4 Screenshots

About This File

Sorry if the frequent updates annoy you people. Now I actually have some time to work on this project again :D

The SimCity 4 Buddy application aims to make life a little easier for SimCity 4 players out there.

NOTE THAT THIS IS A BETA RELEASE
Do NOT expect a fully functional tool with zero bugs. I have tried to break the program in every way I could imagine to see if it broke, but I may have overlooked something.

Now that that is out of the way, what does this program do?

Features
It has multiple purposes. This early version has the following features:

• Manage your user folders through a friendly user interface without having to mess around with folders and files manually.
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy install the plugins for you (dat, rar or zip files. Multi-volume rar archives (zzz.part1.rar, zzz.part2.rar)
  • Launch the game with a specific user folder (i.e. a Paris region, SimMars, MTP, Futuristic etc.)
  • Handle launcher command line switches through a user interface (stuff like no intro, no audio, 1 cpu, resolution, window mode etc.)
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy save your game at regular intervals
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy identify your plugins against the central database so you can easily manage your plugins onwards - Don't worry if all of your plugins aren't identified. The database is being constantly updated.
  • Let SimCity 4 Buddy check if you are missing any dependencies (for plugins known to the central database)

Check out the support thread below to see what features are to be implemented in the future (the dependencies stuff is quite nifty if I may say so myself)

Guides, support, bugs and feedback:

http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/58814-the-simcity-4-buddy-project/

Source code:

https://github.com/IrradiatedGames/SimCity-4-Buddy-Project

Server source code:

https://github.com/asser-dk/SimCity-4-Buddy-Api

What's New in Version 1.1.0.20 BETA   See changelog

Released

• Improved error messages in the plugins window when trying to use a disabled feature.

User Feedback

Ceafus 88

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
nosferatu247

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
_marsh_

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
nthooze

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Delecto

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Bipin

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Baribal Blanc

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
dalgould

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Oliver Lock

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Jasoncw

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
bokrif

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Wimbo56

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
gamzdude

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Mithrik

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
giert

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
CocoJones

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
mrdoctor

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Isriael2

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Hatchet2k4

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
elliotwiley

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

An appeal for your support: Help us keep the STEX up and running

11/06/2015

Hi Community, this is a public appeal for help to keep the STEX up and running! We currently need your help to offset some of our operational costs and upgrades! As you know, we've always relied on community donations to help keep the website running. And while all our admins and moderators volunteer their time to managing the site and community, we do have modest expenses that we need to cover each month which includes our server hosting fees, software and support licenses, etc. So lately, we've experienced a slump with donations and we're beginning to feel the pinch! We would really appreciate your support by way of a donation of any amount in order to keep the site up and running. Of course, as always, we'll send you a gift with a minimum donation as a Thank You. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me!  Sincerely; Dirktator & The Admins PS. Thank you to those who have stepped up and donated the last couple weeks -- we really appreciate it!
    • Dirktator

Updates in progress... Please stand by...

01/22/2016

We're still in the middle of updating things, please bear with us! Some things may appear strange or not quite working right - we're working on it!
  • Similar Content

• Savegame save overwrite issues
      By OwiHH
      SInce few days i have a bug that cause the overwrite / autosave of savegame files to output a error. If i save a new fresh named new savegame there is no bug.
      Any idea how to fix this because i like the autosave option to be eneabled again.

• Gap For XL
      By NICK97
      Work With:
      Cities XL Cities XL 2011 Cities XL 2012 Cities XL Platinum Requrment:
      Sears For XL CTV Studio For XL Cities XL 2012 - Launcher  
      It Won't Work With Cities XXL!

• Simcity 4 Launcher - Updated (10/09/15) 1.5.4b - R12
      By Logic_Bomb
      Hey All,

I'm pretty new here, but here it goes anyway.
      So I recently got back into playing Simcity 4, but had been experiencing some technical difficulties due to the age of the game, I did a little research and found out that it was not my hardware at fault (which I knew as I had only just upgraded it) but was in fact the settings within the game. One of the big issues I was having was Trees & Scenery disappearing when scrolling in game - this was due to the fact that I was using an AMD card (HD 7870 OC) and for some reason this registered with Simcity as a low-end ATI card (which it is most certainly not).

I did a little tinkering and found that EA/Maxis actually enabled an additional option within the 'Graphic Rules' file for ATI Cards, I changed the options around and voila! solved. But this left me wandering just how many people have had this problem and just lived with it because they didn't want to go messing with the over-complicated Simcity files, and this then spurred me on to create something I called 'SC4Launcher'.

SC4Launcher allows certain settings and stability issues to be set/solved before the game is launched. I decided to register and release it here as this seems like a place in which a large amount of people may benefit from it.

The features are as follows:
      - Fullscreen Borderless/Seamless mode.
      - Auto-Update Feature to negate the need to constantly check the STEX.
      - Quick Launch (Launch instantly with the latest settings).
      - Auto-Save Feature with Interval selection.
      - Resolution Selection. (Auto-Detected).
      - Color Depth Selection.
      - Ability to change the number of Logical Cores used. (Auto-Detected).
      - Loading & Saving of last used Configuration.
      - Ability to set the CPU Priority.
      - Render Mode Selection (DirectX, OpenGL or Software).
      - Ability to turn audio On or Off.
      - Intro Screen/Movie Disable/Enable; and
      - The all important Force Draw On Scroll Fix.
      - A simple mod-manager to allow you to quickly enable & disable mods.

I am aware that many of the tech savvy among you will have no use for this, as many of the features are easily enabled through command line switches, but, some of the community might benefit from this, at-least, I hope they will.

Screen-Shots:

I have packaged the software into an installer that should automatically detect your Simcity Installation folder, but if it doesn't, please give it a nudge in the right direction. A virus scan is also attached below, for those of you who wish to have peace of mind.

Change Log:

Hope you enjoy the software! And I hope this is in the correct section!

Regards,

Logic_
    • PEG MTP SUPER PACK
      By Pegasus
      Faster than a speeding Llama... ( a really old one... with gout )...
      More Powerful than my breath after a Tequila and burrito binge......
      Able to leap tall brown gift boxes in a single install.
      "LOOK !! Up on the STEX !! Its a Mod !! Its a Lot !! Its... its..."
      "Oh forget it. Its just a dependency."
      You asked for it! And now you got it! The all-inclusive... the all encapsulating...one size fits all... MTP SUPER PACK !!

* Tights & Cape sold separately. Tights void where prohibited. Do not wear capes near jet aircraft engines. Installation of the SUPER PACK may not enable you to fly.

The MTP SUPER PACK combines all the standard MTP dependencies into a single download... and also includes a substantial amount of new material that will be used in future development. This file will be the primary MTP dependency listed on all future MTP lots.
      Please Note: This dependency contains no material that alters the appearance ofgame default props or textures... and will not interfere in any way with playing a non-MTP or rural themed city.

The MTP SUPER PACK combines both MTP props and textures into a single download. However, it will install props and textures as separate files to make any future updates easier and faster.
      The MTP SUPERPACK replaces the following previous MTP dependencies... which can now be removed from your Plugins folder:
      * PEG Mountain Theme Pack
      ( PEG_MTP_RESOURCE_vol1.dat & PEG_MTP_TEXTURES_vol1.dat )
      * PEG-MTP Texture Pack Volume 2
      ( PEG-MTP_TEXTURES_vol2.dat )
      * PEG-MTP Resource Pack 2 [beta]
      ( PEG-MTP_RESOURCE2_b102.dat )
      * PEG Pine Tree Mod [ resource file only ]
      ( PEG-MTP_GM-TreeMod_RESOURCE )

** This dependency has no dependencies. 

All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.

• PEG Seasonal Woods v206b
      By Pegasus
      Prepare for the onslaught as hoards of Leafers besiege your city every Fall to take in the beauty of the Autumn leaves. The Seasonal Woods lots are very similar to the PEG Random Woods... except these trees change with the seasons. Winter, Spring, Summer & Fall... the trees change to reflect the time of year in your cities. The Seasonal Woods also shuns the game's default "lolly-pop" trees and introduces 18 new BATed trees for greater realism.
      The Seasonal Woods provides you with a fast & flexible means of adding realistic woodlands to your cities and surrounding rural areas. The Seasonal Woods randomly generates different types of trees as you plop the lot. This eliminates the need of constantly rotating the lot when plopping for a random look... and provides a more natural & realistic look when covering large areas.
      The Seasonal Woods includes 4 new lots: A 1x1 lot with full ground texture. A 2x2 lot with full ground texture. A 1x1 lot with transparent ground texture. A 2x2 lot with transparent ground texture.
      The Random Forest is PEG tested & Tree-Hugger approved. Each lot has properties similar to a small green park with slightly improved air pollution qualities. This lot is also 'Slope Conforming' so you can place it almost anywhere.
      ** This lot was designed for seamless integration with the PEG Trail Parks and the PEG Stream Kit. Obviously, it can be used by itself, singularly or in groups, anywhere in your cities where you need a little flourish of flora.
      **This file currently contains an .exe installer suitable for windows users.  These files are in the process of being updated with zip files and this message will be removed once the update is complete.
      All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.
  • Newest Uploads