• Moose

1 Screenshot

About This File

The SimPeg Agricultural Mod (SPAM) is an absolute, total and complete replacement for the game-default farming system.

The default system was never really finished before game release and was, in fact, designed to be short-lived and used only initially in starter cities. The game, as it progresses, actually is designed to kill off all desire and usefulness for farming.

We changed all that.

Not only have we changed how all the farms look... but we also changed how they play.
Originally in a city, you could hug a tree... or kiss the sky with glass and steel. Now... you can do both.

At its most basic function and goal, the SPAM is an IND MTP Replacement Mod... similar to the RES and COM MTP replacement mods.

Its primary goal is to give an MTP-ish look and feel to the game's default farm lots.

Want to know more? Yeah of course... As a matter of fact, you NEED to know A LOT more - so before you install, we invite you to Visit the Full ReadMe and learn more about these - (PLEX Legacy update: all readme information can be found in the 5 pinned threads in the above link)

spam-pre01.jpg

FEATURES

* Development Stages

* Agricultural (I-R) Demand

* Employment

* Education

* No Power? No Water?

* Pollution

* Sub-Divide and Conquer

* Crop Only Lots

* Improved Lot Orientation

* Crop Selection

* Future SPAM

* SPAM Comparison

* Developer Notes on General Troubleshooting and Compatibility

farming30.jpg

DEPENDENCIES

This mod requires the MTP Super Pack.

INSTALLATION

By default, the SPAM files will reside in a sub-folder named "SPAM" in your Documents Plugins folder.

See the included Full ReadMe for more information!

All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.

pdt_logo01.png

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

wournos

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

A must if you like farmland! Add SPAR and it becomes even more interesting.

Share this review

Link to review
huzman

Just the thing to improve playability! The pictures just bowled me over.

Share this review

Link to review
Jackspital

Great mod,used to have this mod installed ages ago but since my computer restarted I had to download it again,and may I say a lot has changed and it's all due to the hard work of the SPAM team...thanks guys for this mod,(recommended if you want your farms and surburban/out of town areas to look nice!!)

Share this review

Link to review
dblacking

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Tariel

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
WiseMan95

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Bitoques

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Juanchia

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Sepen77

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
КaZZ

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
The_Rock

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By tariely
      ARE those wonderful vortextures working with SPAM, and if not, could they ?
    • By TSM.E3
      1: What mod is the sunken highway walls? http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p184/CorinaPics/TSM.E3 Walls_zpsejhhtdv9.jpg
      2: Those ploppable trees that are put between the zones
      3: And the ploppables between the one-way road avenues  http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p184/CorinaPics/TSM.E3 Trees_zps1zljvw8x.jpg

• By Babyhead Gaming
      What is the best camera mod for playing and detailing as I record my footage for lets play on YouTube ?
    • By rsc204
      Contents

This package contains texture overrides which will add Moonlight's Super Light Asphalt sidewalks to Tram in Street and a Rural GLR set compatible with Magneto's Super Light Asphalt Mod. This mod is designed to be used as an AddOn for Magneto's Super Light Asphalt Mod:
      Although you can use this mod as a stand-alone mod also if you prefer.

The included textures are all Euro versions, both LHD/RHD options can be selected from.
      Load Order

To ensure these files load after the NAM, please ensure you copy the dat files in the zip file into the same folder as Magneto's Super Light Asphalt Mod. For stand alone users, please check the readme for further instructions. Also note it will need to load after any mod that changes the textures of Tram in Streets. Choose only the LHD or RHD file where both exist, and again refer to the readme for more specific instructions.
      Dependencies

NONE

Notes:

Just a quick thank you to Magneto for his work on bringing the Super Light Asphalt mod to so much of the NAM.
      If you are still stuck or have any comments, feel free to comment in my shack on Simtropolis here:
    • By paeng
      A set of turbulences for your rivers and streams.

You'll find narrow and wide pieces, both in straight and diagonal versions. They all sit on a 1x1 transparent lot and can be combined with PEG-PPond (Tahoe), PEG-Pond and PEG-Stream or ploppable waters by other creators as well.

LIST OF ITEMS
      Narrow Short Straight Narrow Long Straight Narrow Short Diagonal Narrow Long Diagonal Wide Short Straight Wide Long Straight Wide Short Diagonal Wide Long Diagonal
      Each piece comes in 2 variations that plop at random (16 models all in all).

DEPENDENCIES

~ none ~

Recommended to use with Free Waters Mod.

DEVELOPER NOTES

The turbulences are batted props (instead of the textures used in Vol 01), so there are less straight edges and a bit of overlap onto the next tile.
      You can combine them with any ploppable water and to some extent also with Pond and Stream pieces, mainly the straight items.
      Some of the pieces are also suitable to make transitions between the various available waters - just be creative and find the right combinations.
      There are no other props on these lots - so you have complete freedom to dress them with any Major Mode Flora that suits your theme.

The Turbulences and Transitions Volume 01 (texture based) is available to download here.

CREDITS

Concept & Design: Murimk & Paeng
      Batting: Murimk
      Lotting & Modding: Paeng

SUPPORT

Should you need support for these items please visit the
      PLEX on the STEX - Community Support

Productions Forum Thread (no longer available)

Enjoy!
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• It's good to have yo on board as a lotter, and even better to see old models aren't that forsaken after all. For the fist one (which I like best model-wise), the base texture is not ideal IMO, however. It blurs with the roof of the shop building, makes it hard to tell what's going on on the lot, and it also contrasts very strongly with the modeled concrete around the petrol pumps. I think a very light grey would complement the buildings a bit better. The second one is similar, plus I think it the lot may be somewhat big for the building. All of the lots could use some more props - maybe a fence around the back, some parked cars, the odd oil drum here or there, maybe some crates and/or a dumpster behind the building, or a trashcan somewhere... deadwoods has made some really neat servo station props for his "Deadwoods Petrol" series that you could also use to great effect. As it stands, the lots look kinda barren and deserted. Since you're using SHK's textures & props anyway, you could also try to get some more mileage out of them; perhaps by putting some defined parking spots near the shop building. But most importantly, have fun and keep 'em coming!
    • Well, some may find this architecture and style egreigeous, but I sure welcome having such buildings in my SC4 plugins folder! I particularly like them for the multi-building lots like the 5x5 that you provided - makes it easy to recreate planned development. Thank you for making and sharing them! On a totally unrelated note, your little rant about the generic, bland and somehwat cheap character of that architecture makes me think the blog mcmansionhell.com might appeal to you - unless you already know that one. I've had many laughs out of it.
    • Good to see some of these old lots being given a face-lift.
    • Thanks, I will  eventually get to it, I didn't know The original games trees look like that till game. I have a lot others I'm working on now, I will have two Burger King and a Hardee's relot up today. And also maybe a dick sporting goods. One of the Burger King lots will be like my last three relot, so you can have a big shopping plaza. I hope you enjoy these.