• Moose

PEG Snow Mod Deflowrer Patch 1

(4.80)    (5 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Please Note: This is another Snow Mod related upload. 

Also Note: This mod can be used with any Snow Mod as it does not affect any snow textures.

For use with the PEG Snow Mod, this patch file allows you to de-flower your cities. The patch file simply removes certain flora props that normally wouldn't appear in a snow covered scene. Don't worry... your lots and cities are not affected in any way. The props are still there. They just won't show... in the snow.

Specifically, this patch hides all flower props that just look out of place in the snow.  It also conceals several of the smaller bush/brush props that would be covered up by the snow. All palm trees are replaced with pine trees... and the scrub brush that appears at higher elevations when you plant God Mode trees is also hidden.

Just like the Snow Mod, when you are ready for springtime once again, just remove the mod and everything in the game returns to normal. By default, this mod is installed to the same folder as the Snow Mod, so simply moving that one folder out of your Plugins will uninstall all related Snow mods. 

** This mod has no dependencies and is designed for use with the PEG Snow Mod.

All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.

obama777 likes this

User Feedback

Hm....note during instalation: This screen does not appear in install programs created with a registered version......wtf?

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we'd love to be able to do some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution is so meaningful, every dollar counts! Hardware Upgrades We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our ageing server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

06/22/2017

In order to conserve resources, we've disabled the global chatbar at the bottom of the site. Instead, the Chat can be accessed by clicking the top navigation tab. It will launch a new window. If you're not seeing this behavior, try clearing your browser's cache.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By rsc204
      SWN is coming...
      !!IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!
      This page has only been updated so I can get everything ready...
      SWN is in the final stages of preparation for release, so for now the download here only contains the original SEN mod. SWN will add support for US users, TGN, NGN and TSR compatibility and much, much more. SWN is the replacement for SEN, bringing texture unification to new levels. Want to try out an early preview version?, take a look here where you can download it:
      ===================================================================================
      This Mod contains a complete Sandstone override for much of the NAM content including the RHW, NWM, TULEPs, Tram in Avenue/Road/ Street, GLR/Rural GLR, Turbo Roundabouts, Misc Fixes and more too. It has been my aim to kill every bit of Maxis white possible, and I'm finally at a point where I am satisfied I've met that goal. I've made this mod for my own game, as I find I don't use the NAM pieces that don't fit, so they are based on Euro Textures only right now. I use a LHD setup, but have included RHD versions also and from the limited testing I could do myself for such a large mod, they seem to be pretty complete.
      Load Order
      To ensure these files load after the NAM, please ensure you copy the folder in the zip file into your SimCity4 Plugins folder without renaming it. Also note it will need to load after any mod that changes the textures of the included components.
      Options

You can choose just the files you need, or decide to use a complete install, whichever you do please remove all the LHD files if you are a RHD user or all the RHD files if you are a LHD user, otherwise stoplines may appear on the incorrect side.
      Dependencies

The Tram in Road textures require the file "TIR-s3d fix.dat" contained in Magneto's Super Light Asphalt Mod or a few will not display correctly.
      The Japanese NAM Facelift Mod (links contained in tutorial) is highly recommended, if using this make sure that the Sandstone Euro NAM loads after the Japanese Facelift Mod.
      Notes:
      Please read the included readme, it goes into more detail than I have here and will help to avoid problems with this mod. If you are still stuck or have any comments, feel free to comment in my shack on Simtropolis or visit me at my regular hangout on Simpeg.

A big thank you to David G. Varona for making the Alpha textures for the Turbo Roundabouts and GLR, plus for showing me how to use photo-editing tools to lighten the workload on this project considerably.
      I would also like to thank all those community members who've offered me assistance in order to improve the quality of the released project. Their time and the time taken by those who have written various tutorials has enabled me to create this mod in the first place.
    • By T Wrecks
      INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION MOD (IRM)
      Base Pack - Maxis Lots

1 - INTRODUCTION/OVERVIEW

What is this mod?

The Industrial Revolution Mod (IRM in short) is designed to make playing with industrial lots much more enjoyable. It addresses some of the most annoying shortcomings of Maxis' industrial lots:
      The lots themselves look boring and repetitive The resulting industrial areas look cluttered and unrealistic Everything mixes wildly - modern and old, high-tech and heavy industry There is no real control - a dirty industry lot might grow right in the middle of a high-tech area and cause the high-tech facilities to dilapidate with its pollution If at least one of these points has always bothered you, then this mod might be something for you.

What does this mod offer me?

Imagine building a city where...
      ...industrial areas actually look interesting and vivid ...you can zone for areas filled with old brick factories and smokestacks - or clean, modern facilities ...industry is no longer a necessary evil, but becomes an integral part of your city and adds to its flair
      Does this sound like a deal?

If so, then read on! And make sure you READ THOROUGHLY, because this mod is not recommended for beginners. It is important that you know what you do. There is more in the works, and this is not a mod where you can click "install" and "continue" a few times, and you're set. You should be clear about the way plugins work, and you should feel comfortable with manual file handling. You should know your way around your plugins folder and be able to find things you are looking for.

How does the mod work? How does it achieve the changes mentioned above?

APPEARANCE

The altered appearance of all in-game industry is achieved by a simple remake of all roughly 250 Maxis lots, which have been completely overhauled and spiced up with custom textures, props, and lighting. These new lots will override their Maxis counterparts and make your industrial zones much more interesting to look at!

GAMEPLAY

Better control and a clear separation between "dirty" and "clean" industry becomes possible through a new zoning logic.

Originally, medium-density industrial zones were intended for smaller industrial buildings, whereas high-density zones used to be reserved for bigger facilities. The downside to this was that all types of industry could grow wildly mixed. As a consequence, industrial areas often looked cluttered, and it was nearly impossible to keep "dirty" and "clean" industries from interfering with each other.

With this mod in place, the cheaper medium-density zones will be used for I-D (Dirty Industry), which will help you when starting a city. Finally, you will be able to grow large facilities and employ many Sims in your starter towns with low education level without having to fork out precious funds for those expensive dense industrial zones.

In contrast, I-HT (High-Tech Industry) will only be able to grow on dense industrial zones. This is in line with the way the game progresses: The better your Sims are educated, the further your city has progressed. Later in game, when your Sims are smart enough to work in I-HT jobs, you will probably have made enough money to afford the more expensive dense industrial zones. And isn't it only logical that laying out plots of land for those picky, demanding high-tech facilities will cost you more than reserving some land for a primitive old factory that will pollute its surroundings anyway?

Now what about the third category, I-M (Manufacturing Industry)? There is no free zone type left, so it was not possible to assign I-M to its own zone. This is not really problematic, though, because Manufacturing Industry has a big advantage:
      On the one hand, it is robust and forgiving enough to grow next to Dirty Industry without dilapidating or getting abandoned. On the other hand, I-M buildings themselves do not pollute their surroundings too heavily, allowing High-Tech Industry to grow right next door without serious problems.
      So in short, I-M mixes well with both other types of industry. This is why it is distributed over the different zones according to its looks: Old-fashioned I-M brick factories will be restricted to medium density, where they will mix well with any I-D buildings. Modern-looking I-M facilities will be restricted to high density and will integrate seamlessly into any high-tech area. Generic, nondescript structures will be able to grow on zones of both densities.

2 - THE TECH STUFF

What does the download contain?

This package contains a set of 250 lots and one invisible dummy building that I used for some lots where I split building families. (If the last part of the foregoing sentence doesn't make sense to you, don't worry: simply keep that dummy model file, and everything will be fine.)

Can I simply add this mod to a pre-existing city/region?

Yes and no. It is possible with some drawbacks, but it is not recommended. The reason for this is that I changed lot sizes.When you add this mod "on the fly" (i.e., when you already have industrial areas), the lots will suddenly extend over adjacent tiles (transport networks, empty terrain, other lots), and the industrial area will look all chaotic and garbled. You will have to bulldoze it and rebuild it anyway. After bulldozing, some tiles will refuse to disappear. You can simply zone over these tiles and de-zone again, this will make them disappear.

If you do add this mod and intend to continue playing with your existing industrial areas, I strongly recommend backing up your region before.

How to install this mod?

Simply unzip the IRM folder and copy it into your plugins folder (or into a sub-folder of your plugins folder). I recommend keeping the folder structure inside the IRM folder.

What if I want to de-install this mod?

It's pretty much the same as with any other download:
      Delete all lots pertaining to this mod (in this case, all industrial lots that are based on Maxis buildings!) Save all the cities and exit the game when you're done bulldozing Remove the IRM folder from your plugins
      Hint: Just to be sure, I recommend moving the IRM folder somewhere else and doing some checks before you delete it permanently. This way, if it turns out you forgot to bulldoze something, you can add it back in temporarily until you're done.

Is this mod compatible with the Industrial Jobs Quadrupler by Toroca?

Absolutely. I would even recommend using the quadrupler because I enlarged most of the lots to make them look more realistic. Hence, industry will consume a bit more space than it used to. Considering that Maxis gave industrial facilities few jobs to begin with, the Industry Quadrupler is a good compensation. It will allow you to sustain your population without covering endless areas in industry, even with the larger lots.

Is this mod compatible with the Colossus Addon Mod (CAM)?

No. The CAM contains copies of all Maxis lots that have been assigned to different stages and given a different IID. That's why the IRM lots cannot override the CAM lots.

3 - DEPENDENCIES

...don't we all love them? Of course, it would have been impossible to re-design all these lots so radically without custom props and textures - loads of them, in fact. I still tried to keep dependencies at a reasonable level and use packages that are rather commonplace for any custom content user, especially for players with an interest in industry. Remember that the following dependencies were used for 250 lots (and will stay the same for upcoming stuff!). I have seen single lots with more dependencies, just saying...

PROPS
      BSC Mega Props Jestarr Vol.01 - an old classic; most of you will have this one.
      BSC Mega Props Jestarr Vol.02 - industrial fans will probably have this.
      BSC Mega Props Jestarr Vol.03 - industrial fans will probably have this.
      BSC Mega Props Jestarr Vol.05 - industrial fans will probably have this.
      BSC Mega Props Jestarr Vol.08 - industrial fans will probably have this.
      BSC Mega Props SimGoober Vol.01 - the #1 most downloaded prop pack!
      BSC Mega Props Gascooker Vol.01 - yet another old classic.
      BSC Mega Props DAE Vol.01 - yet another old classic.
      BSC Mega Props CP Vol.01 - Cycledogg's first pack, also a classic.

TEXTURES
      BSC Mega Textures Vol.01 - the most widely spread texture pack of them all.
      BSC Mega Textures Vol.02 - not too exotic, eh?
      BSC Mega Textures Vol.03 - another rather common one.
      Rail Yard and Spur Textures Mega-Pak 1 Version 1.02 - ncd's superb textures - especially the rail nuts among you will have this.

OPTIONAL
      I added lamps with custom light cones that will improve the lighting of the lots at night. The lots will look perfectly ok without these light cones, but if you want them, you will have to download this pack:
      PEG MTP Super Pack

4 - FINAL WORDS

I've been working on this mod and off with long breaks, motivation was a serious issue. Making a lot is nice. Making two lots is okay. Making 250 lots is a serious pain in lower body regions; it's not even funny. In total, it took me nearly two years to piece all this together, test it, write the documentation, make screenshots, and all that. For the most part, it was by far more boring and painful grunt work than a pleasant creative task. So much time has passed that by now I'm already dissatisfied with several of the lots. It's about time I released this so I have it off my plate. I'm exhausted, fed up with it, glad it's done with. I hope you guys will like it although it's far from perfect. At least I hope it will be an improvement over the Maxis lots.

I have some more nearly finished stuff in store that will be released soon, most notably two IRM addon packs with another ~80 lots in total, plus some filler sets further down the road. These should enable you to take even more control over your industrial areas and make halfways realistic-looking facilities. So make sure you watch the STEX!

The next logical step would be to re-lot some popular industrial BATs for seamless integration into this mod, but we'll see how that goes.

I would like to thank all the fine people who made the tools, the props, and the textures that I used, as well as the entire SC4 crowd for keeping this game alive, and for having me around.

Should you want to share and/or modify this, be my guest - just try not to be a jerk and give credit where credit is due. In case of doubt, just drop me a line via PM here on Simtropolis.

Finally, for those annoying people who keep saying things like "Duh, the Lot Editor simply won't cut it these days, you need to make your own BAT" in STEX comments, I have a little dedication, too.

T Wrecks, December 2, 2012
    • By Martin892
      Hi all,
      Some new life on the sc3k forum reminds me of this question I have for years.
      Playing sc3k always made me end up building highrises on the map edges. Might there be an opportunity modding the game such that the maximum map size increases? Eg 4 fold or 9 fold. This would allow creating larger metropolises in sc3k.
    • By Silur
      The title says it all. My question is... How can I remove pedestrians and another stupid animation from the game. The option of low resolution in-game SC4 is not accepted.
      Must I block every position from original SC4 dat file. Maybe there is such MOD. Do You have any fresh ideas 
    • By pcwhiz24
      Welcome back! (WL is short for Woodland)
      Click on the images for full screen (most are in 1920x1080)
      Another beautiful morning! Ahh, lovin' those gravel roads...
      After much saving up, we finally build Woodland's first ever Fire Station!
      Although it's not a Maxis Station, it is $150/month (cheaper than the $250 from a large station!) and has three fire trucks, instead of two!
      Today is a special day for this town...
      It's time to finally PAVE the roads! After much traffic problems, I think it's time we......(I turn my head looking West)
      What the? You see the smoke out in the distance? It's coming from River town! (Just as I said that the phone rang)
      *Phone rings*
      *Picks up phone*
      Me: This is Mayor Whiz, how may I help you?
      Caller: It's Paul, (the chief of police in WL River Town) We're burnin' down!!!
      Me: What?
      Caller: Our town's about to go up in flames! We got a huge forest fire out there!
      Me: I'll help! I just built a fire station! *Phone connection lost*
      I drive over to the fire station in a panic..
      Me: Big fire at River City!!! Come on let's go!!!
      I hitch a ride on a fire truck and we head west to WL River City
      (Yes, we finally built an actual neighbor connection, no more 1 hour hikes!)
      We make it to WL River City and see smoke with large flames out in the distance:
      Mathew: You got firefighters?!?! Thank god! We're about to burn up, I got the town evacuated, they're at Pleasantville for now! Look at that massive wall of flames coming our way!
      On a hot summer afternoon, lies the arduous task of putting out a town-threatening fire. The fire apparently started from a lightning strike and due to wind direction suddenly shifting, it became a massive "wall" of flames that walked towards the town. It finally got as close as the rail road, which thankfully stopped the fire from spreading any further. However, the houses and train stations could go up in flames if any cinders hit them and turn the city that has given us electricity into a raging inferno!
      (The fire reaches the railroad as our town's entire firefighter caste fights to save Mathew's industrial town from a raging inferno. Mathew hasn't built a fire station yet.)
      The fire spreads westward north of the houses and consumes the houses outside the town:
      Luckily, the rest of the town will be spared. After hours of hose spraying, we actually manage to get control of the inferno. Only a few houses are burnt down...
      The firefighters return to WL Town, and I stay over at WL River City.
      The next morning...we get treated to a small riot:
      One police station later:
      The riot is calmed. Some very angry citizens as a result of the fire (they lost all their possessions in the fire)
      The beautiful forest that surrounds this town are now charred and dead...
      Mathew: It's going take years for all those woods to grow back!
      Me: Hey look at the bright side, at least you won't feel guilty cutting those trees down to expand the town anymore!
      Mathew: True, I was going to expand westward eventually, but I used to love taking long walks through the woods and so did a lot of my citizens. That's one of the biggest reasons they live here. And man thank you so much for saving my town! My town wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for your firefighters!
      Me: Don't need to thank me, you saved my town from obliteration! (Chapter 2). For that I am eternally grateful.
      You save my city and I'll always save yours if you ever have trouble. That's what best friends are for!
      I return back to my town...
      ----------South Residential Expansion----------
      In order to meet the very high residential demands, a new residential sector will be created that extends south of the main town.
      Stats as of now before expansion:

We have nearly $25,000 in the bank and we're a modest $400 a month. Residential demand is up the roof!
      The roads are drawn...
      (Note that these roads were drawn before the gravel roads)
      New growth:
      Found the pics of the gravel roads being added!
      Before:
      After:
      (Six new windmills were built in order to meet power demands. We're producing 1200MW and receiving 1000MW from WL River Town)
      Schools are finally having an effect!
      A new DSW shoe warehouse store:

A new trail among the beautiful woods behind the store:
      Our population is now over 4000 sims, and we're making over $700 a month!
      New farms were built known as the North Farming Sector:
      Beautiful evening at Central Square
      Ghosts congregate at the cemetery, telling each other stories of the lives they lived and kids they scared
      The next day, we get hit by a thunderstorm...
      Storm season's been pretty quiet this year, although next year is predicted to be intense since there's an air current that comes down every couple years that allows severe storms. This is a weather pattern that results in tornadoes but only every 3-5 years.
      A downpour in an April afternoon:
      Some back yards are flooded but amid the rain the baseball and soccer teams still practice in the flooded fields!
      A few days later, the East Residential area gets an expansion:
      Even after the growth, residential demand is still very high. I finally decide to take the leap...
      I zone medium density residential and commercial around the central square area
      And up they go!
      This is a huge milestone, and the first sign of urbanization. They grow up so fast!
      ==========The First Apartments==========
      Medium density offices will soon be built here as well. The apartments line up around the Main Central Square area, which someday, will be the Down Town!
      Population is now over 5000 and we're making nearly $1000 a month!
      Now it's over 6000 and we're making over $1200 a month! We have $45,200 in the bank! That's the most we ever had!
      Let the good times continue!!!
      However...While the town may be booming now, all the new apartments have made traffic issues much worse:
      (Note the new mansion! Our first R-$$$ House, that's another milestone!)
      Mathew warned us about this.
      This brings us to the next major milestone:
      ==========The First Roads!==========
      The roads are paved along the Main Central Square and extend to North and South Industries (Where most people work)
      Much better! There's still some trouble spots but there's definitely improvement!
      Also take note that we tore down the six windmills that were around the cemetery. Mayor Mathew built a second coal power plant so now we're receiving 4000MW of power a month for only $243/month! That's much better than the $300/month for 1200MW of power from the windmills!
      In the mansion in the above image lives my friend Ben, the manager of one of the low density CO-$$$ business. Thanks to all the traffic, he was able to make huge profits and have a big mansion built right down the road so he only has to walk to work. He's done a lot of good things to this city!
      *Thunder*
      (Notices distant flashes of lightning in the night sky)
      Another powerful thunderstorm heads our way on this fine evening...
      On that note, let's end it here.
      To be continued...
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Stay tuned for Chapter 6!
      Story Summary (For those who are in a rush)
      A lot has happened in this chapter! First we saved the neighboring city (Woodland River Town) from a raging wall of fire by sending our firefighters from our town, to which Mayor Mathew highly appreciated. We got back, and expanded the east housing in our town, got hit by a few thunderstorms, built more farms, created a south residential area, first apartments, first mansion (R-$$$) and first paved roads ever. We also got our power deal increased from 1000MW/m to 4000MW/m, and we no longer need power plants. All the power we receive now comes from Mathew's town.
      Population has increased from 2000 to 6100 and profit from $400 to $1200 a month.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Comment Replies from last Update (Chapter 4 Part 2)
      @Tonraq: I'm glad too! Loans ain't cheap!
      @Kim Sunwoo: Thank Mayor Mathew for that, if he didn't come in and stop the obliteration, this journal would really be a two-update short story!
      @dabadon5: Thank you!
      @Paulobergonci: Glad you like it! I want to play the game as fair but realistically as possible, and balance things out. I'll always make beautiful shots but also show normal in-game shots as this city grows. One day when it hits 1 million we can look back to this update and remember the memories!
      @anytownUSA: It is indeed. You'll later on see another town (in a future update) that learned the hard way about growth...
      @VonCheese: That's what makes the game fun, I enjoy a challenge! I want to show the beauty of this game and Photoshop as well without neglecting the core aspects of the game play! At heart, this CJ is about a town that goes from 0 to 1 million sims, and every obstacle it overcomes. It's the story that makes it interesting, and this is still only the beginning of this journey!
      @jolteon: Thank you! And I did by using Paint.Net, creating a 2nd layer, creating white blobs and blurring and distorting (use dents) them then repeating until they were realistic enough. (Hint: Multiple layers of different shades of white) Before that, I also took a pic of both cities and pasted them together (I'll post a tutorial later down the road)
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments