• Moose

Highway Re-Styling Mod v0.4 - US and Euro 0.4

(4.83)    (24 Reviews)

6 Screenshots

About This File

Highway Re-Styling Mod (HRS) version 0.4 - US and Euro Textures

What is the HRS?

The HRS will remodel your Maxis Highways, removing the concrete barriers in the middle and on the outside of the highways. The models included in v0.4 were made by Mandelsoft, who made the previous version of the mod.

It will also change the texture to match the current Real Highway Mod textures.

What's included in the download?

There are files available for download. The zz_HRS_America file will restyle your Maxis Highways to match American textures, and the zz_HRS_Euro file will restyle your Maxis Highways to match European textures.

How do I install this mod?

To install this mod, unzip the downloaded file (either the America version or the Euro version), and copy the folder to Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins

IMPORTANT: Ensure the included .dat file is INSIDE a folder in your Plugins, for example the path might be Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins/zz_HRS/zz_HRS_*version*.dat .

If you have the NETWORK ADDON MOD v31 or higher...

You may need to place the included folder into your z___NAM folder in order for the mod to function correctly.

I have an issue/question/request!

Please post in the Development and Support thread.

Dependencies

None!

Recommended Mods:

Network Addon Mod, available here.

Incompatible Mods:

This mod is incompatible with any other mod which alters the textures/models of the Maxis Highways, for example Project Symphony included in the Network Addon Mod, or any other Maxis Highway retexture mod, including the previous versions of the HRS.

Expect updates in the future, remember the mod is not yet at version 1.0.

Thanks, Sam.

What's New in Version 0.4

Released

• v0.4 - Updated textures to match current RHW networks, both Euro and US.

User Feedback

I love what you're doing here.  I've always preferred the plop 'n' go nature of Maxis highways despite their high cost in cosmetic realism.  This mod goes a long way towards reducing that compromise.  Are there plans to improve the appearance of elevated highways as well? Thanks for keeping these underrated networks alive!

Share this comment

Looks great, but can you add more close up pictures? I want to know if its worth getting. :)

I've uploaded a closeup screenshot of the Euro version. The American version uses the same models but with US textures :)

Share this comment

Will this work with NAM 30? :P (I still haven't updated D:)

Yup, it certainly should do :)

You should do concrete as well

Hopefully in the future I'll get some alternate texture sets out there. If you're wanting to use existing texture sets such as the Maxis Default, it should be okay, however the hard shoulders might be a strange colour. If this is the case, I'll upload another file containing a modified Maxis base texture.

Share this comment

Well, it was an interesting try.  Unfortunately, it gave a very choppy look from further out, particularly the elevated highways.  Switched back to the Maxis standard grey.

Share this comment

Well, it was an interesting try.  Unfortunately, it gave a very choppy look from further out, particularly the elevated highways.  Switched back to the Maxis standard grey.

Sorry to hear this, if possible could you post a screenshot to the Development and Support thread and I'll see if I can get anything changed within the mod itself.

Share this comment

Well, a few things:

1.  Those are the European textures; I'm using the US set.

2.  That's still a pretty close-in view; I noted that the choppiness is apparent from further out (the two furthest magnifications, to be specific).

3.  That's a flat, straight highway; mine have curves and grades.

I'm a bit loathe to reinstall the mod just to produce screenshots, but I'll see what I can do.

Share this comment

@JessiLaurn - I do know what you mean about the choppiness - it's because the white stripes are a bit more intense on this Highway texture than they are on the standard Maxis textures so they get a bit "pixelly" as higher zoom levels ... but it doesn't, to me at least, seem any different to the NAM textures in that respect. If you've got the NAM installed you don't really notice it overly much... and I'd prefer a little choppiness to having that unpleasant black/grey shift you get when transitioning from an Avenue or RHW to Maxis Highway.

I just wanted to put up a screeny of this highway mod in situ, especially with the RHW transition as that's where the improvement is probably best highlighted ;)

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/30/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By rsc204
      Contents

This package contains texture overrides which will add Moonlight's Super Light Asphalt sidewalks to Tram in Street and a Rural GLR set compatible with Magneto's Super Light Asphalt Mod. This mod is designed to be used as an AddOn for Magneto's Super Light Asphalt Mod:
      Although you can use this mod as a stand-alone mod also if you prefer.

The included textures are all Euro versions, both LHD/RHD options can be selected from.
      Load Order

To ensure these files load after the NAM, please ensure you copy the dat files in the zip file into the same folder as Magneto's Super Light Asphalt Mod. For stand alone users, please check the readme for further instructions. Also note it will need to load after any mod that changes the textures of Tram in Streets. Choose only the LHD or RHD file where both exist, and again refer to the readme for more specific instructions.
      Dependencies

NONE

Notes:

Just a quick thank you to Magneto for his work on bringing the Super Light Asphalt mod to so much of the NAM.
      If you are still stuck or have any comments, feel free to comment in my shack on Simtropolis here:
    • By Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
      SimCity 4 is a really fun game (funniest in the whole series in my opinion) BUT there's just one thing that kinda gets to me. I don't really like how the whole map is a grid and all the cities have to be shaped as squares. I have a whole regions that's supposed to be a country, but I want to draw state-lines/borders around it from the city view (blame my OCD for caring so much about that) 
      I'm just curious, does anyone have a method of doing this?
      What i'm planning on doing is using the sign/label tool and adding a bunch of dashes: '-' around to make it look like a state line, but does anyone think there's a better way of doing this? 
    • By 958517907
      This T21 mod add seasonal trees to the median of AVE-4 avenues (the normal avenues), regardless of their wealth.
      As it's seasonal, it will be more according to seasonal changes, so it's very beautiful.
      Instructions:
      Please put the dat in your \Documents\Sim City 4\Plugins\ folder

Dependencies:
      BSC MEGA Props CP Vol01
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180
      CP Prop Pack 2009a
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2135
      PORKIE PROPS VOL2
      http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/11420-porkie-props-vol2-seasonal-street-trees/
    • By 958517907
      This T21 mod add seasonal trees to the median of AVE-2 roads, regardless of their wealth.
      As is seasonal, it will be more according to seasonal changes, so it's very beautiful.
      Instructions:
      Please put the dat in your \Documents\Sim City 4\Plugins\Network Addon Mod\Network Widening Mod\ folder
      Aknowlegdements:
      thank jackxu.
      I'm Chinese, so my English is not good. Forgive me

Dependencies:

CP Prop Pack 2009a
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2135
      PORKIE PROPS VOL1
      Network Addon Mod, needed to have AVE-2 roads

enjoy!
    • By motorstorm
      I subscribed to the find it! mod shortly after release, and for a while it worked fine. However, in the last few days of playing the search box no longer appears in my game, just the list of all assets, props, etc. (Same as it would if you selected the "all" tab, none of which no longer appear either) I thought that maybe a mod was causing it, so I deactivated all my mods and reactivated them 20 at a time, while testing on a new city. Problem is, even with all my mods and assets enabled, the mod works fine on a new city, but not on my current city. I've tried looking for answers, but can't seem to find any reason why the mod won't work on my particular city. Does anyone know or have any ideas as to what might be causing this. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Nice idea. Should anyone have preferences or favourite buildings they recall, it would certainly help narrow down the total. Especially with the filter list on the Wayback, the accompanying preview images are there at least to give some visual indication for anyone searching. If there really are 10,000 buildings, I suppose it's not even worth uploading 10% of them given the likely inconsistencies with quality.
    • It may be worth setting up some kind of "I would like ..." topic .... people can go thru the old exchange and point out to Cori the ones that should be retrieved ... it should end up a more manageable list
    • That could be arranged. But since these are legacy files, I don't think it matters too much either way since credit would be given. If Cori would like to continue uploading these (as intended following Dirk's approval), it may be nice for her to receive the occasional Rep as a by-product reward for retrieving, packaging and uploading them here. With hundreds if not thousands of them, it'd require a mammoth effort after all. (Should the quality of content resemble anything to the old SC4 EA exchange, I'm guessing it's not worth restoring all of them.)
    • Very nice, too bad the Grass Textures dont match my Terrain Mod
    • The appropriate words escape me - this is freaking brilliant!!! You've done some great stuff over the years Rivit (particularly from an Australian bias), but this tool is, well, exemplary. I've been away for some years and have missed a lot, but this one has been a significant highlight as I try to wrangle my old plugin folder into line (which, prior to running this, I thought was in pretty good shape...)