4 Screenshots

About This File

Sorry if the frequent updates annoy you people. Now I actually have some time to work on this project again :D

The SimCity 4 Buddy application aims to make life a little easier for SimCity 4 players out there.

NOTE THAT THIS IS A BETA RELEASE
Do NOT expect a fully functional tool with zero bugs. I have tried to break the program in every way I could imagine to see if it broke, but I may have overlooked something.

Now that that is out of the way, what does this program do?

Features
It has multiple purposes. This early version has the following features:

• Manage your user folders through a friendly user interface without having to mess around with folders and files manually.
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy install the plugins for you (dat, rar or zip files. Multi-volume rar archives (zzz.part1.rar, zzz.part2.rar)
  • Launch the game with a specific user folder (i.e. a Paris region, SimMars, MTP, Futuristic etc.)
  • Handle launcher command line switches through a user interface (stuff like no intro, no audio, 1 cpu, resolution, window mode etc.)
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy save your game at regular intervals
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy identify your plugins against the central database so you can easily manage your plugins onwards - Don't worry if all of your plugins aren't identified. The database is being constantly updated.
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy check if you are missing any dependencies (for plugins known to the central database)

Check out the support thread below to see what features are to be implemented in the future (the dependencies stuff is quite nifty if I may say so myself)

Guides, support, bugs and feedback:

http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/58814-the-simcity-4-buddy-project/

Source code:

https://github.com/IrradiatedGames/SimCity-4-Buddy-Project

Server source code:

https://github.com/asser-dk/SimCity-4-Buddy-Api

What's New in Version 1.1.0.20 BETA   See changelog

Released

• Improved error messages in the plugins window when trying to use a disabled feature.

User Feedback

Ceafus 88

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
nosferatu247

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
_marsh_

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
nthooze

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Delecto

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Bipin

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Baribal Blanc

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
dalgould

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Oliver Lock

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Jasoncw

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
bokrif

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Wimbo56

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
gamzdude

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Mithrik

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
giert

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
CocoJones

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
mrdoctor

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Isriael2

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Hatchet2k4

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
elliotwiley

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

• STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By NICK97
      Work With:
      - Cities XL 2011
      - Cities XL Platinum

New Feature:
      - 10 New Buildings
      - No Loading Screen
      - 2 New Apps Inside The One exe File
    • By poshbakerloo
      Where do auto saves, save? My city has vanished

I've not put this in the technical help forum, because I'm not sure its anything broken - but just how the game works. Cities Skylines (just like GTA V) seems to have a rather unclear auto save system. Everything was fine with my city, I would use the 'continue game' button on the main menu to get back to it. Then one day I decided to start a new city... got bored of it... so tried to go back to my old city... OMG WHERE HAS IT GONE. All I can see are a load of really old saves from when I first started

Anyone else had this problem?
    • By Cool_Z
      Hi guys.
      I had a bad surprise with some bixel buildings.

It seems the same texture is missing in several of his buildings from thses two packs :
      Could someone using these tell me where this texture can be found ?
      Or is there a way to know in what dependency pack a particular texture is ?

Thanks in advance !
    • By VeeTHis
      So, I have BAT, Gmax, SC4 Lot Editor, and the Plugin Manager. So I go into the Plugin Manager, set everything up for the SC4DESC file. I already exported the building model in Gmax, but when I go to the Lot Edtitor, I load up a lot that is big enough for my building, replace the building, but I can't find my building ANYWHERE. I could not find the name I called it in the Plugin Manager. Can someone please help me? This problem makes no sense. Did something go wrong during exporting the model in Gmax? Did something go wrong with the Lot Editor or Plugin Manager? I honestly don't know. Please help me!
    • By kingofsimcity
      KOSC presents: SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures
      Introduction

Take parking lots to the next level! SuperSHK MEGA Textures is the backbone of my Superparking Project, and combines the original Volume 1 alongside the newly complete Volume 2 set. This MEGA set combines both for the ultimate parking lot texture resource for SC4.
      Overview
      This combined set contains at total of 1281 overlay textures (352 from Vol 1).

Volume 2 contains a mind-boggling 929 new overlay textures. This set focus on expanding the core aspects of Volume 1 while adding some rather ridiculous new options. As with before, many of the new textures influences were found primarily from around North America's tech centers including Overland Park, Denver Tech Corridor, Silicon Valley, and Irvine. Additionally, some other inspiration came from various locations around the UK, including Portsmouth - these were largely responsible for my designing of a bunch of UK-style road markings.
      As it is now officially part of this combined set, SuperSHK Parking Textures Vol. 1 is now obsolete! This set retains every single texture from volume 1 and provides some overall enhancements to a large amount of them, including the following:
      Smoother curves Alignment fixes Smoothing and resizing of existing road markings to maintain consistency Furthermore, the "Extra" textures included with both modular sets are also no longer necessary. To aid you in cleaning any leftover old stuff, there is a Cleanitol file included. You may also refer to it for manual deletion as well.
      Details
      These textures are broken into 8 DATs. The included resource guide offers more detailed explanations.
      DAT 1 - Ortho: Combines a ton of new pieces with the original Ortho set. Deals mostly with orthogonal parking and associated transitions.
      DAT 2 - Islands, Paths & Curbs: Combines the original set of Islands & Curbs with Paths (excluding markings). Adds many brand new curb pieces and transitions from various different parking types.
      DAT 3 - Diagonals: Combines the original set of Diagonal with new ones. Adds islands, offset diagonals and more orthogonal transitions.
      DAT 4 - Markings: Contains road marking goodness! Highlights include more block-end stop markings, pathing, and an entire section of UK-specific ones. Also comes with a way to transform standard parking spaces into "boxed" ones.
      DAT 5  - D-Types: Contains significant support of the original SHK diagonal-oriented spaces. Includes a full complement of transitions, curbs and some bonus special pieces including handicapped spots and an alternate style.
      DAT 6 - Combo Pieces: Adds an enhanced set of standard parking and curb textures with sidewalks and grass.
      DAT 7 - Miscellaneous: Includes some additional pieces that didn't quite belong elsewhere like parking-to-path transitions and S-curves.
      DAT 8 - Alternate Style: Adds an alternate orthogonal parking style in two colors.
      For Lotters
      Included is a resource guide containing a general breakdown of the set as well as a sample lot (found in the parks menu) and layout examples. There are also PIM-X groups included, for better organization and some time saving while digging through this massive set!
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. These should show up under the overlay texture section in the lot editor and PIM-X. 

Lotters, copy the contents of PIMXGroups.txt into your groups.ini file located in the PIM-X install directory.
      Dependencies
      None. This set will serve as a future dependency for my lots. While it is technically a standalone texture pack, SHK Parking Pack is very, very highly recommended to take full advantage.
      Credit to shokthrpy for the original set, which served as the template for me. It wouldn’t have been possible to create this without it! Additional thanks goes out to rsc204 & rivit for granting me tools to refine this development process, nos.17, Belfastsocrates, MushyMushy, T Wrecks for various texture tweaks and suggestions, and everyone that left a like/commented on any of my parking posts!
      Enjoy!
  • Newest Uploads