• Moose

WASD camera movement 1.1

(4.38)    (13 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

This mod is an Auto Hotkey™ script, that essentially makes the WASD behave like the Arrow keys. This allows you to use the WASD keys to move the camera. Turning the camera works as well.

What's New in Version 1.1   See Changelog

Released

• Changed the script so that ScrollLock suspends the script so you can use WASD to type, for instance when you create a new city or Alt tab into Windows. ScrollLock also unsuspends the script again, usable in-game.

User Feedback

WASD always has had the same properties as the arrow keys. I do ask, why would I change to WASD when I already can use arrow keys or my mouse/pad? Sorry, but is seems a bit redundant to me.

Share this comment

You gave this guy a vote of one for something you wouldn't even use? I think this is one of the best mods for Cities yet. I always mash the WSAD keys before I realise it and then grunt about why they chose to use the arrows instead of the WSAD keys. This mod is so sweet to the fingers. It's a 5 star!!!
1 person likes this

Share this comment

A little addition: If you run the script, bear in mind that when you want to type the w, a, s or d letters (for instance when creating a new city), it won't work cause it's using the arrow keys for those four letters.
To solve this simply rightclick the AutoHotkey icon in your taskbar and click Suspend Hotkeys (icon turns into an S). Once done typing and you want to reactivate it, click Suspend Hotkeys again (icon turns back into an H).

Share this comment

In relation to my message: Changed the script so that ScrollLock suspends and unsuspends the script whenever you need WASD to type (when creating a city for instance)

Share this comment

[quote name='Paperclips' timestamp='1319989961']
Inspired by the Minecraft mobility controls? :P
[/quote]

No. WASD movement has been around since at least the mid-1980s.

Share this comment