• Moose

Realistic Night Lighting Mod 1.0

(5.00)    (7 Reviews)

6 Screenshots

About This File

Tired of dull nightlighting, and tiny dots for streetlights?
This mod enhances the night lighting for the game, by giving the lighting in-game a complete overhaul!

Features:
- Brighter lights on buildings at nights
- Streetlights are larger and brighter, they are also a more realistic, orange color as well.

See your cities in a whole new way! :)

* Please note that this mod was made from a series of experiments, and is still in the expiremental stage. This is the first version, and first mod that changes the streetlights, so it does have the following bugs:

- Some tiling can be seen in the street lighting (common in diagonals).
- The street lights could still be even larger and cover more (especially on large roads, but I can't at the moment due to tiling issue, but it will be done in the next version)
Other than that, they are much better than the old, default lights.

To install:
1. Download File
2. copy the .patch file into the paks folder
3. start up the game, switch to any of the night modes and see your cities like you never seen them before!
4. Enjoy!! :)

ViniciusSim likes this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

djawed

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
SimRico

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Hunkboi25

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Asser

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/30/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By rsc204
      Contents

This package contains texture overrides which will add Moonlight's Super Light Asphalt sidewalks to Tram in Street and a Rural GLR set compatible with Magneto's Super Light Asphalt Mod. This mod is designed to be used as an AddOn for Magneto's Super Light Asphalt Mod:
      Although you can use this mod as a stand-alone mod also if you prefer.

The included textures are all Euro versions, both LHD/RHD options can be selected from.
      Load Order

To ensure these files load after the NAM, please ensure you copy the dat files in the zip file into the same folder as Magneto's Super Light Asphalt Mod. For stand alone users, please check the readme for further instructions. Also note it will need to load after any mod that changes the textures of Tram in Streets. Choose only the LHD or RHD file where both exist, and again refer to the readme for more specific instructions.
      Dependencies

NONE

Notes:

Just a quick thank you to Magneto for his work on bringing the Super Light Asphalt mod to so much of the NAM.
      If you are still stuck or have any comments, feel free to comment in my shack on Simtropolis here:
    • By AmiPolizeiFunk
      A. Many roads IRL change names along the way. You can't control where roads change names in C:S, afaik.
      B. "All on" or "All off" sucks. I have thousands of roads. I don't want the auto-generated names. I want to slowly name my roads and only have the ones that I have named be displayed.

Can this kind of stuff be modded?
    • By Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
      SimCity 4 is a really fun game (funniest in the whole series in my opinion) BUT there's just one thing that kinda gets to me. I don't really like how the whole map is a grid and all the cities have to be shaped as squares. I have a whole regions that's supposed to be a country, but I want to draw state-lines/borders around it from the city view (blame my OCD for caring so much about that) 
      I'm just curious, does anyone have a method of doing this?
      What i'm planning on doing is using the sign/label tool and adding a bunch of dashes: '-' around to make it look like a state line, but does anyone think there's a better way of doing this? 
    • By 958517907
      This T21 mod add seasonal trees to the median of AVE-4 avenues (the normal avenues), regardless of their wealth.
      As it's seasonal, it will be more according to seasonal changes, so it's very beautiful.
      Instructions:
      Please put the dat in your \Documents\Sim City 4\Plugins\ folder

Dependencies:
      BSC MEGA Props CP Vol01
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180
      CP Prop Pack 2009a
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2135
      PORKIE PROPS VOL2
      http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/11420-porkie-props-vol2-seasonal-street-trees/
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Nice idea. Should anyone have preferences or favourite buildings they recall, it would certainly help narrow down the total. Especially with the filter list on the Wayback, the accompanying preview images are there at least to give some visual indication for anyone searching. If there really are 10,000 buildings, I guess it's not even worth uploading 10% of them given the likely inconsistencies with quality.
    • It may be worth setting up some kind of "I would like ..." topic .... people can go thru the old exchange and point out to Cori the ones that should be retrieved ... it should end up a more manageable list
    • That could be arranged. But since these are legacy files, I don't think it matters too much either way since credit would be given. If Cori would like to continue uploading these (as intended following Dirk's approval), it may be nice for her to receive the occasional Rep as a by-product reward for retrieving, packaging and uploading them here. With hundreds if not thousands of them, it'd require a mammoth effort after all. (Should the quality of content resemble anything to the old SC4 EA exchange, I'm guessing it's not worth restoring all of them.)
    • Very nice, too bad the Grass Textures dont match my Terrain Mod
    • The appropriate words escape me - this is freaking brilliant!!! You've done some great stuff over the years Rivit (particularly from an Australian bias), but this tool is, well, exemplary. I've been away for some years and have missed a lot, but this one has been a significant highlight as I try to wrangle my old plugin folder into line (which, prior to running this, I thought was in pretty good shape...)