3 Screenshots

About This File

This is a collection of 5 different rock mods in HD resolution (1024x1024) to be used with any HD terrain mod (e.g. Pyrenean & Appalachian Terrain Mods). They can be used with standard definition terrain mods as well, but any tiling will be more visible.

[b]*Note - In order to utilize hd textures you must be rendering in hardware mode, otherwise you may experience a crash to desktop.[/b]

[b][color=#000080]Installation[/color][/b]

Unzip to your plugins folder and choose only one of the 5 files, store the others in a safe place. To avoid conflicts ensure you have no other rock mods installed.

[b][color=#FF0000]Dependencies[/color][/b]

None

[b][color=#000080]Credits[/color][/b]

All textures by shokthrpy.

[b][color=#000080]Support[/color][/b]

If you encounter any problems please visit my BAT thread at [url="http://www.simpeg.com/forum/index.php?topic=9391.0"]http://www.simpeg.co...hp?topic=9391.0[/url]

1 person likes this

User Feedback

fiver

Share this review

Link to review
Krony

Share this review

Link to review
AuroraSpirit

Share this review

Link to review
Vlasopulos

Share this review

Link to review
AWSOME12

Share this review

Link to review
Huston

Share this review

Link to review
skykrl80

Share this review

Link to review
zendark2012

Share this review

Link to review
paeng

Share this review

Link to review
Jack_wilds

Share this review

Link to review
Razzion

Share this review

Link to review
SimCoug

Share this review

Link to review
Kiiroitori

Share this review

Link to review
dohraymii

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Share this review

Link to review
C.Scott

Share this review

Link to review
JayStimson

Share this review

Link to review
Amthaak

Share this review

Link to review
Oliver Lock

Share this review

Link to review
Aaron Graham

Share this review

Link to review
RedScope53

Share this review

Link to review
mattijai

Share this review

Link to review
nosferatu247

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

An appeal for your support: Help us keep the STEX up and running

11/06/2015

Hi Community, this is a public appeal for help to keep the STEX up and running! We currently need your help to offset some of our operational costs and upgrades! As you know, we've always relied on community donations to help keep the website running. And while all our admins and moderators volunteer their time to managing the site and community, we do have modest expenses that we need to cover each month which includes our server hosting fees, software and support licenses, etc. So lately, we've experienced a slump with donations and we're beginning to feel the pinch! We would really appreciate your support by way of a donation of any amount in order to keep the site up and running. Of course, as always, we'll send you a gift with a minimum donation as a Thank You. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me!  Sincerely; Dirktator & The Admins PS. Thank you to those who have stepped up and donated the last couple weeks -- we really appreciate it!
    • Dirktator

Updates in progress... Please stand by...

01/22/2016

We're still in the middle of updating things, please bear with us! Some things may appear strange or not quite working right - we're working on it!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• BATs by Bipin: Skylines Edition
      By Bipin
      4/27/2016 - I've uploaded several new signs; chevrons and exit signs! Go check them out! - I've updated the releases section. It should now be easier to find all of my downloads. Releases
      Spoiler American Roadsigns All signs/first set of signs. Second set of signs (double gantries). *NEW* Third set of signs (chevrons and exit gore signs). Make your own signage! Highway Essentials - Chevrons and Exit signs (tomorrow)! Work In Progress
      Spoiler American Roadsigns  (Small exit signs, chevrons, barriers and more)! Highway (quay) Retaining Walls Generic Grungy Industry  

• Can't get it right with Mods!
      By PhillyB
      Greetings,
      I've been playing SimCity 5 for some time, but never paid to much attention to game mods until I realize, or think I did, of how simple they are to "Install". Apparently, I didn't get how to make them work! I've downloaded loads of them but never worked 100%! Either the roads (UDoN) have glitches and are always dirt roads, expanded map (Orion) does get extended, but can't build nothing outside the normal city boundaries, Ploppable GW included and a few more...
      I don't have the original game, is that why? Am I using the wrong mods? Wich ones I must have in order to do the basic at least?
      Thank You for Your help!
    • Judazzz' C:SL Goodies - Ultimate Eyecandy released!
      By Judazzz
      Hey guys,
      I've  been enjoying Cities: Skylines basically since release day, immensely helped by all the awesome stuff the community created, and felt that after so much taking, it was time for a little giving.
      In real life I'm a front-end/C# developer, and in my free time I love to travel and run riot with my camera (and again web developing: recently my travel website went live, a labor of love/vitriolic hatred of 10 years). With that in mind, it's not surprising I ended up creating a mod that goes right after the aesthetics. The result: Ultimate Eyecandy *tadaaaa*

Some more action photo's.

Addendum April 4th, 2016:

I'm making slow but steady progress, not in the least by deciding to ditch a couple of features on my wishlist for a later stage
      Most important for the time being is to create a stable and robust base to which future features can be added. What remains are basically the features that are visible in the various screenshots.
      ETA for v1.0.0: for the time being unknown.

Wish list (not to be confused with a to-do lost - these are features I'd love to add, but not sure how feasible they are):

- setting to turn on/off building night lights at will, without messing with the actual simulation (based on what I've found so far, the two seem rather intertwined).
      - color picker to change the fog color;
      - color picker to change air pollution color;
      - slider to change the strength of 'ground wetness';
      - LUT Creator: apply various settings to a neutral LUT (color channels, brightness, contrast, lightness, etc.) and export/upload the result as a custom LUT;
      - a modular set-up: this mod will be the core, and other graphics-related mods can be integrated as 'plug-ins', each with a menu item/tab of their own. Think (orphaned) mods like Dynamic Resolution, BorderCities and/or Ambient Occlusion;
      - who knows what else I'll come up with (feel free to make suggestions!)

For who is this mod:
      - modelers that want to take screenshots of their assets in every imaginable weather/ambient condition;
      - players that like to have control over the environment when making Let's Plays;
      - players that love to have a more artistic/photographic approach to taking screenshots;
      - players that like to watch their city in different conditions without having to wait (for example until the game finally decides to let it rain);
      - anyone else

Thank you:
      - Boformer, BloodyPenguin and SamsamTS for making their mods publicly available on Github: I learned tons by just studying their mods;
      - AJ3D for helping me to get started and taking my first baby steps in the wonderful world of CSL modding!

If anyone has questions, suggestions, comments or remarks, don't hesitate to let me know! After all, this mod will be for y'alls!
    • Mod that Imports Real-World Tree Cover
      By madtony26
      I am working on a mod for the Map Editor that allows the user to import real-world tree cover using a bounding box similar to that used in terrain.party. 
      This mod will connect directly to the a Web API image server and automatically import the tree cover within the provided lat/long bounding box.
      The Earth's tree-cover can be browsed with a viewer at http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?url=http%3A%2F%2Fec2-50-18-182-188.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com%3A6080%2Farcgis%2Frest%2Fservices%2FTreeCover2000%2FImageServer&source=sd
      An early copy of the source is located at https://github.com/madtony26/TreeMapper
      Below is an example of the tree cover in Frankfort, KY:

... and the resulting forestry imported into the game:

Here's what it looks like while importing trees into a flat map..

The importing process finishes almost instantly, but it can take several minutes for the game to update the Forest resource, which is somehow blocking the trees from rendering to the screen. I'm still working on understanding how that happens behind the scenes to speed things up (but even with the waiting, it's still faster than painstakingly planting the trees yourself. 
      The density will be configurable. The following was imported using three trees per pixel from the image server, which looked great in the game. The trees were randomly placed near the pixel location, and the randomness will be configurable.

The imported trees can also be used as a guideline for lining things up as they are in the real world. For example, the following interchange was easily replicated using the trees around it as a reference. Also, the highway path was easily traceable through the forest in the upper-right corner (below). The river that you can see in some of the pictures flowed nicely through a gap that could be seen in the tree coverage.

I'm thinking about using Tree Mapper as the title.
      Some things I'm still working on before I can release the mod..
      1. Speeding up rendering the trees after they are first imported. The import happens quickly, but for some reason, they are not drawn until the forestry resource is calculated, which takes several minutes after the import.
      2. Tree selection. Right now, it's hard-coded to use the tree you see in the images above. This will probably just be a simple drop-down selection.
      3. Accuracy. Right now, the coordinate system doesn't match up perfectly with the terrain.party coordinate system. I read somewhere that the terrain.party author had some issues with higher elevation coordinates being off. To mitigate this, the user can provide an x-scale and y-scale that will stretch the imported trees to line up with the terrain.party terrain.
      4. GUI polishing. Right now, it's pretty rigid. I want to get everything else working and clean up the user interface last. Need to add tree limit warnings.
      Development slowed down a lot, since I got distracted playing my Frankfort, KY map that I imported! The game is fun and will suck you in like that!
      I'll try to publish more updates and screenshots as I go.
      Lastly, any test cases/requests for cities to import tree coverage and terrain? I'd like to see how it will handle interesting cities that users would like to build on.
    • IRM - Industrial Revolution Mod with BOXES/missing buildings
      By wournos
      I recently installed the IRM on my PC. First I went through the entire list of 13 dependencies (14 counting the optional one) to make sure I had the correct ones (I believe I do). I installed them all on my PC, which is not the computer I use for game play, so the Plugin folder was empty except for NAM. I started a new city as recommended to test things. This didn't go well as I need to test I-HT and a new city doesn't have the people with the right IQ for this.
      So... copied all dependencies, placed them in their rightful place in my MAC Plugin folder (that hosts 115 addons), and added the IRM. I opened an existing city with I-HT, bulldozed an area, re-zoned and let the game run. Lo and behold a 3x2 I-HT popped up with a brown box. A stage 1 building called Kane Tiberium. I went through my folder and quickly noticed the IRM Dummy Building model file was missing in the root of the folder system. I logged out, added the file and logged back in. The box is now gone - as is the building that is supposed to be there. I see the lot just fine, with props and stuff, but no actual building.
      Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, how did you solve it?

• Newest Uploads