• Moose

4 Screenshots

About This File

Sorry if the frequent updates annoy you people. Now I actually have some time to work on this project again :D

The SimCity 4 Buddy application aims to make life a little easier for SimCity 4 players out there.

NOTE THAT THIS IS A BETA RELEASE
Do NOT expect a fully functional tool with zero bugs. I have tried to break the program in every way I could imagine to see if it broke, but I may have overlooked something.

Now that that is out of the way, what does this program do?

Features
It has multiple purposes. This early version has the following features:

• Manage your user folders through a friendly user interface without having to mess around with folders and files manually.
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy install the plugins for you (dat, rar or zip files. Multi-volume rar archives (zzz.part1.rar, zzz.part2.rar)
  • Launch the game with a specific user folder (i.e. a Paris region, SimMars, MTP, Futuristic etc.)
  • Handle launcher command line switches through a user interface (stuff like no intro, no audio, 1 cpu, resolution, window mode etc.)
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy save your game at regular intervals
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy identify your plugins against the central database so you can easily manage your plugins onwards - Don't worry if all of your plugins aren't identified. The database is being constantly updated.
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy check if you are missing any dependencies (for plugins known to the central database)

Check out the support thread below to see what features are to be implemented in the future (the dependencies stuff is quite nifty if I may say so myself)

Guides, support, bugs and feedback:

http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/58814-the-simcity-4-buddy-project/

Source code:

https://github.com/IrradiatedGames/SimCity-4-Buddy-Project

Server source code:

https://github.com/asser-dk/SimCity-4-Buddy-Api

What's New in Version 1.1.0.20 BETA   See Changelog

Released

• Improved error messages in the plugins window when trying to use a disabled feature.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Ceafus 88

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
nosferatu247

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
_marsh_

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
nthooze

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Delecto

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Bipin

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Baribal Blanc

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
dalgould

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Oliver Lock

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Jasoncw

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
bokrif

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Wimbo56

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
gamzdude

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Mithrik

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
giert

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
CocoJones

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
mrdoctor

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Isriael2

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Hatchet2k4

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
elliotwiley

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

02/21/2017

Looking for your help! We have a real and urgent need for your donations for this month as of this writing we're almost half way to our monthly target!  Please help us with any donation you can make! Lately, we've been feeling a big pinch with a slump in donations, and we're hoping to drive that up so we can continue to keep the site running. In return for your donation, we're offering several STEX Collection Discs which you can learn more about here, if you wish to receive one. We would really appreciate your support by way of a donation of any amount in order to keep the site up and running. Of course, as always, we'll send you a gift with a minimum donation as a Thank You. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me!  Donate Any Amount Here To Receive a STEX Disc(s) Donate a Specific Amount Here Sincerely; Dirktator & The Admins PS. Thank you to those who have stepped up and donated -- we really appreciate it!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Hal Wing 917
      I had a system crash at Christmas and have been slowly reinstalling files. I'm FINALLY getting to reinstall my SC4 files.

I keep getting the dreaded boxes, despite the fact that I have downloaded every file I can from the Boxes? section in here. I took a screen shot in hopes that maybe someone can tell me what I have neglected to do.

Shoot! The screen shot won't paste. Here are the first three Plug In Pack numbers it shows missing:
      PlugIn Pack 1372154730
      PlugIn Pack 736382342
      PlugIn Pack 1871687276

Among other things, there are buildings and bus stops that are showing up as boxes.

City Error.doc
    • By CycleDogg
      Tree-related props and flora including trees, stumps, slash piles, logs.  This file also adds some flora items to your Mayor Mode flora menu, which will allow you to plop a few types of trees that grow over time in the game.  It also adds ploppable logs, such as found along rivers and beaches of Northwestern North America (and probably many other places too.)
      Dependencies:
      Some of the ploppable trees may require the following files to be in your plugins (to avoid brown boxes)
      CP_PropPack_Vol01.dat
      Cycledogg Tree Mod
      (The actual files from the Cycledogg Tree Mod that need to be in your plugins are: CPT_No8_TreeModelsPArtOne.dat and CPT_No9_TreeModelsPartTwo.dat)

This pack will be a dependency for upcoming BSC timber farm series lots, and for future god-mode tree controllers, and for possible future street tree mods.
    • By kingofsimcity
      KOSC presents: SuperSHK+ FA3 Parking Textures
      Introduction

Happy New Year! Need some irregularity in your lotting? SuperSHK is back with a plus and a whole assortment of FA3-aligned textures for you to play with.
      Overview
      This set contains at total of 482 new overlay textures.
      SuperSHK+ takes the original set and adds quite a bit of additional support for FA3 angled pathways. Additionally, there are a host of extra textures included meant to patch some missing areas from the first set.
      Details
      These textures are broken into 4 DATs. The included resource guide offers a slightly more detailed look at the different texture options offered here.
      DAT 1 - Curbs: Contains an assortment of FA3 aligned curb pieces and connectors.
      DAT 2 - Parking Transitions: Contains transitions and intersections between different parking types with FA3 curbs.
      DAT 3 - Pseudo-FA3 (PFA3): Contains a set of FA3 aligned orthogonal parking spaces and a few basic transitions.
      DAT 4 - Extras: Adds medians and additional support for S-Curves from the original set.
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. These should show up under the overlay texture section in the lot editor and PIM-X. 
      Dependencies
      NONE. This set is a dependency. Lotters that want to take full advantage of this set will need the SHK Parking Pack and base set:
      Credit to shokthrpy for the original SHK set. Additional thanks goes out to rsc204 & rivit for their invaluable work with GoFSH (and Bender) and texture replacement -  this set would not be possible without their tools.
    • By NICK97
      Work With:
      - Cities XL 2011
      - Cities XL Platinum

New Feature:
      - 10 New Buildings
      - No Loading Screen
      - 2 New Apps Inside The One exe File

Note: This Program is Going To Be a New Updates With Bug fixing program won't run Excep and the update will come in 5 weeks or later!
    • By Edvarz
      English
      This is a dependency pack currently containing some prop families, it groups several props found in the LBT Mega Prop Pack. I will be using this upload as a dependency for my next releases. I will also be adding some prop fixes, more families and maybe textures in the future, so be sure to check for updated versions!
      Included in this download is a "Dev Files" folder for those who want to use this pack for their lots: This folder contains Prop Family names for easily identifying the families in the Lot Editor and PIM-X. There's also a couple of test lots showcasing all the props i grouped in this pack.
      This pack does not contain any new props, only new instances of already existing props, it also doesn't contain any overrides of already existing files, so you don't have to worry about bulldozing anything in-game. For further clarification you can refer to the "Technicalities" section below.
      Dependencies
      Make sure you download and install these files to your Plugins folder. If you don't, you'll get brown boxes instead of props.
      LBT Mega Prop Pack vol. 01
      Yes, this dependency needs a dependency; the files contained in this download are not redundant, however. To understand why you can refer to the "Technicalities" section below.
      Technicalities
      This pack contains new prop exemplars made out of existing prop models. For any model made for SC4 (be it vanilla or custom made) there can be multiple different instances (called exemplars), these exemplars can all have different properties but they all refer to the same model; this is why you can have a building model serve as both Commercial offices and as a static Landmark.
      The props included here have properties different from the original ones but link to the same models, one of such properties is, for example, belonging to a prop family. Thus, the original packs linked as dependencies do not include my prop families, or any of my modifications or fixes; conversely, my pack does not include any different prop models, only different prop instances.
      Notes
      You can use this pack for your own lots if you wish, just make sure link to this pack as a dependency, along with any of the cascading dependencies. I did not make any of the models, and do not claim any credit for them, all credit goes to the authors of the original packs. If you run into any issues , want to see upcoming updates, or other things I'm working on, pay a visit to my lot thread in Simtropolis, you can also PM me here @Edvarz. Thanks for your download and enjoy!
      Español

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Were is the file for it its only the screen shot I would like to install this to my maps.
    • WAY too expensive.  Otherwise great.  
    • I'm finally getting back to this lot, and now starting to make at least 3 different variations taking from ideas presented here.  Not sure if the lot can be made 2x2 and still work as the same growable,  but if there's a tweak I need to make, please let me know as I would like to add some ground area to the lot. I don't have an SC4Desc file for it, but I'm now re-lotting this re-lot, so yes, some parking and a gas station added will go into 1 of a few new variations, Thanks for the input.   It will be a 2x2, if I can get 2x2 working the same as a growable.  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks to the more advanced content creators above for suggestions.   Whatever I come up with, as mentioned, I have to keep in mind how often this lot shows up and find a way to make that repetitiveness look good in-game --It does work as a blvd with the overdose of big trees, but that's all so far.
    • uggh, i'm confused. I installed this because I want a bus stop on road but I can't find the tile on the menu bar. Does it appear in form of ploppable "bus stop" (but can be done in top of road) or "road tiles with bus stop"?
    •       Looks very nice , but like said above "I don't rate content by pictures " and I too will get back after I get it in game . You have been giving us quality stuff and I thank you for your dedication to bring us new content . Keep up the good work .         I just noticed Trixie emoticons , it must be that time of year again .