• Moose

4 Screenshots

About This File

Sorry if the frequent updates annoy you people. Now I actually have some time to work on this project again :D

The SimCity 4 Buddy application aims to make life a little easier for SimCity 4 players out there.

NOTE THAT THIS IS A BETA RELEASE
Do NOT expect a fully functional tool with zero bugs. I have tried to break the program in every way I could imagine to see if it broke, but I may have overlooked something.

Now that that is out of the way, what does this program do?

Features
It has multiple purposes. This early version has the following features:

• Manage your user folders through a friendly user interface without having to mess around with folders and files manually.
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy install the plugins for you (dat, rar or zip files. Multi-volume rar archives (zzz.part1.rar, zzz.part2.rar)
  • Launch the game with a specific user folder (i.e. a Paris region, SimMars, MTP, Futuristic etc.)
  • Handle launcher command line switches through a user interface (stuff like no intro, no audio, 1 cpu, resolution, window mode etc.)
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy save your game at regular intervals
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy identify your plugins against the central database so you can easily manage your plugins onwards - Don't worry if all of your plugins aren't identified. The database is being constantly updated.
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy check if you are missing any dependencies (for plugins known to the central database)

Check out the support thread below to see what features are to be implemented in the future (the dependencies stuff is quite nifty if I may say so myself)

Guides, support, bugs and feedback:

http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/58814-the-simcity-4-buddy-project/

Source code:

https://github.com/IrradiatedGames/SimCity-4-Buddy-Project

Server source code:

https://github.com/asser-dk/SimCity-4-Buddy-Api

What's New in Version 1.1.0.20 BETA   See Changelog

Released

• Improved error messages in the plugins window when trying to use a disabled feature.

User Feedback

Ceafus 88

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
nosferatu247

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
_marsh_

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
nthooze

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Delecto

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Bipin

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Baribal Blanc

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
dalgould

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Oliver Lock

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Jasoncw

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
bokrif

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Wimbo56

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
gamzdude

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Mithrik

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
giert

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
CocoJones

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
mrdoctor

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Isriael2

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Hatchet2k4

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
elliotwiley

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

11/12/2016

Hi Community We're here again to ask you for your support to help us keep the site and the STEX up and running. Simtropolis runs solely on the support of members like you through donations to help us offset the operational costs of running the site. As you know, we've always relied on community donations to help keep the website running. And while all our admins and moderators volunteer their time to managing the site and community, we do have modest expenses that we need to cover each month which includes our server hosting fees, software and support licenses, etc. So lately, we've experienced a slump with donations and we're beginning to feel the pinch! We would really appreciate your support by way of a donation of any amount in order to keep the site up and running. Of course, as always, we'll send you a gift with a minimum donation as a Thank You. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me!  Sincerely; Dirktator & The Admins PS. Thank you to those who have stepped up and donated -- we really appreciate it!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Edvarz
      English
      This is a dependency pack currently containing some prop families, it groups several props found in the LBT Mega Prop Pack. I will be using this upload as a dependency for my next releases. I will also be adding some prop fixes, more families and maybe textures in the future, so be sure to check for updated versions!
      Included in this download is a "Dev Files" folder for those who want to use this pack for their lots: This folder contains Prop Family names for easily identifying the families in the Lot Editor and PIM-X. There's also a couple of test lots showcasing all the props i grouped in this pack.
      This pack does not contain any new props, only new instances of already existing props, it also doesn't contain any overrides of already existing files, so you don't have to worry about bulldozing anything in-game. For further clarification you can refer to the "Technicalities" section below.
      Dependencies
      Make sure you download and install these files to your Plugins folder. If you don't, you'll get brown boxes instead of props.
      LBT Mega Prop Pack vol. 01
      Yes, this dependency needs a dependency; the files contained in this download are not redundant, however. To understand why you can refer to the "Technicalities" section below.
      Technicalities
      This pack contains new prop exemplars made out of existing prop models. For any model made for SC4 (be it vanilla or custom made) there can be multiple different instances (called exemplars), these exemplars can all have different properties but they all refer to the same model; this is why you can have a building model serve as both Commercial offices and as a static Landmark.
      The props included here have properties different from the original ones but link to the same models, one of such properties is, for example, belonging to a prop family. Thus, the original packs linked as dependencies do not include my prop families, or any of my modifications or fixes; conversely, my pack does not include any different prop models, only different prop instances.
      Notes
      You can use this pack for your own lots if you wish, just make sure link to this pack as a dependency, along with any of the cascading dependencies. I did not make any of the models, and do not claim any credit for them, all credit goes to the authors of the original packs. If you run into any issues , want to see upcoming updates, or other things I'm working on, pay a visit to my lot thread in Simtropolis, you can also PM me here @Edvarz. Thanks for your download and enjoy!
      Español

• By DavidDHetzel
      I have a file called SCAM.dat and its a dependency in something I posted on STEX, where Can I find it so I can link it.

I have a feeling its a texture but I am not to sure.
    • By MushyMushy
      In the largely low density population centers of the United States, how does one get their children to school if they can't drive them? Schools are often too far (or the cities are too unsafe) for the children to walk there, and public transit is hard to come by. The answer?
      The yellow limousine.

Whoops, I meant the school bus.
      How do you know that you're on a school bus? You might see dirty windows that are impossibly difficult to slide open, and the floor might be strewn with lost homework. Used gum will likely cover the bottom of every seat. You might feel very hot during the summertime because there's no air conditioning... or if there is, the unit will leak on people who sit under it. You may also notice that every other vehicle on the road is passing you, including city buses and garbage trucks... but you'll only notice this if you can keep your thoughts straight while your brain is rattled by every bump in the road. Yes, school buses really are the dream. They're something you dread getting on in the morning, but once you're on you wish that the bus will never stop... because once it does, you know you're at school.
      ---
      OK, all comedy aside, this a simple prop pack that includes 20 HD models. It has 5 different bus designs rendered in 90 degree (ortho), 45 degree (diagonal), and both 22.5 degree (FA2) angles. Four of the buses are built off of a Navistar International truck chassis and the other one is a Ford E-Series bus with a handicap door.
      These are not automata. I do not know how to make automata, and these models have far, far too many tris to be directly converted into automata. In other words, please don't ask me if these are automata and please don't ask me to make them into automata. Thanks.
      I have already tested the models and did not encounter any problems, but if you find a bug or issue, please post it here or on my BAT thread.
      ---
      Please be advised: currently these props may not appear 100% right next to other car props made by other users. People who have made cars for SC4 over the years have adopted wildly different scales. Since my end-goal is to redefine the world of vehicle props for the game, I decided to use a near-realistic scale for my cars and trucks (probably somewhere between 100-110% scale). Because of this, they will appear small next to the shk cars and very small next to the VIP cars. The same problem plagues truck props made by different creators (or sometimes even the same creators... some people aren't consistent with their own scale!). They will look about right next to the Jim car props, but that set is rather limited (no angles). Eventually I'll release other sets of cars, trucks, and buses (and textures) so eventually there will be a unified scale that can be enjoyed using my props.
    • By NICK97
      Work With:
      - Cities XL 2011
      - Cities XL Platinum

New Feature:
      - 10 New Buildings
      - No Loading Screen
      - 2 New Apps Inside The One exe File
    • By poshbakerloo
      Where do auto saves, save? My city has vanished

I've not put this in the technical help forum, because I'm not sure its anything broken - but just how the game works. Cities Skylines (just like GTA V) seems to have a rather unclear auto save system. Everything was fine with my city, I would use the 'continue game' button on the main menu to get back to it. Then one day I decided to start a new city... got bored of it... so tried to go back to my old city... OMG WHERE HAS IT GONE. All I can see are a load of really old saves from when I first started

Anyone else had this problem?
  • Newest Uploads