Network Addon Mod for Windows INSTALLER Version 34

(4.84)    (1,066 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

The Network Addon Mod (NAM) combines all transportation network-related fixes, additions and new creations that have been released so far. It will add countless new features to the existing network tools, such as new overpasses, highway onramps, intersections, ped-malls, a ground light rail network, roundabouts and turning lanes.

New features in Version 34--December 25, 2015

• The Tram-in-Avenue (TiA), Tram-in-Road (TiR), Tram-on-Road (ToR), and Tram-on-Street (ToS) dual networks are now partially draggable. To activate the dual networks, click the Elevated Rail tool over Avenue for TiA, the Elevated Rail tool over Road for TiR, the Rail tool for ToR, and the Elevated Rail tool on Street for ToS.
  • Elevated RealHighway (RHW) networks and draggable Elevated Road, One-Way Road, and Avenue Viaducts can now form overpasses over Tram-in-Avenue, Tram-in-Road, Tram-on-Road, and Tram-on-Street dual networks. Simply drag the crossing network up to the edge of the Tram Dual-Network to form a stub, and begin dragging from stub on the other side of the Tram Dual-Network to continue the network. Some support for networks besides RHWs and the Road Viaducts has also been added, using similar means.
  • RealHighway crossings over Network Widening Mod networks are now vastly more stable.
  • Multi-Radius Curves (MRCs) for the Road network have been added in draggable form, in four different radii (R1-R4).
  • Signalized intersections for One-Way Roads are now possible in the initial phase of the OWR Signalization and Turn Arrow Project (SITAP), complete with turn arrows before the intersection . These signals cannot automatically appear, due to the game's handling of One-Way Road mechanics, but can be activated by transitioning from One-Way Road to Road just before the intersection. For intersections between two One-Way Roads, it is necessary to click over the resultant 90-degree Road bend with the One-Way Road tool. +-intersections and T-intersections between One-Way Roads and Roads, One-Way Roads, Avenues, and +-intersections (no T-intersections) with single-tile Road-based NWM networks (TLA-3, AVE-2, ARD-3, NRD-4) are available.
  • 7 new bridges by eggman121 have been added, including the first-ever NWM bridges for the RD-4 and RD-6 networks, plus a new RHW-4 bridge, and four RealRailway (RRW) bridges.
  • FLEX On-Slope Transitions for the Elevated Road, One-Way Road, and Avenue Viaducts have been improved to support tighter situations, where a network is directly below the elevated end of the transition.
  • Many Elevated RHW base network features now show preview textures.
  • An issue with High Speed Rail crossings over wider ground-level RHW networks has been addressed.
  • An issue preventing the proper override of the ramp interfaces on L1 RHW QuickChanges has been fixed. Some clickaround may still be necessary to force the overrides to continue.

• Mac users: Support for Mac OS X is presently on hiatus, in part due to changes Apple made to the latest version of OS X, El Capitan (10.11), and other issues reported by OS X users.  We are waiting to find a suitable solution before a Mac package is again made available.  NAM 32.1 will remain available for Mac users in the interim, but with NAM 32's Windows release no longer being supported, support for NAM 32.1 will be extremely limited.
  • Installing over previous versions: NAM 34 may be installed directly over top of any previous NAM releases. It is a full release, not a patch or a hotfix. All future updates are planned to be in full package form, and there are no plans to issue patches or hotfixes in the future. Please also note that the NAM Team only provides technical support for the most recent version, which, as of this document, is NAM 34. We cannot assist users of the NAM 33 or earlier.
  • Special Thanks: The NAM Team would like to extend its sincere thanks to all the members of the community for their continued support over the past 11 years the mod has existed.

• This is the Windows version of the Network Addon Mod, featuring an installer.

What's New in Version Version 34   See changelog

Released

• The Tram-in-Avenue (TiA), Tram-in-Road (TiR), Tram-on-Road (ToR), and Tram-on-Street (ToS) dual networks are now partially draggable. To activate the dual networks, click the Elevated Rail tool over Avenue for TiA, the Elevated Rail tool over Road for TiR, the Rail tool for ToR, and the Elevated Rail tool on Street for ToS.
  • Elevated RealHighway (RHW) networks and draggable Elevated Road, One-Way Road, and Avenue Viaducts can now form overpasses over Tram-in-Avenue, Tram-in-Road, Tram-on-Road, and Tram-on-Street dual networks. Simply drag the crossing network up to the edge of the Tram Dual-Network to form a stub, and begin dragging from stub on the other side of the Tram Dual-Network to continue the network. Some support for networks besides RHWs and the Road Viaducts has also been added, using similar means.
  • RealHighway crossings over Network Widening Mod networks are now vastly more stable.
  • Multi-Radius Curves (MRCs) for the Road network have been added in draggable form, in four different radii (R1-R4).
  • Signalized intersections for One-Way Roads are now possible in the initial phase of the OWR Signalization and Turn Arrow Project (SITAP), complete with turn arrows before the intersection . These signals cannot automatically appear, due to the game's handling of One-Way Road mechanics, but can be activated by transitioning from One-Way Road to Road just before the intersection. For intersections between two One-Way Roads, it is necessary to click over the resultant 90-degree Road bend with the One-Way Road tool. +-intersections and T-intersections between One-Way Roads and Roads, One-Way Roads, Avenues, and +-intersections (no T-intersections) with single-tile Road-based NWM networks (TLA-3, AVE-2, ARD-3, NRD-4) are available.
  • 7 new bridges by eggman121 have been added, including the first-ever NWM bridges for the RD-4 and RD-6 networks, plus a new RHW-4 bridge, and four RealRailway (RRW) bridges.
  • FLEX On-Slope Transitions for the Elevated Road, One-Way Road, and Avenue Viaducts have been improved to support tighter situations, where a network is directly below the elevated end of the transition.
  • Many Elevated RHW base network features now show preview textures.
  • An issue with High Speed Rail crossings over wider ground-level RHW networks has been addressed.
  • An issue preventing the proper override of the ramp interfaces on L1 RHW QuickChanges has been fixed. Some clickaround may still be necessary to force the overrides to continue.

26 people like this

User Feedback

apeek

4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

I'm thrilled that this project is still going strong. Thanks to everyone for donating their time.

Share this review

Link to review
prolific314

5 of 8 members found this review helpful 5 / 8 members

My very first mod, and a must have I must say. Opens up a lot of doors.

Share this review

Link to review
vokyminh

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

Share this review

Link to review
kghdu

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

Share this review

Link to review
Grimlogic

0 of 2 members found this review helpful 0 / 2 members

Share this review

Link to review
masapuratomi

0 of 1 member found this review helpful 0 / 1 member

Share this review

Link to review
MasterArts

Share this review

Link to review
megie

Share this review

Link to review
studio3xxx

Share this review

Link to review
sziwaki11

Share this review

Link to review
dylan2499

Share this review

Link to review
Meshuggah666

Share this review

Link to review
gman28

Share this review

Link to review
mansioncrafter

Share this review

Link to review
sillyror

Share this review

Link to review
dannyhighrise

Share this review

Link to review
Sap59

Share this review

Link to review
TheLynx99

Very nice update. The only thing i wish is that you hadn't gotten rid of the RHW height transitions, but other than that. nice update. :)

Share this review

Link to review
TheRapture303

Completely phenomenal.  

Mister Voodoo

Share this review

Link to review
devilreborn

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
urzadek27

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Guerreiro2010

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
B.C builder

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
otty8116

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
TheDarkMyth92

Unknown date

0 of 2 members found this review helpful 0 / 2 members

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

An appeal for your support: Help us keep the STEX up and running

11/06/2015

Hi Community, this is a public appeal for help to keep the STEX up and running! We currently need your help to offset some of our operational costs and upgrades! As you know, we've always relied on community donations to help keep the website running. And while all our admins and moderators volunteer their time to managing the site and community, we do have modest expenses that we need to cover each month which includes our server hosting fees, software and support licenses, etc. So lately, we've experienced a slump with donations and we're beginning to feel the pinch! We would really appreciate your support by way of a donation of any amount in order to keep the site up and running. Of course, as always, we'll send you a gift with a minimum donation as a Thank You. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me!  Sincerely; Dirktator & The Admins PS. Thank you to those who have stepped up and donated the last couple weeks -- we really appreciate it!
    • Dirktator

Updates in progress... Please stand by...

01/22/2016

We're still in the middle of updating things, please bear with us! Some things may appear strange or not quite working right - we're working on it!
  • Similar Content

• All Brick Roads/Streets
      By GaryHamilton
      Hi, I've been playing SC4 for years off and on.  I am recently back into it, and I am trying to build a realistic city LOOSELY based on my hometown of Kansas City, MO.  Like many American Cities, there are old parts of town that have broad brick streets, with no sidewalks, or if they have sidewalks, there is no grass buffer between the road and the sidewalk.  Streets like this still around in the "West Bottoms" industrial area of Kansas City.  I have tried the current brick street option in the latest NAM, but these are clearly intended for the old upscale residential parts of a city and don't look right in an industrial area.  Can someone help me out with this?
    • NAM euro textures
      By Robuuzt
      Hi,
      I've installed the new version of the nam and all of a sudden the euro road textures won't show on straight roads (see picture).. On diagonal roads it works just fine, also when i zone medium or high density along them it works fine. Does someone knows what this occurs? Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Gr.

• A New Golden Age for SC4?
      By Ln X
      Over the last couple of months there has been a flurry of new BATs, LOTs and other great mods. 2015 was an amazing year for new SC4 content and it has given us hardcore players even more to play with in this ever-growing sandbox. The purpose of this topic is to consider SC4's future and how with more content it assures both the game's freshness and also its future to.
      Let's look at the highlights of 2015:
      1. Two new NAMs! NAM 33 and 34 brought numerous flex/drag options for the RHW and the RRW, more stability, and more versatility for the NWM.
      2. rsc204's Terrain Grass NAM. Changing all the road networks grass to that of the HD terrain controller of your choice, plus the vast amount of wealth texture unification is a real game-changer. It has brought a simplicity to SC4 in terms of style but also greater realism.
      3. The SC4D's advent calender. A lot of cool stuff was posted and there were a whole ton of goodies- http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=17189.0.
      4. FrankU's Dutch parks, plazas and relotted Maxis reward content.
      5. The flurry of mattb325's buildings; great mid-rise content.
      6. Catalyst's T21s for the RHW which include crash barriers and stuff.
      7. c.p.'s FAR industry.
      {---}
      There is probably more that I have overlooked but, as I said in the beginning, 2015 was a great year for new SC4 content, game-changing new content.
      This year is looking promising to: kingofsimcity's car parks, rsc204's SAM 11 which is an industrial street which could be released, simmer2's relots and amazing RRW lot work, draggable/clickable TULEPs coming in the NAM 35...
      I think the future of SC4 may be a lot more diagonal and FA RCI content, this will really break the grid and create the illusion of a curvy, more organic game. At any rate SC4 has never felt so fresh and interesting. Is this a new golden age for the game?
    • TWO plug-in folders?
      By LivingInThePast
      Apologies if this has been asked before (I'm sure it has) but I finally am back on a computer that seems to play SC4 well, and like always, cool stuff has been made in the absence I'm gone (a DLL that fixes aggravating bugs? Get out!  )
      So, I got SimCity 4 on Steam partially because it was on sale at the time, partially because I didn't want to muck around with Win7 flags that clash with the DRM, and partially because I didn't want to muck around with CD images and patches. So, the situation is, there's now TWO SimCity 4 folders, both with Plugin and Region files. One's in the Steam folder under the commonapps folder (or "common", can't remember which), and one's in the My Documents folder. The one in My Documents appeared after I started the game for the first time, but I had off-loaded many of my plug-ins to the Steam one. Now, I'm even more confused because NAM 34 (nice that I finally have more than 2GB of RAM, so no fear) wants to put it on the My Documents folder, probably because of the non-Steam files floating around. I'm sure it matters where I put plug-ins, but should I tell the NAM to install there? And if I already did, could I just move it to the "proper" place?
    • "Broken" overpass
      By Ellorienne
      I have built a diamond overpass for my city, but it seems to be broken. Residents cannot get from one side of the highway to the other, so I am getting a lot of no job zots.
      The highway is 2 tiles wide of RHW-6S, mostly flat, running N-S, then curving NE. The overpass is perpendicular to the HWY and consists of:
      --road--   --R2--  --R2 ramp B1 dual (to HWY)-- R2-- 15m Viaduct Road Start/End Piece-- --Road over RHW-6S-- --Road over RHW-6S (180 degrees to previous piece)--
      and then the same in reverse to get to the other side.
      What do I need to change to make it work? I made sure that all the yellow lines matched up on the overpass. Everything looks good, but just isn't working.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the problem.

• Newest Uploads