•  

Sydney Terrace Renovators Delight

(5.00)    (25 Reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Want some variety for your R$ Sims? Tired of the drab purpose built tenements? Why not house your R$ residents in the history of a once grand, but now faded home?

These 2.5-storied terraces, based on one in Surry Hills, were speculatively built around 1870 in an early Victorian Franco-Italianate style and feature 14ft ceilings to the 1st and 2nd floors, recessed entrances & large arched windows to the principal rooms: during the 20’s it was carved up into 6 flats & left to decay.

But, because old city homes don’t stay run-down for long, included in this download is the first stage (still R$) of the renovators’ dream: the middle & end terraces are sold & the new owners start to paint & renovate.

Then, as the final terrace is sold (the house is now R$$) the renovation is complete. Surely that’s not a faux Victorian kitchen conservatory addition out the back…oh dear, there goes the neighbourhood.

Stats Little Riley St Terrace:
Stage 1 house: 35 R$ on a 1x2 lot (NY/Chicago). Grows on medium density stage 3
Stage 2 house: 28 R$ on a 1x2 lot (NY/Chicago). Grows on medium density stage 3
Stage 3 house: 25 R$$ (back to 35 R$ when dilapidated) on a 1x2 lot (NY/Chicago). Grows on medium density stage 4

Dependencies:
My “The Great Australian Outdoor Toilet Prop Pack” (included). Part of the great Australian tradition, now available to all of your Sims: the dingy, bug infested toilet at the end of the back-yard. Contains four models. (Redback spiders not included).

Unzip both to your Plugins folder: this is my second upload to the STEX and third BAT. Hope you enjoy it!

Mod Edit: Fixed description formatting.

User Feedback

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review
Fenix_4

Share this review

Link to review
Mystrelia

Share this review

Link to review
Baribal Blanc

Share this review

Link to review
deandreirons

Share this review

Link to review
FnordvsFnord

Share this review

Link to review
Akihabara Boy

Share this review

Link to review
Lelisia

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

• STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By kingofsimcity
      KOSC presents: Maxis Mansion Facelift
      Introduction
      This is a simple re-lot of the small Maxis mansions using a 4x6 lot size restriction.
      Package Overview
      The revamped Maxis small mansion boasts an exceedingly large amount of front driveway, including a fountain roundabout to show your neighbor that indeed, your place is cooler than theirs! The backyard contains ample patio and lawn space, a private tennis court as well as a pond with a gazebo. Thick clumps of trees also provide plenty of shade space during those hot summer months.
      Included in the following package is a single growable 4x6. This lot uses the Maxis "16x20" mansions as the building family so you may grow any one of the different color/tileset variations.
      To plop the lot with ExtraCheats.dll, use "lotPlop" and look for "R$$$1_4x6_Mansion_Facelift" as the beginning of the exemplar name.
      9/27/16: This single lot version is now obsoleted. Go here for the full set.
      Install Instructions
      Drop the file in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder.
      Dependencies
      Texture/Prop Resources

SHK Parking Pack
      SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures
      BSC Textures Vol. 1
      BSC MEGA Props SG Vol. 1
      BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 1
      BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 2
      As with before, if you've downloaded any of my previous lots, you should have most if not all of the required texture/prop dependencies.
      Enjoy!
    • By kingofsimcity
      KOSC presents: Maxis Mansion Overhaul
      Introduction
      Ah, Maxis mansions. In the early days, it was one of the first signs of a flourishing city. If you had a few of these large plots sprout up in your neighborhoods it often meant that your city was growing well! However, the fact remains that throughout the years, improvement with custom content and detail in general have left the original Maxis lots in the dust.
      One of the biggest problems with the vanilla lots is they often contained vast amounts of well...nothing! There's some occasional shrubbery and a pool here and there, but for the most part, the lots are grossly under-detailed. Furthermore, the tendency for these larger lots to sprout up in the midst of your nice R$$ neighborhoods meant that your detail level takes a pretty significant hit! Pretty odd considering the richest of Sims could easily take advantage of the vast property spaces that they have.
      Taking inspiration @T Wrecks' fantastic Industrial Revolution Mod and more recently @Manuel-ito's Maxis Renewal, I present to you Maxis Mansion Overhaul: A full set of override lots that replaces all default Maxis mansion lots. This is also including some of their larger medium-density counterparts.
      Package Overview
      This set contains a grand total of 60 lots. These are all broken down according to the categories that Maxis determined: 18 "A Class", 18 "B Class", 18 "C Class", 3 "D Class" and 3 "E Class" mansions. These re-lots fundamentally change the original mansions in the following ways.
      better realism and detail: gated homes, larger driveways, and much more flora (fully seasonal). all lawns are not made equal: You may find patches of wildflowers, dirt, or even poorly watered grass in these lots. No one has time to maintain perfect grass in those corners! better slope support: many of the original lots had that ugly full lot foundation at certain slopes. These are more friendly overall but some discretion is still required as the tennis courts are model-based. the rich get richer: the largest lots boast private tennis courts (all kinds of angles), massive driveways, huge pools and gardens. asymmetric lot design: not every yard has to come in a square. Some lots are enclosed with angled hedges and have open space for a better blend between the lot and the wild. all kinds of pavement: gone are the days of every lot having bright and pearly tiling. Now you can have everything from dark brick to different colored stones. There are a few things to keep in mind when using this set. Read the following section carefully.
      There are two different packages included with this lot, the OVERRIDE version and the STANDALONE version. The standalone is for those who prefer to not disrupt lots in their developed cities. This is also suitable for people that use Maxis blockers and only want to see the mansions (and nothing else).
      The override set is recommended if you don't care about bulldozing acres of existing Maxis mansions or if you're starting a fresh region or city. If you're using other mods like CAM or Maxis blockers that modify the original mansion exemplars as well, make sure to load this override set last.
      Alternatively, you can look tweak those files with Reader. Make sure to find exemplars starting with instance ID: 30000710 and ending at 300008f1. Simply deleting those will remove any potential block on these lots.
      For those of you that downloaded my Maxis Mansion Facelift lot for the Facelift challenge, that lot is now obsolete.
      General Stats
      All lots boast the same dimensions, growth stage, and road orientation as their original counterparts.
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder.
      Dependencies
      Due to the larger amount of content here, the dependency list is a little heavier than usual. However, most of them should be pretty commonplace if you've downloaded any of my lots beforehand.
      Textures
      SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures
      BSC Textures Vol 1
      BSC Textures Vol 2
      BSC Textures Vol 3
      BSC Texture Pack Cycledogg V01
      Props
      SHK Parking Pack
      AnyOne for Tennis
      LBT MEGA Prop Pack Vol. 1
      BSC MEGA Props SG Vol. 1
      BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 1
      BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 2
      Huge thanks to @rsc204 for coming up with these amazing model-based tennis courts!
      Enjoy!
    • By DavidDHetzel
      here are a couple of homes in Henrietta.
    • By Adrianor
      I present to you my first housing pack based on various old buildings throughout Santiago, Chile. 
      These are all low-wealth, low density residential w2w houses. They grow on 1x1 and 1x2 lots. There are a total of 34 unique lots, as you can see in the pictures.
      If you like these houses, you may also like my other BATs that I'm currently working on. You can check them out here. 
      If you have any questions, or comments, please let me know!
      Edit: I noticed I used an old picture for the primary screenshot. The textures on the last picture for the last set of houses are the final version, not the ones on the main picture. This is the only slight difference.
      Edit 2: ...I also noticed that I've uploaded this file to the wrong category.  It should fall under "SimCity 4 Buildings (BATs)".
    • By rsc204
      This package contains four lots, three growable residential lots and one filler ploppable designed to create a single-complex.
      Stage 7 High Density R$ 3x6 Stage 7 High Density R$ 3x7 Stage 7 High Density R$ 3x8 Neutral Plop filler 3x2 Dependencies
      Building Model

Note: Only the file  NDEX_ITS_Portsmouth_Tower_Block_Set_1-0x5ad0e817_0x561ef788_0x30000.SC4Model from this package is required.
      Flora/Props
      Girafe Ashes Girafe Beeches Girafe Chestnuts Girafe Cypresses Girafe Urbanpack VIP Vnaoned Post Office
      Note: only the file Grfe_hedge_3m.dat from this package is required. Textures
      BSC Textures Vol1 BSC Textures Vol2

Optional Dependency

Whilst these lots are not strictly required, they are useful for finishing off the parking at the back of the complex, along with my included filler lot.

Details
      Each lot has around 1,600 R$ Residents (per building) and stats generated using PIM-X. For full details see the included readme file.
      Ensure you keep the file MGB_ITS_NickelbyHouse_Resource.dat or these lots will not function correctly. But you can discard any of the lots you may not wish to use.
  • Newest Uploads