• Moose

4 Screenshots

About This File

Sorry if the frequent updates annoy you people. Now I actually have some time to work on this project again :D

The SimCity 4 Buddy application aims to make life a little easier for SimCity 4 players out there.

NOTE THAT THIS IS A BETA RELEASE
Do NOT expect a fully functional tool with zero bugs. I have tried to break the program in every way I could imagine to see if it broke, but I may have overlooked something.

Now that that is out of the way, what does this program do?

Features
It has multiple purposes. This early version has the following features:

• Manage your user folders through a friendly user interface without having to mess around with folders and files manually.
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy install the plugins for you (dat, rar or zip files. Multi-volume rar archives (zzz.part1.rar, zzz.part2.rar)
  • Launch the game with a specific user folder (i.e. a Paris region, SimMars, MTP, Futuristic etc.)
  • Handle launcher command line switches through a user interface (stuff like no intro, no audio, 1 cpu, resolution, window mode etc.)
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy save your game at regular intervals
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy identify your plugins against the central database so you can easily manage your plugins onwards - Don't worry if all of your plugins aren't identified. The database is being constantly updated.
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy check if you are missing any dependencies (for plugins known to the central database)

Check out the support thread below to see what features are to be implemented in the future (the dependencies stuff is quite nifty if I may say so myself)

Guides, support, bugs and feedback:

http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/58814-the-simcity-4-buddy-project/

Source code:

https://github.com/IrradiatedGames/SimCity-4-Buddy-Project

Server source code:

https://github.com/asser-dk/SimCity-4-Buddy-Api

What's New in Version 1.1.0.20 BETA   See Changelog

Released

• Improved error messages in the plugins window when trying to use a disabled feature.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

nthooze

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Delecto

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Bipin

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
dalgould

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
bokrif

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Wimbo56

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
gamzdude

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Mithrik

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
giert

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
CocoJones

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
mrdoctor

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Isriael2

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By kingofsimcity
      KOSC Presents: IndustryMania - Trucking Essentials
      Introduction
      Do you want to recreate a large distribution center with ample truck parking space of all angles and populate them with tons of random trailers from different freight and logistic companies? This essentials package, which is the prelude to my upcoming IndustryMania re-lot series, provides a set of custom truck parking textures and prop families for @MushyMushy's HD North American trucks which will allow you to do just that.
      Package Overview
      This package contains a set of 38 unique overlay textures, offered in either white or yellow paint for a total of 76. Additionally, there are 36 prop families that cover all of the props included in the original trailers and semi cab sets. Additional details are in the enclosed README.
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. Note that the prop families DAT supersedes the original props' .sc4desc files. It is recommended that you relocate or remove the original from your plugins folder to avoid potential conflict. 
      Dependencies
      The textures are standalone and will not require any dependencies. However, the prop families will not function properly without the original trucks:
      Props
      HD North American 40ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 HD North American 53ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 HD North American Semi Truck Cabs Vol. 1 Credit goes to MushyMushy for the wonderful set of trailers and semis!
      Enjoy!
    • By tcx
      These are 22 lots of the billboards released in LBT TX PROP PACK VOL 01. The lots are very simple and don't have custom icon. The size is 1x1 and have a minimum monthly cost. They will appear in the Parks Menu ingame.

Installation:
      Unzip the file to your plugins folder.

Dependancy:
      LBT TX PROP PACK VOL 01

• By Hal Wing 917
      I had a system crash at Christmas and have been slowly reinstalling files. I'm FINALLY getting to reinstall my SC4 files.

I keep getting the dreaded boxes, despite the fact that I have downloaded every file I can from the Boxes? section in here. I took a screen shot in hopes that maybe someone can tell me what I have neglected to do.

Shoot! The screen shot won't paste. Here are the first three Plug In Pack numbers it shows missing:
      PlugIn Pack 1372154730
      PlugIn Pack 736382342
      PlugIn Pack 1871687276

Among other things, there are buildings and bus stops that are showing up as boxes.

City Error.doc
    • By CycleDogg
      Tree-related props and flora including trees, stumps, slash piles, logs.  This file also adds some flora items to your Mayor Mode flora menu, which will allow you to plop a few types of trees that grow over time in the game.  It also adds ploppable logs, such as found along rivers and beaches of Northwestern North America (and probably many other places too.)
      Dependencies:
      Some of the ploppable trees may require the following files to be in your plugins (to avoid brown boxes)
      CP_PropPack_Vol01.dat
      Cycledogg Tree Mod
      (The actual files from the Cycledogg Tree Mod that need to be in your plugins are: CPT_No8_TreeModelsPArtOne.dat and CPT_No9_TreeModelsPartTwo.dat)

This pack will be a dependency for upcoming BSC timber farm series lots, and for future god-mode tree controllers, and for possible future street tree mods.
    • By kingofsimcity
      KOSC presents: SuperSHK+ FA3 Parking Textures
      Introduction

Happy New Year! Need some irregularity in your lotting? SuperSHK is back with a plus and a whole assortment of FA3-aligned textures for you to play with.
      Overview
      This set contains at total of 482 new overlay textures.
      SuperSHK+ takes the original set and adds quite a bit of additional support for FA3 angled pathways. Additionally, there are a host of extra textures included meant to patch some missing areas from the first set.
      Details
      These textures are broken into 4 DATs. The included resource guide offers a slightly more detailed look at the different texture options offered here.
      DAT 1 - Curbs: Contains an assortment of FA3 aligned curb pieces and connectors.
      DAT 2 - Parking Transitions: Contains transitions and intersections between different parking types with FA3 curbs.
      DAT 3 - Pseudo-FA3 (PFA3): Contains a set of FA3 aligned orthogonal parking spaces and a few basic transitions.
      DAT 4 - Extras: Adds medians and additional support for S-Curves from the original set.
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. These should show up under the overlay texture section in the lot editor and PIM-X. 
      Dependencies
      NONE. This set is a dependency. Lotters that want to take full advantage of this set will need the SHK Parking Pack and base set:
      Credit to shokthrpy for the original SHK set. Additional thanks goes out to rsc204 & rivit for their invaluable work with GoFSH (and Bender) and texture replacement -  this set would not be possible without their tools.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• @nycsc4 ... This file should only include the texture and lot files - due to copyright reasons I have to link to anything that is not mine (the stadium in this case). I'm not sure what you mean by the "invisible KS file." On the OneDrive, there is a button for KS_AllianzArena 15x12 which once downloaded, will give a *.7z file. If you're using the default windows extractor, it may be a problem (not sure if it can handle 7zip files or not), but something like winrar should unzip it just fine. The .desc and .model files you need will be right there. Let me know if that's not working for you.
    • Hi there, quick question.  I just downloaded this stadium but it doesn't seem to work.  I am missing the "a" and "b" files.  The main download here only includes the texture and lot files.  The one drive only has the invisible "KS" file.  Let me know if you can help.   Thanks.
    • @thirstydeer - welcome to the world of custom content There are 4 tilesets in the game (the game has to be either "SC4 Deluxe" or "SC4" + "Rush Hour" expansion pack, the very basic game won't allow custom content to be used) which you can use to control what types of buildings are grown. The four tilesets are: Houston/New York/Chicago and Euro. If you don't change these settings, as a default, all tilesets are on, and the game builds from one tileset only every 5 game years. By selecting only the Euro tileset, you will give these buildings the greatest chance to grow . There is a little bit of further discussion here: Additionally, to get a 6x6 zone easily in the game, press and hold the CTRL key while zoning the commercial zone to count out a square 6 tiles each side.
    • What exactly do you mean by this: "These are all offered as growable 6x6, stage 1, medium wealth, Commercial Services on the EURO Tileset only."  I'm a pretty basic user of the game and am just starting to dabble with the myriad of custom content available on this site so I want to make sure it'll work for me before I download it.  It truly looks great!
    • If anything it's possible for a river with lots of flow to widen abruptly when the channel shape shifts from deep and narrow to wide and shallow.