• File Descriptor: Parks and Recreation

Previous Versions

• 20 Nov 2012 Download Urban Park and Plaza

Download Urban Park and Plaza 1.01

* * * * * 32 Votes
park urban playground concrete plaza japan japanese

Screenshots
Hello everyone,

Over time I have received several requests to release some of the lots I created for use in my City Journal. I have been hesitant to do this because I did not have the time to mod the lots so that they are appropriate for release. Now that I have some time, I have decided to release some of the lots I use. These two lots are intended as parks for an urban area or a Japanese-style city. I originally created these lots for the city of Tokukai.

Future releases will depend on how much of the files I used for Insulo can be recovered from my old computer.

Note: These lots may look better with a grey concrete sidewalk mod, but that is not required.

If you downloaded this file before 3:40 EDT November 20th there is a new version that corrects the menu icon glitch.
Simply delete the files from your plugins and replace them with the new ones. I apologize for the inconvenience.
The updated package also includes a readme file.

Urban Playground Park
A 5x2 park with a food truck and tables, concrete planters and benches, a large playground, and various sims.

Plop Cost: 400
Bulldoze Cost: 20
Running Cost: 50
Power Consumption: 0
Water Consumption: 15
Air Pollution: -20
Water Pollution: 3
Park Effect: Yes

Urban Small Plaza
A 3x1 plaza with round benches, a newspaper stand, some pigeons, some dogs, and various sims.

Plop Cost: 120
Bulldoze Cost: 20
Running Cost: 15
Power Consumption: 0
Water Consumption: 10
Air Pollution: -6
Water Pollution: 2
Park Effect: Yes

Disclaimer
These are released personal lots, and thus may have errors. Please report any errors you find in the comments section and I will try to address them. However, I am not responsible for any harm resulting from the use of this file. Because it was originally created as a personal lot I made no attempt to minimize the number of dependencies, and will not be reducing them. I think all of the dependencies I've chosen are good to have and several are very widely used.

Dependencies
Festival of Britain (Maxis Nite or Dark Nite)
Neko Prop Set 2
Neko Prop Set 3
BSC Mega Props Misc. Volume 1
BSC Texture Pack Cycledogg Volume 1
Nams Prop Pack 1
Nams Prop Pack 2
VIP Rural Pack Expansion

What's New in Version 1.01 (See full changelog)

• Corrected Menu Icon Error
  • Added Readme

Screenshots

Screenshots Screenshots

Photo
Hazani Pratama
Nov 20, 2012 - 03:29 AM
Nice Parks,thanks for sharing and 5/5!
Photo
RepublicMaster
Nov 20, 2012 - 03:49 AM
Thanks for sharing these look great!
Dependancy-tastic, but deffo worth it. 5/5
Yay Thanks Jon!!
Thank you, this is something I'm going to need. :D 5/5
These are looking good, very detailed, thank you for uploading!
There are some things worth mentioning, though.
First, there's some bug in the parks menu, I'm still trying to locate the cause. When scrolling through the menu, as soon as your lots should appear, the order of the items gets mixed up. Your plaza appears without icon in the menu, and it's titled 'small open grass area'. I can click on it, and build your plaza with no problem though.
Your park on the other hand takes the name of the lot beneath or above it in the menu, depending on the side from which I'm scrolling through the menu. It's hard for me to describe it properly, but I hope you get what I'm tryin to say. The icon of the park seems to be the right one as far as I can tell.

Two minor comments on the lots, the little kiosk on the northern edge of your park really stands out at night. It's like it is always highlighted and really stands out, especially compared to the kiosk you used on the little plaza.
And last but not least, I think it would be an improvement if the props on both lots would appear a little random. Right now, every lot looks the same, and it's hard to use them in vicinity of each other without 'disrupting the illusion'.

Other than that, I really your work. Please don't get me wrong, and I sincerely hope I'm not coming across too harsh. I just wanted to let you know what I think, no harm intended ;)
There was a word missing in my post above... I really dig your work :D
Your plaza actually seems to be missing the menu-images. The entry is there, but it does not contain any visible data. Might this be enough to cause the aforementioned menu mixup?
needs more dependencies

These are looking good, very detailed, thank you for uploading! There are some things worth mentioning, though. First, there's some bug in the parks menu, I'm still trying to locate the cause. When scrolling through the menu, as soon as your lots should appear, the order of the items gets mixed up. Your plaza appears without icon in the menu, and it's titled 'small open grass area'. I can click on it, and build your plaza with no problem though.

Thanks for letting me know, I made a little mistake when adding the custom icons. I have uploaded a new version where the problem is corrected. Just delete the previous version and replace it with the new files. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, I appreciate the feedback. Don't worry about being harsh, I actually really like that you went into that much detail. That kind of feedback is what really helps. I'll try to make sure I vary the props and stuff a bit more in future lots. Also, with regards to the little food truck thing (I think that's what your talking about) being too bright at night, I'm sorry I never really checked these at night because I made them for daytime use and the night on my game doesn't always work for some reason. I unfortunately cannot change the lighting on that prop because it's not mine, so the only solution would be to find another similar prop and replace it, but that changes the dependencies and everything so I think I'm just going to leave it.

Thanks to everyone for the comments and feedback.

-Jon
Thanks for sharing :)
Well Done ^_^
Great work here. Thank you for releasing these. I hope to see some more uploads by you on the STEX.

Other files you may be interested in ..

• 18,694 Total Files
  • 23 Total Categories
  • 2,603 Total Authors
  • 97,262,250 Total Downloads
  • Alstom AGV Latest File
  • airman15 Latest Submitter

107 user(s) are online ...

38 members, 67 guests, 0 anonymous users

ALIFAMIRULAZMI, magnusjolnaes, Isarian, M00kieWils0n, jakis, waerth, AStarfox, Sfabrikan, kiku_199, angus81810, ZeljkoZeXSRB, 956883013, ajisainouta, fishcleaver, Google (2), wongsengwei, semag78, gentaasato, wada199, RS, rein1986, Anubis104, bertontin, Edisonhan, master p rayer, Loltr, yoshikixxx, Hazani Pratama, Toshi747, peegoong, liuyouze1999, wns4216, staufern, tehshizpumpkin, masapuratomi, ferben, buyakasha16, DustyAmy, makuri-otoko