• Moose

2 Screenshots

About This File

MTP abcvs School of the Air
By - Craig-Abcvs

If the Maxis game designers wanted us to build, bigger, denser and more urban... then they clearly had not met those of us who want to build, smaller, sparser and more rural.

Now consider for a moment you live on your standard issue large SC4 tile... but the thing is you don't live down on the river plain, near the main roads, or anywhere near a town. You live way up in the mountains... in a cabin by a lake, way up out the back of beyond, in the far corner... the boonies... the sticks... or the wop wops.

Then of course one cold winters night when the diesel runs out in the generator... the only thing for it is to turn in early with the Mrs...
...and well wadda ya know... 9 months later... well... yeah... little Jr. arrives.

Then of course little Jr... grows like a bean sprout and he needs to get all smart and edumacated... but you still live way up in the furtherest corner of the tile...
Do you send Jr, into town to stay with your second cousin with her brain twice removed to attend school?

No! You crank up the old shortwave radio, and Jr, attends his lessons via the MTP School of the Air!
The lesson packages are delivered periodically by the mail plane, or the flying doctors on their monthly clinic runs from the MTP Medical Landing Strip... they then land at the MTP Crop Dusting Strip which is just over the back fence of your cabin.

So while the school and the teacher is located some distance away, with the wonders of modern technomahlogicalogy little Jr. can still receive his education... all thanks to the power of the school radio transmitter broadcasting at the convenient coverage range of 4096 kHz - which is pretty much the biggest coverage circle you can mod.

Then once Jr. is all tucked up in bed, the School of the Air is still hard at work, educating all the isolated Sims in on-air night classes...
... preventative diesel generator maintenance, agricultural turf grass science, ultra realistic modding for rural SC4 custom content, and knitting woolly socks for beginners.

Menu - Education
Plop cost - $500
Monthly - $100
Bulldoze - $100
Coverage - Full large tile, if built near the centre
Max Capacity - 500

Dependencies:
MTP Super Resource Pack
PEG-CDK3 Coast Guard Station
PEG Security Fencing Kit
Optional - One Flag Many Nations (if you want your flag of choice to fly)

User Feedback

What an amazing idea.... and it actually makes some sort of sense instead of " Mega radius makez it betterz. No reasonz." Well done. Thanks for uploading, but is the next thing you do gonna be related to anything air like?
joshriddle and Timmystwin like this

Share this comment

Problem: it educates the Sims to high EQ but when querying residentials they say low school level! Which means you must be robbing them of proper education etc or there is a bug that says low school. I have to have about 15 of these around my big square city as they get maxed out constantly. DO you have to have the crop dusted landing strip for this to work?
mikeld likes this

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By RafaPi
      How can a convert any building into a school?
    • By paeng
      A set of turbulences for your rivers and streams.

You'll find narrow and wide pieces, both in straight and diagonal versions. They all sit on a 1x1 transparent lot and can be combined with PEG-PPond (Tahoe), PEG-Pond and PEG-Stream or ploppable waters by other creators as well.

LIST OF ITEMS
      Narrow Short Straight Narrow Long Straight Narrow Short Diagonal Narrow Long Diagonal Wide Short Straight Wide Long Straight Wide Short Diagonal Wide Long Diagonal
      Each piece comes in 2 variations that plop at random (16 models all in all).

DEPENDENCIES

~ none ~

Recommended to use with Free Waters Mod.

DEVELOPER NOTES

The turbulences are batted props (instead of the textures used in Vol 01), so there are less straight edges and a bit of overlap onto the next tile.
      You can combine them with any ploppable water and to some extent also with Pond and Stream pieces, mainly the straight items.
      Some of the pieces are also suitable to make transitions between the various available waters - just be creative and find the right combinations.
      There are no other props on these lots - so you have complete freedom to dress them with any Major Mode Flora that suits your theme.

The Turbulences and Transitions Volume 01 (texture based) is available to download here.

CREDITS

Concept & Design: Murimk & Paeng
      Batting: Murimk
      Lotting & Modding: Paeng

SUPPORT

Should you need support for these items please visit the
      PLEX on the STEX - Community Support

Productions Forum Thread (no longer available)

Enjoy!
    • By mattb325
      Eddy Hall, Minnesota, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      Inspired by a picture posted by a member of Simtropolis, the real Eddy Hall was constructed in 1886 as the Mechanic Arts Building for the University of Minnesota.
      The actual building is a simplified Queen Anne style executed in red-brick and red sandstone trim. The square tower which is slightly offset from the centre of the building dominates the frontage; it, together with the multi-gabled roof, large windows, patterned brick panels and wrough iron cresting make this a charming, eye catching building.
      This version is not a 100% accurate copy, but it is true to the language of the architectural style of the original building and this is simply one that I made for myself, but have decided to share with the community.
      The lot comes in two flavours: a growable Commercial Services (3x2 and 3x3...there is always an insatiable need for CS§§§ in game) and a ploppable College on a 4x4 lot, which is found in the Education Menu.
      STATS CS§§§:
      Lot size :                  3x2 & 3x3
      Growth Stage:         4 & 5 (Medium and High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         §610
      Capacity Satisfied:  CS§ 975, CS§§ 246, CS§§§100
      Pollution:                  6 (Air)/ 4 (Water)/ 8 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:   28 Mwh
      Water Consumed:    249 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro
      Occupant Group:     Commercial Services Building

STATS COLLEGE:
      Lot size :                  4x4
      Growth Stage:         Ploppable; Plop Cost §1,650
      Bulldoze Cost:         §140
      Catalogue Capacity:  4,000
      Pollution:                  3 (Air)/ 2 (Water)/ 1 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Coverage Radius:     5,600
      EQ Boost:                  24
      Power Consumed:   6 Mwh
      Water Consumed:    23 Gal/Month
      Occupant Group:      Civic; Strikable Education; College
      Cost:                           §650
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 
      DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:
      *BSC BAT Props - Mattb325 Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383)
      *BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
      *BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790)
      *BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=746)
      *BSC Texture Pack - Cycledogg V01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101)
      *SHK_ParkingPack.dat (

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks, and enjoy!

• By IDS2
      Rapson Library is an early 60s academic building based heavily on the University of Minnesota's Rapson Hall, located on the east bank of the Twin Cities campus. It is named for modernist architect Ralph Rapson, who was the head of the university's architecture department from 1954 to 1984. Though Rapson was responsible for a sizeable number of modernist works, perhaps he is best known for his Riverside Plaza apartment complex, which received mainstream attention when it was featured in the Mary Tyler Moore Show. To be clear, the real-world Rapson Hall was not designed by Ralph Rapson, but rather by Thorshov and Cerny, another Minneapolis-based firm.
      As the title suggests, I have modded this building as a library. One dependency is required - Volume 1 of the Cycledogg BSC texture pack. As always, I have included two options for the night scene: one that fits with the game's default night mode, and one that makes use of Simfox's delightful darknite mod.
      Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you have or bugs you find. You can also check out my current projects here. 
    • By IDS2
      Another Minnesota building! It's almost as if I have a preference for that sort of thing.
      This particular building is located by the Mississippi River's western bank, right at the heart of the western portion of the University of Minnesota's Twin Cities campus. Dating to 1963, it was among the first buildings to be completed as part of the university's expansion across the river. Over 50 years later, it remains the tallest university building on the western side of the river and is home to, unsurprisingly, a number of social science departmental offices. 
      I've modded it as a ploppable college building as well as a growable CO$$ building. As usual, both darknite and maxisnite versions are included. The darknite scene requires this lovely mod from Simfox. Otherwise, this baby is dependency free.
      Note that two versions of this model are included - one with modeled ground and one with an editable lot. I kept the editable version simple so you can play around with it freely - I'm curious to see what you all come up with!
      Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you have or bugs you find. You can also check out my current projects here. 
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Hi there, quick question.  I just downloaded this stadium but it doesn't seem to work.  I am missing the "a" and "b" files.  The main download here only includes the texture and lot files.  The one drive only has the invisible "KS" file.  Let me know if you can help.   Thanks.
    • @thirstydeer - welcome to the world of custom content There are 4 tilesets in the game (the game has to be either "SC4 Deluxe" or "SC4" + "Rush Hour" expansion pack, the very basic game won't allow custom content to be used) which you can use to control what types of buildings are grown. The four tilesets are: Houston/New York/Chicago and Euro. If you don't change these settings, as a default, all tilesets are on, and the game builds from one tileset only every 5 game years. By selecting only the Euro tileset, you will give these buildings the greatest chance to grow . There is a little bit of further discussion here: Additionally, to get a 6x6 zone easily in the game, press and hold the CTRL key while zoning the commercial zone to count out a square 6 tiles each side.
    • What exactly do you mean by this: "These are all offered as growable 6x6, stage 1, medium wealth, Commercial Services on the EURO Tileset only."  I'm a pretty basic user of the game and am just starting to dabble with the myriad of custom content available on this site so I want to make sure it'll work for me before I download it.  It truly looks great!
    • If anything it's possible for a river with lots of flow to widen abruptly when the channel shape shifts from deep and narrow to wide and shallow.
    • @mattb325 Yes, I enjoy doing this on my days off. I will have a Kmart, Walmart, and Lowes foods tomorrow.