2 Screenshots

About This File

DAMN-NAM

DAMN is short for Daeley's Advanced Menu Navigator

This is a collection of menu's created from the NAM 31.2 installation.  This is version 1.0 and includes all NAM 31.2 E-Series controller items with the exception of the following Project Symphony, Canals, Maxis Highways and Hole Diggers (These can be added later if there is a strong demand for them).  

DAMN-NAM includes menus for the following categories, subcategories and all associated pieces:
  • Avenues
  • El-Rail
  • FLUPs (Flexible Underpasses)
  • GLR (Ground Light Rail)
  • HSR (High Speed Rail)
  • Monorail
  • NWM (Network Widening Mod)
  • One Way Roads
  • Pedestrian Mall
  • Rail
  • RHW (Real Highway)
  • Road
  • Street
  • TuLEPs (Turning Lane Extension Pieces)

The only dependency is Daeley's Advanced Menu Navigator or DAMN.  There are special instructions for installation for full compatibility with these menu's in the readme.txt file included.

**Please note that some of the menu entry's are not functional and will have a placeholder image.  To use entries that have placeholder images use another nearby entry and then tab to it from there.  This will most likely change in the future when a design change can be made in the NAM that will allow these menu's to be made compatible.

**Also if upgrading from an older version please replace your damncontrol.dat with the new file in the zip since it allows the root menu's to function.  If you don't do this the root menu's appear but are not clickable.

Upgrade instructions are now included in the readme.txt file.

Enjoy!

What's New in Version 1.0   See changelog

Released

• ## V1.0
  • All NAM items's are available with full images and descriptions. (This excludes Project Symphony, Hole Diggers, Maxis Highways and Canals)

User Feedback

Alex_1210

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Droric

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Fred Gossage

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Snagwell

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Telomeras

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Capt. Patrick

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
thetonyk123

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Quinto

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
jakedude435

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Jim14409

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
nirasa

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
pollyrabbit

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
apeek

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Raymond69

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Ranakhalid

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Afrizan

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
oyefor

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Metamorph

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
daybreak

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Doodleroo

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
rodrigues1970

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Lumeria

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
John Scaffold

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
iqbal19

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

• STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• Cori's First FLUP - With Pics
      By CorinaMarie
      So, those FLUPs in NAM really had me confuzzled for a while.
      I'm going to attempt a tutorial which I wish I could've found whilst I was having difficulties in learning this concept. I simply don't do well with videos as instructions and all the nicely written tutorials I found have long since lost their pictures. For all the peeps who already know these basic steps I'll ask if I'm over thinking this and how could this be improved. For peeps using NAM for the first time I hope this proves helpful. (I'm using way more pics than is prolly necessary cause I like seeing each actual step and the change which occurs.)
      Let's start with the thriving metropolis of First FLUP (Population: 5). It's simply a Road running East/West with a house on the west portion. A Street runs North/South intersecting the Road to the east of the house. At the north end of the Street is a farm.

Using the Route Query tool we see that 2 pedestrians walk to the farm and one freight truck goes south from the farm, turns west, and drives off the map at the Road's neighborhood connection.

What I'm going to do is for a proof of concept rather than a suggestion on city layout. First I bulldozed the Street connections both north and south of the East/West Road. (Bulldoze one tile on either side and leave the Road still fully intact.)

Next I select FLUP from the Transportation Tools / Build Roads menu and hover it over the Road where the intersection used to be. By default it is the Ramp for underground Road.

Now I tap the Tab key until it changes to Diagonal underground route under straight Road. This is a preliminary step to get to what I really want. (This part was not at all intuitive to me.)

Then use the End key until it changes to Straight underground route under straight Road. (It looks like a narrow dirt path running perpendicular to the Road.)

And here it is after plopping. (It now looks like a normal road with the same kind of sidewalks you get next to commercial zoning.)

Going back to the Transportation Tools I select FLUP again. (It's back to the Ramp for underground Road.) I position it one square north of the Road at the south end of the Street in the empty space.

Press Tab key until it changes to Street ramp connecting to underground road.

Press Home key once and it rotates to the proper orientation:

Now click to plop it and we see the Street going down a ramp which looks like it's going under the road.

With this particular FLUP still on the cursor I moved directly south of the Road in the space between the rest of the Street.

At this point I thought I could just use Home or End keys to rotate it into position, but NO, that didn't work. So, I moved south one more tile so it was on top of the Street and then it auto rotated.

Next I moved it back one tile north next to the Road.

And here it is after plopping:

To test that it would actually allow traffic thru, I then connected the east end of the Road with the south end of the Street forming a small square with them:

And using the Route Query tool we see 2 cars and 1 freight truck are now using the FLexible UnderPass.

Edit: Useful tip suggested by @Mandarin(a): Use Shift-Tab to cycle thru the items in reverse order. This is especially useful if you hit Tab too many times and want to go back to a previous option.
      Note: This is the ideal part of a community helping each other. I was aware of this, but it did not occur to me to include it when I was writing this guide.
      Edit 2: FLUPs can be use as underwater tunnel too. See Ro-Bo's: How to Build Underwater Tunnel Using Flexible Underpasses (FLUPs).

• Rural City Help!
      By treybles
      I am looking to diversify fields and buildings for some rural areas in my region. What are the mods that I should be looking for? Does the SPAM add extra fields or no? Any must have BAT packages I should look into? Any help would be mucho appreciated!
    • Mr_Maison's Creations [UPDATE 6/22/2016 RELEASE: Southern Live Oak]
      By Mr_Maison
      Hello everyone. This will be my custom content showcase and workshop thread. In all the years I been a member here, I never uploaded any content but enjoying great work by other members. I take this opportunity to say Thank You to all content makers for making our city building experience so enjoyable. I feel that making content is overdue for me and I want to give back to the community. I have some buildings and trees that I will be showing in upcoming updates to this thread. I will also be asking for advice and help.
      Current Release 6/22/2016: Southern Live Oak.  Steam Workshop http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=708892511

More info on last page of this thread.

Note: This post was edited 5/29/2015 to reserve this first post for all current updates.

• NAM confusion: curved roads and roundabouts
      By SimplyJenny
      I started playing SimCity when it first came out in... 1989/90? I think the last version I played was 3k. A couple of weeks ago I got Simcity 4. Woot! I'm loving it! I'm generally happy with vanilla but installed NAM for the improved traffic flow and better road layout options. 
      Someday I'll figure out how to make a  no-car mass-transit city, but right now I just want to figure out how to make roundabouts and cul de sacs!! I've been playing around with the kajillion road options NAM has provided but I'm stumped.
      Question, in precis: How do I make roundabouts and cul de sacs with NAM 34?
      TIA
      Jenny
    • Where can I find update 1.1.638.0 other than sc4devotion?
      By lildee321
      I am a longtime fan of SC4, however due to college I haven't been able to play in past year. I am so excited that I have time to pick up and rebuild old cities using the new feature of NAM 34 (I have 32 pre).
      In the process of me installing the new NAM, I a required to update my version of SC4 to 1.1.638.0 . Unfortunately, the link sends me to sc4devotion.com, which has been under construction for the past week. Is there any other place I can find the update so I can get back to enjoying SC4???
      I am dying to use the new RHW 4s Flex fly !!!!!
  • Newest Uploads