• Moose

Bus Shelter

(4.88)    (25 Reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

This mod replaces the default bus stop (which sticks out like a sore thumb if you ask me) with a custom bus shelter. This mod is exciting in that it's the first custom building model released for SimCity 2013 and is the result of a few months of research and many attempts at coming up with a way to get all of the relevant building data into the game.

NOTES:

• I've tried putting in transparent glass in the shelter, but this proved to be surprisingly difficult to do technically.
  • The 'bounding box' of the model is slightly of

I'm expecting to make improvements to my process as I make more models and at some point I hope that I can make it simple enough to release for everyone - for the time being creating any building model requires a very strict amount of preparations to make sure that SimCityPak imports the model correctly. This means that I can't yet make a simple tutorial on how to create buildings, but hopefully after some more research this will eventually be possible.

Toe Redfiled likes this

User Feedback

Holy crap, does this mod ever make me happy! This proves to be a proof-of-concept for implementing custom models into the game. If you ever need me to make any models for SC2013, or require me to adapt current SC4 models to SC2013 standards, let me know. I'd be thrilled to help!

Share this comment

Holy crap, does this mod ever make me happy! This proves to be a proof-of-concept for implementing custom models into the game. If you ever need me to make any models for SC2013, or require me to adapt current SC4 models to SC2013 standards, let me know. I'd be thrilled to help!

Thanks! We're still miles away from being able to easily import building models into the game, but I'm working on it. I'll let you know when to start modeling ;)

NickyZero, Bipin, Benja_Pink and 1 other like this

Share this comment

Thanks! We're still miles away from being able to easily import building models into the game, but I'm working on it. I'll let you know when to start modeling ;)

Does SC2013 utilize normal/bump/displacement maps? If you ever require some MSE walls such as these...

Ramp%20A%20MSE%20Wall.JPG

...then don't hesitate to ask, for I've created a few 3dsMax maps that express this texture which are quite malleable and easy to work.

NickyZero likes this

Share this comment

This is awesome Bipin :D Thanks in asvanced :) Looking forward to more new stuff for SimCity :D 

Bipin and Monster's Cat like this

Share this comment

The original bus stops were meant to stick out like a "sore thumb". It's so that players could easily still distinguish it even from afar. Same goes for the overall artstyle of the game.

Could've gone with a solid roof instead of trying to shoot for a transparent one.

Still good and fresh attempt.

Share this comment