• Moose

2 Screenshots

About This File

MTP abcvs School of the Air
By - Craig-Abcvs

If the Maxis game designers wanted us to build, bigger, denser and more urban... then they clearly had not met those of us who want to build, smaller, sparser and more rural.

Now consider for a moment you live on your standard issue large SC4 tile... but the thing is you don't live down on the river plain, near the main roads, or anywhere near a town. You live way up in the mountains... in a cabin by a lake, way up out the back of beyond, in the far corner... the boonies... the sticks... or the wop wops.

Then of course one cold winters night when the diesel runs out in the generator... the only thing for it is to turn in early with the Mrs...
...and well wadda ya know... 9 months later... well... yeah... little Jr. arrives.

Then of course little Jr... grows like a bean sprout and he needs to get all smart and edumacated... but you still live way up in the furtherest corner of the tile...
Do you send Jr, into town to stay with your second cousin with her brain twice removed to attend school?

No! You crank up the old shortwave radio, and Jr, attends his lessons via the MTP School of the Air!
The lesson packages are delivered periodically by the mail plane, or the flying doctors on their monthly clinic runs from the MTP Medical Landing Strip... they then land at the MTP Crop Dusting Strip which is just over the back fence of your cabin.

So while the school and the teacher is located some distance away, with the wonders of modern technomahlogicalogy little Jr. can still receive his education... all thanks to the power of the school radio transmitter broadcasting at the convenient coverage range of 4096 kHz - which is pretty much the biggest coverage circle you can mod.

Then once Jr. is all tucked up in bed, the School of the Air is still hard at work, educating all the isolated Sims in on-air night classes...
... preventative diesel generator maintenance, agricultural turf grass science, ultra realistic modding for rural SC4 custom content, and knitting woolly socks for beginners.

Menu - Education
Plop cost - $500
Monthly - $100
Bulldoze - $100
Coverage - Full large tile, if built near the centre
Max Capacity - 500

Dependencies:
MTP Super Resource Pack
PEG-CDK3 Coast Guard Station
PEG Security Fencing Kit
Optional - One Flag Many Nations (if you want your flag of choice to fly)

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review
ee99

Share this review

Link to review
bobolee

Share this review

Link to review
Linh Son

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By mattb325
      This BAT is loosely based on a real school in Bourke Street Surry Hills and acts a combined older style elementary and high school with an expanded school coverage radius.

Description
      During the middle of the 19th Century, the NSW government embarked on a massive school building program in order to relieve the pressures of substandard and over-crowded schools; the problem being particularly chronic in inner city Sydney.
      This building, completed in 1884, was designed as a model school to replace the previous temporary buildings which had housed students since the early 1800s.

It is modelled (a la mode) in the Italianate Palace Style and construction costs were unparalleled.

Designed as both a junior and senior school, 19thCentury sensibilities abound: high narrow windows to allow abundant light and airflow, but high enough to stop indolent daydreaming; a small bell tower to announce class times with a single peal and separate entrances for boys and girls in the front senior wing.

The larger junior wing (Kindergarten to Year 6) has a single cupola dome to mark the entrance for all students. The time and weather-worn motto of the school is carved in sandstone on each of the front Gable projections: “VERITATE VERITUTE”

This school still stands and has served the children of Surry Hills, Strawberry Hill, Redfern, Moore Park and Waterloo for over 120 years.

Lot Details and Information

Lot size: 4 x 4 tiles Menu position: Building: Civic,Building: School,Building: SchoolsK6,Building: Strikable Education,BTE : Education Jobs: Jobs $ : 6,Jobs $$ : 8,Jobs $$$ : 2,R-$ : 6,R-$$ : 8,R-$$$ : 2 Plop cost : § 300 Bulldoze cost: § 30 Monthly cost:
    • By mattb325
      Museum of Modern Art, San Francisco, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      Inspired by the recent SC3000 uploads, the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), San Francisco is a non-profit organisation and holds an internationally recognised collection of modern and contemporary art, and was the first museum on the US West Coast devoted solely to 20th Century art.
      The present building was designed by Mario Botta in the late 1980s and the building - as depicted here in SC4 - was completed in 1995.
      It was recently given a large extension in 2009, but I have not modelled that part of the building.
      This building acts as a Museum and sits on a 4x4 lot providing 315 highly desirable civic jobs and gives a large educational boost across a wide radius.
      It is found in the Education Menu.

STATS MUSEUM:
      Lot size :                   4x4
      Growth Stage:          Ploppable only;  Plop Cost: § 22,250
      Bulldoze Cost:          §31,110
      Wealth:                       §§
      Jobs/Demand:         § 43; §§ 195; §§§ 77
      Catalogue Capacity: 310
      Pollution:                   7 (Air)/ 4 (Water)/ 3 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:       3/4/0
      Coverage Radius:     8,360
      Capacity:                    98,500
      EQ Boost:                   40
      Power Consumed:    13 Mwh
      Water Consumed:     48 Gal/Month
      Occupant Group:       Civic; Museum
      Cost:                            §900
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite.
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod.
      DEPENDENCIES:
      There are no external dependencies for this lot.
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
    • By 911Diva
      OK, I realize I am new to the  snow mod, but I installed  Peg's mods for a few different ski, trail, clinic, fire buildings.  And now when I opened the game back up, all my regions were covered with snow.  It was August on the date counter.  Is this right???
    • By paeng
      A set of turbulences for your rivers and streams.

You'll find narrow and wide pieces, both in straight and diagonal versions. They all sit on a 1x1 transparent lot and can be combined with PEG-PPond (Tahoe), PEG-Pond and PEG-Stream or ploppable waters by other creators as well.

LIST OF ITEMS
      Narrow Short Straight Narrow Long Straight Narrow Short Diagonal Narrow Long Diagonal Wide Short Straight Wide Long Straight Wide Short Diagonal Wide Long Diagonal
      Each piece comes in 2 variations that plop at random (16 models all in all).

DEPENDENCIES

~ none ~

Recommended to use with Free Waters Mod.

DEVELOPER NOTES

The turbulences are batted props (instead of the textures used in Vol 01), so there are less straight edges and a bit of overlap onto the next tile.
      You can combine them with any ploppable water and to some extent also with Pond and Stream pieces, mainly the straight items.
      Some of the pieces are also suitable to make transitions between the various available waters - just be creative and find the right combinations.
      There are no other props on these lots - so you have complete freedom to dress them with any Major Mode Flora that suits your theme.

The Turbulences and Transitions Volume 01 (texture based) is available to download here and is now also an option when downloading from this entry.

CREDITS

Concept & Design: Murimk & Paeng
      Batting: Murimk
      Lotting & Modding: Paeng

SUPPORT

Should you need support for these items please visit the
      PLEX on the STEX - Community Support

Productions Forum Thread (no longer available)

Enjoy!
    • By RafaPi
      How can a convert any building into a school?
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• By madhatter106 · Posted
      Textures and detail work on this, particularly the rooftop patio and pool areas, are really great, and give this BAT lots of life.
      Apartment buildings have long been on my list to tackle BATting, just to add to the variety and compete with all the repetitive Maxis stuff.  With contributions like this, though, I feel like it wouldn't be worth my time, because mattb325 has them covered and done so very, very, very well.  Always a joy to see stuff like this on the STEX.
      A great addition to custom content.  Still goin' strong after all these years, mattb325 continues to amaze me.
    • By PatrickGestner · Posted
      Definitely not the Minocqua, Wisconsin I've known through my life, but nice map anyhow. I do the same with cities if I can't think of a name, I just use something I know.
    • By markussaage · Posted
      Nice BAT, would give 5/5, but attention here, folks!!! The Seaview Apartments model in this download has the same IID as the Cast Iron Lofts model from Don Miguel! So it won't grow the way it should! Needs to be corrected by hand!
  • Recent STEX Comments

• The front of it is pretty much identical to "Cooley Law Stadium" (what Oldsmobile/Lugnuts Stadium is called these days) in Lansing, MI
    • Attention here, folks!!! The Seaview Apartments model in this download has the same IID as the Cast Iron Lofts model from Don Miguel! So it won't grow the way it should!
    • I know it's sized 2x1, but what kind of residential do I need to zone for this to grow? Light, medium, or high density? Or does it not matter? Anyone who can answer I appreciate it.
    • Love your work, but since a handful of files now from different users require offsite files that link to dead links I wish it was a rule here that all dependencies should be on site somehow. Thanks for the reup of the files...
    • I'm still working on the Maxis Vanilla tilesets presentation, but yeah its endless how many amazing artists have contributed to the SC4 repository over the past 14 years.  The problem with the tilesets and with RCI is that there's too much repetition.   I'm going to use for the first time a Maxis blocker that will eliminate all vanilla repetition and reveal whatever user created programming defines.  However, my project is not specific to agriculture.   We'll get back to that later.