• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submitter

File Information

• Submitted: Mar 07, 2013 - 09:22 PM
  • Last Updated: Apr 14, 2013 - 12:16 PM
  • File Size: 14.73MB
  • Views: 63959
  • Downloads: 44,680
  • File Descriptor: Tools

Previous Versions

• 19 Mar 2013 Download SC4 Launcher 1.4.0b - R7
  • 09 Mar 2013 Download SC4 Launcher 1.2.0b - R5

Download SC4 Launcher 1.4.0b - R8

* * * * * 128 Votes
launcher settings graphics amd fix bugs resolution no intro windowed auto save

Screenshots
SC4Launcher allows certain settings and stability issues to be set/solved before the game is launched.

The features are as follows:
- Auto-Update Feature to negate the need to constantly check the STEX.
- Quick Launch (Launch instantly with the latest settings).
- Auto-Save Feature with Interval selection.
- Resolution Selection. (Auto-Detected).
- Color Depth Selection.
- Ability to change the number of Logical Cores used. (Auto-Detected).
- Loading & Saving of last used Configuration.
- Ability to set the CPU Priority.
- Render Mode Selection (DirectX, OpenGL or Software).
- Ability to turn audio On or Off.
- Intro Screen/Movie Disable/Enable; and
- The all important Force Draw On Scroll Fix.

The 'Force Draw On Scroll Fix' fixes a compatibility issue that exists between SC4 and AMD cards, the fix utilizes the 'Graphics Rules.sgr' file in order to force SC4 to draw details when scrolling, regardless of AMD/ATI hardware.

Please note: The file within the Zip/RAR Archive is an installer, please run it and point it to the root of your Simcity installation and DO NOT simply add it to you plugins folder.

Bugs: Please report any bugs via PM or the Official thread (Link Below).

Official Thread: http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/54082-simcity-4-launcher-sc4launcher/

What's New in Version 1.4.0b - R8 (See full changelog)

• ## V1.4.0b - R8 - External Revision - STEX
  • Fixed the issues with the Auto-updater (Caused by dropbox changing the way public links are formatted)
  • STEX Release of the R/W bug.
  • ## V1.4.0b - R7 - External Revision - STEX/Forum Release (18/03/13)
  • Implemented an Auto-Updater that will keep the Launcher up to date without having to re-download from the STEX.
  • Attempted further fixes for the #ER0/1/2 Bug.
  • Implemented a Quick-Launch Shortcut.
  • Dramatically altered the GUI, now tab sheet based.
  • Implemented 'Auto-Detection' when finding the 'Simcity 4.exe', it searches the parent directory and all sub-directories for the executable - this makes the Launcher a little more forgiving in relation to where it is installed (Still needs to be in the Simcity 4 install directory).
  • Added a donate button for those who wish too.
  • Fixed a bug causing the Launcher to fail remembering the last 'Autosave' option used.
  • Added A 'defaults' button.
  • ## V1.3.5b - R6 - Internal Revision - Unreleased (14-03-13)
  • Implemented an Exeption/Error handling system, SC4Launcher will now create an error log that can be pasted on the forum.
  • ## V1.2.0b - R5 - External Revision - STEX/Forum Release (10-04-13)
  • Implemented an Auto-Save feature with a custom interval.
  • Tweaked UI Slightly.
  • ## V1.0.1b - R4 - External Revision - STEX/Forum Release (08-04-13).
  • Implemented a possible bug-fix that was causing file IO errors within Windows XP SP2/3.
  • Tweaked the UI Slightly.
  • ## V1.0.0b - R3 - External Revision - Forum Release (04-03-13).
  • Added Configuration Save/Load - The options no longer need setting every time the program is launched.
  • Added Auto-Detection to Resolution - The max resolution is automatically detected.
  • Added Auto-Detection to CPU Cores - The Maximum number of Logical Cores is automatically detected.
  • Added OpenGL to the Render Mode Options.
  • ## V1.0.0a - R2 - Internal Revision - Unreleased (03-03-13).
  • Added Resolution Selection.
  • Added Color Depth Selection.
  • Added Logical Core Selection.
  • Added CPU Priority Selection.
  • Added Window Mode Selection.
  • Added Audio On/Off Selection.
  • Added Disable-Intro Option.
  • Added Render Mode Selection (DirectX/Software).
  • ## V1.0.0a - R1 - Internal Revision - Unreleased (03-03-13).
  • Created the initial compatibility fix for high-end AMD/ATI cards. Utilizing Graphics Rules.sgr to force the game to draw when scrolling with AMD-Powered cards, and thus eliminating the graphical glitches.

Lovely idea

Thanks! This will be extremely useful!

long time coming

I would recommend removing the OpenGL option since the OpenGL renderer was unfinished and just doesn't work properly under most circumstances.

Excellent Idea,Well Done ^_^

Great work :D

Great job!  Hopefully this is the answer to most of my troubles with starting simcity

Amazing!

I have never been able to figure out the right settings for SC4 for my computer, so I have become accustomed to squished buildings and what I thought was the right resolution and rendering.

I just installed this launcher thinking, at least I'll like the skip intro option.

When the game opened, the resolution was correct making everything properly proportioned, but more importantly it revealed the stunning detailed work put into every LOT and BAT I've accumulated over the years.

I am amazed that I haven't been able to fully appreciate the beautiful work of BATers until today. Thank you Logic_Bomb. :)

Photo
nathanthemayor
Mar 08, 2013 - 12:05 AM

Great upload!5/5

Well, I never expected this. 5/5

Cool as man! Hopefully it fixes my crashing issues. I had tried the old manual way of changing the cores but it didn't seem to help.

Great stuff mate.

Jdenm8 he should leave the opengl, It the only way I can open SC4 at my full resolution (2560x1440). Mind you I can't play the game with it.

Cheers

Fantastic stuff! Great work! :D

First of all, I have to say that this is an awesome fix that has revitalised gameplay on my widescreen monitor.  5/5!  Excellent.

Just one thing to mention that may or may not be just my set up....

When I click the launch button on the SC4 Launcher it brings up a pop  up box saying: "Error assigning the File Handle. #EC0".  Then I click OK and another message pops up that says "Line 0 Failed to write to file.  Please report this bug. #EC1".  Click OK again and another box pops up, "Failed to close the file Handle. #EC2".  After clicking OK on this box, SimCity 4 loads perfectly.  No problems at all!  I just thought I ought to report what might be a problem.

It would be great if you could add an option for a dedicated user dir path....

Or is that not possible?

rar version wouldn't work for me- tryedtwice- great idea though

First of all, I have to say that this is an awesome fix that has revitalised gameplay on my widescreen monitor.  5/5!  Excellent.

When I click the launch button on the SC4 Launcher it brings up a pop  up box saying: "Error assigning the File Handle. #EC0".  Then I click OK and another message pops up that says "Line 0 Failed to write to file.  Please report this bug. #EC1".  Click OK again and another box pops up, "Failed to close the file Handle. #EC2".  After clicking OK on this box, SimCity 4 loads perfectly.  No problems at all!  I just thought I ought to report what might be a problem.

Thank you for the feedback and the bug report! :) I am fully aware of this bug, as many seem to be experiencing it, I think I have worked out just what is causing it and I am currently working on a fix as we speak!

@Everyone; Thank you so much for the positive feedback, I am currently working on a small update to fix the few bugs that have emerged and I am very happy that the community is benefiting from this software.

Regards,

Logic_

great stuff indeed. one suggestion, can you make a list of possible plugin folders, and pick one to load?

same with me...

Excellent! 5/5!

Other files you may be interested in ..

157 user(s) are online ...

67 members, 89 guests, 0 anonymous users

dauerdaddler, MuriloGamePley20, fitter, CANUCKSFAN93, Lanter, mattwarp, Jataro, moise, Google (1), GermanPerth, janta13, fidocabra, Lelisia, Nexxus126, kev57, DocPo, marco2011, Goldenlj, luke_clarke_92, jleadermaynard, Pizza, Kryz, HyugaHinata, xavifromhell, fixomaniac, Koga, JADsHome, Aperture City, top41, Konsl123, Burlington2014, _sevi150, benneyjoey, timotic, hhanel, davidskip101, Msant, JWillMac51, Amthaak, bb2001, quang, puakenikeni77, Green19, moujahidine, trondacz, Marcinwaldus, _Ceirtii_, Phaz0n, Juggernaut499, KonstantinII, Paris, dhayden, smcp1, LiamNL, atlasws, dhie doank, alexepsilon, YONKO, steve429, Steve604, Gejimayu, TheBlackParade, nsislam, bluepg79, hiroro, bf2playersclub, thebe4t, maksim1409