• Moose

Network Addon Mod for Windows INSTALLER Version 35 (Offsite Link)

(4.88)    (1,063 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

The Network Addon Mod (NAM) combines all transportation network-related fixes, additions and new creations that have been released so far. It will add countless new features to the existing network tools, such as new overpasses, highway onramps, intersections, ped-malls, a ground light rail network, roundabouts and turning lanes.

This is the Windows version of the Network Addon Mod, featuring an installer.  A Mac version is available here.

NOTE: Due to some technical issues, the file is not directly hosted on the Simtropolis server.  The download button presently will take you to an off-site, registration-free mirror at ModDB, which can also be accessed here.  We hope to have the file available directly through the STEX again shortly, and apologize for any temporary inconvenience.

Installing over previous versions: NAM 35 should be installed directly over top of any previous NAM releases, to ensure that your previous installation options are retained.  A clean install is not recommended.  For more information, see here.

Tech Support: Since NAM 35 is now the most recent release, technical support for NAM 34 and earlier is no longer available.

Special Thanks: The NAM Team would like to extend its sincere thanks to all the members of the community for their continued support over the past 12 1/2 years the mod has existed.

What's New in Version Version 35 (Offsite Link)   See Changelog

Released

New features in Version 35--November 5, 2016

• New RealRailway (RRW) FlexTrack functionality, including draggable Fractional Angle Railroads (FARR) at three angles (FA-2, FA-3, and FA-1.33/1.5) and improved Single-Track Rail (STR) support.
  • Vastly improved adjacency stability for ramp-style RealHighway (RHW) FLEX Height Transitions, including many adjacencies with FLEXRamps and Draggable Ramp Interfaces (DRIs).
  • Several new draggable NWM transitions: NRD-4-to-ARD-3, NRD-4-to-Avenue, NRD-4-to-TLA-5, NRD-4-to-RD-4, Road-to-RD-4, TLA-3-to-Avenue, TLA-3-to-TLA-5, AVE-2-to-TLA-5, AVE-2-to-Avenue, TLA-7/AVE-6-to-Dual-OWR-3, OWR-4-to-RHW-8S, OWR-5-to-RHW-10S, and OWR-1-to-MIS. These transitions can either be built through the stub method, or (in case of different base networks), direct connection.
  • At-grade intersection support for the Road, OWR, and Avenue Viaducts, plus other stability and cosmetic improvements.
  • Multi-Radius Curve (MRC) functionality added to the L1 and L2 RHW-2.
  • A number of path fixes involving elevated RHW networks.
  • Support for at-grade RHW-4 x Avenue, RHW-3 x Avenue and MIS x Street intersections (OxO only), as well as improvements and additions to RHW-2 and MIS diagonal intersections with Maxis surface networks.
  • Proper P57-era RHW support for Moonlinght's Alternate El-Rail and Bullet Train (Shinkansen) mods.
  • Various fixes to the Maxis Highway Override (MHO), including improved RealRailway (RRW) support, support for moonlinght's Alternate El-Rail and Bullet Train, and Level Bridges for both L0 and L2 MHO networks.
  • Re-implementation of some multi-tile RHW and NWM starter pieces, to improve stability in preparation for future additions. Legacy code has been added to provide stability to older, unconverted starters.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

apeek

9 of 10 members found this review helpful 9 / 10 members

I'm thrilled that this project is still going strong. Thanks to everyone for donating their time.

Fusboden, mlaforet0 and 1404 like this

Share this review

Link to review
prolific314

12 of 16 members found this review helpful 12 / 16 members

My very first mod, and a must have I must say. Opens up a lot of doors.

mlaforet0 likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Leszczyk

Unknown date

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

Share this review

Link to review
kghdu

1 of 3 members found this review helpful 1 / 3 members

Share this review

Link to review
Grimlogic

0 of 3 members found this review helpful 0 / 3 members

Share this review

Link to review
MasterArts

0 of 2 members found this review helpful 0 / 2 members

Share this review

Link to review
masapuratomi

Share this review

Link to review
Meshuggah666

Share this review

Link to review
sziwaki11

Share this review

Link to review
dylan2499

Share this review

Link to review
megie

Share this review

Link to review
studio3xxx

Share this review

Link to review
sillyror

Share this review

Link to review
dannyhighrise

Share this review

Link to review
mansioncrafter

Share this review

Link to review
gman28

Share this review

Link to review
Sap59

Share this review

Link to review
TheRapture303

Completely phenomenal.  

Mister Voodoo

Share this review

Link to review
Guerreiro2010

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
otty8116

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
TheDarkMyth92

Unknown date

0 of 3 members found this review helpful 0 / 3 members

Share this review

Link to review
B.C builder

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
urzadek27

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
devilreborn

Unknown date

0 of 1 member found this review helpful 0 / 1 member

Share this review

Link to review
Amethysterical

Would rate it 5 stars if it had a mega download for those who have their nets being shitty with downloads.

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Haljackey
      SimCity 4 is a spreadsheet that will never be balanced, but that’s what makes it so fun, even 14 years after release.
      Yesterday, an article about SimCity 4's Network Addon Mod, a comprehensive mod for roads and traffic in SimCity 4, reached the front page of r/Games.”Not only has SimCity 4 survived, it has thrived with new creations offered daily by content-makers, and has even evolved with substantial player-developed modifications like the Network Addon Mod,” author Dirktator wrote. While that’s definitely true, and the thriving mod community for SimCity 4 is a joy to browse through, after playing until two in the morning I can safely say that SimCity 4 also holds up on its own.
      Full article: http://kotaku.com/SimCity-4-is-still-great-1796823071
    • By Handyman
      I believe  TSCT.jar could be run from anywhere. Could someone confirm this for me?
      If so, what files will it need to find and where are they supposed to be?
      Any help appreciated.
    • By CorinaMarie
      So, those FLUPs in NAM really had me confuzzled for a while.
      I'm going to attempt a tutorial which I wish I could've found whilst I was having difficulties in learning this concept. I simply don't do well with videos as instructions and all the nicely written tutorials I found have long since lost their pictures. For all the peeps who already know these basic steps I'll ask if I'm over thinking this and how could this be improved. For peeps using NAM for the first time I hope this proves helpful. (I'm using way more pics than is prolly necessary cause I like seeing each actual step and the change which occurs.)
      Let's start with the thriving metropolis of First FLUP (Population: 5). It's simply a Road running East/West with a house on the west portion. A Street runs North/South intersecting the Road to the east of the house. At the north end of the Street is a farm.

Using the Route Query tool we see that 2 pedestrians walk to the farm and one freight truck goes south from the farm, turns west, and drives off the map at the Road's neighborhood connection.

What I'm going to do is for a proof of concept rather than a suggestion on city layout. First I bulldozed the Street connections both north and south of the East/West Road. (Bulldoze one tile on either side and leave the Road still fully intact.)

Next I select FLUP from the Transportation Tools / Build Roads menu and hover it over the Road where the intersection used to be. By default it is the Ramp for underground Road.

Now I tap the Tab key until it changes to Diagonal underground route under straight Road. This is a preliminary step to get to what I really want. (This part was not at all intuitive to me.)

Then use the End key until it changes to Straight underground route under straight Road. (It looks like a narrow dirt path running perpendicular to the Road.)

And here it is after plopping. (It now looks like a normal road with the same kind of sidewalks you get next to commercial zoning.)

Going back to the Transportation Tools I select FLUP again. (It's back to the Ramp for underground Road.) I position it one square north of the Road at the south end of the Street in the empty space.

Press Tab key until it changes to Street ramp connecting to underground road.

Press Home key once and it rotates to the proper orientation:

Now click to plop it and we see the Street going down a ramp which looks like it's going under the road.

With this particular FLUP still on the cursor I moved directly south of the Road in the space between the rest of the Street.

At this point I thought I could just use Home or End keys to rotate it into position, but NO, that didn't work. So, I moved south one more tile so it was on top of the Street and then it auto rotated.

Next I moved it back one tile north next to the Road.

And here it is after plopping:

To test that it would actually allow traffic thru, I then connected the east end of the Road with the south end of the Street forming a small square with them:

And using the Route Query tool we see 2 cars and 1 freight truck are now using the FLexible UnderPass.

Edit: Useful tip suggested by @Mandarin(a): Use Shift-Tab to cycle thru the items in reverse order. This is especially useful if you hit Tab too many times and want to go back to a previous option.
      Note: This is the ideal part of a community helping each other. I was aware of this, but it did not occur to me to include it when I was writing this guide.
      Edit 2: FLUPs can be use as underwater tunnel too. See Ro-Bo's: How to Build Underwater Tunnel Using Flexible Underpasses (FLUPs).
      Edit 3: I've added a Tutorial for Road under Rail to this thread.   Edit 4: Added Tutorial for Avenue under Rail.
    • By CorinaMarie
      So, I've just installed NAM and I love it!
      This isn't how I'll actually lay out my town, but it shows what NAM can do:

The most frustrating part was figuring out how to get my dirt roads to extend and connect and such. This quote answered that for me:
      Now, iirc, this part no longer applies:
      Cause I think I read somewhere (prolly in an @rsc204 reply to someone) that the stopper has been integrated into the current NAM. Right?

Also, I had to un-check the New Zones View so the trees would disappear:

Is there any way I can have all the cool features of the new view, but without the trees showing up? I use my zone view when I'm laying out my roads. Otherwise I'd like to use this option. I am now just a tiny bit familiar with iLive Reader and if I can make one simple change there, please guide me to what I'd be looking for.
      And then one more question. When doing the NAM install it said something about checking for any other mod that would bork things. I don't have any others installed atm. I will, however, be installing bunches of the MTP and SPAM stuff @A Nonny Moose told me about my first or second day here. What I'd like to know is if I install stuff, can I then re-run the NAM installer and have it re-check that nothing will conflict?
      So, to recap, my questions are:
      Do I need SAM Stopper? (I'm pretty sure it's: No.) Can I make trees disappear while using the new Zones View? If so, how? Does re-running NAM installer check newly added mods for conflicts? Thanks!

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments