• Moose

Network Addon Mod for Windows INSTALLER Version 35 (Offsite Link)

(4.88)    (1,064 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

The Network Addon Mod (NAM) combines all transportation network-related fixes, additions and new creations that have been released so far. It will add countless new features to the existing network tools, such as new overpasses, highway onramps, intersections, ped-malls, a ground light rail network, roundabouts and turning lanes.

This is the Windows version of the Network Addon Mod, featuring an installer.  A Mac version is available here.

NOTE: Due to some technical issues, the file is not directly hosted on the Simtropolis server.  The download button presently will take you to an off-site, registration-free mirror at ModDB, which can also be accessed here.  We hope to have the file available directly through the STEX again shortly, and apologize for any temporary inconvenience.

Installing over previous versions: NAM 35 should be installed directly over top of any previous NAM releases, to ensure that your previous installation options are retained.  A clean install is not recommended.  For more information, see here.

Tech Support: Since NAM 35 is now the most recent release, technical support for NAM 34 and earlier is no longer available.

Special Thanks: The NAM Team would like to extend its sincere thanks to all the members of the community for their continued support over the past 12 1/2 years the mod has existed.

What's New in Version Version 35 (Offsite Link)   See Changelog

Released

New features in Version 35--November 5, 2016

• New RealRailway (RRW) FlexTrack functionality, including draggable Fractional Angle Railroads (FARR) at three angles (FA-2, FA-3, and FA-1.33/1.5) and improved Single-Track Rail (STR) support.
  • Vastly improved adjacency stability for ramp-style RealHighway (RHW) FLEX Height Transitions, including many adjacencies with FLEXRamps and Draggable Ramp Interfaces (DRIs).
  • Several new draggable NWM transitions: NRD-4-to-ARD-3, NRD-4-to-Avenue, NRD-4-to-TLA-5, NRD-4-to-RD-4, Road-to-RD-4, TLA-3-to-Avenue, TLA-3-to-TLA-5, AVE-2-to-TLA-5, AVE-2-to-Avenue, TLA-7/AVE-6-to-Dual-OWR-3, OWR-4-to-RHW-8S, OWR-5-to-RHW-10S, and OWR-1-to-MIS. These transitions can either be built through the stub method, or (in case of different base networks), direct connection.
  • At-grade intersection support for the Road, OWR, and Avenue Viaducts, plus other stability and cosmetic improvements.
  • Multi-Radius Curve (MRC) functionality added to the L1 and L2 RHW-2.
  • A number of path fixes involving elevated RHW networks.
  • Support for at-grade RHW-4 x Avenue, RHW-3 x Avenue and MIS x Street intersections (OxO only), as well as improvements and additions to RHW-2 and MIS diagonal intersections with Maxis surface networks.
  • Proper P57-era RHW support for Moonlinght's Alternate El-Rail and Bullet Train (Shinkansen) mods.
  • Various fixes to the Maxis Highway Override (MHO), including improved RealRailway (RRW) support, support for moonlinght's Alternate El-Rail and Bullet Train, and Level Bridges for both L0 and L2 MHO networks.
  • Re-implementation of some multi-tile RHW and NWM starter pieces, to improve stability in preparation for future additions. Legacy code has been added to provide stability to older, unconverted starters.

52 people like this

User Feedback

apeek

6 of 7 members found this review helpful 6 / 7 members

I'm thrilled that this project is still going strong. Thanks to everyone for donating their time.

2 people like this

Share this review

Link to review
prolific314

10 of 14 members found this review helpful 10 / 14 members

My very first mod, and a must have I must say. Opens up a lot of doors.

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Leszczyk

Unknown date

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

Share this review

Link to review
vokyminh

1 of 3 members found this review helpful 1 / 3 members

Share this review

Link to review
kghdu

Share this review

Link to review
TheLynx99

Very nice update. The only thing i wish is that you hadn't gotten rid of the RHW height transitions, but other than that. nice update. :)

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
masapuratomi

0 of 2 members found this review helpful 0 / 2 members

Share this review

Link to review
MasterArts

Share this review

Link to review
Grimlogic

0 of 3 members found this review helpful 0 / 3 members

Share this review

Link to review
studio3xxx

Share this review

Link to review
megie

Share this review

Link to review
dylan2499

Share this review

Link to review
Meshuggah666

Share this review

Link to review
sziwaki11

Share this review

Link to review
gman28

Share this review

Link to review
mansioncrafter

Share this review

Link to review
Sap59

Share this review

Link to review
sillyror

Share this review

Link to review
dannyhighrise

Share this review

Link to review
TheRapture303

Completely phenomenal.  

Mister Voodoo

Share this review

Link to review
otty8116

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
urzadek27

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
B.C builder

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Guerreiro2010

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
TheDarkMyth92

Unknown date

0 of 3 members found this review helpful 0 / 3 members

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

11/12/2016

Hi Community We're here again to ask you for your support to help us keep the site and the STEX up and running. Simtropolis runs solely on the support of members like you through donations to help us offset the operational costs of running the site. As you know, we've always relied on community donations to help keep the website running. And while all our admins and moderators volunteer their time to managing the site and community, we do have modest expenses that we need to cover each month which includes our server hosting fees, software and support licenses, etc. So lately, we've experienced a slump with donations and we're beginning to feel the pinch! We would really appreciate your support by way of a donation of any amount in order to keep the site up and running. Of course, as always, we'll send you a gift with a minimum donation as a Thank You. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me!  Sincerely; Dirktator & The Admins PS. Thank you to those who have stepped up and donated -- we really appreciate it!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Razip
      Hello. I've seen a lot of but haven't found any yet. I've seen both ground and elevated with NAM viaducts. Please share any. Thanks.
    • By RichardCollins
      Hello. I'm late to jump on the SC4 train, but better late then never. I played for the past week without NAM. I've build and bankrupted a handful of cities, but I'm doing better each time. Most of the time, traffic kills the city. Enter NAM. It started with simple street modifications and I am currently adding a highway that runs through the center of the city. I am trying to build a sunken highway, but I seem to be missing options. At first, I was missing the single-sided ramps. I uninstalled the mod, re-downloaded the newest version from ModDB, reinstalled it, didn't have it. Deleted the mod, reinstalled again, and the ramps are there. Now I'm missing the overpass pieces to let roads go above the highway.
      I'm not too sure what I'm doing wrong. I installed JAVA, had no errors, and menus are showing up, but it seems there are certain options that are not there. Another one I noticed would be diggers that were specific to certain projects (sunken, tunnel, etc.) Any ideas?
    • By aciaKa
      Hello, I know that NAM 35 has Cul De Sac at the end of street and road. But it does not shows in-game. Am I missing something?
    • By Samerton
      Maxis Highway Override - Concrete Retexture
      by @Bipin, @rsc204 and @Samerton

Information
      - This mod will replace the textures for the Maxis Highway Override network included in the Network Addon Mod to a concrete texture.
      Installation
      - To install this mod, paste the folder entitled "z____Concrete_MHO" directly into your plugins folder.
      - If you are installing the mod into a custom folder within your plugins, ensure it loads after the Maxis Highway Override itself.
      - Four optional files are included, please remove any that aren't needed:
        - z_BTM_Patch.dat
          For users of the Shinkansen (BTM) mod included in the NAM
        - z_Moonlinght_Alternate_ELR_Patch.dat
          For users of the Alternate El-Rail mod included in the NAM
        - z_RRW_Patch.dat
          For users of RealRailWay from the NAM
        - z_JapNAMFL_Overpasses_Patch.dat
          For users of the Japanese NAM Facelift Mods Overpasses. Ensure this loads after the Japanese NAM Facelift mod itself.
        Including these files without having the corresponding mods installed may cause issues.
      - To uninstall this mod, simply remove the folder containing the mod (by default "z___Concrete_MHO") from your plugins folder.
      Dependencies
      - Network Addon Mod with Maxis Highway Override installed
      Special Thanks
      - Thanks to @MandelSoft for providing the model files for the Maxis Highway Override tunnel entrances
      - A huge thanks goes to @rsc204 for the new version 2.0 models and fixes - check out other projects by rsc204 here
      Support
      - If you're experiencing an issue with the mod, you can find the support thead here: 
      http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/59701-samertons-retextures-development-and-support/

Textures created by @Bipin and Samerton - check out other projects by Bipin here
      Modded by @Samerton
    • By NAM Team
      NOTE: Due to some technical issues, the file is not directly hosted on the Simtropolis server.  The download button presently will take you to an off-site, registration-free mirror at ModDB, which can also be accessed here.  We hope to have the file available directly through the STEX again shortly, and apologize for any temporary inconvenience.
      The Network Addon Mod (NAM) combines all transportation network-related fixes, additions and new creations that have been released so far. It will add countless new features to the existing network tools, such as new overpasses, highway onramps, intersections, ped-malls, a ground light rail network, roundabouts and turning lanes.

INSTALLATION
      This is the Mac version of the NAM.  For the Windows version, see here.
      NOTE: In order to install this mod, you will need to have an archiving utility capable of opening .7z files (Keka is one free option).
      To install NAM 35, unzip the file "NetworkAddonMod35_macOS.7z". Inside it, you will find the file "NetworkAddonMod35_macOS.app". This app file is a Wineskin over the Windows installer, allowing it to run on a Mac. Run it as normal, selecting "Yes" when asked about porting to a Mac. It will install to Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins/Network Addon Mod and Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins/z___NAM.
      Note that the Controller Compiler cannot be called from the installer on a Mac, so the full NAM Controller will be installed. The Controller Compiler can be run manually by going to Documents/SimCity 4/NAM Auxiliary Files/Tools/Controller Compiler, and running the file NAMControllerCompiler.jar.
      DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, UNINSTALL YOUR PREVIOUS NAM VERSION if you are an existing NAM user. The NAM installer can detect your previous installation options by reading the folder, and as such, it is safe (and recommended) to install NAM 35 on top of your old version. If you remove the previous install, however, you may not remember exactly which options you had selected, which could potentially cause issues in your cities.
      The Aspyr re-release is known to have a quirk in which the number of files (not their size) contained in the Plugins folder can cause crashes to desktop. This issue is inexplicably triggered with a much lower number of files if the user is running the game while not connected to the internet. To avoid these crashes, we recommend that the user use a tool like the cross-platform JDatPacker in order to combine the NAM files.
      REQUIREMENTS
      While the Windows version requires the EP 1 Update 1 patch (Version 1.1.638), Aspyr has never released a comparable patch for the Mac version. An additional file has been included to compensate for the lack of the transit pathing fixes included in EA/Maxis' official patch for the Windows version, and no other patches are required.
      Tech Support: Since NAM 35 is now the most recent release, technical support for NAM 34 and earlier is no longer available.

Special Thanks: The NAM Team would like to extend its sincere thanks to all the members of the community for their continued support over the past 12 1/2 years the mod has existed.
  • Newest Uploads