• Moose

3 Screenshots

About This File

Hello everyone,

Over time I have received several requests to release some of the lots I created for use in my [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/1902-insulo-and-kaskaskia/"]City Journal[/url]. I have been hesitant to do this because I did not have the time to mod the lots so that they are appropriate for release. Now that I have some time, I have decided to release some of the lots I use. These two lots are intended as parks for an urban area or a Japanese-style city. I originally created these lots for the city of [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/1902/entry-18971-aodai-part-one-exploring-tokukai/"]Tokukai[/url].

Future releases will depend on how much of the files I used for Insulo can be recovered from my old computer.

[size=2]Note: These lots may look better with a grey concrete sidewalk mod, but that is not required.[/size]

[color=#ff0000][b]If you downloaded this file before 3:40 EDT November 20th there is a new version that corrects the menu icon glitch.[/b][/color]
Simply delete the files from your plugins and replace them with the new ones. I apologize for the inconvenience.
The updated package also includes a readme file.

[b]Urban Playground Park[/b]
A 5x2 park with a food truck and tables, concrete planters and benches, a large playground, and various sims.

[color=#808080][size=2]Plop Cost: 400[/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2]Bulldoze Cost: 20[/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2]Running Cost: 50[/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2]Power Consumption: 0[/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2]Water Consumption: 15[/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2]Air Pollution: -20[/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2]Water Pollution: 3[/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2]Park Effect: Yes[/size][/color]

[b]Urban Small Plaza[/b]
A 3x1 plaza with round benches, a newspaper stand, some pigeons, some dogs, and various sims.

[color=#808080][size=2]Plop Cost: 120 [/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2]Bulldoze Cost: 20[/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2]Running Cost: 15[/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2]Power Consumption: 0[/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2]Water Consumption: 10[/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2]Air Pollution: -6[/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2]Water Pollution: 2[/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2]Park Effect: Yes[/size][/color]

[b]Disclaimer[/b]
These are released personal lots, and thus may have errors. Please report any errors you find in the comments section and I will try to address them. However, I am not responsible for any harm resulting from the use of this file. Because it was originally created as a personal lot I made no attempt to minimize the number of dependencies, and will not be reducing them. I think all of the dependencies I've chosen are good to have and several are very widely used.

[b]Dependencies[/b]
Festival of Britain ([url="http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/25429-festival-of-britain-set-maxis-night/"]Maxis Nite[/url] or [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/25430-festival-of-britain-set-darknite/"]Dark Nite[/url])
[url="http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=3074#3074"]Neko Prop Set 2[/url]
[url="http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=3074#3074"]Neko Prop Set 3[/url]
[url="http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=426"]BSC Mega Props Misc. Volume 1[/url]
[url="http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101"]BSC Texture Pack Cycledogg Volume 1[/url]
[url="http://www.toutsimcities.com/downloads.php?view=1780"]Nams Prop Pack 1[/url]
[url="http://www.toutsimcities.com/downloads.php?view=1882"]Nams Prop Pack 2[/url]
[url="http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27064-vip-ruralpack-expansion1/"]VIP Rural Pack Expansion[/url]

What's New in Version 1.01   See Changelog

Released

• Corrected Menu Icon Error
  • Added Readme

J/\CK likes this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

heraldiii

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
bigro

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Krio

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Ferrt

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
DustyAmy

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Jack³

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
requested

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
oyefor

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By skallben
      To the North to be specific. We have mass transit and culture. We have old buildings, and we have alot of rails.
      This city journal will focus on function, infrastructure, public spaces and mass transit. Not the DLC, but real functional mass transit, Scandinavian/Northern european style. I will guide you through the larger urban area after the jet lag has let off. Welcome.

A bit before landing, in the background you see Morstad, where we will spend most of our first tours.

Older part of the urban area, Gamla Stan (Old Town).

Can you spot the rail station? Hint: Walk down the road.
    • By paeng
      Modular Cemetery and Park Walls 205
      Parks 205 AddOn Vol02

This AddOn brings you two small modular sets - Park Walls and Cemetery, both designed to fit seamless into the Parks205 series. They'll help to transition a typical open park into a more closed and quiet cemetery and back to a free flowing park.

Each set contains 7 pieces, all of them 1x1, with various configurations of walls, gates, tombstones, sarks and crypts, some of them with typical path configurations to connect them easily to the rest of the Parks205 series.

DEPENDENCY

Parks 205

DEVELOPER NOTES

All wall- and cemetery items are neutral, no special effects or benefits. You find them in the Parks menu sorted in near the SIDINGS205, with custom icons.

Note that the AddOn contains one further item - an optional replacement for the default cemeteries (all 3 stages). The design is the same like one of the Cemetery205 Fillers, but with the functionality of the default cemetary. So once you are advised that "Your Sims demand a cemetery", you can just bulldoze one of the fillers in your cemetery-layout and plop the replacement tile instead. That way you get the default perks but don't need to change your carefully planned layout.

If you'd rather use the default items (which are kinda large 5x5 lots, and not the prettiest either), you can just remove the cemetery_replacements.dat from the AddOn.

SUPPORT

Should you need support or want to see more images for these items please visit the
      PLEX on the STEX - Community Support

Online Documentation (no longer available)
      and/or the
      Support Thread (no longer available)

* A complete and updated catalog of all PARKS 205 items (PDF) is available in the documentation thread.

Enjoy!
    • By RRetail

These relot files (which is a combination of the commercial relots I've made so far in one download) have been updated and packed together for your convenience into a zipped folder. The previous files have been removed because of this.
      Note that each link below is a dependency if you want my relotted version of it. However, if you only want one of my relots (e.g. Kmart) then you can delete the other files. However, for an odd reason that I don't know how to work around you will need to keep the 4x3 lot version of Tractor Supply for my version to work.
      To plop the Tractor Supply relot, you will need to use the lotplop cheat.
      Walmart (building) is a 11x14 lot Walmart (plaza version) is a 13x14 lot Kmart is a 5x6 lot Tractor Supply is a 4x5 lot Strip Mall is a 7x5 lot Dollar Tree is a 3x3 lot Other Dependencies:
      BSC MEGA Props SG Vol 1 BSC MegaProps JES Vol. 2 BSC MegaProps Kevdan25 Vol. 1 LBT Mega Prop Pack Vol. 1 VIP Carpack vol1 SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures 1.0.1 SHK Parking Pack BSC MegaProps JES Vol. 1 BSC MegaProps JES Vol. 2 BSC MegaProps JES Vol. 8 Mushy's Trailers  (Walmart 90 degrees) (Blank White 90 degrees) (Only needed if you keep the Walmart Plaza Lot) Simgoober's Super Center 2 If you would like the Walmart sign, then you will also need to download Baco's Walmart to access it. All you need is the dignwalmart and walmartsign files.
    • By aldara6166
      The MAPP - the first official download of 2007 - is finally here!!

Are trips to the local mall, or the local zoo and aquarium the only entertainment that you can provide for your Sims? Have your Sims every wanted for something more to do on a long, summer's weekend than just go to the beach?
      Well now you too can provide the fun and entertainment that your Sims so desperately deserve. Introducing the Modular Amusement Park Pack (MAPP) presented by RJM Designs.
      This set is made up of amusement park rides, roller coasters, midway entertainment and more. Currently there are a few amusement park BATs available on the STEX, but this pack draws everything together.[/size]
      So dive right in and create that "dream park" that you have always dreamt of, or re-create your favorite amusement park from the memories of your childhood.
      The MAPP . . . making your Sims' entertainment dreams a reality!
      * NOTE - The MAPP uses the ped-malls that are included in Network Addon Mod to tie all of our custom BATs together. See How to build an Amusement Park in the readme file for instructions.*
      This is the Essentials pack. It includes several custom props, textures, etc. This pack also includes many buildings that you would normally associate as "core buildings" within any amusement park. Without this pack the other packs will not function properly.

Please delete any and all prior versions of all MAPP lots (including the construction lot) prior to installation to avoid conflicts.

Dependancies:
      Porkie Props Vol.1
      BSC Textures Mega Pack
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• @nycsc4 ... This file should only include the texture and lot files - due to copyright reasons I have to link to anything that is not mine (the stadium in this case). I'm not sure what you mean by the "invisible KS file." On the OneDrive, there is a button for KS_AllianzArena 15x12 which once downloaded, will give a *.7z file. If you're using the default windows extractor, it may be a problem (not sure if it can handle 7zip files or not), but something like winrar should unzip it just fine. The .desc and .model files you need will be right there. Let me know if that's not working for you.
    • Hi there, quick question.  I just downloaded this stadium but it doesn't seem to work.  I am missing the "a" and "b" files.  The main download here only includes the texture and lot files.  The one drive only has the invisible "KS" file.  Let me know if you can help.   Thanks.
    • @thirstydeer - welcome to the world of custom content There are 4 tilesets in the game (the game has to be either "SC4 Deluxe" or "SC4" + "Rush Hour" expansion pack, the very basic game won't allow custom content to be used) which you can use to control what types of buildings are grown. The four tilesets are: Houston/New York/Chicago and Euro. If you don't change these settings, as a default, all tilesets are on, and the game builds from one tileset only every 5 game years. By selecting only the Euro tileset, you will give these buildings the greatest chance to grow . There is a little bit of further discussion here: Additionally, to get a 6x6 zone easily in the game, press and hold the CTRL key while zoning the commercial zone to count out a square 6 tiles each side.
    • What exactly do you mean by this: "These are all offered as growable 6x6, stage 1, medium wealth, Commercial Services on the EURO Tileset only."  I'm a pretty basic user of the game and am just starting to dabble with the myriad of custom content available on this site so I want to make sure it'll work for me before I download it.  It truly looks great!
    • If anything it's possible for a river with lots of flow to widen abruptly when the channel shape shifts from deep and narrow to wide and shallow.