• Views: 93058
  • Downloads: 56,462
  • File Descriptor: Landmarks

Download Tower Life Building 1

* * * * * 315 Votes

Screenshots

TOWER LIFE BUILDING

Origin: San Antonio, Texas, USA. 

The crowning masterpiece of architects Ayers & Ayers. Completed in 1929 in restrained late-Gothic Revival style, its observation decks decorated with terra-cotta and festooned with gargoyles offer grand views of the city. Originally named the Smith-Young Tower after its developers, this was for over twenty years the tallest building in Texas and home to the city's top architects, lawyers, and insurers. Architects Ayers & Ayers would even claim a whole top floor with observation deck for 360 degree panoramic views of the city below. Intended as the initial centerpiece of a new downtown commercial center of landmark high-rises, the tower would never see its envisioned sister buildings completed, for the shocking onset of the Depression would crush further grand building projects. The building is currently named the Tower Life Building after its primary tenant, Tower Life Insurance. With its glittering wedding-cake crown gleaming in floodlights at night, this tower remains among the most popularly recognized and admired skyscrapers in San Antonio.

I had hoped this could be a wall-to-wall or a diagonal lot, but the angles of the building base are just too bizarre. In exchange, I gave it a nice unpretentious plaza with an outdoor cafe.

LANDMARK VERSION

Lot Size: 4x4 Corner
Plop Cost: 110000
Bulldoze Cost: 12773
Wealth: High Wealth
Pollution at Center: Air 10, Water 10, Garbage 4, Radiation 0
Pollution Radii: Air 6, Water 7, Garbage 0, Radiation 0
Flammability: 38
MaxFireStage: 4
Power Consumed: 194
Water Consumed: 1226
Mayor Rating Effect: Magnitude 10, Radius 256
Budget Cost: 150

PLOPPABLE VERSION

Plop Cost: 110000
Pollution Radii: Air 6, Water 7, Garbage 0, Radiation 0
Occupant Types: CO$$, CO$$$
Building Value: 53906
Capacity Satisfied: CO$$ 2200, CO$$$ 1501

GROWABLE VERSION

Growth Stage: 8
PollutionRadii: Air 6, Water 7, Garbage 0, Radiation 0
Style Tileset: Chicago, New York
Occupant Types: CO$$, CO$$$
Building Value: 53906
Capacity Satisfied: CO$$ 2200, CO$$$ 1501

DEPENDENCIES

There are No Dependencies required for this BAT.

Let me know if there are any problems, as I do not have a city of sufficient size to test grow the growable version. Exemplar modding is another world for me, so who knows what I have really done. This model has been extremely long in coming, as I was planning it even BAT first came out, so I hope everyone enjoys it. A first BAT for me, hopefully there will eventually be more!

Many thanks to everyone here and in the BAT Forums for their help, tutorials,and encouragement with this little project. I've downloaded gigabytes of great stuff from here, so it about time I gave something back. Enjoy!

Screenshots

Screenshots

WOW...first comment. it deserves a 10, i love its detail! good job!
Ehm, what can I say? Just perfect! 10/10 and two thumbs!!!
My God............What a piece of art my friend, I admire you. Thank you
OMG! Without overstating, one of the best BATs out there!
Is there any way we could have it without the antenna, just a request not that I dont like it as it is.
10/10 WOW!!!
it's unbeliveable!!!
Photo
White_Stripes_200
Aug 17, 2006 - 05:30 AM
Looks awesome!
This is impressive, thanks!
Photo
dogscarletnyc
Aug 17, 2006 - 05:38 AM
wow looks great
Absolutly beautiful BAT
excelent!
It's stunning!
So rarely do I give 10/10 - but this building is GORGEOUS. Thankyou Odainsaker
Excellent job Lee! You made it look fantastic in SC2000 and it looks incredible in SimCity 4. It is a masterpiece.
FIERCE!!!
KEWL!! i LOOOOOVE old buildings =D 2 thumbs in the air for that lol. 11/10 ;)
i was just in san antonio and thought this would make the most awesome BAT. you read my mind and made an incredible building! thanks!
incredible
Just fantastic. You really pay close attention to detail. 10/10 :)

Other files you may be interested in ..

120 user(s) are online ...

49 members, 69 guests, 0 anonymous users

naterboy8796, ygok, Google (2), gggg, griffen_star, mcpearson, QHE, Paris, fesllypoae, Nopuedeser, tkuzz, wacko1, elias3k2, teosf, Deon, jggbtms, JimBeam100, 20121, Endmateria, jhampton2009, schludaddy, manbat, DuFerraz, poshbakerloo, Lunar_Blake, MonkeyMoon, EddyRen1999, peterjhonson, eufl, gch927, maxray, westD, garops, Vincentlego, okas155, Grendel69, Namebar, mechaunit, chromatin2, Coolforcats, maseru, gabrieel100, giih, Wolftatt2, akokarasoko, tsun_m00, cervin39, PleDaruZ, Intrepid, MaxisGuillaume