• Moose

2 Screenshots

About This File

MTP Medical Landing Strip

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is it another landing strip?

Well, yes... but this one is not found in the airport menu... but it is found in the hospital menu.

When you live out in the sticks, boonies, wop wops, or for the Aussies, the out-back... and little Johnny falls out of the apple tree and breaks both arms and both legs, or old Jethro, crushes his fingers in the combine harvester... or Sally-Ann goes into premature labour... you need a hospital. Well that can be a problem if the only town for miles around only has a small clinic, that can only deal with minor injuries and ailments. If the nearest hospital is in the next tile, or 4 hours drive away you are going to need a faster way to get to hospital.

The MTP Medical Landing Strip, provides maximum medical coverage, equipped with both a Medi-vac helicopter and also a fixed wing air ambulance. Well the air ambulance is actually the local sky diving plane, but it is roomy, and you can get a stretchered patient in the back.

Features:
Menu - Hospital
Coverage - Maximum
Cost - $750
Monthly - $500 (adjustable)
Bulldoze - $100
Needs power and water
Equipped with a small, on site clinic, but for anything more serious than a band aid they will fly you out to the nearest fully equipped hospital.
Nightlighting - Buildings, and portable flood lighting for heli-pad.

UDI (U-Drive it) - Ambulance, Medi-vac Helicopter (requires large medical center in tile), without a large medical center, the helicopter will still periodically take off and return.
Air Ambulance (Sky-Diving Plane - requires a landing strip in tile)

*Fly from the medical landing strip to any other airport in your tile!

Dependency
PEG-MTP Super Pack

To install, unzip into your C: documents/Simcity 4/Plugins folder.
To remove, delete from the plugins folder.

User Feedback

I have no idea what the wop wops are, but this is awsome, especially since I've worked in health care for years. I'm grateful someone came up with something like this, even if I am a Yankee!
DrFlex likes this

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By SimHoTToDDy
      I have been asked a few times to supply this model in the past. I finally found the motivation to dig it out of my plugins folder.
      THIS DOES NOT COME WITH A LOT! .sc4model only!
      This is the model only. I have neither the game nor any of the modding tools installed at this point so you will have to do the modding and make the lot yourself. Sorry! The images show what I cooked up... 8 years ago?!? Jeez, I can't believe it has been so long. I have a full time job and another hobby that eats most of my free time, but I miss all of you that made SC4 fun for as long as I was active.

This is the CJ entry where it was used:

• By mattb325
      Quay House, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      Inspired by the art deco buildings around the Portsmouth, UK area, Quay House is a large (at least by the standards of the 1930s) eight story building in the functionalist style.
      The boxy building is broken up by complex massing and many terraces to allow air and sunlight to permeate the building, both of which were a very serious component of any good early 20th Century architecture. The main feature however is the off-centred granite clad staircase and lift riser with an oversized clock.

The lot comes in two flavours: a growable High-Wealth Commercial Office and a ploppable Clinic, which is found in the Health Menu and is comparable to the in-game hospital in terms of capacity and coverage radius. Both lots are 3x3.
      STATS CO§§§:
      Lot size :                   3x3
      Growth Stage:          4 (Medium and High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         §481
      Capacity Satisfied:  CS§§ 565, CS§§§396
      Pollution:                  2 (Air)/ 2 (Water)/ 4 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:  16 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   184 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro
      Occupant Group:     Commercial Offices Building

STATS CLINIC:

Lot Size:                          3x3
      Occupant Groups:         Civic, Health, Strikeable Health, Hospital, Ambulance Maker
      Plop Cost:                       §1,850 
      Jobs:                               Jobs§24; Jobs§§60; Jobs§§§19
      Bulldoze Cost:               §100
      Power Consumption:   6 MWh
      Water Consumption:    22 Gal/month
      Pollution:                        3 (Air)/ 2 (Water)/ 1 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:           3/4/0
      Hospital Coverage Radius:                          784
      Hospital Population vs. Distance:              100 / 100
      Hospital Effectiveness vs. Average Age:  8 / 8
      Hospital Patient Capacity:                           2,900
      Hospital HQ Boost:                                       11.52
      Catalog Capacity/Catalog Monthly Cost:  2,900 / § 1,200
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite.
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod.

DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:
      *BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790
      A NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:
      Sadly, if there appears to be any parking used in the content picture as either part of, or adjacent to the custom content in question, it has now come to the ridiculous scenario of having to write a blurb about parking textures given yet more comments received form only one or two users (comments which incidentally are only made on my lots - I note that other active Batters use Maxis parking lots all the time and receive no negative comments, such is the double-standard). Please note that I will use whatever parking textures I feel like on my lots. If you want something else, then use the lot editor.
      Please also note, that this particular lot is only a 3x3 so what you see in the picture is a separate lot placed behind the building; you are therefore free to place your own parking lot or not (as the case may be).
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
    • By Tomcat22
      I will be sharing my next assets in this topic, you can check my previous assets here in my workshop page . I finished my old bridge asset and this will be the first asset in this topic  I hope you like it. Detailed information is provided in asset page. 

• By SimcityFuturist
      Hello Simtropians, Today I Present you my first file.
      Tired of always wanting to have an realistic and detailed airport but you need to built it piece by piece in which takes a long time. Therefore I created a pre-made airport than consists of 8 parts instead of lots of pieces to build an airport. All lots that I have used are Bats,Lots,and Textures from Voltaire and ace_bovenopdeberg and Tabi in which I give credit for creating all those amazing and realistic lots and bats.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/410/airportsunset.jpg

Installation: Just put it in simcity4 plugins
      Dependencies:
      But Wait before you judge in the amount of dependencies... If you already have been playing Simcity for a long time, you are up to date with the STEX and maybe have already built customs airports. You'll most likely to have most of these depencencies.Therefore download the ones that you are missing.

RMIP2 Small Airport Edition Volume 1
      RMIP2 Small Airport Edition Volume 2
      RMIP2 Small Airport Edition Volume 3
      RMIP2 Small Airport Edition Volume 4
      ACB VLT Terminals and Jets pack 1
      ACB VLT Terminals and Jets pack 2

Bus Prop Pack 1
      AC Mega Props Vol 6
      AC Mega Props Volv 5
      BSCBATProps RT SNM Vol01
      BSCBATprops RT SNM Vol02
      Uniform Street Lighting Mod Release 1.0
      Train Generators(Important keep reading and you will find out why)
      AC VLT Cargo Planes
      and of course
      Airport Road Project

Lots Location: Rail Menu
      Ploping instructions: See the map
      http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/4863/spartsintructions.jpg

Lot History:
      One rainy day I was playing simcity and I reached to the point wnere an aiport was needed, therefore I had two decisions either to pick the original Maxis airport (unrealistic) or to make one custom airport by myself (Time Consuming),even though I am an expert building customs airports I noticed that building an airport takes a long time. So then I wondered what if there was already a pre-made airport so you can just plop it and done. Furthermore, with this idea I went to lot editor to build this pre made airport, next when I was in lot editor the first thing I noticed that the base textures and overlay textures where all around in a ocean of textures. It took ages to find every single texture but it was worth it. Later on after finishing the first part of the aiport I checked if it was working in simcity and I got a lot with blank textures and missing props. Therefore I came back to lot editor and re created the airport. Soon I found out that I had to made a decision to divide the airport in parts due to limitations of lot editor and also I dint noticed that I built the airport with a blank train generator building and I was already almost done, therefore I just keep train generator as a building to my airport, Meanwhile, after 10 attemps of creating this airport I finally finished it and test it in simcity I put it straight in STEX since many of you people would find it useful.

Funcional Airport?
      Yes you can actually make this airport or any custom airport a functional airport, use this file that makes funcitional airports
      My link
      Note: Check for the last icon of this file in simcity and read the description of it, In which would tell you that works as an airport with a capacity of 100 000 in a 1x1 lot.

Any concern just PM me and I would try my best of what I can do
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• In case you're interested this is what I've got after extracting and installing the appropriate files.  Really no difference at all compared to when I first wrote you.
    • Do you know whether or not this file is compatible with SC4 on Steam?  I extracted the .7Z file and installed the files and I've still got nothing but a big blank lot.
    • Ahh, gotcha.  I'm using a Mac.  So the .7z file needs to be extracted.  That part I wasn't aware of, I just loaded the 7z file into my plugins folder.  I'll give it a shot!  Thanks!
    • Thought you might know it, but it was worth a shot. Ah yes, those real-estate photos - I had, in fact, seen an article about that blog somewhere and nearly forgotten about it afterwards, but then my sister gave me a tear-off calendar for Christmas: every day a horrible picture and a great one-liner. I love that stuff.
    • @nycsc4 ... This file should only include the texture and lot files - due to copyright reasons I have to link to anything that is not mine (the stadium in this case). I'm not sure what you mean by the "invisible KS file." On the OneDrive, there is a button for KS_AllianzArena 15x12 which once downloaded, will give a *.7z file. If you're using the default windows extractor, it may be a problem (not sure if it can handle 7zip files or not), but something like winrar should unzip it just fine. The .desc and .model files you need will be right there. Let me know if that's not working for you.