• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submitter

File Information

• Submitted: Nov 19, 2012 - 08:52 AM
  • Last Updated: Nov 19, 2012 - 07:14 PM
  • File Size: 4.59KB
  • Views: 2978
  • Downloads: 215
  • Map Descriptor: Map of Fantasy

Download No Terraforming Challenge

* * * * - 18 Votes

Screenshots
There has been much discussion on the changes that the new Sim City will introduce. Instead of speculating on these changes, imagine that this is the landform you've been assigned: Can you build the city of your dreams according to what we know about the new game?

This is a single city region; 2 X 2 km, the same size that SC5 cities will be. Too many terrain features (such as hills/mountains and water) might prevent you (or if this wasn't a simulation of the new rules: a future neighbour) from building a large downtown core, so this city had to be limited to a river and a bit of texture. Please don't give a low ranking just because it's too small, or too flat.

Here is the challenge. When you are in terraforming mode, at the start of the game, you can add trees...and that is it. Build your city in mayor mode using no terraforming tools, height-changing cheats, or land (terrain) development mods. SC5 will be the first Sim City Game without terrain changing tools (random generation or otherwise). If you want to limit yourself by not using farms or subways or other confirmed Sim City 5 omissions, then go ahead.

This is a zipped file, so you'll have to unzip it before using. Otherwise you would follow the default method of adding a greyscale map to your game: Create a folder (using whatever name you wish) in your Documents/SimCity 4/Regions folder and insert the greyscale bmp jpeg and config bmp into your new folder. After starting the game, load your new region and render it (press Ctrl + Shift + Alt + R; then find the greyscale image you just inserted, highlight it and press okay) and viola, region created.

*Update: It works and it always did. Once rendered, you have to hover over the city and click start a new city.

so your trying to prove a point that it is or is not possible to run a city in sc4 just as you would in the upcoming simcity 2013, i personally always started regions with 1 2x2km when its full, then i expanded,

well i dont care about sc2013 But this dose make a quick 30 minute challenge
Photo
Wilfried Webber
Nov 19, 2012 - 01:00 PM
I like your sense of humor. :)
Photo
A Nonny Moose
Nov 19, 2012 - 01:31 PM
Most intriguing. Rendered perfectly. I'll give it a try and report later, perhaps. For the map: 5/5

I will keep my plugin suite. I have no feel for what lots may be in the new version. Who knows what they've 'swiped'.
Photo
A Nonny Moose
Nov 19, 2012 - 01:35 PM
The render wasn't correct. You need a gray-scale .jpg that matches the config.bmp. After rendering, I got no menus at all and could not get into mayor mode (F2). This clearly needs some fixing. If I could, I would take back my vote.
Photo
content_writer
Nov 19, 2012 - 07:11 PM
I re-uploaded it so that it is a jpeg, but I tested the original download.

I realized that I forgot to take note of a step when I originally performed my testing. After rendering, you have to still click on the city itself to get to work, just like any other region (except it is only a one city region)
Photo
A Nonny Moose
Nov 20, 2012 - 12:49 PM
I also made a newbie mistake by not clicking on the tile to open it. Sorry about that.

The challenge says nothing about the kind of city you can build, so I built one in my style. Details.
thanks

• 18,597 Total Files
  • 23 Total Categories
  • 2,591 Total Authors
  • 95,854,632 Total Downloads
  • Solar Power Plant Overhaul 1.0 Latest File
  • Nikola101 Latest Submitter

279 user(s) are online ...

109 members, 165 guests, 0 anonymous users

shaanisim, Ganho, Suslik, Set666, tet0r, Google (5), redeemed_0828, yottabuyte, Nikola101, N106, H0oT, Ms_Meredith, rebelworks, kk2468, joennis, flatron, Bolos60, eullerE7, james24822, Dublin, warther, tiranosabrio, Mpir, stockslips, onehappymaniac, majikpaul, 360genius, mosquinha, rokoko, jayguum, markche, Dasty77, bobaphatt, sergio357, Sabretooth78, dmitchell37, rickyricon, Koper2007, pippin, israel838, omp, zdzich1111, duntonalice, caesarQ, jacko1144, iulianpojar, RigoBanana, fumblemonkey, apsu2014, Mav12, code1453, Valeron007, simcityfan79, trondacz, Akerbeltz, maksim1409, MaccaAus, nos.17, Allen21, miciakmarek, Tyberius06, LasVenturas13, qinlei100, dido174, Edme, Mack The Finger, Gunal, K.I, dracrafon30, Guynemer, Munk, HyugaHinata, SciFiSancy, CXoL, xeevo, Colipedia, MayorSinistrad, Adzscott, sandstrom71, Natir, cjhall1990, coreyalaurence30, The Architecht, wrig33, farichsnj, JualiRastrez, anukrishna, connelly666, okachan1613, city89, Shambla, ahaha1104, Søren Villadsen, me4ever, joseph.r.johnson4, mpkio2, tatuya56, jankoozimec, thedude83, alexkgmvp, Dmitri Saar, Poland-Phoenix, aaaling, IlyaRemizov, joel4, Johan_91, ellacharmed, magicsummer0210, DonesH, NEWT0N64