• Moose

2 Screenshots

About This File

MTP Medical Landing Strip

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is it another landing strip?

Well, yes... but this one is not found in the airport menu... but it is found in the hospital menu.

When you live out in the sticks, boonies, wop wops, or for the Aussies, the out-back... and little Johnny falls out of the apple tree and breaks both arms and both legs, or old Jethro, crushes his fingers in the combine harvester... or Sally-Ann goes into premature labour... you need a hospital. Well that can be a problem if the only town for miles around only has a small clinic, that can only deal with minor injuries and ailments. If the nearest hospital is in the next tile, or 4 hours drive away you are going to need a faster way to get to hospital.

The MTP Medical Landing Strip, provides maximum medical coverage, equipped with both a Medi-vac helicopter and also a fixed wing air ambulance. Well the air ambulance is actually the local sky diving plane, but it is roomy, and you can get a stretchered patient in the back.

Features:
Menu - Hospital
Coverage - Maximum
Cost - $750
Monthly - $500 (adjustable)
Bulldoze - $100
Needs power and water
Equipped with a small, on site clinic, but for anything more serious than a band aid they will fly you out to the nearest fully equipped hospital.
Nightlighting - Buildings, and portable flood lighting for heli-pad.

UDI (U-Drive it) - Ambulance, Medi-vac Helicopter (requires large medical center in tile), without a large medical center, the helicopter will still periodically take off and return.
Air Ambulance (Sky-Diving Plane - requires a landing strip in tile)

*Fly from the medical landing strip to any other airport in your tile!

Dependency
PEG-MTP Super Pack

To install, unzip into your C: documents/Simcity 4/Plugins folder.
To remove, delete from the plugins folder.

User Feedback

I have no idea what the wop wops are, but this is awsome, especially since I've worked in health care for years. I'm grateful someone came up with something like this, even if I am a Yankee!
DrFlex likes this

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Pegasus
      Please note as it was discussed under the PLEX support thread, this file has been uploaded on behalf of Pegasus. It was not available anymore due to the the demise of SimPeg. All the works in this download were created by Pegasus.
      The PEG CSK2 Locks have been updated for use with the PEG PPond Canals and ploppable water. This new lot is a "one lot fits all"... in that it can be used both with the canals and the PPond ploppable water.
      But wait... There's more.  This is also a "2fer" lot... as in 2 for 1... as the same lot now replaces the CSK2 Ocean Lock as well. It can also be plopped along your coastlines and used with the PEG CDK3 & OWW2 coastal collection of lots. That's one less menu icon to scroll around looking for.  [YEA !!]

* If you are not familiar with these Lock lots, they are used to allow your canals to change altitudes. The PPond ploppable water that is used to make lakes, rivers and streams has waterfall lots for that purpose. However, the Locks are the only viable & realistic way for a canal to traverse down a slope.

The Lock uses timed props to create an animation effect. During the day, the Lock will change several times from being full to being lowered. Various river Scows will also appear in the Lock.
      Like the original, the Lock will automatically adjust to various heights of the slope. There's no need for precise terrain editing... although the area above and below the Lock should be level.
      The new Lock has been reduced in size to only 4 tiles deep... but it is still 2x tiles wide. The upper-level canal section on the original has been removed so the Lock is not limited to use only with the Canals... and it could also be used with any other type of ploppable water or canal style.

* Please be sure to consult the Developer's Notes section of the included readme file for details on plopping and using this lot.
      All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.
      Dependency:

• By MayorBCL
      I'm working with a modded hospital like MaxiMed, or Memorial Hospital.  Whenever I get about 2 million residents, it doesn't matter how many hospitals I build, all of them have the same patient number and capacity.  I used the Ilives reader to jack the capacity up to 999,999, but when I get back into the game, the capacity isn't nearly that high, and the same problem ensues.  
      Any thoughts?
    • By ShadeSlayer
      About
      It's finally here! SCAG Cargo Lots by ShadeSlayer (SCAG-CLSS) is a series of lots aimed to enhance the cargo aspect of SimCity Airports.

There is a large update for this pack planned for April 2010. While game crashes are unlikely, we are going to remove that possibility and update dependencies. Thanks.

SCAG-CLSS are purely eyecandy, and are not functional.

Included with this package are the following:
      The plane/building lots; Some cargo props created by various members of SCAG (noted below); A readme file; A cleanitol dependency checker; and Some pictures to make it look pretty. All of this is contained in a .zip file. There is no EXE installer as to maintain cross-compatability between different Operating Systems.

Installation Instructions
      Unzip (extract) the .ZIP file into your "My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins" folder.

Dependencies
      Sorry for the huge amount of dependencies, but I created this under the assumption that most users downloading this would already have airports, and thus, have about half of the dependencies already.
      AC MEGA Textures vol1 AC Cargo Planes vol1 AC MEGA Props vol2 AC MEGA Props vol5 ACB-VLT Series 2 BSC MEGA Textures Cycledogg vol1 BSC MEGA Props jestarr vol1 BSC MEGA Props jestarr vol2 BSC MEGA Props jestarr vol3 BSC MEGA Props Gascooker vol1 Warehouse BATProps Part A Warehouse BATProps Part B Warehouse Mega Pack You may also use the included Cleanitol file to make this job easier...

Credits/Thanks
      This package was created by myself, with assistance with some fellow team members in the area of prop making, namely:

joelyboy911: Cargo Loaders
      cameron1991: LD3 containers
      RustyXL: LD3 carts
      AC Team: for creating the plane models

Also thanks to the SCAG team. Without them, this probably wouldn't have been as face-smashingly awesome.

Copyright
      Copyright © 2009, SimCity Aviation Group
      Protected under the Creative Commons License

Do not redistribute the included lots without direct permission.

Contact
      If you wish to contact me, my email is:

SCAG Team Room: www.sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php

• By 911Diva
      OK, I realize I am new to the  snow mod, but I installed  Peg's mods for a few different ski, trail, clinic, fire buildings.  And now when I opened the game back up, all my regions were covered with snow.  It was August on the date counter.  Is this right???
    • By CapTon
      NOTE: This mod conflicts with the Medical Enhancement Pack, but will not crash your game or ruin any city of yours if installed alongside this enhancement pack.
      Hey all

What this distribution mod does:
      - Allows you to plop hospital ambulances anywhere (still as modules)
      - Allows you to plop up to twelve ambulances

NOTE: This mod is NOT a cheat. It is a trick to be used for the efficient distribution of hospital ambulances in your cities for the ultimate health coverage.
      RECOMMENDATION: Place these hospital ambulances at the corners of intersections to ensure that the ambulances will be able to get out.

Here's the video:

How to install:
      - Install the 00_OFFLINE_CAPTON_citywideambulancedistribution.package file into your SimCityData folder.
      - Install the other two files into your SimCityUserData/Packages folder.

Mod Edit: Corrected the file name in the How to install section.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• It doesn't even look like a convention center. Looks like a building at a community college or a state university.
    • Wow, what a fantastic building! I like the intricate shapes of this one, and the many different areas. There are so many details to take in that it really takes a while to grasp the entire structure. I also agree that there's not much going in in terms of conference centres, so this really fills a gap. Kudos for all the reward modding too - I know that part is pretty tedious und ungratifying work (unless you're some sick masochist ). What I also like is how well the lot complements the building, and it acomplishes that with so few and so simple means. Just a few default overlays and props, and we have a lot that leaves nothing to be desired. The one tiny suggestion I have is that all your recent buildings have had their names (and, in cases like this one, also their function) baked into the model. This is not bad generally because it allows a better visual appearance, but sometimes it limits flexibility a bit. The building in question could totally double as a modern city college, for example, or maybe even as a university (not all modern universities are sitting on a lush campus, after all!), but then there's the "Convention Center" lettering in front. I guess it can be covered with cleverly placed flora props... Fun fact: I never knew that there was an Occupant Group "burning dude maker" - what the...???
    • Do we need to delete Oppie's and replace yours?   Ps. Thank you so much for revamping this amazing mod.
    • Can someone make the Wilshire Grand Tower for SimCity3000?