About This File
This mod is an alternative to the game's default commercial Car Cluster prop that we see on virtually every parking lot of every lot in the game. This mod does not replace the game's props.... and in that sense,its actually more of a dependency file than a mod. But its mod-"ish"... so we're calling it one for marketing purposes because dependencies are a bore but mods are Ubber-Cool!!
This new Car Cluster prop will be used in all future PEG lots... where appropriate. And it can be used to develop your own lots and by other lot developers who would like a bit more realism on their lots.
Things I Don't Like About the Game's Car Cluster Prop:
1. The car models are pretty bland. (Old Now!)
2. The cars are under-scale.
3. Generally too sparse - not enough cars.
4. 8 to 5... then POOF! Nothing. Empty lot for the next 15 hours.
Things I Do Like About the This Car Cluster Prop:
1. The cars are more detailed with a variety of unique and classic cars tossed in.
2. The cars are slightly larger to better match the scale of people props and properly scaled structures.
3. Engineered to keep the parking lots fuller... longer.
4. At the end of the day, they usually leave one or two cars behind to represent that occasional dead battery or the guy working late to kiss ass for that raise.
5. Cars not parked by robots. The cars are not perfectly aligned and some are parked off-center & slightly angled... as we see far too often in the real world.
6. Its expandable. New add-on clusters can easily be added for even greater variety.
* The main motivation for this was to increase the scale of the cars so they wouldn't make structures and other props appear too large in comparison. Really large buildings need to be scaled down... and for those, the game default cars are a good fit. But when parked next to a smaller building or anywhere near people props, they look like little clown cars and make everything else appear over-scaled.
** This file has no dependencies.
All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.