• Moose

2 Screenshots

About This File

I wanted a region that was realistic, but worked well in SC4 (I find regions based on real places aren't always that fun to play). I couldn't find anything that fit what I wanted, so I made my own. I made the base terrain in Photoshop, and did the rest in the the SC4 editor. The mountains are taken from real-world data and that's what makes them realistic (though I edited them a whole bunch too).

The screenshot was taken with Teirusu's fantastic [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/21316-terrain-mod-arctic-snowcapped-terrain/"]Arctic/Snowcapped Mod[/url], and Peg's excellent [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/11836-peg-water-mod-brigantine/"]Brigantine water mod[/url].

[i]Edit: apparently rendered cities are not allowed on Simtropolis, so only the .sc4m is available now. You must import it with SC4Mapper.[/i]

What's New in Version 1.0

Released

• removed rendered .rar

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

RobertLM78

Best map I've found so far.

Share this review

Link to review
ppiinnkkuuss

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
jason leo

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
nosferatu247

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
blade2k5

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
adys

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Superboss75

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
daybreak

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
tyscott12

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Ultimate727

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
KeszSandor

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

02/21/2017

Looking for your help! We have a real and urgent need for your donations for this month as of this writing we're almost half way to our monthly target!  Please help us with any donation you can make! Lately, we've been feeling a big pinch with a slump in donations, and we're hoping to drive that up so we can continue to keep the site running. In return for your donation, we're offering several STEX Collection Discs which you can learn more about here, if you wish to receive one. We would really appreciate your support by way of a donation of any amount in order to keep the site up and running. Of course, as always, we'll send you a gift with a minimum donation as a Thank You. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me!  Donate Any Amount Here To Receive a STEX Disc(s) Donate a Specific Amount Here Sincerely; Dirktator & The Admins PS. Thank you to those who have stepped up and donated -- we really appreciate it!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By korver
      Full size version (~4MB) of the GIF on the first comment.

Please keep in mind that a time lapse animation was one of the official suggested ideas for this challenge on the forum thread.
      An animated GIF displaying my recreation of the Holy Monastery of St. Nicholas in Meteora, Greece along with some of the surrounding scenery.  Wanting to feel closer to heaven, the locals would build their monasteries high in the sky, perched precariously on the edge of sheer granite rock cliffs - truly an amazing sight to behold.
      One of the frames in this picture (fall) was originally featured in my "Greece - Part II" update in my CJ, True Earth, so for this GIF I decided to showcase Meteora in its entirety with Spring, Summer, and Winter frames as well. Each frame showcases extensive custom lotting, intricate MMPing, and custom content creation (various terrain mods created for this picture + a number of new MMPs made/modded heavily)
      -
      The first frame starts off with summer in Meteora. Predictably, this time is the most popular season for tourists to come visit Meteora. The harvest season that begins in late summer is a big attraction as well for tourists.
      The second frame displays some of Meteora's famous fall foliage. Oaks and maples among others will come alive, displaying various shades of red, orange, and yellow. This coupled with the much more comfortable temperatures makes it a great time to come visit.
      The third frame shows off Meteora blanketed under a layer of snow in the midst of a snowfall. Despite Meteora's relatively close proximity to the Ioanian and Aegean Seas, it's just high enough in the mountains (1,000-2,000 feet above sea level) to receive regular snow in the winter. Additionally, the mountains will essentially "block out" gusts from the sea, allowing for temperatures to vary wildly. For those wanting to visit Meteora in the wintertime, be prepared for frigid temperatures and constant frost.
      Before looping, the fourth and final frame shows Meteora in the spring. The cold winters often delay Springtime for a bit, but when it comes it can truly be quite beautiful. Be prepared for fog/rain showers however, a common site during this time of the year.
    • By korver
      Please view the full size resolution link here before casting your vote! The gallery doesn't tend to do mosaics/panoramas a lot of justice.
      The harbour city in all its glory. You may have seen my Sydney recreation before in my CJ True Earth here, but you've never seen it before like this. I felt like a panorama was the best way to truly capture this amazing city for this final challenge. This panorama showcases the entire center of the city from Hyde Park on the far left to North Sydney on the right, just past the iconic Harbour Bridge. To top things off, I decided to showcase the city in a sunset setting - while Sydney is amazing at all times of the day, I felt like there was just something truly magical about seeing Sydney in the sunset.
      Additional notes:
      This scene features countless buildings imported into the game - real, ingame assets, just like any other BAT you would download and use in the game yourself. The bridge and highway system can are completely modular, a picture illustrating this can be seen here. This scene as a whole also required extensive custom content creation. A majority of the buildings had to be custom lotted in addition to making 40-50 custom made Sydney road textures, complete with authentic bus and bike lanes.

• By korver
      Recreation of the Moscow International Business Center (aka Moscow City) at night. Despite still being in construction, it's still one of the most impressive skylines in Europe (and in the world) with a one of a kind collection of skyscrapers on the banks of the Moskva River.
      This picture required intensive custom content creation. A massive texture set was created for this scene, by far the largest one that I have created thus far, taking nearly a week of texture work. As the textures for this recreation couldn't possibly fit into the LODs of a single render, I had to divide it up into 8 different sections. This combined with other various buildings, boats, river walls, highway pieces, and other miscellaneous pieces were rendered over the course of a few days. Additionally, since there were many pieces that I could not find anywhere, I tried my hand at BAT as well, creating the highway from scratch as well as the famous Moscow river walls. While there may be some cosmetic touch ups such as some enhanced/added night lights, added ripples, etc in the final image, all the models you see here are in fact in the game. As always, virtually every building and prop in this picture mirrors the real life version as well - countless pictures were analyzed to ensure the highest level of realism possible in SC4.
      Download links for some of the more prominent buildings in this picture:
      (basic 3dsmax and gmax knowledge will be needed to import into the game)
      City of Capitals
      Federation Tower (in construction)
      Naberezhnaya Block 1 and Naberezhnaya Block 2
      Moscow river boats (The black one was simply a copy of the white one in 3dsmax with a black texture applied)
      Highway + Moscow walls: As mentioned, custom BAT made by me specifically for this picture.
      Smaller objects such as the train/helicopter were imported in as well (don't know the link, sorry, but they were heavily modified anyways in 3dsmax before rendering), and the rest can pretty much be found on the STEX or various prop packs.
      Full-size resolution version is posted in the comments below.
    • By nofunk
      Carew Tower is an art deco skyscraper located in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. Completed in 1930, it stands 49 stories tall, making it the tallest building in the city. It was named after Joseph T. Carew, the proprietor of a local department store chain.

8x4 Co$$ growable and ploppable, with 4,268 jobs Available in both MaxisNite and DarkNite DarkNite requires the Day and Nite Modd Readme included. No dependencies!

• By nofunk
      The BSP proudly presents the Cadillac Tower!

Cadillac Tower is a Beaux Arts skyscraper located in downtown Detroit, Michigan. At 38 floors, it was the tallest building in the world outside of New York and Chicago when it was built in 1927. It now houses the city's planning, development and recreation departments.

Included with this BAT is a prop that depicts three billboards that have graced the side of Cadillac Tower in the past, including one of the legend himself: Barry Sanders! The billboards appear at random.

If you do not wish to use the billboard, simply remove the file named "Prop_CadTower_Billboard.dat"

2x2 Co$$ growable and ploppable. Available in both MaxisNite and DarkNite. DarkNite requires the Day and Nite Modd

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• WAY too expensive.  Otherwise great.  
    • I'm finally getting back to this lot, and now starting to make at least 3 different variations taking from ideas presented here.  Not sure if the lot can be made 2x2 and still work as the same growable,  but if there's a tweak I need to make, please let me know as I would like to add some ground area to the lot. I don't have an SC4Desc file for it, but I'm now re-lotting this re-lot, so yes, some parking and a gas station added will go into 1 of a few new variations, Thanks for the input.   It will be a 2x2, if I can get 2x2 working the same as a growable.  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks to the more advanced content creators above for suggestions.   Whatever I come up with, as mentioned, I have to keep in mind how often this lot shows up and find a way to make that repetitiveness look good in-game --It does work as a blvd with the overdose of big trees, but that's all so far.
    • uggh, i'm confused. I installed this because I want a bus stop on road but I can't find the tile on the menu bar. Does it appear in form of ploppable "bus stop" (but can be done in top of road) or "road tiles with bus stop"?
    •       Looks very nice , but like said above "I don't rate content by pictures " and I too will get back after I get it in game . You have been giving us quality stuff and I thank you for your dedication to bring us new content . Keep up the good work .         I just noticed Trixie emoticons , it must be that time of year again .