• Moose

2 Screenshots

About This File

Let it snow, Let it snow... Let it Snow!! The PEG Snow Mod has been completely revamped and updated to turn your cities into Winter Wonderlands. All the old separate mods have been updated and combined into a single download that will install everything into a single folder. Just move that folder in or out of your Plugins folder to turn the snow on or off. Everything is automatic. No need to bulldoze or replop. Just install the mod, fire up the game... and see your cities instantly transformed with a completely new look.

There's plenty of new mojo under the hood, Boys & Girls. Not only has the number of converted textures tripled, the mod now turns off or changes many props and lots to snow covered versions. Trees get covered in snow, ponds freeze over to ice... and seasonal flowers and shrubs go away until you decide that Winter is over and Spring should be sprung. 

A large part of the mod is dedicated to converting MTP material. But if you do not use the MTP, fear not. Everything is in separate files and you can easily remove any part of the mod that you don't need or want to use.

The mod focuses on soft textures (grass & dirt, etc) and leaves most of the hard surfaces (concrete & asphalt, etc) as they are to create that "snowed on but shoveled" look. The game will remain fully playable as you can still see roadways and other transit routes... and undeveloped zones will still be visible.

Lets unwrap this puppy and see what you get:

1.  The Main Mod.
Contains  snow versions of the game default textures and terrain textures.

2. The MTP Patch Mod.
Contains snow versions of custom MTP textures. Also includes some extra mojo to modify certain MTP props and lots.

3.  The Flora Fix.
Turns off various game-default flowers you normally wouldn't see in the snow. Changes bushes to snow covered versions. Also converts game-default trees to winter versions; pines to snow covered pines and leafy trees to snowy leafless winter trees. Palm trees are converted to snowy pines.

4. Snow Covered Trees.
Turns the PEG Pines into snow covered versions. Separate files for both the old and new  versions of the trees.

5. Seasonal Tree Patch.
Forces the PEG Seasonal Trees to remain in their winter state.

6. Mayor Flora Patch.
Hides many of the PEG Mayor Flora menu ploppable props, such as super-detailing terrain textures, that do not look good with snow. It also hides the menu icons so you can't accidental plop what you can't see. 

7. MTP Rural Avenue, Road & Street  Patches.
Separate patch files to make the MTP Rural Avenue, Road & Street mods blend better with the snow.

8. MTP Plaza Patch.
Replaces the lot-sized plaza models with snow-covered versions. Iced over fountains, snowy trees & planters. Even the fence posts and rails are topped with snow.

9. OWW2 Patch.
Converts the trees and parkways of the OWW2, Marina and Seaport Village lots to snow covered versions.

10. Diagonal Network Patch.
Converts the straight sections of diagonal roads and avenues to not have the "zig-zag" staircase appearance when lots or zones are placed next to them.

* Please consult the included readme file for more detailed information about each file included in the mod. 

* Please note that the Snow Mod creates a snow-covered effect by converting game ground textures to snow versions. While this mod converts all game-default and PEG custom textures to snow versions, it is not possible to also include snow versions of custom textures provided by other developers. However, the required base & overlay textures required to convert other textures can be copied from the mod and used by any developer who wishes to make compatible snow versions of their own textures. 

** This file has no direct dependencies. However...

the MTP patches require the installation of the
various MTP components they modify.  

All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.

User Feedback

This looks AMAZING. I just had to download it as soon as I saw it, and now I can't wait to start up the game and see what it all looks like! :D
3 people like this

Share this comment

MattShizzle: That would be cool. But this is more like a terrain mod... on steroids. It relies heavily on manipulating textures which... unfortunately, the game has no provision to make seasonal.
4 people like this

Share this comment

Well, it puts snow on everything but the terrain. Any reason why?
2 people like this

Share this comment

Well, I guess I traded one problem for a new one. I have found out the problem was that I had a terrain mod installed and I had forget to uninstall it. The new problem? My game now crashes. So I went and deleted both the terrain mod and this one and I had the same result. I then reinstalled the original terrain mod and everything was fine. Anyone got a fix for this?
2 people like this

Share this comment

WOW, this is great! Everything in one place! Thanks Peg! 5/5
1 person likes this

Share this comment

Great job Peg! This looks great, although it would be cool if it were only seasonal, but I understand. 5/5! :D
1 person likes this

Share this comment

@Jezus53: Well, if your game crashes without mods, but is "stable" with mods, then you should take a good hard look at your plugins - there must be some leftovers somewhere which cause the crash (meaning you have probably not deleted all components of some mod(s))...
2 people like this

Share this comment

Jezus53: A proper terrain mod should not crash the game when it is removed. I don't know which one you are using. Try posting the problem at the SimPeg site and we'll try to help you figure it out.
2 people like this

Share this comment

Looks great! I can have a virtual white Christmas... while in reality Sydney is so hot it'll start to burn up.
1 person likes this

Share this comment

i would like too use this but it won't show up in game same with my other plugins could somebody please help
1 person likes this

Share this comment

excellent have been holding back with snow until there was something like this thanks Peg
1 person likes this

Share this comment

Wow, you are the master of transforming the entire game. It's like you used to work with Maxis. :P Anyway 5/5!
1 person likes this

Share this comment

Um... I'm kind of new and I would really like to download but whenever I click on the "download" icon (on the left below the pictures) nothing happens. I'd be really happy to have some help, make some new friends, and eventually be able to create my own UBER mod. Please help! Thanks! 8)
1 person likes this

Share this comment

Hardly anything good on the STEX lately, glad we have you to keep up our moral. Cool Mod, or should I say *Cold Mod*. ;) Very nicely done and well thought about. Good stuff!
2 people like this

Share this comment

This snow modd is absolutely wonderful. I love it, my city looks like a winter wonderland. Keep up the awesome work!!!
1 person likes this

Share this comment

I agree to the very first comment is this only seasonal? coz i dont wanna be all snow all year x] awesome job though!
1 person likes this

Share this comment

would it be possible to create a simpel program, that selects the correct textures based on your computers date then Runs SC4 with them? Great Modd
1 person likes this

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By pcwhiz24
      This is the story of a humble little town with big dreams, dreams to become a metropolis, and overcome major obstacles.
       In this journal, the Mayor (Me) will take on the challenge of starting with the zero simoleons mod, and build a city that will reach 1 million sims population, from nothing! (On hard mode of course)
      I can't take this on alone without sharing this, so I will document every step and every obstacle I encounter to ultimately achieve such a huge undertaking, and I will need all the help I can get! Together, we shall do this, test your knowledge of this game and help this city grow.
      The screenshots will be a mix of unedited with UI, and more aesthetic ones for the story. This journal will go in depth into the struggles the mayor and how he builds a city in an unforgiving world.
      The World... Also, these cities are in the same planet as The World Journal!   Where does this take place?   Note that this does not take place on Earth but on another Earth-like planet that hasn't been discovered in real life. There will be way more information on this later on in the story, including space shots but here's the general summary:  It is close to our sun as well in our Galaxy. The differences in these worlds are, it's slightly smaller than Earth, (gravity 95% of Earth, 100 pound on Earth = 95 pounds on here). The planet is referred to as "Earth" by it's inhabitants, but we have no name for it yet. It has two smaller moons as opposed to one, and due to it's tilt and moons, every 10-20 years, there is major climate instability for about a year. Instead of Countries, it is divided into several republics their sub-divisions. The two main ones to worry about are the Blue Republic and White Republic. Cities can register once their considered a "city" to them depending on their political affiliations. (Democratic, etc.) There are many cultures around the world. White republic are primarily English/American-like, while Blue Republic are more European, English, Italian, French, etc. There are wars, there is famine, and problems just like our Earth, with the climate leveling the playing field every decade or two.     I will be using no cheats, no demand mods or any major game-altering mods (other than the zero simoleon mod). Only NAM with CLASSIC traffic controller (the standard Maxis one) installed. Basically, this is almost the same UN-modded SC4 deluxe game but with cosmetic mods and buildings.
      Before I start, I choose my starting Mods, NAM being the first one of course:
      Note the classic traffic Simulator is selected, to make it harder for me
      Here is the plugins folder I'm using for all this:
      If there's any mods you guys recommend, please don't hesitate to tell me! (unless it's a cheaty-mod!) Basically...this is it for now. All the mods I need.
      I will add many more mods to this game, whether this could be larger custom BAT schools/hospitals or fire/police stations. The only rule is: No Cheat mods or anything that gives me an "unfair advantage." If it makes the game harder however, then I'll take it! 

The Beginning...
      We start out on a large map, with plenty of land for 1 million sims, and a beach south east. It has lots of forests, a few small hills and large plains. The only downside is that the location of the map is highly conductive to super-cell thunderstorms, making it highly prone to tornadoes and waterspouts (kind of like tornado alley), flooding and electrical storms.
      The settlers find the perfect spot, a nice little patch surrounded by beautiful lodge poles, oaks and many other types of trees:
      Take note, there is absolutely NO money to start with. How is this possible, you may ask?
      With a nice little $5000 loan of course!
      The city shall be named "Woodland Metropolis II"
      With no other choice, we will have to start our city in debt!
      We'll have to spend our money wisely, and we shall start very small...
      A small simple street.
      It's all we need for now. The Windmill seems like the perfect plant to begin with. We lower the budget to 10!
      A challenge like this really makes you keep mind of your budget, and to truly minimize your expenses. It'll be a while before I become profitable!
      We have a nice, small little town! Unfortunately, we're already at a loss...We're losing $30 a month, most of which is coming from the loan payments!
      Two small shops, a few houses and two farms makes up this quaint little village. It's hard to believe that one day, this place will have 1 million sims!
      In a desperate attempt, I zoned a small industrial factory just north of the two stores;
      But this required raising the funding for the Windmill to supply the power to the hungry factory! We're making more money but we're also losing more money! This could be the beginning and the end, with only $273 left!
      (Note how the main loss is from the loans, but we can't afford to wait can we?)
      So here we stand, with our money dwindling, we are already losing this town. Is this the end? The shortest City journal ever to grace Simtropolis?
      We have three options:
      1. raise the taxes,
      2. Take out another loan
      3. Invest the rest of what we have and cross my fingers...
      Woodland Metropolis II has over 90 Sims, all low wealth, with two shops, two farms and a factory.
      We need your help! What can we do? Comment below for suggestions and we shall see in the next update if the crisis is resolved! Stay tuned...
    • By Judazzz
      Hey guys,
      I've  been enjoying Cities: Skylines basically since release day, immensely helped by all the awesome stuff the community created, and felt that after so much taking, it was time for a little giving.
      In real life I'm a front-end/C# developer, and in my free time I love to travel and run riot with my camera (and again web developing: recently my travel website went live, a labor of love/vitriolic hatred of 10 years). With that in mind, it's not surprising I ended up creating a mod that goes right after the aesthetics. The result: Ultimate Eyecandy *tadaaaa*

Some more action photo's.

Addendum April 4th, 2016:

I'm making slow but steady progress, not in the least by deciding to ditch a couple of features on my wishlist for a later stage
      Most important for the time being is to create a stable and robust base to which future features can be added. What remains are basically the features that are visible in the various screenshots.
      ETA for v1.0.0: for the time being unknown.

Wish list (not to be confused with a to-do lost - these are features I'd love to add, but not sure how feasible they are):

- setting to turn on/off building night lights at will, without messing with the actual simulation (based on what I've found so far, the two seem rather intertwined).
      - color picker to change the fog color;
      - color picker to change air pollution color;
      - slider to change the strength of 'ground wetness';
      - LUT Creator: apply various settings to a neutral LUT (color channels, brightness, contrast, lightness, etc.) and export/upload the result as a custom LUT;
      - a modular set-up: this mod will be the core, and other graphics-related mods can be integrated as 'plug-ins', each with a menu item/tab of their own. Think (orphaned) mods like Dynamic Resolution, BorderCities and/or Ambient Occlusion;
      - who knows what else I'll come up with (feel free to make suggestions!)

For who is this mod:
      - modelers that want to take screenshots of their assets in every imaginable weather/ambient condition;
      - players that like to have control over the environment when making Let's Plays;
      - players that love to have a more artistic/photographic approach to taking screenshots;
      - players that like to watch their city in different conditions without having to wait (for example until the game finally decides to let it rain);
      - anyone else

Thank you:
      - Boformer, BloodyPenguin and SamsamTS for making their mods publicly available on Github: I learned tons by just studying their mods;
      - AJ3D for helping me to get started and taking my first baby steps in the wonderful world of CSL modding!

If anyone has questions, suggestions, comments or remarks, don't hesitate to let me know! After all, this mod will be for y'alls!
    • By Bipin
      Thank you for choosing Bipin's Industry Essentials pack! This download comes packed with four growable and ploppable warehouse and factory outbuildings, three smokestacks, a massive cooling tower, two utility buildings; one for power and one for water, as well as the essential transit-enabled lots for an HD, grungy road that may be plopped over the standard Maxis ones to give some old-time appeal! Furthermore, some filler items and extra props for the lotters out there are included.

This is my largest upload to date. Don't forget to check out the pictures to see what's in store. You can expect to see "Vol. 2 - The Rust Belt" soon. Also be sure to check out my thread to see what's coming up after this: 
      community.simtropolis.com/topic/46654-bats-by-bipin/?view=getlastpost

Required Dependency Links:

http://workingman-productions.co.uk/downloads/wmp_power_lots.html
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27701-paengs-gridbuster-warehouses-vol01/
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26504-wmp-allotment-set/
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26425-paengs-grunge-concrete-set/
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28814-paengs-grunge-ind-alleys/

Optional Dependency Link:

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27200-light-replacement-mod-lrm-v40-mega-pack/

Psst... I hope you enjoy this little Festivus/Christmas present Simtropolis. I've been pretty ill recently, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from giving all you deserving members out there a gift!
    • By DannyN
      Everytime when I open a game with the "Ploppable RICO" mod on, it shows a message with an error. Also, the mod doesn't show up ingame
      The message says:
      A Mod caused an error [ModException]
      Details:
      System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ColossalFramework.PlatformServices.PublishedFileId' from assembly 'ColossalManaged, Version=0.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
        at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[PluginInfo] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
        at PloppableRICO.Util.IsModEnabled (UInt64 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
        at PloppableRICO.XMLManager.Run () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
        at PloppableRICO.Loading.OnLevelLoaded (LoadMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
        at LoadingWrapper.OnLevelLoaded (UpdateMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      ModException: A Mod caused an error
    • By PUGG3RS Gaming
      Hello Guys and Welcome back to another Tutorial for Cities: Skylines with me, Pug Gaming. 
      In this Video I wanted to answer a questions that is often asked to myself and various social media platforms... "What Mods do you use for detailing"? Therefore this collection should aid you to add more details to your city and fill those blank spaces.
      Please let me know your thoughts and whether I am missing anything that you current find of some use when it comes to detailing.

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments