• Moose

2 Screenshots

About This File

This is a RESOURCE file for the PEG-CDK3 Seaport collection of lots. It is a required dependency, specifically, for the upcoming break-bulk freight dock lots and the new freight rail stations.

The pack contains a ton of static, timed and random rolling stock & locomotive props. These are intended for use as props on various lots. These are NOT game automata... however, many will be released separately as such.

* As the game automata trains are considerably under scaled, these props are larger... and scaled to look more appropriate on lots with properly scaled structures, vehicles, peeps and other props.

** Players and developers may use these props on their own lots... subject to the terms of the EULA  that is documented in the  included readme file. 

All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.

User Feedback

Oh god give the automata. I want to see these as free rolling stock on my city.

Share this comment

peg, you're the best. can't wait. btw, where the heck do i go to make requests? i really wanna see an open market type addition to CDK3. something like the South Street Seaport in Manhattan. some place where you can go to shop and buy fresh fish... Pier 17?

Share this comment

Is that a steam train I see? SC4 has one steam engine- and it's only an old american style 4-4-0! With these babies up and running, we may have a more realistic freight system! PLEASE don't ignore the rail-faithful! Other than that, I am speechless. :) Great work.

Share this comment

Can someone please tell me, why do I always get a bunch of boxes instead of railway cars? I am a newbie in this, don't have much experience in installing patches, mods etc. I tried to install this PEG and the other one with same theme ( railway cars ) and all I got in my city was a bunch of boxes with www.simcity.com label on them. Also, when some buildings started to grow, there were in those boxes. Can someone please explain this to me? Thanks a lot!

Share this comment

great work...as always. you make a cool game...EVEN BETTER. i love it. it would be nice if the titanic could be a ocean liner in this game but with jobs and acts like any boat in the game.

Share this comment

great work...as always. you make a cool game...EVEN BETTER. i love it. it would be nice if the titanic could be a ocean liner in this game but with jobs and acts like any boat in the game.

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By paeng
      A set of turbulences for your rivers and streams.

You'll find narrow and wide pieces, both in straight and diagonal versions. They all sit on a 1x1 transparent lot and can be combined with PEG-PPond (Tahoe), PEG-Pond and PEG-Stream or ploppable waters by other creators as well.

LIST OF ITEMS
      Narrow Short Straight Narrow Long Straight Narrow Short Diagonal Narrow Long Diagonal Wide Short Straight Wide Long Straight Wide Short Diagonal Wide Long Diagonal
      Each piece comes in 2 variations that plop at random (16 models all in all).

DEPENDENCIES

~ none ~

Recommended to use with Free Waters Mod.

DEVELOPER NOTES

The turbulences are batted props (instead of the textures used in Vol 01), so there are less straight edges and a bit of overlap onto the next tile.
      You can combine them with any ploppable water and to some extent also with Pond and Stream pieces, mainly the straight items.
      Some of the pieces are also suitable to make transitions between the various available waters - just be creative and find the right combinations.
      There are no other props on these lots - so you have complete freedom to dress them with any Major Mode Flora that suits your theme.

The Turbulences and Transitions Volume 01 (texture based) is available to download here.

CREDITS

Concept & Design: Murimk & Paeng
      Batting: Murimk
      Lotting & Modding: Paeng

SUPPORT

Should you need support for these items please visit the
      PLEX on the STEX - Community Support

Productions Forum Thread (no longer available)

Enjoy!
    • By adventurerneil
      I'm starting to learn NAM and stumbled onto a graphical error that looks like tiles simply not displaying anything when rail crosses certain RHW's. I haven't tried all the widths, but so far it seems to consistently happen on 6 and 7 wide ground-level RHW (I'm not sure if rail is supposed to be able to cross that many lanes, or why you'd want to IRL, but it seems to be acceptable for smaller lanes so I assumed it would work). I'll post a pic or two. Here it shows me dragging rail over RHW-6, but it makes a dark brown path indicating it's going to display neither the RHW nor the rail:

It shows rail here, after I've done the above with the dark brown path:

But it seems to work just fine with RHW-2 and elevated RHW: 

Any help?
      (Oh, and if my RHW looks odd it's because it's Euro texture, so no yellow American lines.) 
    • By CSL Info Squad
      UPDATE: This thread is no longer being maintained.
      Information within may be incomplete or obsolete, and is kept here for legacy purposes.

CITIES : SKYLINES ASSEMBLIES REFERENCE
      What is an assembly? In C#, the language Cities : Skylines is written in,
      " An assembly is a file that is automatically generated by the compiler upon successful compilation of every .NET application. It can be either a Dynamic Link Library or an executable file. " - From CodeGuru.com
      In this case, I'm talking about Dynamic Link Libraries, also known as DLL files. More specifically, I'm talking about the libraries of code the game uses.
      They can be found inside the game installation directory, usually in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\Cities_Data\Managed".
      If you look in this folder, you'll find 18 files, only three (for now) of which we will be dealing with in this thread. They are:
      Assembly-CSharp.dll ColossalManaged.dll ICities.dll
      NOTICE:
      Publishing decompiled code is illegal and would get me in serious trouble, so I will be limited in what I can show you on here. In order to better understand this topic, you will need to examine these assemblies yourself. There is plenty of information on how to do this online. One good way is to get ILSpy.
      This topic will just be about what the classes, fields and methods are and do, and an attempt to bring light into the way the game works internally.
      I won't actually be showing you any of the actually code.
      Also, at some point this topic will get too large, so I will probably just move the entire thing to the official documentation site, if possible, and link to it from here.

• By CT14
      Welcome to the development thread for CT14 lots and BAT. Here's a quick list of current releases so you don't have to scroll through the thread to find them all:
      North American Freight Sidings
      Llama Terminal Company
      SABER LA River
      Troy Gasholder Building
      FAB Diagonal Industrials

Lowrider Props
      In-N-Out Lowrider Show
      North American Freight Sidings original first post:
      Inspired by the lack of existing lots representing protypical North American freight railroad sidings, I've created a system of lots that can be used to create eye-candy rail sidings. They are transit-enabled for appearance. I have been encouraged to share my progress in a dedicated thread by helpful feedback in the Show Us Your Railroads general thread, especially from SimCoug, T-Wrecks, raynev1. And the whole thing wouldn't exist without the Jestarr props.

Features:
      18 ploppable lots for different railcar types on double track rail Transit enabled connections to make the lots fit in seamlessly anywhere Three prop families to provide a variety from Jestarr's boxcars, intermodal and general merchandise freight ("Junkers") RRW compatibility Known issues:
      Transparent texture bug as described here http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/42425-transparent-texture-issue/ The lots need custom icons created and added, through Reader as described here: http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php?title=Tutorial:Inserting_a_custom_menu_icon_with_the_Ilive_Reader Future development ideas:
      Single Track Rail lots don't match exactly when using textures extracted from the RAM .dat, and I probably need permission to use them separately in any case. So, STR sidings may be a separate release at some point. Four-track lots would be prototypical for large yard trackage, but don't exist in RRW. Custom textures might allow some eye-candy four-track lots in future, this would resemble an updated subset of NCD. Dependencies:
      BSCMegaProps JES Vol01 (v1.0) - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=342 For RRW, you need the NAM with RRW enabled. Download:
      Please report bugs here. Thanks!
    • By Chief ZDN
      Hello everyone,
      While I don't visit the simpeg.com in my life, I sad with the 2015 SimPeg.com fatal error. The site data is gone. However, Pegasus fans gives the Pegasus' and his friends' mods to the PLEX & STEX staff. But, there is no new mod created by the SimPeg again, The Prop Pox bug maker in the some mods still unfixed (Sorry SimPeg, I'm not hate you. I just send the fact that is on SC4D). We don't see the CDK development again. We don't see the new SPAM that support the CAM, officially.
      But, the reality is changed. I'm not a modder. But I can make the SimPeg revive again. We don't want the SimPeg staff is retired from making the quality mod (if they still can make a mod). We want the SimPeg staff making the mod, again. In this plan, I will show you how the new SimPeg led, what are the vision, what mods we make, and the challenge that we need solved.
      Organization
      The new SimPeg is led by Pegasus or someone with good modding skill (maybe Paeng?). The SimPeg organization structure is (from the level, ascending) Leader, Co-Leader, Secretary, Webmaster, Admin, and Moderator. Co-Leader is needed when the Leader is not in working condition or the Leader leaves from the community. Secretaries are for writing what happened on the community, what the community needed, and more. Moderators aren't splited to 2 parts. SimPeg staff member is same as before, but with some tweaks. Our missions are:
      Making a quality mods Host many of quality CJs Make researches about SimCity 4 and community Make innovation about SimCity 4 And our visions are:
      As the world's biggest SimCity 4 mod creator As the biggest CJ hosting As the biggest SimCity 4 contributor Mod We Want Make
      As a quality modder, we want make many quality mods. But for now, we just want to making the new SPAM that compatible with the CAM, new CDK that uses more modular architecture, and new Utopian BATs (I personally like the SkyFarm).
      Challenge
      I am not a modder. And, I not a senior SimCity player. So, I can't be the SimPeg leader or co-leader. However, there is solution. Either as a member but plan the SimPeg or as a staff member on the SimPeg. You can decide. I'm not hunt the rank. I just want contribute. The experience can't be fully restored. By this, we need creating the new experience that more better than before. The SimPeg is around 10 years old. By this, we need create a new logo. However, my laptop currently not available, so there are 2 options: use the old logo or make the new logo, but created by someone Sorry if I breaking the rules. Sorry if I can't explain more detail. Thank you for your attention.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• @thirstydeer - welcome to the world of custom content There are 4 tilesets in the game (the game has to be either "SC4 Deluxe" or "SC4" + "Rush Hour" expansion pack, the very basic game won't allow custom content to be used) which you can use to control what types of buildings are grown. The four tilesets are: Houston/New York/Chicago and Euro. If you don't change these settings, as a default, all tilesets are on, and the game builds from one tileset only every 5 game years. By selecting only the Euro tileset, you will give these buildings the greatest chance to grow . There is a little bit of further discussion here: Additionally, to get a 6x6 zone easily in the game, press and hold the CTRL key while zoning the commercial zone to count out a square 6 tiles each side.
    • What exactly do you mean by this: "These are all offered as growable 6x6, stage 1, medium wealth, Commercial Services on the EURO Tileset only."  I'm a pretty basic user of the game and am just starting to dabble with the myriad of custom content available on this site so I want to make sure it'll work for me before I download it.  It truly looks great!
    • If anything it's possible for a river with lots of flow to widen abruptly when the channel shape shifts from deep and narrow to wide and shallow.
    • @mattb325 Yes, I enjoy doing this on my days off. I will have a Kmart, Walmart, and Lowes foods tomorrow.
    • I do plan on doing more to these lots, I'm am looking for some tree and plants props, I did place car props but that don't seem to come up maybe try redoing. I also plan on do more gat station by Deadwood. And a little more of B62.