• Moose

PEG Power Tower Pylons 1

(4.57)    (111 Reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Feel the Power.  What a Rush !!

This is a simple mod that reskins the existing game default Power Transmission Towers to a consistent silvery-gray / oxidized metal color.  The red "candy stripe" paint scheme is fairly rare and this uniform galvanized gray color is far more common.

The game default towers are done well and the design is a common one. So only the "red" had to go. These are not new BAT models. The images used by the 4 tower models were exported, modified to remove the red... and imported back into the game.

* Once installed in your Plugins folder, the mod will change the appearance of all the power transmission towers in the game. To change them back, simply remove the file from your Plugins folder. The changes are instant and automatic. There is no need to replop the towers. 

** No dependencies.

All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.

2 people like this

User Feedback

THANK YOU ! I always hated that garish red color. Much more discrete now.
2 people like this

Share this comment

It looks way better, but there are 2 shades of the gray i can see, might wanna fix that
1 person likes this

Share this comment

Very realistic... it would be cool if there was some way that other variations of other draggable power lines around... like lower voltage for smaller towns and grids. 10/10
4 people like this

Share this comment

Thank you ! I was waiting for this since I began to play this game, and you did it !

Share this comment

T'was about time that someone changes this. The only place place I have seen this red and white towers are in some places where the line crosses a large river and only for two towers. I never used these lines before exactly because of this and now, it's just like a new BAT. Great! ....and thanks for the idea.

Share this comment

Great idea, PEG! Actually never thought of this as a problem, but I think that this would add even more realism to the game. Thanks!

Share this comment

these are great. I usaly avoid using the games power lines for carying short distances and put in power liens un nessesarly to make realistic power trancemission lines, no dead ended short lines, and this ads to the realisium and visual effect tremendously

Share this comment

100/10!!!!! Why did everybody make weird powerlines that have to be on level land instead of doing this!!
1 person likes this

Share this comment

10/10 pegasus, ive been hating that default colour scheme since day one, excellent work yet again :)

Share this comment

So these are similar to Fukuda's except for the fact that they retain the Maxis models. I can dig it.

Share this comment

I was going to suggest this today but... hey thanks PEG you got it for us :)

Share this comment

Finally! Because I have been trying to make an English style region, you have no idea how long I have been waiting for something like this! Thanks so much!!!

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By RandyE
      An application for post-nuclear technological civilization.
      8 (width) x 4 (depth) Lot Size. Power and Water produced: 8,000,000 MWh/ Gal. per hr.  Water Treatment and Recycling: 1,000,000/ 60%,   Maintenance Cost: 0, Monthly Income: 50000. Landmark and Park Effect: 10 over 20,  Pollution Reduction -10 over 50.  Transit and Network enabled.  Maxis Night Lighting. Location: Power Menu, Business Deals, Trash Presort Ordinance
      The textures file below is no longer a dependency. I've extracted the 4 metal textures and included them in the folder containing the lot.  If the texture file below is used then delete the 'BaseTexturesElements_Metal.dat' (40K) file in the 'Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant' folder as the textures don't need to be loaded twice.  (The metals textures .dat file may be freely used and included in works other than for the purpose of this lot.)
      Dependencies:  Base Textures Vol 1 Elements for metal base textures.
      NO DEPENDENCIES
      FOLDER: Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant
      There are now 2 sub-folders containing 2 versions of the power plant, one has the 50K business deal, and the other has a 50K cost for plopping the lot but no business deal.  Use either the 50K PlopCost folder or 50K BusDeal, not both.  Select one and delete the other. The lots are copies of each other so the game will not separate them into independent lots. Neither have maintenance costs.

Description:

What this power plant (hypothetically) does is filter neutrinos from the origin of the universe that are the background static before all construct of atomic matter.  The series of high power super-cooled magnetic plates slow down the neutrinos until they exert inertial force which is converted to thermal energy driving electric generator turbines.
      For the electric power needs of the entire world, only one of these plants is required as its capability of generation of power vastly exceeds what the demand would ever be for civilization on Earth. 
      This power plant requires no use of any other fuel and produces no waste or radioactivity.  There are no costs involved in either construction or maintenance as the power plant, once operating, eliminates the need for any form of abstract valuation of property, labor or resources.   There are no security risks in the operation of this power plant as there is no excess of source, transmission or storage of energy.     
      Dedicated in memory of March, 11, 2011.
      Install:
      To install first open the Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant folder and choose one of the versions, delete the other sub-folder.   Copy and paste the Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant folder into your User\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins folder. 
    • By RandyE
      On the STEX you'll find several different kinds of power plants representing a variety of post-doctorate theses on the advance of energy technology.  The Energy Data Packaging Plant represents my contribution to the plausible power plants collection.
      This plant packs more energy data into subatomic particles. Nuclear structure remains intact and the laws of thermodynamics are not broken, you just get more "bang" for your boson, thus, the Energy Data Packaging Plant generates 4X the power of the hydrogen fusion core using the wind turbine as its examplar.  H2O is produced equal to the volume of a large water pump.
      Well-educated technicians and maximum funding are recommended as a 2 picosecond delay before the acceleration of light must be maintained to prevent a supernova reaction.
      All props and lighting are Maxis dependent.
      INSTALL:  Add the 'Energy Data Packaging Plant' folder containing the lot file to your 'User\ Documents\ Simcity 4\ Plugins' folder.

Help?

• By leblanc.pat
      Ive noticed peg is down and cant find downloads for it, i still have a few on my computer...wondering if it would help to upload them somewhere. if so, tell me what to do so the stuff doesn't die.
    • By fsamuel420
      i was wondering if this is a common issue in the game... you can see the middle normal road has a nice 90 degree natural curve, now when i try to apply it to the dirt road version it doesn't work or just goes back to the normal road look. Anyone know any solutions around this?

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments