• Moose

Network Addon Mod for Windows INSTALLER Version 35 (Offsite Link)

(4.88)    (1,065 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

The Network Addon Mod (NAM) combines all transportation network-related fixes, additions and new creations that have been released so far. It will add countless new features to the existing network tools, such as new overpasses, highway onramps, intersections, ped-malls, a ground light rail network, roundabouts and turning lanes.

This is the Windows version of the Network Addon Mod, featuring an installer.  A Mac version is available here.

NOTE: Due to some technical issues, the file is not directly hosted on the Simtropolis server.  The download button presently will take you to an off-site, registration-free mirror at ModDB, which can also be accessed here.  We hope to have the file available directly through the STEX again shortly, and apologize for any temporary inconvenience.

Installing over previous versions: NAM 35 should be installed directly over top of any previous NAM releases, to ensure that your previous installation options are retained.  A clean install is not recommended.  For more information, see here.

Tech Support: Since NAM 35 is now the most recent release, technical support for NAM 34 and earlier is no longer available.

Special Thanks: The NAM Team would like to extend its sincere thanks to all the members of the community for their continued support over the past 12 1/2 years the mod has existed.

What's New in Version Version 35 (Offsite Link)   See Changelog

Released

New features in Version 35--November 5, 2016

• New RealRailway (RRW) FlexTrack functionality, including draggable Fractional Angle Railroads (FARR) at three angles (FA-2, FA-3, and FA-1.33/1.5) and improved Single-Track Rail (STR) support.
  • Vastly improved adjacency stability for ramp-style RealHighway (RHW) FLEX Height Transitions, including many adjacencies with FLEXRamps and Draggable Ramp Interfaces (DRIs).
  • Several new draggable NWM transitions: NRD-4-to-ARD-3, NRD-4-to-Avenue, NRD-4-to-TLA-5, NRD-4-to-RD-4, Road-to-RD-4, TLA-3-to-Avenue, TLA-3-to-TLA-5, AVE-2-to-TLA-5, AVE-2-to-Avenue, TLA-7/AVE-6-to-Dual-OWR-3, OWR-4-to-RHW-8S, OWR-5-to-RHW-10S, and OWR-1-to-MIS. These transitions can either be built through the stub method, or (in case of different base networks), direct connection.
  • At-grade intersection support for the Road, OWR, and Avenue Viaducts, plus other stability and cosmetic improvements.
  • Multi-Radius Curve (MRC) functionality added to the L1 and L2 RHW-2.
  • A number of path fixes involving elevated RHW networks.
  • Support for at-grade RHW-4 x Avenue, RHW-3 x Avenue and MIS x Street intersections (OxO only), as well as improvements and additions to RHW-2 and MIS diagonal intersections with Maxis surface networks.
  • Proper P57-era RHW support for Moonlinght's Alternate El-Rail and Bullet Train (Shinkansen) mods.
  • Various fixes to the Maxis Highway Override (MHO), including improved RealRailway (RRW) support, support for moonlinght's Alternate El-Rail and Bullet Train, and Level Bridges for both L0 and L2 MHO networks.
  • Re-implementation of some multi-tile RHW and NWM starter pieces, to improve stability in preparation for future additions. Legacy code has been added to provide stability to older, unconverted starters.

User Feedback

[quote name='iMetropolis' timestamp='1316908944']
So imma sound like a r*tard here so do I need to delete my current NAM that I have now and install this? Or can I just leave the NAM I have and it will get overwritten in my files? Sorry if this a painfully r*tarded question. [img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/45.gif[/img]
[/quote]

read the readme

Share this comment

[quote name='Xtrapolis' timestamp='1316914388']
My EL train doesnt work:angry:
[/quote]

If you're running a Left-Hand Drive copy of the game, please ensure that you've installed the NAM LHD Plugin and do not have any outdated NAM files floating around your Plugins folder. If you need additional help, please see the [b][url=http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/topic/36076-nam-general-discussion-and-support-thread-2nd-edition/]NAM General Discussion and Support thread[/url][/b] in the Modding-Transit Networks forum.

Share this comment

AWESOME, JUST PLAIN AWESOME, THE UPGRADES ARE 1ST CLASS, AS ALWAYS, KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK.......AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH YOUR HARD WORK IS VERY APPRECIATED..

lapacifica likes this

Share this comment

[quote name='NAM Team' timestamp='1316914951']
[quote name='Xtrapolis' timestamp='1316914388']My EL train doesnt work:angry:[/quote]If you're running a Left-Hand Drive copy of the game, please ensure that you've installed the NAM LHD Plugin and do not have any outdated NAM files floating around your Plugins folder. If you need additional help, please see the [b][url=http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/topic/36076-nam-general-discussion-and-support-thread-2nd-edition/]NAM General Discussion and Support thread[/url][/b] in the Modding-Transit Networks forum.
[/quote]
basically read what it says and not click next>next>install>finished>close readme

Share this comment

The [url="http://www.moddb.com/mods/network-addon-mod/downloads/network-addon-mod-version-30-macos-version/"]Mac version is available on ModDB[/url]... [i]NAM Team[/i] still need to link it to the STEX. This is the [url="http://www.moddb.com/mods/network-addon-mod/"]NAM homepage[/url] over there. But they haven't uploaded the NWM?

But anyway, I send my thanks to the NAM Team on such a great job, and I look forward to future versions! [img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/9.gif[/img]

Share this comment

[quote name='dingin' timestamp='1316932787']
where is the mac version of nam?
[/quote]

See [b][url=http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/21373-network-addon-mod-for-mac/]here[/url][/b].

[quote name='DAB_City' timestamp='1316935930']
The [url="http://www.moddb.com/mods/network-addon-mod/downloads/network-addon-mod-version-30-macos-version/"]Mac version is available on ModDB[/url]... [i]NAM Team[/i] still need to link it to the STEX. This is the [url="http://www.moddb.com/mods/network-addon-mod/"]NAM homepage[/url] over there. But they haven't uploaded the NWM?But anyway, I send my thanks to the NAM Team on such a great job, and I look forward to future versions! [img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/9.gif[/img]
[/quote]

We have linked it to the STEX . . . updated the old upload with the download links and dummy file. Even without seeing that, downloading the dummy file or going to ModDB will quickly lead you to the Mac version. ;)

The NWM hasn't made it to ModDB yet mainly as both the Windows and MacOS versions fit comfortably within the 20MB STEX limit. As such, I've updated the NWM files on the STEX, and they're hosted on-site. It'll take a day or two for it to pop up on ModDB--that site has an approval process that typically takes about 24-36 hours.

Share this comment

[quote name='mevr.lis' timestamp='1316942870']
This is great, but OMG IT DOESN'T WORK?
[/quote]

Please be more specific. "OMG IT DOESN'T WORK" does not give us any idea as to what exactly your issue is. If you're running the "original" SimCity 4 (not Deluxe and/or Rush Hour Expansion Pack installed), the NAM is not compatible with that version, as per the documentation.

Share this comment

This is my first time really using NAM and I have a highway texture restyling. This one, to be exact:

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/20509-highway-restyling-mod-asphalt-texture-set-complete/

The NAM highways do not comply with this, and the NAM parts only show up in the original Maxis grey, not the black asphalt. I don't know what I should do if there is something to make the NAM the black asphalt or not. Otherwise, I will just have to find the black asphalt in my plug ins and remove it and go back to the Maxis grey
rebel1804 likes this

Share this comment

I have a serious problem.
It says there is an error extracting the file after the screen with the NAM choices in the installation.

Please help!

Share this comment

[quote name='davidkopravitko' timestamp='1316997810']
I installed this new NAM and all my water VANISHED!!! Where is problem? Can somebody helps me please? :O
[/quote]

Uninstall the Diagonal bridge Enabler.

Share this comment

[quote name='Tarkus' timestamp='1316968799']
[quote name='mevr.lis' timestamp='1316942870']
This is great, but OMG IT DOESN'T WORK?
[/quote]

Please be more specific. "OMG IT DOESN'T WORK" does not give us any idea as to what exactly your issue is. If you're running the "original" SimCity 4 (not Deluxe and/or Rush Hour Expansion Pack installed), the NAM is not compatible with that version, as per the documentation.
[/quote]

The problem is that if I download this I only get a picture of my internet browser, with this link: [url="file:///C:/Users/Lis/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_NAM%20and%20RHW%20Download%20Links%20for%20STEX%20Users%20(5).zip/NAM%20Download%20Links%20for%20STEX%20Users.html"]file:///C:/Users/Lis/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp1_NAM%20and%20RHW%20Download%20Links%20for%20STEX%20Users%20(5).zip/NAM%20Download%20Links%20for%20STEX%20Users.html[/url]

I really don't know what to do now?

Share this comment

Did this remove support for the High Speed Rail Project? I have deleted and reinstalled the HSRP files to no success.

Share this comment