SimPeg Agricultural Mod (SPAM)

(4.88)    (137 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

The SimPeg Agricultural Mod (SPAM) is an absolute, total and complete replacement for the game-default farming system.

The default system was never really finished before game release and was, in fact, designed to be short-lived and used only initially in starter cities. The game, as it progresses, actually is designed to kill off all desire and usefulness for farming.

We changed all that.

Not only have we changed how all the farms look... but we also changed how they play.
Originally in a city, you could hug a tree... or kiss the sky with glass and steel. Now... you can do both.

At its most basic function and goal, the SPAM is an IND MTP Replacement Mod... similar to the RES and COM MTP replacement mods.

Its primary goal is to give an MTP-ish look and feel to the game's default farm lots.

Want to know more? Yeah of course... As a matter of fact, you NEED to know A LOT more - so before you install, we invite you to Visit the Full ReadMe and learn more about these - (PLEX Legacy update: all readme information can be found in the 5 pinned threads in the above link)

spam-pre01.jpg

FEATURES

* Development Stages

* Agricultural (I-R) Demand

* Employment

* Education

* No Power? No Water?

* Pollution

* Sub-Divide and Conquer

* Crop Only Lots

* Improved Lot Orientation

* Crop Selection

* Future SPAM

* SPAM Comparison

* Developer Notes on General Troubleshooting and Compatibility

farming30.jpg

DEPENDENCIES

This mod requires the MTP Super Pack.

INSTALLATION

By default, the SPAM files will reside in a sub-folder named "SPAM" in your Documents Plugins folder.

See the included Full ReadMe for more information!

All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.

pdt_logo01.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Not only is your work awesome, so it your timing! I had just laid down the zones for starting a new town and was having some problems with my LEX farms; so I popped in here and came across your SPAM set just minutes after you'd posted it. Graphics/colors, query, all EXCELLENT!

Share this comment

Great job. So it finally comes out. Very useful and aesthetically pleasing. Visit Peg's site for other addons to the SPAM such as the SPIC and the SPAR. 5 stars definitely. Once again, been waiting a suspenseful year for this to arrive. Now it's here. Great Job and many thanks to Pegasus, Paeng, Murimk and many others whom contributed and beta tested this wonderful mod!

Share this comment

One great MOD! :thumb: I have been playing it in my new region for a few hours and have found no major problems. The SG and JMeyers farms blend in nicely so far and have had no problems with the rest of the gameplay. I love the information when you querey the farms. Those are a treat! :D I am going to have a lot of fun with this MOD!

Share this comment

great work 5/5. love the way it make the farms look more unique in the game and gives you details of what crop is growing and what it is used for. i highly recommend this if you like more realistic rural areas.

Share this comment

My special and heartfelt thanks to the PEGPROD Development Team and the PCG for all their tireless effort & support throughout this extensive project... and especially for putting it all together and getting it released publicly to the community.

These folk ROCK!! And it is to them that we all owe our thanks & gratitude for delivering yet another splendid addition to our beloved past time.

I'd salute you all... developers and fans alike... in the traditional SimPeg fashion. But my zipper seems to be stuck. :lol:

Share this comment

[size="3"][color="#0000FF"][b]Congratulations! This upload has been chosen by the Simtropolis Staff as an STEX Feature![/b]

[b]Featured on:[/b] 14th of April, 2011

[b]Why this upload was chosen:[/b] Green Acres is the place to be, Farm livin' is the life for me, Land spreadin' out so far and wide, Keep Manhattan, just gimme...SimPeg Agricultural Modd!![/color][/size]

Share this comment