• Moose

6 Screenshots

About This File

SC4Launcher allows certain settings and stability issues to be set/solved before the game is launched.

The features are as follows:

- Borderless/Seamless Fullscreen Mode.
- Auto-Update Feature to negate the need to constantly check the STEX.
- Quick Launch (Launch instantly with the latest settings).
- Auto-Save Feature with Interval selection.
- Resolution Selection. (Auto-Detected).
- Color Depth Selection.
- Ability to change the number of Logical Cores used. (Auto-Detected).
- Loading & Saving of last used Configuration.
- Ability to set the CPU Priority.
- Render Mode Selection (DirectX, OpenGL or Software).
- Ability to turn audio On or Off.
- Intro Screen/Movie Disable/Enable; and
- The all important Force Draw On Scroll Fix.

- Mod Manager to enable & disable mods on the fly.

The 'Force Draw On Scroll Fix' fixes a compatibility issue that exists between SC4 and AMD cards, the fix utilizes the 'Graphics Rules.sgr' file in order to force SC4 to draw details when scrolling, regardless of AMD/ATI hardware.

Please note: The file within the Zip/RAR Archive is an installer, please run it and point it to the root of your Simcity installation and DO NOT simply add it to you plugins folder.

Bugs: Please report any bugs via PM or the Official thread (Link Below).

Official Thread: http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/54082-simcity-4-launcher-sc4launcher/

What's New in Version 1.5.4b - R12   See Changelog

Released

• ## V1.5.4 - R12 - External Revision - Updater/STEX
  • Fixed some pathing issues.
  • Added refresh button to mods tab.
  • Added the mods folder path to paths tab.
  • Added disabled mods folder path to paths tab.
  • added auto-detect for disabled mods folder.
  • Added manual overrides & autodetect buttons.
  • Created a subreddit for SC4 Launcher https://www.reddit.com/r/sc4launcher/
  • Added a small non-intrusive advert to the about tab.
  • Code refactoring and tidying (needs cont...).
  • General bug-fixes.
  • ## V1.5.0 - R11 - External Revision - Updater
  • Added a Seamless/Borderless Fullscreen Window Mode.
  • Added a 'What's New' Section.
  • Tweaked Code for Compatibility and Efficiency.
  • ## V1.4.1b - R10 - External Revision - STEX
  • Added a Mod-Manager.
  • Added a decent about page.
  • Bug Fixes.
  • Started work on a better Simcity4 discovery module (R11).
  • ## V1.4.0b - R9 - External Revision - STEX
  • Fixed the updater issue (I own a domain now, so should be fixed for good, no more relying on Dropbox).
  • Set-up Subversion system, expect more updates soon! ;)
  • ## V1.4.0b - R8 - External Revision - STEX
  • Fixed the issues with the Auto-updater (Caused by dropbox changing the way public links are formatted)
  • STEX Release of the R/W bug.
  • ## V1.4.0b - R7 - External Revision - STEX/Forum Release (18/03/13)
  • Implemented an Auto-Updater that will keep the Launcher up to date without having to re-download from the STEX.
  • Attempted further fixes for the #ER0/1/2 Bug.
  • Implemented a Quick-Launch Shortcut.
  • Dramatically altered the GUI, now tab sheet based.
  • Implemented 'Auto-Detection' when finding the 'Simcity 4.exe', it searches the parent directory and all sub-directories for the executable - this makes the Launcher a little more forgiving in relation to where it is installed (Still needs to be in the Simcity 4 install directory).
  • Added a donate button for those who wish too.
  • Fixed a bug causing the Launcher to fail remembering the last 'Autosave' option used.
  • Added A 'defaults' button.
  • ## V1.3.5b - R6 - Internal Revision - Unreleased (14-03-13)
  • Implemented an Exeption/Error handling system, SC4Launcher will now create an error log that can be pasted on the forum.
  • ## V1.2.0b - R5 - External Revision - STEX/Forum Release (10-04-13)
  • Implemented an Auto-Save feature with a custom interval.
  • Tweaked UI Slightly.
  • ## V1.0.1b - R4 - External Revision - STEX/Forum Release (08-04-13).
  • Implemented a possible bug-fix that was causing file IO errors within Windows XP SP2/3.
  • Tweaked the UI Slightly.
  • ## V1.0.0b - R3 - External Revision - Forum Release (04-03-13).
  • Added Configuration Save/Load - The options no longer need setting every time the program is launched.
  • Added Auto-Detection to Resolution - The max resolution is automatically detected.
  • Added Auto-Detection to CPU Cores - The Maximum number of Logical Cores is automatically detected.
  • Added OpenGL to the Render Mode Options.
  • ## V1.0.0a - R2 - Internal Revision - Unreleased (03-03-13).
  • Added Resolution Selection.
  • Added Color Depth Selection.
  • Added Logical Core Selection.
  • Added CPU Priority Selection.
  • Added Window Mode Selection.
  • Added Audio On/Off Selection.
  • Added Disable-Intro Option.
  • Added Render Mode Selection (DirectX/Software).
  • ## V1.0.0a - R1 - Internal Revision - Unreleased (03-03-13).
  • Created the initial compatibility fix for high-end AMD/ATI cards. Utilizing Graphics Rules.sgr to force the game to draw when scrolling with AMD-Powered cards, and thus eliminating the graphical glitches.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

umarizal

4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

In Brazilian Portuguese...

Caros amigos, este utilitário é sensacional, pois permite a você escolher vários parâmetros do jogo antes mesmo de iniciá-lo, como trocar resolução, número de núcleos do processador e muito mais. Eu recomendo!

Logic_Bomb likes this

Share this review

Link to review
LexGirl

Nunca pensei que fosse jogar esse jogo em uma resolução de tela maior. Esse launcher é maravilhoso. Baixem sem medo

Share this review

Link to review
UrbanFoxx

Of all the SimCity 4 launch utilities, this one is by far my favorite! It has everything you need to play the game optimally and more. 10/10 would recommend.

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Share this review

Link to review
ydm1223

Share this review

Link to review
bv933738

Share this review

Link to review
tonyr

Share this review

Link to review
Leszczyk

Share this review

Link to review
io_bg

Share this review

Link to review
damo566

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
solent2

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
mitsos

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Vitimus
      If you play SimCity 4 this is a must have full featured Launcher! It will let you to play SimCity 4 on a custom resolution, or play in a window while surfing the web or doing other things in the computer.

Have you ever lost hours of progress due to a crash? Forgot to save?

Never loose you progress again, with the auto save feature.
      Your game will be automatically saved while playing on a chosen interval.
      Play your game in full 1920x1080p on a huge 21" monitor or any other resolution.
      Play in widescreen resolutions.
      Play in full-screen or play in a floating window, no more ALT+TAB.
      Fully configurable.

List of features:

Auto Save Feature - automatically save your game progress while playing. Quick saving - no one have time for long waiting dialogs. Save in a customized interval, you can adjust the interval from 1 to 120 minutes. Log saving events Custom resolution Detect current resolution Color depth Launch game in full-screen or windowed Rendering mode (Software, OpenGL or DirectX) Background Loading Ability to turn Music and Sound On and Off Option to skip the Introduction videos Game pausing Choose a custom game data directory Change Language Change process priority Feature to change number of logical core used. Browse for the location of the game Auto detect game executable on common directories Specify custom parameters Change between 9 background images Random background Option to exit the launcher when the game is launched Option to reset defaults Auto save settings to INI file No dependencies, single executable. Works on Wine (Linux, Mac OSX...) Auto Updater Download Page
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• By madhatter106 · Posted
      Textures and detail work on this, particularly the rooftop patio and pool areas, are really great, and give this BAT lots of life.
      Apartment buildings have long been on my list to tackle BATting, just to add to the variety and compete with all the repetitive Maxis stuff.  With contributions like this, though, I feel like it wouldn't be worth my time, because mattb325 has them covered and done so very, very, very well.  Always a joy to see stuff like this on the STEX.
      A great addition to custom content.  Still goin' strong after all these years, mattb325 continues to amaze me.
    • By PatrickGestner · Posted
      Definitely not the Minocqua, Wisconsin I've known through my life, but nice map anyhow. I do the same with cities if I can't think of a name, I just use something I know.
    • By markussaage · Posted
      Nice BAT, would give 5/5, but attention here, folks!!! The Seaview Apartments model in this download has the same IID as the Cast Iron Lofts model from Don Miguel! So it won't grow the way it should! Needs to be corrected by hand!
  • Recent STEX Comments

• The front of it is pretty much identical to "Cooley Law Stadium" (what Oldsmobile/Lugnuts Stadium is called these days) in Lansing, MI
    • Attention here, folks!!! The Seaview Apartments model in this download has the same IID as the Cast Iron Lofts model from Don Miguel! So it won't grow the way it should!
    • I know it's sized 2x1, but what kind of residential do I need to zone for this to grow? Light, medium, or high density? Or does it not matter? Anyone who can answer I appreciate it.
    • Love your work, but since a handful of files now from different users require offsite files that link to dead links I wish it was a rule here that all dependencies should be on site somehow. Thanks for the reup of the files...
    • I'm still working on the Maxis Vanilla tilesets presentation, but yeah its endless how many amazing artists have contributed to the SC4 repository over the past 14 years.  The problem with the tilesets and with RCI is that there's too much repetition.   I'm going to use for the first time a Maxis blocker that will eliminate all vanilla repetition and reveal whatever user created programming defines.  However, my project is not specific to agriculture.   We'll get back to that later.