4-to-13 Plugin Converter Release 0.42 beta

(3.79)    (111 reviews)

6 Screenshots

About This File

4 – to – 13
SimCity 4 to SimCity 2013 Plugin Converter
Release 0.42 beta

On behalf of the newly formed Modd Squad ‘13 Team, I’m proud to present to you publically for the first time, our latest release, the SimCity 4 to SimCity 2013 Plugin Converter.

From this morning’s news post:

In a breakthrough development, a group of SimCity modders have developed a means of importing any model originally created for SimCity 4 directly into SimCity 2013, removing the previously thought requirement of access to the original 3D files. This process can be carried out by the end user on their own PC’s via the use of an automated tool, which has been released today at Simtropolis.com.

4to13-Conversion01_zpse77dbc36.png

First a little background.

Our team was formed and our efforts commenced after RippleTurbine, a prominent member both here and at SC4inmotion.com, made an interesting discovery late last year. He found that FSH files along with the LOD data contained within a standard SC4Model file could be extrapolated in such a way that allowed for the generation of a low-detail yet fully 3-dimensional version of the model. However, as was expected, the FSH files only aligned to form a coherent image at a specific angle (the isometric viewing angle of SimCity 4) and that at all other possible angles, the model would appear to have become distorted in some way.

However, this was not the end of the road as many predicted it would be! It was soon discovered that with the help of a modified version of the BlueFish 3D scanning script (a script created some years ago by the BlueFish R&D group in an attempt to convert static PNG images to 3D geometry on the fly), a mostly accurate representation of the original model could be generated simply through scanning the low-detail model at the point where the FSH files align correctly. Two scanning passes, from the North and South views, were all that was required to completely rebuild the model, including materials, into a highly-detailed three dimensional format. From here, all that was required was to export the 3D data into OJB format (the model format used in Sim City 2013), bake in the textures and import into the game via the use of Ohpee’s geometry import hack.

After many months of continuing development, we are now at the point where we are confident that a public release is possible (we were working on this even before the game was out!). Please keep in mind though, this is still beta software! We have yet to iron out all the bugs, and some features (such as the ability to convert night lighting) are still under development.

Known issues:

- Imported models are only available on the PC on which they have been installed. Loading a city with custom models on a different PC (where they have not been installed) can lead to game instability.

- Models greater than 1024m in any direction will cause a bugged model to be generated and the import to fail. We are trying hard to find a way to remove this limitation.

- OJB export crashes when running Mozilla Firefox at the same time. We are looking into this, possibly a co-scripting bug…

Installation:

- Simply run the standalone exe file, there is no need to install.

- Once at the main screen, select your SC4Model file, as well as your SimCity 2013 program files directory.

- Now press convert. A series of dialogue boxes will automatically appear and you will be able to see the conversion taking place. Once the ‘Importation Successful!’ dialogue box appears, close the program and open SimCity 2013.

- Your imported model will be available in game as a landmark.

4to13-ConververApp_zps190a8021.png

As of yet, we have not implemented the night-light conversion option into the public release (this feature is currently only available in the private beta – see below for more information). This feature is still under development and will appear in future public releases. We are also working on a way to import SimCity 4 lot properties along with models, but this will also take a while to develop.

Compatibility:
The tool has been tested and is confirmed working with Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. A Mac OS X port is currently in development which we expect to be available within a few weeks.

***IMPORTANT*** To run this application, please make sure your system has the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 installed and enabled. Most windows users should have this package installed.

Legal issues:
Respect the rights of the original creators! You may import any SC4 plugin you wish to SimCity 2013 for your sole use at your own PC. You MAY NOT re-upload any form of converted model, however, as these models still remain the sole property of their original creators.

Problems?

Please visit our official support and development thread for technical assistance, to file a bug report, or for information on applying to join the private development beta.

Credits:
MS’13 development team:
Raz0r, Ohpee, MandelSoft, Ganaram Inukshuk, RippleTurbine, NX40, Polygon, z12, Tarkuz
Testing:
CaptCity, Hamish, 111222333444, Cockatoo, SimFixIt, ROFLyoshi, Jasoncw.

Thanks for using our tools! We hope you have a wonderful day.

User Feedback

JP Schriefer

· Edited by JP Schriefer

It's funny because 2.5 years later people are still downloading it. You deserve 5 stars!

Share this review

Link to review
Ceafus 88

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
ROFLyoshi

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Tonraq

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Jack³

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Jasoncw

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Cyclone Boom

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Cockatoo

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Bipin

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
A.Burgess

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
APSMS

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Dirktator

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Archangel9

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
eyelev

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Wraner

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Jacob_G2013

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
The Avatar

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
weixc812

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
ferryv

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
juancruz(ARG)

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
ky72x

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Hamish

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Evillions

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

An appeal for your support: Help us keep the STEX up and running

11/06/2015

Hi Community, this is a public appeal for help to keep the STEX up and running! We currently need your help to offset some of our operational costs and upgrades! As you know, we've always relied on community donations to help keep the website running. And while all our admins and moderators volunteer their time to managing the site and community, we do have modest expenses that we need to cover each month which includes our server hosting fees, software and support licenses, etc. So lately, we've experienced a slump with donations and we're beginning to feel the pinch! We would really appreciate your support by way of a donation of any amount in order to keep the site up and running. Of course, as always, we'll send you a gift with a minimum donation as a Thank You. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me!  Sincerely; Dirktator & The Admins PS. Thank you to those who have stepped up and donated the last couple weeks -- we really appreciate it!
    • Dirktator

Updates in progress... Please stand by...

01/22/2016

We're still in the middle of updating things, please bear with us! Some things may appear strange or not quite working right - we're working on it!
  • Similar Content

• Police car disappearing in one way street. Why?
      By Pallav
      Crime going up and my police cars are disappearing in one way street. How can I fix this?
      Thanks
    • Best Setup for Ultimate Performance
      By AlexandrosB13
      So i've been back to SC4 and i had almost forgotten how much fun this game is. I started a new region and notice that the performance is really bad.  Since it's about time i upgrade most of my older pc parts anyways, i was wondering what's the best possible setup for the highest possible performance for SC4.
      I'm only keeping my GPU, a GTX 770 card, and my SanDisk SSD 256 GB, both are relatively new.
      For example, what about the OS? I know SC4 was designed to run on XP, but XP won't go too well with modern hardware, right? Also how much RAM is enough, my plugins folder is a bit less than 2GB. Then processor speed and cores? Is less cores better? And so on...
      I really have no idea what's best for SC4 so any help would be much appreciated. I have a dream that one day i will be able to play a developed city on a large tile smoothly.
    • The Lat Am project: Wall to wall pack
      By Edvarz
      English
      Description
      Years ago, the LBT (Latin american BAT Team) made four huge sets of residential and commercial building models, but never released a functional set of lots for them before they stopped making content. Although hese buildings have figured in some City Journals, only players who knew their way around the Lot Editor could make use of them.
      Thus I present to you the first in a series of lot sets that finally turn those models into fully functional, growable lots for your game!
      This is a pack of 14 lots using 16 different LBT buildings. There are low and medium wealth buildings, they all belong to the Houston and Euro tilesets and grow on medium and high density residential zones, the lots have different sizes: 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 2x1 and 2x2. Ingame they will also show the name of the building in Spanish or Portuguese if your SimCity 4 is installed in any of these languages, if it is installed in any other language the names will show in English.
      Be sure to read the included (bilingual!) documentation for more details about the installation, stats, size, and look of the buildings.
      This lotting project was conceived to adress a certain lack of latin american plugins for SC4, but I think this pack of wall to walls will look good on any setting whatsoever, so feel free to grow them in any city as you fancy!
      Dependencies (you knew this was coming):
      You need to install the files marked as essential or else you will only get brown boxes, those are the files that contain the models! The optional dependencies just add a couple of tiny details, they are fairly common and I will be using them in the upcoming sets.
      Essential:
      LBT Residential Model Files 1
      LBT Residential Model Files 2
      Optional:
      BSC Mega Props CP vol. 1 (Requires registration on the SC4 Devotion LEX, it's quick and painless)
      LBT Mega Texture Pack
      Other recommended downloads:
      These sets of lots by Erjolog from LBT will mix well with the buildings of this set
      LBT Erj Pack Residencial
      LBT Erj Pack Miraflorino
      LBT Erj Pack Bajada Balta
      Notes:
      I did not make the models and do not claim any credit for them, all credit goes to the people of LBT. However, I did give the buildings their stats and made lots for them, you can use or edit those lots, or the descriptor files however you want if it is for personal use, but you can't re-distribute them without my permission.
      The modding of this buildings was made using the PIM-X tool, so there shouldn't be any problem with these buildings throwing the game off balance.
      If you encounter any issues, feel free to drop me a PM me here at Simtropolis or leave a post in my lot thread, there you can also see the development of this project and other projects I'm working on.

Thanks and Enjoy!
      Edvarz 2016

Español
      Spoiler Descripción:
      Unos años atrás, el equipo LBT (Latin American BAT Team en inglés) realizó cuatro sets enormes de edificios residenciales y comerciales, sin embargo nunca publicaron lotes funcionales antes de que dejaran de hacer contenido para SC4. Estos edificios han figurado en varios diarios de alcalde (city journals) pero solo jugadores que supieran usar el Lot Editor tenían acceso a ellos.
      Por ello ¡he aquí el primero de una serie de sets que finalmente convierte esos edificios en lotes funcionales para usar en el juego!
      Este pack contiene 14 lots que usan 16 diferentes modelos de edificios. Hay edificios de riqueza media y baja, todos ellos crecen en los estilos Houston y Europa y en zonas residenciales de densidad media y alta, los lots tienen diferentes tamaños: 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 2x1 and 2x2. En el juego, el nombre de los edificios se mostrará en español o portugués si tu SimCity 4 está instalado en alguno de estos idiomas.
      Para más detalles sobre la instalación, los stats, el tamaño, y la apariencia de los edificios, puedes revisar la documentación (¡bilingüe!) incluida.
      Este proyecto de lots fue concebido con la idea de traer contenido latinoamericano a Sim City 4, pero este set en particular es adecuado para cualquiero otro estilo de ciudad, así que puedes hacer que tus sims los construyan en cualquier ciudad que quieras.
      Dependencias (No te salvas de ellas):
      Los archivos marcados como esenciales son, bueno, esenciales, para que se muestren los edificios en el juego, ¡estos son los archivos que contienen los modelos! Los archivos opcionales solo añaden un par de detalles, pero son muy comunes y los seguiré usando en mis futuros proyectos.
      Esenciales:
      LBT Residential Model Files 1
      LBT Residential Model Files 2
      Opcionales:
      BSC Mega Props CP vol. 1 (Requiere registrarse en el LEX de SC4 Devotion , es rápido e indoloro)
      LBT Mega Texture Pack
      Recomendaciones:
      Estos sets de edificios por Erjolog del equipo LBT combinan muy bien con este set
      LBT Erj Pack Residencial
      LBT Erj Pack Miraflorino
      LBT Erj Pack Bajada Balta
      Notas:
      Los modelos no son míos y no reclamo ningún crédito por ellos, todo el reconocimiento va al equipo de LBT. Sin embargo, yo di a los edificios sus stats e hice los lots; puedes usar o editar esos lots, o los archivos .desc como quieras si es para uso personal, pero no puedes redistribuirlos sin mi permiso.
      El modding de estos edificios fue hecho usando la herramienta PIM-X, por lo que no debería haber ningún problema con estos edificios desbalanceando el juego.
      Si tienes algún problema, puedes contactarme por mensaje privado aquí en Simtropolis o dejar un post en mi subforo de lots, ahí también puedes ver el desarrollo de este y otros proyectos.

¡Gracias y disfruta de este contenido!
      Edvarz 2016

• Custom Sign Mod (Request)
      By craigibhoy1
      This maybe a long shot but i have no idea on making mods so i was wondering if someone could be kind enough to make me a simple mod?
      The mod i would like is a sign saying Welcome To Finport as im building a seaside town.
      Thanks.
    • Maps
      By HLCE
      Hey,
      Somebody knows how I can make a map of my region (is a really big region), and I always see on google that have a lot of mademaps of regions, but I would like to do and I don't know how.
      I did heard something about it: NHP SC4Mapper. But I am not sure if is about it.
      Like this: 

Thank you!

• Newest Uploads