• Moose

2 Screenshots

About This File

Dam It !!  And then use it to make power. That's the smartest Dam thing to do with your rivers. And this new small Hydroelectric Dam will allow you to do just that.

Hydroelectric power is clean, renewable... and very cheap to produce. If you have the water source to power it, it is definitely one of your best options for powering your cities.

This small Hydro Dam is typical of many such structures constructed along waterways throughout the world. This particular version produces 2,500 MWh/month at a monthly operating cost of §200 for a §0.08 MWh cost... making it one of the cheapest clean power sources in the game.

The actual lot is 4 tiles wide by a single tile deep... but it will occupy an area that is approx. 6x2 tiles in size.The model is designed to extend beyond the lot's boundaries and fit into the surrounding terrain to make the dam look as it if were actually built into the canyon walls.

This dam can not be plopped on level terrain. The terrain will need to be modified to accommodate it. However, the required terrain editing is  fairly simple and the readme file includes instructions and a pic of what the terrain should look like.

The Hydro Dam itself does not use any specific "above sea-level" ploppable water mod. It is designed to be used with any ploppable water mods you prefer to use and has been successfully tested with several of them. The ploppable water shown here is from the soon to be released new PEG PPond Kit which includes the custom water turbulence lots plopped at the bottom of the dam.

* As the dam has no convenient road access, it does not currently provide any jobs. An optional,  small, auxiliary lot for the dam (with the jobs) is currently in development. This will be a small lot that you can plop near the dam that will provide employee parking and underground access to the dam. 

** This lot has no dependencies.

All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.

Urbanart1 and CT14 like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

heraldiii

Share this review

Link to review
spud1pei

Share this review

Link to review
mihi

Share this review

Link to review
lsrprules2

Share this review

Link to review
Beholden

Share this review

Link to review
skykrl80

Share this review

Link to review
Phaeandpa

Share this review

Link to review
Gourak

Share this review

Link to review
brancasnow

Share this review

Link to review
Amednurse

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review
brambibum

Share this review

Link to review
Lukas8

Share this review

Link to review
bartelsh

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/28/2017

We're getting close with our April goal - please help us over the final bump! Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By RandyE
      On the STEX you'll find several different kinds of power plants representing a variety of post-doctorate theses on the advance of energy technology.  The Energy Data Packaging Plant represents my contribution to the plausible power plants collection.
      This plant packs more energy data into subatomic particles. Nuclear structure remains intact and the laws of thermodynamics are not broken, you just get more "bang" for your boson, thus, the Energy Data Packaging Plant generates 4X the power of the hydrogen fusion core using the wind turbine as its examplar.  H2O is produced equal to the volume of a large water pump.
      Well-educated technicians and maximum funding are recommended as a 2 picosecond delay before the acceleration of light must be maintained to prevent a supernova reaction.
      All props and lighting are Maxis dependent.
      INSTALL:  Add the 'Energy Data Packaging Plant' folder containing the lot file to your 'User\ Documents\ SimCity 4\ Plugins' folder.

A small ventilation shaft.Those buildings are found near or above tunnels, their purpose is to recharge air inside them.

The one i modelled is based on two ventilation shafts.

The first is the shaft above the Brooklyn-Battery tunnel, on the Brooklyn side, that fits and serves a two bore tunnel.
      The second is the shaft above the third bore of the Caldecott tunnel in Oakland, CA.It fits, and serves, a single bore tunnel.

I took the design from the first, and dimensions from the latter.In SC4, it would fit above or near single-tile wide tunnels, and would look odd if placed next to double tile wide tunnels.

You can find it in the landmark menu.I tried placing it in the misc transportation menu, but something went wrong.Sorry.

MaxisNite and DarkNite provided.

Modelling and modding: Francis90b
      LOTing: Twrecks.

DEPENDENCIES

BSC MEGA Props CP Vol.01
      BSC MEGA Props JES Vol.01
      BSC MEGA Props JES Vol.02

STATS
      Lot size:2x2
      Building type: job-less landmark

Plop cost: 3000$
      Monthly cost: 20 $
      Bulldoze cost 500$

Landmark effect: neutral

Flamability 150/255

Air pollution 10/2
      Water pollution 5/2
      Garbage generated 2/0

Water usage 125
      Electricity usage 100

One last thing...Enjoy!
    • By Ln X
      It's about time there was some utility love in this forum. If you have a power facility, water facility or garbage facility then this is the topic to post it in!
      I shall start with a small recycling centre in the middle of some rural suburbs.

Another one would be the hydroelectric dam I created in Faverdale.

• By RandyE
      An application for post-nuclear technological civilization.
      8 (width) x 4 (depth) Lot Size. Power and Water produced: 8,000,000 MWh/ Gal. per hr.  Water Treatment and Recycling: 1,000,000/ 60%,   Maintenance Cost: 0, Monthly Income: 50000. Landmark and Park Effect: 10 over 20,  Pollution Reduction -10 over 50.  Transit and Network enabled.  Maxis Night Lighting. Location: Power Menu, Business Deals, Trash Presort Ordinance
      The textures file below is no longer a dependency. I've extracted the 4 metal textures and included them in the folder containing the lot.  If the texture file below is used then delete the 'BaseTexturesElements_Metal.dat' (40K) file in the 'Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant' folder as the textures don't need to be loaded twice.  (The metals textures .dat file may be freely used and included in works other than for the purpose of this lot.)
      Dependencies:  Base Textures Vol 1 Elements for metal base textures.
      NO DEPENDENCIES
      FOLDER: Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant
      There are now 2 sub-folders containing 2 versions of the power plant, one has the 50K business deal, and the other has a 50K cost for plopping the lot but no business deal.  Use either the 50K PlopCost folder or 50K BusDeal, not both.  Select one and delete the other. The lots are copies of each other so the game will not separate them into independent lots. Neither have maintenance costs.

Description:

What this power plant (hypothetically) does is filter neutrinos from the origin of the universe that are the background static before all construct of atomic matter.  The series of high power super-cooled magnetic plates slow down the neutrinos until they exert inertial force which is converted to thermal energy driving electric generator turbines.
      For the electric power needs of the entire world, only one of these plants is required as its capability of generation of power vastly exceeds what the demand would ever be for civilization on Earth. 
      This power plant requires no use of any other fuel and produces no waste or radioactivity.  There are no costs involved in either construction or maintenance as the power plant, once operating, eliminates the need for any form of abstract valuation of property, labor or resources.   There are no security risks in the operation of this power plant as there is no excess of source, transmission or storage of energy.     
      Dedicated in memory of March, 11, 2011.
      Install:
      To install first open the Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant folder and choose one of the versions, delete the other sub-folder.   Copy and paste the Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant folder into your User\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins folder. 
    • By Chief ZDN
      Hello everyone,
      While I don't visit the simpeg.com in my life, I sad with the 2015 SimPeg.com fatal error. The site data is gone. However, Pegasus fans gives the Pegasus' and his friends' mods to the PLEX & STEX staff. But, there is no new mod created by the SimPeg again, The Prop Pox bug maker in the some mods still unfixed (Sorry SimPeg, I'm not hate you. I just send the fact that is on SC4D). We don't see the CDK development again. We don't see the new SPAM that support the CAM, officially.
      But, the reality is changed. I'm not a modder. But I can make the SimPeg revive again. We don't want the SimPeg staff is retired from making the quality mod (if they still can make a mod). We want the SimPeg staff making the mod, again. In this plan, I will show you how the new SimPeg led, what are the vision, what mods we make, and the challenge that we need solved.
      Organization
      The new SimPeg is led by Pegasus or someone with good modding skill (maybe Paeng?). The SimPeg organization structure is (from the level, ascending) Leader, Co-Leader, Secretary, Webmaster, Admin, and Moderator. Co-Leader is needed when the Leader is not in working condition or the Leader leaves from the community. Secretaries are for writing what happened on the community, what the community needed, and more. Moderators aren't splited to 2 parts. SimPeg staff member is same as before, but with some tweaks. Our missions are:
      Making a quality mods Host many of quality CJs Make researches about SimCity 4 and community Make innovation about SimCity 4 And our visions are:
      As the world's biggest SimCity 4 mod creator As the biggest CJ hosting As the biggest SimCity 4 contributor Mod We Want Make
      As a quality modder, we want make many quality mods. But for now, we just want to making the new SPAM that compatible with the CAM, new CDK that uses more modular architecture, and new Utopian BATs (I personally like the SkyFarm).
      Challenge
      I am not a modder. And, I not a senior SimCity player. So, I can't be the SimPeg leader or co-leader. However, there is solution. Either as a member but plan the SimPeg or as a staff member on the SimPeg. You can decide. I'm not hunt the rank. I just want contribute. The experience can't be fully restored. By this, we need creating the new experience that more better than before. The SimPeg is around 10 years old. By this, we need create a new logo. However, my laptop currently not available, so there are 2 options: use the old logo or make the new logo, but created by someone Sorry if I breaking the rules. Sorry if I can't explain more detail. Thank you for your attention.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments