• Moose

PEG Power Tower Pylons 1

(4.57)    (111 Reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Feel the Power.  What a Rush !!

This is a simple mod that reskins the existing game default Power Transmission Towers to a consistent silvery-gray / oxidized metal color.  The red "candy stripe" paint scheme is fairly rare and this uniform galvanized gray color is far more common.

The game default towers are done well and the design is a common one. So only the "red" had to go. These are not new BAT models. The images used by the 4 tower models were exported, modified to remove the red... and imported back into the game.

* Once installed in your Plugins folder, the mod will change the appearance of all the power transmission towers in the game. To change them back, simply remove the file from your Plugins folder. The changes are instant and automatic. There is no need to replop the towers. 

** No dependencies.

All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.

B Derrick and LOLGamerz like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Unknown date

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Share this review

Link to review
LOLGamerz

Meh better than the maxis design

Share this review

Link to review
Supernia

Just one more thing making the game even more realistic.

SCORE: 100% or 5.0 stars

Passing: 80% or 4.0 stars

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By paeng
      A set of turbulences for your rivers and streams.

You'll find narrow and wide pieces, both in straight and diagonal versions. They all sit on a 1x1 transparent lot and can be combined with PEG-PPond (Tahoe), PEG-Pond and PEG-Stream or ploppable waters by other creators as well.

LIST OF ITEMS
      Narrow Short Straight Narrow Long Straight Narrow Short Diagonal Narrow Long Diagonal Wide Short Straight Wide Long Straight Wide Short Diagonal Wide Long Diagonal
      Each piece comes in 2 variations that plop at random (16 models all in all).

DEPENDENCIES

~ none ~

Recommended to use with Free Waters Mod.

DEVELOPER NOTES

The turbulences are batted props (instead of the textures used in Vol 01), so there are less straight edges and a bit of overlap onto the next tile.
      You can combine them with any ploppable water and to some extent also with Pond and Stream pieces, mainly the straight items.
      Some of the pieces are also suitable to make transitions between the various available waters - just be creative and find the right combinations.
      There are no other props on these lots - so you have complete freedom to dress them with any Major Mode Flora that suits your theme.

The Turbulences and Transitions Volume 01 (texture based) is available to download here and is now also an option when downloading from this entry.

CREDITS

Concept & Design: Murimk & Paeng
      Batting: Murimk
      Lotting & Modding: Paeng

SUPPORT

Should you need support for these items please visit the
      PLEX on the STEX - Community Support

Productions Forum Thread (no longer available)

Enjoy!
    • By Shroomblaze
      Thank you to all the people who help make this game possible! Colossal Order, Paradox Interactive and all the Cities Skylines fans who made the community what it is today! I was going through a very dark time in my life and if it wasn't for this game I would probably still be in a hell hole of a life wishing I was dead. You gave me that faith in myself again and I'm eternally grateful! Bless your Lives with Love and Great Friendships! Nothing Is Impossible, for in that word you have "Im Possible". Start Living with Love and your Highest Dreams Now!

• By RandyE
      On the STEX you'll find several different kinds of power plants representing a variety of post-doctorate theses on the advance of energy technology.  The Energy Data Packaging Plant represents my contribution to the plausible power plants collection.
      This plant packs more energy data into subatomic particles. Nuclear structure remains intact and the laws of thermodynamics are not broken, you just get more "bang" for your boson, thus, the Energy Data Packaging Plant generates 4X the power of the hydrogen fusion core using the wind turbine as its examplar.  H2O is produced equal to the volume of a large water pump.
      Well-educated technicians and maximum funding are recommended as a 2 picosecond delay before the acceleration of light must be maintained to prevent a supernova reaction.
      All props and lighting are Maxis dependent.
      INSTALL:  Add the 'Energy Data Packaging Plant' folder containing the lot file to your 'User\ Documents\ SimCity 4\ Plugins' folder.
      I shall start with a small recycling centre in the middle of some rural suburbs.

Another one would be the hydroelectric dam I created in Faverdale.

• By RandyE
      An application for post-nuclear technological civilization.
      8 (width) x 4 (depth) Lot Size. Power and Water produced: 8,000,000 MWh/ Gal. per hr.  Water Treatment and Recycling: 1,000,000/ 60%,   Maintenance Cost: 0, Monthly Income: 50000. Landmark and Park Effect: 10 over 20,  Pollution Reduction -10 over 50.  Transit and Network enabled.  Maxis Night Lighting. Location: Power Menu, Business Deals, Trash Presort Ordinance
      The textures file below is no longer a dependency. I've extracted the 4 metal textures and included them in the folder containing the lot.  If the texture file below is used then delete the 'BaseTexturesElements_Metal.dat' (40K) file in the 'Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant' folder as the textures don't need to be loaded twice.  (The metals textures .dat file may be freely used and included in works other than for the purpose of this lot.)
      Dependencies:  Base Textures Vol 1 Elements for metal base textures.
      NO DEPENDENCIES
      FOLDER: Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant
      There are now 2 sub-folders containing 2 versions of the power plant, one has the 50K business deal, and the other has a 50K cost for plopping the lot but no business deal.  Use either the 50K PlopCost folder or 50K BusDeal, not both.  Select one and delete the other. The lots are copies of each other so the game will not separate them into independent lots. Neither have maintenance costs.

Description:

What this power plant (hypothetically) does is filter neutrinos from the origin of the universe that are the background static before all construct of atomic matter.  The series of high power super-cooled magnetic plates slow down the neutrinos until they exert inertial force which is converted to thermal energy driving electric generator turbines.
      For the electric power needs of the entire world, only one of these plants is required as its capability of generation of power vastly exceeds what the demand would ever be for civilization on Earth. 
      This power plant requires no use of any other fuel and produces no waste or radioactivity.  There are no costs involved in either construction or maintenance as the power plant, once operating, eliminates the need for any form of abstract valuation of property, labor or resources.   There are no security risks in the operation of this power plant as there is no excess of source, transmission or storage of energy.     
      Dedicated in memory of March, 11, 2011.
      Install:
      To install first open the Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant folder and choose one of the versions, delete the other sub-folder.   Copy and paste the Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant folder into your User\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins folder. 
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• I know it's sized 2x1, but what kind of residential do I need to zone for this to grow? Light, medium, or high density? Or does it not matter? Anyone who can answer I appreciate it.
    • Love your work, but since a handful of files now from different users require offsite files that link to dead links I wish it was a rule here that all dependencies should be on site somehow. Thanks for the reup of the files...
    • I'm still working on the Maxis Vanilla tilesets presentation, but yeah its endless how many amazing artists have contributed to the SC4 repository over the past 14 years.  The problem with the tilesets and with RCI is that there's too much repetition.   I'm going to use for the first time a Maxis blocker that will eliminate all vanilla repetition and reveal whatever user created programming defines.  However, my project is not specific to agriculture.   We'll get back to that later.
    • @RandyE Thanks! I grabbed that one too. I'm not ready yet to kill them all, but I do want other stage 3 farm buildings to compete with Pedriana. Ideally I'd like to find a few more. In the meantime I'm now on a downloading frenzy getting all of @dk1's stuff. Their simple elegance (and the convenience of no dependencies) makes them ideal for mixing in with my otherwise nearly plain vanilla Maxis content.
    • @CorinaMarie It works for me !!