- Submitted: Jul 22, 2013 - 08:35 PM
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 11:34 AM
- File Size: 261bytes
- Views: 24984
- Downloads: 2,008
- File Descriptor: Programs
Sorry if the frequent updates annoy you people. Now I actually have some time to work on this project again
Note: Dependency check is being redesigned at the moment (2014-10-19)
The SimCity 4 Buddy application aims to make life a little easier for SimCity 4 players out there.
NOTE THAT THIS IS A BETA RELEASE
DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM WITHOUT MAKING BACKUPS OF THE USER FOLDERS YOU ADD TO THE PROGRAM! (The one in the games folder (i.e. c:\program files (x86)\simcity 4\) and the default user folder (in your documents folder) are added as default when you launch the program for the first time)
Do NOT expect a fully functional tool with zero bugs. I have tried to break the program in every way I could imagine to see if it broke, but I may have overlooked something.
* * *
Now that that is out of the way, what does this program do?
It has multiple purposes. This early version has the following features:
- Manage your user folders through a friendly user interface without having to mess around with folders and files manually.
- Let SimCity 4 Buddy install the plugins for you (dat, rar or zip files. Multi-volume rar archives (zzz.part1.rar, zzz.part2.rar)
- Launch the game with a specific user folder (i.e. a Paris region, SimMars, Futuristic etc.)
- Handle launcher command line switches through a user interface (stuff like no intro, no audio, 1 cpu, resolution, window mode etc.)
- Let SimCity 4 Buddy save your game at regular intervals
- Let SimCity 4 Buddy identify your plugins against the central database so you can easily manage your plugins onwards (semi implemented in this version - The central database only has about 10 plugins stored but I will add more plugins continuously - Every plugin I install will be added and I just reinstalled my game and have about -2500 plugins (6.7GB) to install - which is the reason why I started writing this application in the first place. Stuff is comming!)
- Let SimCity 4 Buddy check if you are missing any dependencies (for plugins known to the central database -See above! The database does not contain a lot of entries so far as this is still in a test phase)
For CUSTOM CONTENT creators there are some additional features:
- Create an author user and add your usernames from various sites (such as simtropolis or sc4devotion) and...
- Upload information on your plugins to the database such as the name of the plugin, a description, a download link, dependency information and the name of the included files.
Check out the support thread below to see what features are to be implemented in the future (the dependencies stuff is quite nifty if I may say so myself)
Guides, support, bugs and feedback should be posted in this thread --> http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/58814-the-simcity-4-buddy-project/
* * *
The file in this download is only a pointer to the download location. The site also states the system requirements for this application.
Although this program is written for Windows machines you should be able to make it work on both Linux and OSX by using Mono. I have not tested this myself but if anyone wants to try it out please go ahead and send me any feedback you may have.
What's New in Version 22.214.171.124 BETA (See full changelog)
- Various bugfixes and stability improvements.
- 18,695 Total Files
- 23 Total Categories
- 2,604 Total Authors
- 97,313,334 Total Downloads
- British Boxes Latest File
- Bombardiere Latest Submitter
159 user(s) are online ...
59 members, 98 guests, 0 anonymous users
Google (2), caractato, EDGE4194, Chefbr, Bambel, pechelle, ljackson, auns, gui2012maize, I-lammond, d_kiat, hugoj, duelok10, swews, HyugaHinata, BlackDragonAJ89, Gzehu, gaelaqwzsx, Brynjolf, Dannibee, oxsex, jesusmmoralesr, DROOPEC, UndoZZ, ariegage, Kimlea, jwgerritsen76, thundercity41, azurebonds, jabb, keoma, AidanA28, supremec, indramister, dohraymii, Andreas673, aurora182, FrankSmith, Madame_Je_sals_tout, dinoman88, kimlay1991, Erhos, MarlonJacobo, Darf, noicecoffee, CrossBronxExpressway, Chicka, MayorSinistrad, Klyte45, Yayie, C.Scott, luxid, otenaco, joelbnet, Jamo33, karmel1989, pippin, Eric Padilla, fafas, Mikey125