• Moose

6 Screenshots

About This File

Old Delaware County Courthouse, by Mattb325.

A request by a fellow simcity player, this building drew its inspiration from historic photos and drawings of the Delaware County Courthouse that once stood in Muncie, Indiana.

Sadly, this eyecatching courthouse with its high victorian 'wedding cake' design and grand side staircases was demolished in the 1960s.

This game asset is offered as reward that DOES NOT replace the original in-game courthouse (nor any other custom lot) and it is offered without the need for pre-existing criteria to be met. It can be placed more than once in a city and can co-exist with the default Maxis courthouse reward if you so wish.

In addition to the benefits of enhanced crime fighting offered by the courthouse, I have modded this building so that it also provides 50 very desirable civic R$$ jobs, has a positive effect on commercial areas, provides a landmark effect, improves the mayor rating and is useful in lifting residential demand caps that hinder city and regional development.

The cost to the monthly city coffers for this government building and all of the benefits it brings is $118.

It sits on a 6x6 lot and is sure to make a grand centerpiece for any small city.

STATS:

Plop Cost: $68,900
Bulldoze Cost: $5,580
Power Consumed: 38 Mwh
Water Consumed: 75 Gallons
Pollution: 2 (air) / 1 (water) / 13 (garbage)
Radius: 2 / 3 / 0
Occupant Groups: Reward, YIMBY, Courthouse

DEPENDENCIES: (note you must be registered with, and logged into, the SC4D Lex to download these)

BSC MEGA Props CP Vol01
BSC MEGA Props CP Vol02
BSC BAT Props Mattb325 Vol02

To install, simply unzip the files into your plugins folder

Thankyou and enjoy.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Tareyu

I have some box into bat

Share this review

Link to review
Ferrt

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
zimmie

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
IljaS

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
guerro28

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Rhône

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
TonkaOne

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/17/2017

Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Sgt Pepper
      Better Images in Description

I have updated my Twin Towers I BATed back in September to bring you a new
      version!

I felt the updated was much needed after finding some time to do so. I feel now they stand as they should
      for SimCity 4's standards.

I'm sure most of us already know about the Twin Towers, what they were, what
      happened to them, etc. They were once great landmarks located in Lower Manhattan, in New York City. They were once the tallest buildings in the city and the state of New York. Standing on top of either tower would give you a feeling of being on Top of the World.

If you'd like to learn more about them, feel free to read their Wikipedia Article for starters. Personally, I find them to be marvels of architecture. I miss them highly, and I hope that they can stand indefinitely in SC4 at least.  

Installation Instructions:

You do not have to demolish any lots. You can either delete the original
      model files from the previous upload and replace them with the new model files,
      or you can simply use the zip file to replace all files at once. The lots are
      exactly the same previously, the only change is the model files.

Stats-

Each tower sits on a 5x5 lot.

Each tower is CO$$$ and provides about 21,000 jobs each.

They are ploppable landmarks only, and are found in the landmarks menu.

Dependencies- None! All added props for these towers are included.

Special thanks to Mattb325 for modding the first version, then doing some more modding work for the new version. Thanks as well goes to T Wrecks and Gn_leugim for their opinions on this.

Images/Screenshots:

I hope you all will enjoy this update! I tried to update the original upload
      and unintentionally deleted it.

-Brandon
    • By NICK97
      Mod Requirement(s):: Cities XXL Community Patch Mod XL Nation Furniture Dependency Pack Game Requirement(s):: Cities XL 2011 Cities XL 2012 Cities XL Platinum Cities XXL  
      Note: This Mod makes game money income easy Only In The Game
    • By RandyE
      No dependencies. All lots are 5x5 ploppables in the Reward menu, available at the start, and are network and transit enabled (capacity: 100)  Maxis lighting.
      This project is inspired by the first version of SimCity (Classic) now called 'Micropolis' developed in the 1980's and released as open source. The 7th preview is an image of a session of playing the Java version of Micropolis that is freely downloadable from github.com.
      In Micropolis there are only three same-sized squares for RCI zoning. I've used the reward system in SC4 to re-lot all 6 of the large commercial office buildings, 2 of the largest high-wealth residential, 1 of the largest high-tech industrial buildings, and 1 agricultural building. All the lots are the same area size like in Micropolis.
      The queries are the same queries used for the buildings as grown in the game.  The associated reward will only be indicated in the reward menu as the item is selected and plopped.
      The lots contain code for both the reward and the replacement building so apparently the lots provide the benefits of the reward as well as the operation of the building. The intent of making these lots is providing access to the buildings so the reward function was not evaluated, but the queries do report capacity usage for the replaced building --no 'goofy stat' for the reward. 
      NOTE:  Residential ploppables may indicate some usage initially, but will quickly degrade to Abandoned Due to Commute Time so are not functional as Residential. 
      Previews of Buildings Featuring Terrain Mods (see Preview and Install.html in zip file)
      Terrain Resources Listed in: Cori's Terrain Shoppe
      Descriptions of the 10, 5x5 Large RCI and 1 Civic Building are included in the zip file:
      The buildings appear in the reward menu with a unique menu icon, the building and reward names.  The Opera House, Farmer's Market and Tourist Trap rewards also appear in the Parks menu.
      • Van Prooijen Trading: Commercial: Convention Center
      • Ong Condos: Residential: Major Art Museum
      • Hurt Enterprise Headquarters: Commercial: Tourist Trap
      • Hogan, Wallace, and White Insurance: Commercial: Resort Hotel
      • Cahalane Communications: Civic: Bureau of Bureaucracy
      • Lind Entertainment: Commercial: Stock Exchange
      • Byall Tower : Residential: Opera House
      • Tubing Facility: Industrial: Advanced Research Center
      • Alvin's Acres: Agriculture: Farmer's Market
      • Pedriana Pharmaceuticals: Commercial: TV Station
      A stage 8 CO§§§ building in the Chicago tileset.  Capacity: 7,103
      I've given this lot project the name MicroProject and made a logo for identifying the lots in the Reward and Parks menus. Each lot appears near the original reward, with a building icon and the logo overlay. The original reward is not replaced. The re-lots are available at the start of a new city.
      Sources:
      Wiki SC4Devotion: http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/
      Wikia SC4: http://simcity.wikia.com/wiki/SimCity_4
    • By Simmer2
      Hello everyone.
      I present you with SM2 Heritage Roundhouse.
      In the past, rail roundhouses were extensively used all over North America as a repair facility for trains, specifically locomotives. They were designed with that characteristic roundish design in order to take less real estate when building a train repair facility. Coupled with a massive turntable, they greatly decreased a rail yard footprint.  There are a few still in operation (very few) and they are mostly used to house old and retired locomotives donated by railway companies. Sort of like a museum for engines. Some have been converted into retail space while keeping the nostalgic feel of days gone past by displaying old engines and equipment on the front of the building.              
      This lot represents months of preparations and lots of specific props making. Together with a detailed and realistic custom base texture, I tried to capture reality as much as possible.
      Vester's latest train engines prop pack fits this lot perfectly due to the many angles he released. Also with the usage of a clever trick, you are now able to pick different textures (companies liveries) from 5 different texture packs he released along the engine prop pack.
      Once you install vester's prop pack you must choose one of his texture colors in order for the locomotives to show properly.
      The lot is 14X14 and is designed to allow either freight and passenger trains to cross the DTR section at the bottom of the lot, the other rail exits/entries will only connect visually and so will the street stubs.
      Plop cost 45,000
      Bulldoze cost 4,500
      Power consumed 190
      Water consumed 120
      Maintenance cost 220/month
      It will also provide 34 jobs.
      You will find it under the rail menu.
      This lot makes use of an extensive array of timed props with multiple angle designs in order to achieve a sort of animation with HD props. There are also many other timed props so that the lot looks livelier throughout the day. Action starts at 7am and keeps going until 6pm (closing time) after that time the lot will look empty because everyone has gone home but for one person and one vehicle, the night security guard on the left lower rail hut area.
      From time to time you may see overlapping timed props, especially at the turntable sequence, this is due to game lag and depending on the speed of your processor you may or may not see it. Wait a few game days and it will correct itself.
      Dependency list.
      BSC - VIP girafe beeches (v1.0)  http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2995
      BSC - VIP Girafe Walnut trees (v1.0) http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3461
      BSC - VIP girafe common spruces (v1.0) http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2945
      BSC - VIP girafe berries (v1.0) http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2888
      BSC - VIP girafe chestnuts (v1.0) http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3049
      BSC - VIP girafe narcissus (v1.0) http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2964
      BSC - VIP girafe sparaxis (v1.0) http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2980
      BSC BAT Props - T1 Vol3.dat http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1764
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol2 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3434
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol3 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3499
      VDK GEVo Props.dat http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3472
      VDK Proppack 3 - GEvo Engine Textures Vol 3E http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3477

I'm including one of the texture packs vester released on the dependency list. However you can choose any of the 5 he made.
      Lot custom texture and timed props exemplars are included.
      A big thank you goes to rivit for creating a single template for vester's out of the ordinary exemplars in order for me to make timed ones. Thank you Ron!
      Also, thank you vester for the engine prop pack and girafe for the ever beautiful trees and greenery models!!
      Enjoy
      Simmer2
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• I followed the steps that came up but in the end there was an error message, "The system cannot find the file specified"
    • In nature, the complex of dance begins with single cells, tropisms, although independently motivated according to the nucleus responding to gravity, tides and light, but gradually all evolution can be seen as a dance of chemicals and forms.  The more complex the dance, the more complex the life-form.   When I watch male and female figure skaters I am stunned by the extreme complexity of coordination of physical, sensory, cognitive and pure ability of flight that my species is capable of.    Dare I say, I am honored to be human.   All our technology and art are just toys compared to the actual material ability of ourselves as conscious physical beings.  As well, in the sciences, male and female have unique cognitive and perceptual abilities that are complimentary and mutually facilitative.  There's no limit to what can be achieved by human beings who know how to dance.
    • The water texture is designed to show dynamic flow, a churning of the water as if an industrial process is taking place.   Its supposed to be clean fresh water, so it would appear more saturated blue with whitecaps.  The texture and saturation also helps to distinguish it as clearly water and matches the tone and texture of the surrounding buildings.   In my texture pack I designed 4 different water textures for different applications of light. Go ahead and feel free to suggest another one, or one you can imagine that might fit better.  Thanks for the feedback.
    • I love, love, LOVE seeing Louisiana BATS in the game. Hope you'll come back soon and upload some more.
    • Because theres no SimCity 3000 section