• Moose

2 Screenshots

About This File

Let it snow, Let it snow... Let it Snow!! The PEG Snow Mod has been completely revamped and updated to turn your cities into Winter Wonderlands. All the old separate mods have been updated and combined into a single download that will install everything into a single folder. Just move that folder in or out of your Plugins folder to turn the snow on or off. Everything is automatic. No need to bulldoze or replop. Just install the mod, fire up the game... and see your cities instantly transformed with a completely new look.

There's plenty of new mojo under the hood, Boys & Girls. Not only has the number of converted textures tripled, the mod now turns off or changes many props and lots to snow covered versions. Trees get covered in snow, ponds freeze over to ice... and seasonal flowers and shrubs go away until you decide that Winter is over and Spring should be sprung. 

A large part of the mod is dedicated to converting MTP material. But if you do not use the MTP, fear not. Everything is in separate files and you can easily remove any part of the mod that you don't need or want to use.

The mod focuses on soft textures (grass & dirt, etc) and leaves most of the hard surfaces (concrete & asphalt, etc) as they are to create that "snowed on but shoveled" look. The game will remain fully playable as you can still see roadways and other transit routes... and undeveloped zones will still be visible.

Lets unwrap this puppy and see what you get:

1.  The Main Mod.
Contains  snow versions of the game default textures and terrain textures.

2. The MTP Patch Mod.
Contains snow versions of custom MTP textures. Also includes some extra mojo to modify certain MTP props and lots.

3.  The Flora Fix.
Turns off various game-default flowers you normally wouldn't see in the snow. Changes bushes to snow covered versions. Also converts game-default trees to winter versions; pines to snow covered pines and leafy trees to snowy leafless winter trees. Palm trees are converted to snowy pines.

4. Snow Covered Trees.
Turns the PEG Pines into snow covered versions. Separate files for both the old and new  versions of the trees.

5. Seasonal Tree Patch.
Forces the PEG Seasonal Trees to remain in their winter state.

6. Mayor Flora Patch.
Hides many of the PEG Mayor Flora menu ploppable props, such as super-detailing terrain textures, that do not look good with snow. It also hides the menu icons so you can't accidental plop what you can't see. 

7. MTP Rural Avenue, Road & Street  Patches.
Separate patch files to make the MTP Rural Avenue, Road & Street mods blend better with the snow.

8. MTP Plaza Patch.
Replaces the lot-sized plaza models with snow-covered versions. Iced over fountains, snowy trees & planters. Even the fence posts and rails are topped with snow.

9. OWW2 Patch.
Converts the trees and parkways of the OWW2, Marina and Seaport Village lots to snow covered versions.

10. Diagonal Network Patch.
Converts the straight sections of diagonal roads and avenues to not have the "zig-zag" staircase appearance when lots or zones are placed next to them.

* Please consult the included readme file for more detailed information about each file included in the mod. 

* Please note that the Snow Mod creates a snow-covered effect by converting game ground textures to snow versions. While this mod converts all game-default and PEG custom textures to snow versions, it is not possible to also include snow versions of custom textures provided by other developers. However, the required base & overlay textures required to convert other textures can be copied from the mod and used by any developer who wishes to make compatible snow versions of their own textures. 

** This file has no direct dependencies. However...

the MTP patches require the installation of the
various MTP components they modify.  

All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.

User Feedback

Well, I guess I traded one problem for a new one. I have found out the problem was that I had a terrain mod installed and I had forget to uninstall it. The new problem? My game now crashes. So I went and deleted both the terrain mod and this one and I had the same result. I then reinstalled the original terrain mod and everything was fine. Anyone got a fix for this?
mitsos and Jezus53 like this

Share this comment

@Jezus53: Well, if your game crashes without mods, but is "stable" with mods, then you should take a good hard look at your plugins - there must be some leftovers somewhere which cause the crash (meaning you have probably not deleted all components of some mod(s))...
simcity4fan12 and paeng like this

Share this comment

Jezus53: A proper terrain mod should not crash the game when it is removed. I don't know which one you are using. Try posting the problem at the SimPeg site and we'll try to help you figure it out.
Pegasus and simcity4fan12 like this

Share this comment

Um... I'm kind of new and I would really like to download but whenever I click on the "download" icon (on the left below the pictures) nothing happens. I'd be really happy to have some help, make some new friends, and eventually be able to create my own UBER mod. Please help! Thanks! 8)
NeilaSteel likes this

Share this comment

would it be possible to create a simpel program, that selects the correct textures based on your computers date then Runs SC4 with them? Great Modd
T18 likes this

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/17/2017

Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By rsc204
      Intro
      The SAM (Street Addon Mod - NAM) is one of those indispensable mods, adding a wealth of variety to street networks. But SAM 6 however was a little too bright for my tastes, so I've darkened it to reduce it's visual impact. This is one of those little things I often tinker with, I figured some others may find a use for it too.

On the way I've added optional support for the following:
      Full EU Textures. Additional crossing support for both PEG205 and RealRailway (RRW) crossings. Modified many avenue and rail pieces to add grass to better blend in with your game. Install
      First, note if you are updating from v1 of this mod, you need to remove that manually. Find the folder z____MGB Darkened SAM-6 Mod (assuming you used the default setup) and simply remove it.
      Run the included .exe Installer, built with NSIS. It will allow you to choose from a number of options and then install the files you need, simples!
      If you don't like installers or are a Mac/Linux user, the option is there to open the archive with 7zip or similar. However it may be tricky to find the right options, not a lot I can do about that sorry.

By default this mod will install to the directory z____MGB Mods/Q - SAM6 Darkened. I highly recommend you DO NOT change this. It's been smartly designed to integrate with many other mods if left alone.
      Users of the RRW Reskin will want to manually delete the rail textures after install file (SAM 6 Darkened Rail - RRW.dat) or overwrite it with the equivalent from RUM for RRW. (note this is not yet in place at the time of writing).
      Please read the included readme, as always it contains important information. As for all my mods, after installation, you can find it in:
      My Documents\SimCity 4\LEX_Downloads\MGB Mods
      This is to avoid clutter in your plugins folder
      Dependencies
      Network Addon Mod (NAM) with the Street Addon Mod (SAM), specifically SAM 6 selected.
      Support
      Having problems or Got comments? Then please visit my support/development thread on Simtropolis:

• By Urban_Shadow
      Hi there, I looking for some tutorials on how to get started with this, I don't have any exp. on moding but I would like to start with simple goal mind, creating a new, functional building.
      I've been looking around and there are some tutorials but they are too confusing for me since I don't know where to start, and so, I though about a simple guideline of what I want to do.
      If I want to add a new building I should:
      1.- Learn how to make a building, what tools do I need, how do I use them, can I import a model from other progams like photoshop or a 3D modeling program?
      2.- Learn how to add it to the game, without replacing an existing one and place it in the correct tab.
      3.- Adding stats to it, I don't want it to be free, I want it to have a cost, a monthly fee, demo cost and if possible, fundings.
      4.- Giving it properties so they have an effect other than just be there, that means produce energy, clean pollution, increase coverage, raise or lower land value, provide housing, business and/or jobs, etc.
      5.- Make it an unlocklable so it's not avaible from the start until certain requirements are met like date, population, ratings, etc.
      My goal is to expand my gameplay and knowlage, I know there are tons of mods out there, but I would like to do it myself and create my own things.
      So there, any help would be great, thanks.
      PD: I want to try using my own stuff and not others, thanks again.
    • By NICK97
      Mod Requirement(s):: Cities XXL Community Patch Mod XL Nation Furniture Dependency Pack Game Requirement(s):: Cities XL 2011 Cities XL 2012 Cities XL Platinum Cities XXL  
      Note: This Mod makes game money income easy Only In The Game
    • By kingofsimcity
      KOSC Presents: IndustryMania - Trucking Essentials
      Introduction
      Do you want to recreate a large distribution center with ample truck parking space of all angles and populate them with tons of random trailers from different freight and logistic companies? This essentials package, which is the prelude to my upcoming IndustryMania re-lot series, provides a set of custom truck parking textures and prop families for @MushyMushy's HD North American trucks which will allow you to do just that.
      Package Overview
      This package contains a set of 38 unique overlay textures, offered in either white or yellow paint for a total of 76. Additionally, there are 36 prop families that cover all of the props included in the original trailers and semi cab sets. Additional details are in the enclosed README.
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. Note that the prop families DAT supersedes the original props' .sc4desc files. It is recommended that you relocate or remove the original from your plugins folder to avoid potential conflict. 
      Dependencies
      The textures are standalone and will not require any dependencies. However, the prop families will not function properly without the original trucks:
      Props
      HD North American 40ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 HD North American 53ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 HD North American Semi Truck Cabs Vol. 1 Credit goes to MushyMushy for the wonderful set of trailers and semis!
      Enjoy!
    • By chaosdarkclown
      Do any of you know what causes this? Certain mods? Buggy Sc4 files?
      Had this problem for months
      I have no idea, ide be so grateful for any help or info
      Thanks 

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Thank-you for making it clear how to connect the water pump.   It was a detail that I overlooked in my description because I was running the tests using the utility radius mod.   I think from now on in my descriptions I will offer to assist anyone that may have issues with making the lot work.  That may help preventing jumping to conclusions.  I'm including a new preview using @CorinaMarie 's graphic that shows how to connect the pump.
    • Ah! Howdy! Those are cars! Especially the red one shortens commuter times!
    • I followed the steps that came up but in the end there was an error message, "The system cannot find the file specified"
    • In nature, the complex of dance begins with single cells, tropisms, although independently motivated according to the nucleus responding to gravity, tides and light, but gradually all evolution can be seen as a dance of chemicals and forms.  The more complex the dance, the more complex the life-form.   When I watch male and female figure skaters I am stunned by the extreme complexity of coordination of physical, sensory, cognitive and pure ability of flight that my species is capable of.    Dare I say, I am honored to be human.   All our technology and art are just toys compared to the actual material ability of ourselves as conscious physical beings.  As well, in the sciences, male and female have unique cognitive and perceptual abilities that are complimentary and mutually facilitative.  There's no limit to what can be achieved by human beings who know how to dance.
    • The water texture is designed to show dynamic flow, a churning of the water as if an industrial process is taking place.   Its supposed to be clean fresh water, so it would appear more saturated blue with whitecaps.  The texture and saturation also helps to distinguish it as clearly water and matches the tone and texture of the surrounding buildings.   In my texture pack I designed 4 different water textures for different applications of light.   As well, the darker tone of the water would be natural to the depth and confined space where there would be less scattering of light. Go ahead and feel free to suggest another one, or one you can imagine that might fit better.  Thanks for the feedback.