• Last Updated: Mar 27, 2006 - 12:18 PM
  • File Size: 3.17MB
  • Views: 59155
  • Downloads: 31,826
  • File Descriptor: Misc

Download JS Seawalls 1

* * * * * 63 Votes

Screenshots
This set of lots and props belongs in what I like to call the “marrast” genre (category) as he was the 1st person (to my knowledge) to develop walls (his embankment set) using this design approach. Jeronij’s SeawallsV4 are also in this genre but take a slightly different approach in their lot orientation and placement. Both are premier creations (IMO).
My seawalls use the same orientation and placement approach as marrast’s with slightly different geometry as follows:
1. The walkway and the sloped stone wallare the same width on all pieces (16 meters) regardless of their orientation (orthogonal or diagonal).
2. All corners are rounded. The walls on the water side and the walkways on the land side.

Please read the readme file.

Key Information:

1. There are 14 lots located at the bottom of your Seaport menu.
2. All lots have minimal Landmark and Park effect. (5 over 5 tiles).
3. Plop Cost = $20, Monthly Budget Amount = $5.
4. There are special considerations when placing the lots. The terrain must be carefully prepared beforehand so that the lots line up perfectly (the road or street dot comes in very handy here) … if you have problems, please see the thread:
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=37&threadid=73750&enterthread=y
Note: I know this is the Sunken Highway Walls thread … that’s how it originally started. I simply did the seawalls in between starting and finishing the highway walls. If you want to know the whyfore, it’s in the thread. I won’t bore you here.

I’d like give special thanks to the following people:
JBSimio for creating the custom query. I think he did a great job. Much appreciated.
Andreas Roth for helping JBSimio when he got stuck on a technical problem.
Odd from Sweden for helping me with UV mapping the textures.
Everyone who commented and advised in the BAT - Open Discussion thread.

Dependencies: Simgoobers FloralPackVol3.

To Install:
Place the .dat files(2) and the lot files(14) in your /My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins directory.

To Uninstall:
Remove the files from your /My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins directory.

JayStimson

Se ve muy bien, saludos desde Puebla, Mexico
Looking fantastic !!! IŽll give them a try ;-D
looks awsome! Thanks
Darn! Now i'll have to rebuild my cities to incorporate these marvelous seawalls! but i can't wait :)
Beautiful work. Now if someone would just create grungy, industrial looking seawalls (like most in RL, we'd have it all.
Great looking seawalls, very nice that they are finished and uploaded for us all to enjoy.
Photo
Odd from Sweden
Mar 27, 2006 - 11:39 AM
This looks great! Seems like the pieces fulfill any need and the generic but clever design will make them fit in many different environments. Top notch!
Looks very nice, Jay! I'll definitely download them to give them a try! Well done..
Brilliant!
Sorry gang. I lied. You'll need Simgoober's FloralPackVol3. Not sure if it's in a megapack now or still separate. Sorry.
Good work!!! 10/10
Looks really nice! I like the matural feel it has....it looks more realistic than the metal retaining walls that I have been using. I can't wait to try it out.
Photo
bifordus-maximus
Mar 27, 2006 - 04:51 PM
These are always worthy and welcome additions
Thanks alot!!! These look great- perfect for my style!!! And thank you especially city5 for sharing your clever witticism...it tells of what must be a passionate and dizzying vocabulary.
They look quite nice. A nice alternative to the concrete.
It's good to see a new set, especially seeing as all of marrast's stuff has disappeared off the STEX.
I just can't have enough of these to make each city of a region a bit more individual. Looks great!
These are the best seawalls so far :D amazing work!
A very welcome addition. Even with all the seawalls out there, I still use Marrast's constantly because they aren't industrial and they use props, rather than textures, which aren't subject to the water graphics bug. If this is an alternative along the same lines, fantastic!
Yea! I really like these Jay. Now I REALLY can't wait for the "original project."

Other files you may be interested in ..

• 18,694 Total Files
  • 23 Total Categories
  • 2,603 Total Authors
  • 97,276,823 Total Downloads
  • Alstom AGV Latest File
  • airman15 Latest Submitter

110 user(s) are online ...

40 members, 65 guests, 0 anonymous users

Masissar, Kush, Google (3), bertontin, Tuto99, Gustavo.R.F, jayinvt, Coffeecake, FrankSmith, arnold circus, Casselsucks, hanwak, ALIFAMIRULAZMI, autumnwhat, Gobanboshi, conradmacintyre, Khade83, zutora11, eudesSILVA, Eduardo Santos do Amaral, The Zorr!, Elaguy, Google Mobile (1), Mav12, Jorgge123, goodspeed, stangman, phily241, wongsengwei, elemental1100, gwada971, Juunkee, Drachenfreak, 1131989, kentun, Auronoi, peraage, ilikehotdogsalot, Kosumosu, brad88, Omar_Baca, DRiiNG, Facebook (1)