• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submitter

File Information

• Submitted: Aug 25, 2013 - 05:51 PM
  • Last Updated: Sep 22, 2013 - 03:00 PM
  • File Size: 6.26MB
  • Views: 19371
  • Downloads: 7,461
  • File Descriptor: Misc

Previous Versions

• 16 Sep 2013 Download DAMN-NAM .5
  • 28 Aug 2013 Download DAMN-NAM .4
  • 26 Aug 2013 Download DAMN-NAM .3

Download DAMN-NAM 1.0

* * * * * 27 Votes
damn nam mods beta menu

Screenshots
DAMN-NAM

DAMN is short for Daeley's Advanced Menu Navigator

This is a collection of menu's created from the NAM 31.2 installation.  This is version 1.0 and includes all NAM 31.2 E-Series controller items with the exception of the following Project Symphony, Canals, Maxis Highways and Hole Diggers (These can be added later if there is a strong demand for them).  

DAMN-NAM includes menus for the following categories, subcategories and all associated pieces:
  • Avenues
  • El-Rail
  • FLUPs (Flexible Underpasses)
  • GLR (Ground Light Rail)
  • HSR (High Speed Rail)
  • Monorail
  • NWM (Network Widening Mod)
  • One Way Roads
  • Pedestrian Mall
  • Rail
  • RHW (Real Highway)
  • Road
  • Street
  • TuLEPs (Turning Lane Extension Pieces)

The only dependency is Daeley's Advanced Menu Navigator or DAMN.  There are special instructions for installation for full compatibility with these menu's in the readme.txt file included.

**Please note that some of the menu entry's are not functional and will have a placeholder image.  To use entries that have placeholder images use another nearby entry and then tab to it from there.  This will most likely change in the future when a design change can be made in the NAM that will allow these menu's to be made compatible.

**Also if upgrading from an older version please replace your damncontrol.dat with the new file in the zip since it allows the root menu's to function.  If you don't do this the root menu's appear but are not clickable.

Upgrade instructions are now included in the readme.txt file.

Enjoy!

What's New in Version 1.0 (See full changelog)

• ## V1.0
  • All NAM items's are available with full images and descriptions. (This excludes Project Symphony, Hole Diggers, Maxis Highways and Canals)

Screenshots

Screenshots

Dat NAM.

Thanks for sharing.

Nice. I'm looking for instruction for building trams without crash the game. :D DAMN hehe.

this is an awesome idea.

Great idea !

I'm a bit lost?  Does this simply tell you what each piece does or does it actually let you select the piece and use it from this News feed?

I'm a bit lost?  Does this simply tell you what each piece does or does it actually let you select the piece and use it from this News feed?

This is an additional supplemental menu to the NAM using the DAMN system.  This does indeed let you select and use (most) every piece from the NAM including puzzle pieces, starters, flex pieces etc.  There are currently only fully completed names and images for the Avenue's menu, all other menu's are functional but no thumbnails or proper descriptions.

All I can say to this mod is "FINALLY"
the NAM system is great, but it really needed more menus so we dont have to toggle through the puzzle pieces one by friggin one. (Says the guy who keeps shortcuts catagorized in folders catorgorized in folders on his desktop)
I love this idea and I love that someone is actually making this finally. Even more so I love to see that SC 2013 hasin't slowed down the SC4 modders.
Keep up the great work!

Nice ^_^

That damn NAM and all of it's menus that had to be fixed by DAMN. :P

This will make the lives of everyone using NAM easier for sure, instead of having to scroll through the pieces all the time.

supr! :D

In your changelog it would be helpful if you would include what you haven't done yet ( but intend to). This would help us keep up with the status of the project, and also help some users determine if what you have is enough that they'd be willing to try it for you...

But good idea. I can't wait till it's FULLY functional for its purpose.

In your changelog it would be helpful if you would include what you haven't done yet ( but intend to). This would help us keep up with the status of the project, and also help some users determine if what you have is enough that they'd be willing to try it for you...

But good idea. I can't wait till it's FULLY functional for its purpose.

I have added an additional image from my development thread that includes a listing of what is completed.  The 100%'s are the only sections that are fully done.  Hope this helps for anyone who is potentially interested.  Keep in mind that all entries are in the DAMN-NAM menu system for every piece in the NAM currently but they may not have proper descriptions and images. Nevermind since the DAMN-NAM is now complete  :golly:

Very impressive... but I think assigning version 1.0 to this release is a little premature.  "All NAM items" technically includes Project Symphony, Hole Diggers, Maxis Highways and Canals.  However, the omissions pale in comparison to your initiative, perseverance, raw skill, and enthusiasm.  (4.5/5)

em qual pasta coloco?

Photo
city builder 123
Oct 22, 2013 - 04:42 PM

where can I get the nam download?

where can I get the nam download?

The easiest place to download the NAM would be http://sc4devotion.com/

Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks a lot for all the hard work, this is one extremely useful mod!

Any chance, you'd add one more menu for the canals? Otherwise it's pretty much perfect :-)

Thanks a lot for all the hard work, this is one extremely useful mod!

Any chance, you'd add one more menu for the canals? Otherwise it's pretty much perfect :-)

I plan on adding all pieces that may be missing in a later update that will align with a NAM update.

• 18,544 Total Files
  • 23 Total Categories
  • 2,589 Total Authors
  • 95,247,723 Total Downloads
  • DAMN Manager Latest File
  • yild Latest Submitter

180 user(s) are online ...

59 members, 116 guests, 0 anonymous users

Vickanza, Ldude893, shawtyhot, Panzerkind_, Google (3), cojrom, Facu_itxassa, Mr.FrodoBaggins, thut1545, Dafco56, Sebaz, MichAel_BrigS, MAXSAN, profreak2.0, Adsumus, Basilins, deltanet, miri.jp, rattlesnake1600, Facebook (2), jam, simvik, Sane, fuessey, InCommandOfCars, Zefunman, Totde, AloeVeraO, sabsab, JimERyan12151979, kotenwalker13, death of krhonos, AndreuX, Mack The Finger, xtom84x, holyzinho, planariakatsu, Loracerator, Pentium_hal9000, LolloLallo, BattleMonkey, raymond49, sportivay, davievancressov, kevin9448, dracrafon30, SimRus, FatalCheese, Maleak staley, GkarOGC, rav029, Blue Keiko, nikbrk, Manuel90, Gadogado, Samerton, saluet, NielsC007, Tobse, slazarov, nebuchadnezza