• Moose

3 Screenshots

About This File

This is a collection of 5 different rock mods in HD resolution (1024x1024) to be used with any HD terrain mod (e.g. Pyrenean & Appalachian Terrain Mods). They can be used with standard definition terrain mods as well, but any tiling will be more visible.

Note - In order to utilize hd textures you must be rendering in hardware mode, otherwise you may experience a crash to desktop.

Installation
Unzip to your plugins folder and choose only one of the 5 files, store the others in a safe place. To avoid conflicts ensure you have no other rock mods installed.

Dependencies
None

Credits
All textures by shokthrpy.

Support
If you encounter any problems please visit my BAT thread at (Mod Edit: Link removed, SimPeg is no longer there :()... for support, please ask in the SC4 Bugs and Technical Issues thread, where someone should be able to help you.

2 people like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Salva1914

The Best Rock. Thanks!!!

Share this review

Link to review
fiver

Share this review

Link to review
Krony

Share this review

Link to review
AuroraSpirit

Share this review

Link to review
Vlasopulos

Share this review

Link to review
AWSOME12

Share this review

Link to review
Huston

Share this review

Link to review
skykrl80

Share this review

Link to review
zendark2012

Share this review

Link to review
paeng

Share this review

Link to review
Jack_wilds

Share this review

Link to review
Razzion

Share this review

Link to review
SimCoug

Share this review

Link to review
Kiiroitori

Share this review

Link to review
dohraymii

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Share this review

Link to review
C.Scott

Share this review

Link to review
Bluthlucidity

Share this review

Link to review
JayStimson

Share this review

Link to review
Amthaak

Share this review

Link to review
Oliver Lock

Share this review

Link to review
Aaron Graham

Share this review

Link to review
RedScope53

Share this review

Link to review
mattijai

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

02/21/2017

Looking for your help! We have a real and urgent need for your donations for this month as of this writing we're almost half way to our monthly target!  Please help us with any donation you can make! Lately, we've been feeling a big pinch with a slump in donations, and we're hoping to drive that up so we can continue to keep the site running. In return for your donation, we're offering several STEX Collection Discs which you can learn more about here, if you wish to receive one. We would really appreciate your support by way of a donation of any amount in order to keep the site up and running. Of course, as always, we'll send you a gift with a minimum donation as a Thank You. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me!  Donate Any Amount Here To Receive a STEX Disc(s) Donate a Specific Amount Here Sincerely; Dirktator & The Admins PS. Thank you to those who have stepped up and donated -- we really appreciate it!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Exurbanite
      Hey all, this is my first time posting on the C:S forum. Being an architecture student and urban design enthusiast, I have come to love this game and the fruits of its massive modding community. I've decided to dive into asset creation myself a couple weeks ago by learning Blender and model importation into C:S with the ultimate goal of creating a collection of "Main Street"-style American storefront assets.
      After a frustrating week and a half, I successfully uploaded a test model with a diffuse texture a couple days ago into the asset editor. Following tutorials on YouTube and elsewhere, I created a diffuse map via baking, but as you all can see (and I have later found out) this method should only be used for making LODs as the quality in game is pretty bad. Ideally, the model should be textured like this.
      Right now I'm kind of at a loss of what to do next in order to create an acceptable texture map for my first building. My question is how would I make a quality textured UV map in Blender that can be exported directly into the game? Another way to phrase this question is what is the procedure for creating finished UV maps such as these from the author Avanya? Or am I forced to export the UV layouts to gimp/photoshop and texture them there? I know there are many skilled authors with knowledge of Blender modeling and texturing that frequent here, so I ask if at least one could guide me through this rough patch; it would be massively appreciated. 
      Here's a pic of my model's untextured uv map in Blender. What should be my next move?
      Thanks in advance, If I can figure out how to remedy this issue I look forward to contributing to the C:S community.       
    • By Maxlmantis
      Maybe someone can help me? 

i have the ressources shown on my map, i tried to put buildings to gather them but it says "no ressources found" 
      i even tried to drag the roads further because its said in the readme of the mod that the ressources spread 2x1 to the original point
      i dont get it^^

pls help!

• By MissVanleider
      Hello.
      My question is quick and easy with a long buildup. Question bit is below in bold for any people expert enough to have a crack at answering with minimal information

I have in the past used the below guide to edit the parameters of my terrain mod, which is fantastic as without this guide i would be lost!
      In the guide, @blunder states the below:
      "2.  MaxNormalYForCliff.  Max what for what?  This is the variable that controls whether or not the texture you see on each tile comes from your rock mod or your terrain mod.  The LOWER this variable is, the STEEPER your terrain must be before it is given rock texture instead of terrain texture.  This may sound counter-intuitive but it's because a 'normal' -like in the variable name- is a vector orthogonal to the tangent plane of a surface and... ok never mind i'll just tell you what you should do with this.
      If you use a 15m Diagonal Jagged Edges Mod (DJEM)and you are perfectly happy with that, you can set this to .77 and just walk away.  If you aren't familiar with a DJEM, it makes the terrain 'snap' to a nice line when making diagonal cliffs of a certain height; very useful for sunken highways and raised transit networks.  If you want to use a DJEM for 7.5m overpasses if and when the NAM team manages to fully implement that system then the value you want is .95.  Please note however that this comes with a huge trade-off where even the gentlest of slopes will become entirely rocky.  Not recommended unless you're building on a map that is flat as Holland.
      Also note that just using .77 (the 15m DJEM value) does not look the best on hilly and mountain areas.  It creates inconsistency in where the rocks appear and makes your terrain look weird; especially mountains.  So for mountain areas i like to use something between .60 and .65.  It really depends on the specific geology of your map."
      //quote

I set my value to .77 which indeed works brilliantly for retaining walls / reducing the jagged edge effect but the rocks do tend to appear everywhere as mentioned and making my attempts at nature look totally horrid.
      If i change the value to .60 for my exisiting, developed tiles and then load the tiles, will this work or break my save? - I ask because i first edited the values first time before starting work in a region and after i break it, it will be too late
      Edit:
      Gave it a go. World appears to be still on its axis and cliffs look nicer. Mods, if you can kill this post, please do so.
    • By fredinno
      You saw the title.

It seems I have another mod problem, this time, with a BSC mod (!)
      The budget menu fails to show up.

• By Kliekie
      So recently I started working on a new mod: Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles.
      It's a building on the top of a mountain, looking over the Griffith Park. The front side is normal height on the ground level, but the back of the building goes lower and lower into the mountain, as can be seen on this image: 

So right now I'm testing the model in game to see what's the best way to get the back part looking like that, I figured with ingame terraforming I could get a lot done. if I make the grid smaller than the actual building terraforming should not be a problem. I do however bumped into an other problem which I just completely forgot. Everything below ground level will have a dirt texture on it.

How would you guys solve this problem? Is that dirt texture removable? and is there a way to make sharper mountains, just to make sure no ground will be poking trough the model anywhere?
      Thank you in advance.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Just downloaded, looks really good.  The creative output of user content creators on this site over the past month or so is unbelievable.  EA should just hand SC4 over to the ST Community and we'll re-commercial-market the game from here.   __________________________________________________________ I'm editing in after installation of MN landmark version.   Excellent building, understanding its a corner lot, interesting windows, the reflections also look like interior view, but no lights on in the top floor?     
    • Were is the file for it its only the screen shot I would like to install this to my maps.
    • WAY too expensive.  Otherwise great.  
    • I'm finally getting back to this lot, and now starting to make at least 3 different variations taking from ideas presented here.  Not sure if the lot can be made 2x2 and still work as the same growable,  but if there's a tweak I need to make, please let me know as I would like to add some ground area to the lot. I don't have an SC4Desc file for it, but I'm now re-lotting this re-lot, so yes, some parking and a gas station added will go into 1 of a few new variations, Thanks for the input.   It will be a 2x2, if I can get 2x2 working the same as a growable.  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks to the more advanced content creators above for suggestions.   Whatever I come up with, as mentioned, I have to keep in mind how often this lot shows up and find a way to make that repetitiveness look good in-game --It does work as a blvd with the overdose of big trees, but that's all so far.
    • uggh, i'm confused. I installed this because I want a bus stop on road but I can't find the tile on the menu bar. Does it appear in form of ploppable "bus stop" (but can be done in top of road) or "road tiles with bus stop"?