

User Feedback

Why is New Zealand missing from this globe?

Haha, I knew someone was going to bring that up; the reason why New Zealand is missing is that I tried to keep the amount of polygons as low as possible. The geography is lacking in a few more places but I had to balance out the complexity versus its accuracy.

elavery and 80sreject like this

Share this comment

As a New Yorker, I completely agree, always loved being out in Queens and seeing 'The Globe' as we call it here. Definitely underrated, thanks for making it. Good to see some love for us in the outer boroughs (I'm a Brooklynite). Keep up the good work.

Share this comment

[quote name="oppie" timestamp="1388343930"][quote name="elavery" timestamp="1388343555"] Why is New Zealand missing from this globe? [/quote] Haha, I knew someone was going to bring that up; the reason why New Zealand is missing is that I tried to keep the amount of polygons as low as possible. The geography is lacking in a few more places but I had to balance out the complexity versus its accuracy.[/quote] We are not just a bunch of polygons that you can just forget about! Kidding. Another great advancement in SC13 modding. Such an interesting and complex structure.
smalljude likes this

Share this comment

Supernice oppie :D Love it :) 

Have you heard more from Maxis about opening up more for mods? 

Hope they soon open the game for more mods :)

Share this comment

Why is New Zealand missing from this globe?

Haha, I knew someone was going to bring that up; the reason why New Zealand is missing is that I tried to keep the amount of polygons as low as possible. The geography is lacking in a few more places but I had to balance out the complexity versus its accuracy.

I was totally thinking that too!

Share this comment

Very nice!  Oppie, do you think it will be possible to create new buildings instead of replacing existing ones when sc2013 adds offline mode?

Share this comment

does anyone know where to place this file as its a rar file and I don't know

You don't put the .rar file into the folder. What you do is open up the .rar file and it should come up with an archive which contains a readme file and the Unisphere .package file. Leave that open for now, and then open the SimCityData folder which should be in your root SimCity folder which should be in your Program Files or wherever you installed SimCity. Have both the SimCIty data folder open and the .rar, and drag and drop the Unisphere .package into the SimCityData folder, where there should be lots of other default .package files. Hope this helps, just reply if you need further help.

Share this comment

Good stuff here... Spent many nights in my youth chilling on top of the black base that holds it up.. There is RARELY ever any water in the fountain though.. Always annoyed by that.

Share this comment