• Moose

2 Screenshots

About This File

I wanted a region that was realistic, but worked well in SC4 (I find regions based on real places aren't always that fun to play). I couldn't find anything that fit what I wanted, so I made my own. I made the base terrain in Photoshop, and did the rest in the the SC4 editor. The mountains are taken from real-world data and that's what makes them realistic (though I edited them a whole bunch too).

The screenshot was taken with Teirusu's fantastic [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/21316-terrain-mod-arctic-snowcapped-terrain/"]Arctic/Snowcapped Mod[/url], and Peg's excellent [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/11836-peg-water-mod-brigantine/"]Brigantine water mod[/url].

[i]Edit: apparently rendered cities are not allowed on Simtropolis, so only the .sc4m is available now. You must import it with SC4Mapper.[/i]

What's New in Version 1.0

Released

• removed rendered .rar

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

RobertLM78

Best map I've found so far.

Share this review

Link to review
ppiinnkkuuss

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
jason leo

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
nosferatu247

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
blade2k5

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
adys

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Superboss75

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
daybreak

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
tyscott12

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Ultimate727

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
KeszSandor

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

12/05/2016

Hi Community As Simtropolis turns 14 years old this year, we're asking your help now more than ever to help us keep the site and everything you love about our Community and STEX up and running. A donation goes a long way to help us offset the costs of keeping the site up and operational. As you know, we're a completely community-driven not-for-profit website, but we do have to deal with some modest real-world expenses from month to month. Lately, we've been feeling a big pinch with a slump in donations, and we're hoping to drive that up so we can continue to keep the site running. In return for your donation, we're offering several STEX Collection Discs which you can learn more about here, if you wish to receive one. We would really appreciate your support by way of a donation of any amount in order to keep the site up and running. Of course, as always, we'll send you a gift with a minimum donation as a Thank You. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me!  Donate Any Amount Here To Receive a STEX Disc(s) Donate a Specific Amount Here Sincerely; Dirktator & The Admins PS. Thank you to those who have stepped up and donated -- we really appreciate it!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By kingofsimcity
      Before voting, we recommend you download and try out this item of content:
      [Download Here] 
      A large Southern California styled strip mall for your shopping pleasure. Features plenty of roomy parking blocks so your Sims don't have to spend 20 years trying to back out of a parking space anymore.
    • By korver
      Please view it in full resolution to see all the fine detail before you cast your vote!
      Realistic recreation of Pisa's Piazza dei Miracoli (Square of Miracles) - home of the world famous Leaning Tower of Pisa.
      Additional notes:
      Every last building and object was carefully analyzed to find the most suitable SC4 replacement.
      All of the textures were created from scratch to match those of the actual plaza itself.
      Pics for comparison: 1,2,3,4,5
    • By korver
      Please zoom in before casting your vote!

Realistic recreation of the Holy Monastery of St. Nicholas in Meteora, Greece along with some of the surrounding scenery.  Wanting to feel closer to heaven, the locals built their monasteries high in the sky, perched precariously on sheer rock cliffs - truly a sight to behold.

You can see more Greek scenes from my "Greece - Part II" update in my CJ, True Earth.
    • By korver
      Please view it in full resolution to see all the fine detail before you cast your vote!
      You can see more amazing African scenes in my recent update Scenes From Africa from my CJ, True Earth.

Stunning Victoria Falls. Located on the Zambezi River on the Zimbabwe/Zambia border, it's the world's largest waterfall as well as one of the seven natural wonders of the world.
      Pics for comparison: 1,2,3,4,5
    • By philforhockey51
      Here is an image I found on the internet and decided to recreate it. There are some differences but I tried what I could you'll note the freight train and the style of the bridge, the curve in the stream and the type of vegetation trees, bushes, shrubs, even the bare lodge poles at the top left of the field. Obviously the angle is different but I tried to recreate the location seen below. and per rule 6 no photo editing.

• Newest Uploads