• Moose

3D MODEL - Bank Of Canada Toronto 1.0

(4.67)    (12 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

THIS IS A 3D MODEL. DOWNLOADING THIS FILE WILL NOT MAKE BUILDING APPEAR IN SimCity. FOR 3DSMAX USERS ONLY.

icon_zpsb55ae5b5.jpg

Bank Of Canada - Toronto

This is a 100% fictional building I created summer 2013 as an experiment in using different techniques on creating glass (as a quick tutorial for members in chat). The Simtropolis chat community loved it so much they asked for it to be exported in the game. Unfortunately I have no intention of exporting this building. With the cleaning of my computer, this is better uploaded to the Simtropolis community.

This scene has a real good taste of how I actually create my glass for my exported buildings! Download at your own risk.

STATS:
Poly count: 1,685,955 (high, mainly due to tree foliage)
Dependencies Included: Y
Created in: 3dsmax 2012 x64
Compatibility: Unknown
Lighting Rigs: Let There Be Light (2012) by Simfox
File size (decompressed): 84.5 MB in 4 files
File Extension: ".max"
Permission to re-upload: Y (but with credit)
Author's note(s): I made this really quick during chat on ST, so it wasn't as clean as I usually intend by buildings to be. In other words, don't mind the mess! haha

baend_zps48c3b4e1.jpg

Visit the "Skyscrapers Galore! ^_^" thread under "Bat - Open Discussion" for more projects!

, Kellydale2003

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Ferrt

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Delecto

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Telomeras

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By kellydale2003
      An amazing Opera house located in Paris, France!
      Originally modelled by JENXPARIS and remastered by myself.
      8x10 lot with Landmark and University - darknite only. No dependencies!
      Will upload the rewards opera version differently.
      Enjoy!

• By kellydale2003
      Darknight only. No dependencies!
      Enjoy!

• By AmiPolizeiFunk
      Hi Simtropolians,

I'm building my home town, Berlin, with the help of your many mods and assets (I am using 70+ mods and 600+ assets). I started playing Cities:Skylines about 2 months ago and I'm enthused by the activity happening here and in the Steam Workshop. Thank you guys! 

I'm endeavoring to add some of my own custom assets to the Workshop, but I'm new to the entire process. I'm good at photoshop, but I suck at Blender! I booted blender for the first time last week, so I'm at the rough end of a steep learning curve. You guys have been very helpful to get me over a few stumbling points. Now I'm getting ready to publish a couple of items and I'd like to run them by you first. I'm trying to start simple, but even simple objectives seem to morph into week-long efforts. Please let me know how my work can be improved.

I've got a Checkpoint Charlie cooking (check my screenshot stream on steam or on twitter, if you're interested), but let's start with the Rosinenbomber from the Deutsches Technikmuseum:

I found a DC-3 model by Giovanni E and lifted it to the top of the stock library with some prop anarchy:

I was happy to find a DC-3, but the model has some texture problems (the illumination map is always fully on) because it's an old model and was probably made before After Dark. In wanting to fix the lighting problem, I wound up re-texturing the entire model to specifically be the famous Berlin C-47 "Rosinenbomber," as well as adding some propellers.

It's starting to look decent in-game, but I still have some shadowing issues that I'm working on around the windows.

I'd like to improve the body texture so that it looks more silvery and less white in the sun (I'm using PhotoReal3 LUT and Daylight Classic mods).

Here are my current diffuse and spec maps:

How would I go about improving the look of the body surface? I'd like it to be more shiny and silvery.

My next question is, what is a good approach to make the LOD model?

Thx for looking & thx in advance for your suggestions.
      -Ami
    • By MarkShot
      I am currently living in Taipei, Taiwan.
      I was driving around yesterday thinking about this place doesn't look like anyplace else ... meaning even in a flexible game it might not be easy to capture the feel of Taipei:
      (1)  The lanes don't line up across intersections (and some cases the streets as well).
      (2)  I learn from SC4 and CS that roundabouts (not common in the USA) are to keep traffic moving.  There are many in Taiwan except that they all have traffic lights which seems to defeat the whole purpose.
      (3a)  Multizoning.  Like LD/MD residential with LD shops on 1F and 2F.
      (3b)  Multizoning.  Little farm patches simply stuck here and there.  (I suppose a ploppable vegetable path would cover this.)
      (3c)  Multizoning (underground).  Huge underground shopping complexes at major subway junctions.
      (4)  Roads within city limits which wind up mountains with slope and turn sharpness hard to reproduce in a game.
      (5)  Motorcycles everwhere (yes, on side walks)
      (6)  Tons of two way short residential blocks not wide enough for two ways; not gridded; often deadend
      (7)  Large amount of vacant real estate not abandoned (Chinese invest in real estate like in The West people invest in financial markets)
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments