2 Screenshots

About This File

I wanted a region that was realistic, but worked well in SC4 (I find regions based on real places aren't always that fun to play). I couldn't find anything that fit what I wanted, so I made my own. I made the base terrain in Photoshop, and did the rest in the the SC4 editor. The mountains are taken from real-world data and that's what makes them realistic (though I edited them a whole bunch too).

The screenshot was taken with Teirusu's fantastic [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/21316-terrain-mod-arctic-snowcapped-terrain/"]Arctic/Snowcapped Mod[/url], and Peg's excellent [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/11836-peg-water-mod-brigantine/"]Brigantine water mod[/url].

[i]Edit: apparently rendered cities are not allowed on Simtropolis, so only the .sc4m is available now. You must import it with SC4Mapper.[/i]

What's New in Version 1.0

Released

• removed rendered .rar

User Feedback

ppiinnkkuuss

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
jason leo

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
nosferatu247

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
blade2k5

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
adys

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Superboss75

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
daybreak

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
tyscott12

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Ultimate727

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
KeszSandor

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

• STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• A new city emerges...
      By Robban040
      Hey there!
      First post here.
      I try to build as realistic as i can, using the existing mods.
      So lets start off!
      Overview of part of the downtown area.

Suburbs along the main highway:

Harbor with the industrial area:

The railyard:

At the present time I've expanded the city somewhat.
      Stay tuned for the next post where I'll show you the aiport.
      Cheers!
    • SimCity Art (SimArt)
      By pcwhiz24
      Welcome to my SimArt journal!
      I decided to put all my city art together into one journal, so I can have them all in one place! This journal will have mostly SimCity-related art, (or just regular cities), and possibly some sneak peaks of future CJ updates (Million Sims challenge anyone?)
      A little background:
      I've been drawing cities since 6th grade (2008). My first City building game ever was SimCity Societies late 2007, (which was fun) and then I got SimCity 4 for the first time months later and got hooked to it. I was let down by the lack of 3D at first, but I accepted it since the game was so fun. It became my go-to game for a long time. Around 2008,  I started googling SimCity 5, and I would wonder if it would ever come out. I decided to draw my idea of what I wanted "SimCity 5" to look like. A lot of the drawings were done while I was at school bored or during free time. I've been drawing cities even until this day.
       I was all to familiar with the phrase "Put that drawing away" I got from teachers!  

Anyhow, without any further ado, Let's get started!  

I will save my most recent art for last (on the bottom).  The top of the drawings contain the title and the bottom is the description/meaning. For most of my older middle/High-school drawings, I wrote what I feel they mean to me now and what they symbolize. 

First drawing:

Blue Republic City: Main Street South (Commercial District) (Partial, will show the rest next update!)

(Completed in November 2013; Senior Year of HS)

SimCity 4 in 3D; Two MAVE-6's intersecting, note some of the Maxis CO$$$ buildings, and a R$$ on the right

City From above

Started in late 2011, beginning of my sophomore year of HS (10th grade). With only 4 blocks complete, it was put away in a pile of papers for over 6 MONTHS before I dug it out when I was throwing away other papers. Have I not found this, this drawing would've been thrown away too. It was finished just before my sophomore year in May 2012.

Highway From Hell
      RHW-6C highway that leads to Woodland City

Completed May 2013, this drawing took about two days to complete; The majority of it was worked on in my pre-calculus class (which I was failing miserably). My junior year was my worst year in all my 12 grades of school. This drawing symbolizes my "Junioritis." The storm represents my finals that I would still face before the end of that year (in June)  and the city out in the distance represents summer. The clear towards the end represents the light at the end of the hell that I call, my Junior Year. The exit you see to the right (Exit 255) represents a break. Speaking of Storms...

Here Comes my finals!

I had to take the exit to the right of the previous scene (Highway From Boredom) to brace for the violent thunderstorm. The conditions became way too dangerous to drive through.

I made it out, thankfully:

Elm Street; Completion date around 2013

More Art!

I dubbed this one: Good After-School! (Get it? 'Cause it's the afternoon and...school..*laughs awkwardly at silence*)

Completed my sophomore year of HS (Early 2012); Represents students walking home from school after dismissal.

We travel back in time!

Some random house I drew in 7th grade

Completed in 7th grade (January 2009) This drawing symbolizes...some random house.

Generic Neighborhood From Above

Completed March 2010 (8th grade), note the massive wreck just by the hospital, which symbolizes the only time that I would EVER got in trouble and written up in middle school, for the most ridiculous reason ever. Hence why the hospital is right there, to symbolize the ridiculousness of the whole situation.

A SPRING SERIES OF 8TH GRADE DRAWINGS

Highway To High School

Similar concept to "Highway from boredom," except that things are much happier  Completed in April, 2010, towards the end of my 8th grade year and also the end of middle school road! The late afternoon setting symbolizes the fact that I am in my last few months of my middle school career. The storm clouds out towards the right however suggest that there are still obstacles to face before the end of my middle school career. There overpass out in the distance is the FCAT test. The rush hour traffic symbolizes all the graduates who would soon walk the stage, marching along...

Now I go under the overpass from the previous drawing, symbolizing that I have passed my FCAT (2009)

Same highway from above, just further along the road, and a bit later

I finally reach the Cloverleaf (in the distance)

Completed in late May 2010, the last full month of my 8th grade year, the traffic is heavy with graduates. The cloverleaf (it's still far, I know it's hard to see lol) symbolizes the different directions people will take in their lives from here. Some will go to other schools that are not in their zone, and others will keep going to the high school they're called for. Some friendships will end here. The late evening setting symbolizes the setting of my middle school, and the few hours left in that day, just as my days as an 8th grader, are numbered, soon to end. The highway past the clover leaf represents a new chapter in life.
      --------------------------------------------------------------
      Fast Forward To High School
      Senioritropolis

Completed May 2014 my Senior year of High School; Senioritropolis. What does it symbolize? Here are the pieces: Seniorit-tropol-is. You put it together, I think it speaks for itself  
      (Still don't get it? Take "Tropol" away)

SimCity 4 3D Concept Art (from 2013)

More SC4 3D Concept Art

Now for the Most Recent SimArt

Oh yeah, and one thing I need to mention...

After Playing SC4 for almost 24 hours straight, I went to go take a shower and as I looked over to the living room I saw this...

Yes, if you play SC4 with the 3D Mod for too long...this happens. The bathroom is to the left, parent's bedroom to the right, the side door is right towards the end, and my front door is to the right of where the right wall ends. To the left of the left wall is the dining room, which leads to the kitchen and back door.
       My parents definitely not happy when they saw over 500K tiny sims blocking any way out of the house with their metropolis.

Note: If you want 3D SC4 graphics, download the latest version of SC4 3D Camera mod (April Fool's Edition)

Disclaimer
      This is known to be duly noted that I am not responsible for any power outages, crashes, the destruction of your computer, or the Sims-colonization of your living room. Please download at your own risk

Before I get to my latest drawing, let us go back to 6th grade one last time (At least for this update)...

Blue Republic City: Main Road North (2008)

Completed in May 2008, this was my last drawing as a 6th grader. It is the same city as the first drawing in this entry.
      Blue republic City is a young, growing city. It is the future capital of the Blue Republic senate and Capital. (more to come in future CJ)

8 Years Later...

Blue Republic City: Main Road North (2016)

Yes, this is the exact same scene and angle as the previous drawing, except 8 years have passed. The buildings under construction were complete, and the AVE-4 was widened into an MAVE-6. I wanted to see how much I improved since 6th grade, so I went and re-drew one of my old middle-school drawings (kind of like re-mastering a ps1 game with modern ps4 graphics) with my modern technique. You can see the difference 8 years makes! Practice makes perfect!

That's it for this update, I hope y'all enjoyed it and don't worry, there is more to come. Much more!  

I post a lot of my art/works in progress on Instagram too. Mods, am I allowed to post a link to my Instagram account here? Thanks!

• Zurich Insurance
      By mattb325
      Zurich Insurance, by Mattb325.

A fictional creation, Zurich Insurance is a CO$$$ mid-rise building that is designed main streets and smaller downtown areas.

At 14 floors high (including mechanical penthouse), this is a post-modern building that includes a light beige coloured cut-stone feature façade to contrast the red concrete tiles. Large patio areas on the third and thirteenth floors provide outdoor space for workers as well as some greenery.

It is available on a 4x3 and 4x4 lot. It grows on medium and high density on all tilesets

PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS A MAXIS NIGHT AND DARK NIGHT VERSION INCLUDED. YOU CAN USE ONLY ONE MODEL FILE AT A TIME.

STATS 4x3 and 4x4:

Capacity Satisfied: CO$$$ 593 (CO$$847 when dilapidated)
      Flammability: 35
      Growth Stages: 4 & 5
      Bulldoze Cost: $718
      Pollution: 3/3/4
      Pollution Radius: 6/7/0
      Power Consumed: 24 Mwh
      Water Consumed: 269 Gallons
      DEPENDENCIES: (note you must be registered with, and logged into, the SC4 Devotion exchange)

BSC BAT Props Mattb325 Vol02 (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383)
      BSC BAT Props Mattb325 Vol03 (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2768).

To install, simply unzip the file and select either the DarkNite or MaxisNite model files (only one can be used) into your plugins folder.

Thankyou and enjoy.
    • Council Chambers and Civic Center
      By mattb325
      Bankstown Council Chambers and Civic Center, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      This is a campus-style council chambers and civic center building. This is a modified model based on the auditorium, council offices and tourist information kiosk of a similarly scaled complex in suburban Sydney.
      This is a very specific architectural style that was popular during the 1960s and 1970s, when Tehran was one of the most sophisticated and popular destination for western tourists.
      Unfortunately, the tumultuous events of the late 1970's saw Persia (as Iran was then known) loose its shine with the West; but as with all exotic things popular in the west, this popularity found expression in borrowed architectural styles making their way into western cities.
      Civic architecture was an early adopter of this simplified Persian style; the main building of the Lincoln Center in New York is a particularly famous example of this style, but there are very few other examples in SC4.
      In the Persian style, all of the typical, classical ornamentation is reduced to very simple, strong geometric shapes. It was undoubtedly modern; but probably seen as a more sophisticated architectural expression than the somewhat similar atomic & googie styles which were prevalent at the time. Thankfully, all three styles fell out of fashion.
      This BAT functions as a government building and town hall in game.
      In addition to providing your sims with 310 highly desirable civic jobs, it will help alleviate the commercial demand caps that can hinder city development. It has also been modded to provide residential cap relief and increase desirability.
      It is designed for a 10x7 lot and this building looks best when used in either a suburban setting or to be break up a larger downtown area.
      * It is offered as a reward without needing to meet pre-existing conditions.
      * It is located in the REWARD Menu
      * It can be placed more than once in a city.
      * It DOES NOT over-write the ingame town hall (or any re-lotted versions there-of), so can be used in conjunction with the standard Maxis town hall reward.
      * It DOES NOT over-write any of my other town hall lots (so can be used in conjunction with these as well).
      STATS:
      Lot size :                  10 x 7
      Plop Cost:                §72,000
      Monthly Cost:          §1,920
      Budget Item:            Government Buildings
      Occupant Groups:  Reward, Courthouse, Tourist, TV Magnet
      Demand Created:   Jobs§: 38, Jobs§§: 253, Jobs§§§: 19.
      Landmark Effect:   +135 over 39 tiles
      Park Effect:             +50 over 70 tiles
      Pollution:                  Air 4 over 2 tiles, Water 2 over 3 tiles, Garbage 50 over 0 tiles
      Power consumed:  36 MwH
      Water consumed:  144 Gallons/Month
      Bulldoze Cost:        §19,240
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

This download contains TWO file types in two seperate folders; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite.
      You must choose only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version.
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. Either: (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) OR (http://gizmo.aplaceforwebsite.com/index.php)
      DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:
      *BSC BAT Props Mattb325 Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383)
      *BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
      *BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790)
      *BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=746)
      *BSC Texture Pack - Cycledogg V01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101)

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks, and enjoy!
    • Parkland Lofts
      By mattb325
      Parkland Lofts, by Mattb325.
      Inspired by a new build near the University precinct in Little Rock Arkansas, 'Parkland Lofts' is the modern apartment equivalent of the old internationalist style of the 1970s.
      It is the sort of new apartment building that can be found in London, Sydney, Dusseldorf, Moscow, Paris, Tokyo or even Little Rock.
      Despite being billed as 'stylish' and having 'cutting edge design' (developers are generally fast and loose with new-build descriptions), these buildings are in fact bereft of almost all ornamentation and sense of place, such that they will fit in anywhere.
      The Little Rock version is called 'Park Lane' and actually sits in the middle of a shopping mall car-park - yuck - so as you can imagine, I have taken artistic liberties with the BAT and LOT.
      It has been a while since I released any apartment buildings: medium density residentials are certainly the main-stay of most cities, and smaller mid-rise offerings are still especially lacking in game.
      This apartment complex is offered on a range of medium and high density lots in a variety of configurations: 2x5, 5x2, 5x3, 5x5 and 6x6.
      If you use the CTRL Key while zoning, these will grow (especially the 5x5 and 6x6 offerings), and all of them grew quite easily for me. I also find that having SOMY's low-wealth apartments (which have identical lot sizes and can upgrade more easily) helps to avoid the game breaking up the lots into smaller parcels, but it is by no means necessary to have SOMY's files in order to get these growing.
      Given how ubiquitous this design is, these lots are designed to grow on all tilesets. The lots also use prop families and shaded props to ensure a lot of variety.
      Underground parking is provided for all but the 5x2/2x5 version and some even have such wonderful amenities as a pool and communal BBQ.
      Bliss indeed.

Stats, links and dependencies are listed below.
      STATS (R§§ 5x2, 5x3 and 2x5):
      Growth Stage:           5 & 6 (medium & high density zones)
      Bulldoze Cost:           § 343
      Capacity Satisfied:   R§ 1,052, R§§ 582
      Pollution:                   4 (Air)/ 2 (Water)/ 4 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:      5/6/0
      Power Consumed:   8 Mwh
      Water Consumed:    23 Gal/Month
      Building Style:           Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro
      Occupant Group:      Residential
      STATS (R§§ 5x5 and 6x6):
      Growth Stage:           5 (medium & high density zones)
      Bulldoze Cost:          § 532
      Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 2,102, R§§ 1,162
      Pollution:                   9 (Air)/ 4 (Water)/ 4 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:      5/6/0
      Power Consumed:    16 Mwh
      Water Consumed:     44 Gal/Month
      Building Style:            Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro
      Occupant Group:       Residential

NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO file types in two separate folders; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite.
      You must choose only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version.
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. Either: (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) OR (http://gizmo.aplaceforwebsite.com/index.php)
      DEPENDENCIES:

To ensure proper functionality, please make sure the following files are in your plugins folder:
      *BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
      *BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790)
      *BSCBATProps - Mattb325Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383)
      *BSC Texture Pack - Cycledogg V01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101)

To install, simply unzip the file into your plugins folder.
      Thankyou and enjoy.
  • Newest Uploads