• Moose

Sydney Terrace Renovators Delight

(5.00)    (26 Reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Want some variety for your R$ Sims? Tired of the drab purpose built tenements? Why not house your R$ residents in the history of a once grand, but now faded home?

These 2.5-storied terraces, based on one in Surry Hills, were speculatively built around 1870 in an early Victorian Franco-Italianate style and feature 14ft ceilings to the 1st and 2nd floors, recessed entrances & large arched windows to the principal rooms: during the 20’s it was carved up into 6 flats & left to decay.

But, because old city homes don’t stay run-down for long, included in this download is the first stage (still R$) of the renovators’ dream: the middle & end terraces are sold & the new owners start to paint & renovate.

Then, as the final terrace is sold (the house is now R$$) the renovation is complete. Surely that’s not a faux Victorian kitchen conservatory addition out the back…oh dear, there goes the neighbourhood.

Stats Little Riley St Terrace:
Stage 1 house: 35 R$ on a 1x2 lot (NY/Chicago). Grows on medium density stage 3
Stage 2 house: 28 R$ on a 1x2 lot (NY/Chicago). Grows on medium density stage 3
Stage 3 house: 25 R$$ (back to 35 R$ when dilapidated) on a 1x2 lot (NY/Chicago). Grows on medium density stage 4

Dependencies:
My “The Great Australian Outdoor Toilet Prop Pack” (included). Part of the great Australian tradition, now available to all of your Sims: the dingy, bug infested toilet at the end of the back-yard. Contains four models. (Redback spiders not included).

Unzip both to your Plugins folder: this is my second upload to the STEX and third BAT. Hope you enjoy it!

Mod Edit: Fixed description formatting.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TurtleShroom

Five stars for the toilet props alone. I like the unique shape and design of the building. Its story alone is worth the download. I like the shape. Blocky, commieblock-esque architecture is my forte, but this has that charm to it that made it worthy of this rating.

Oh gosh, so the "Wild Thornburries" show wasn't kidding when they kept shouting "LOCK THE NIPPER IN THE DUNNY!".

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review
Fenix_4

Share this review

Link to review
Mystrelia

Share this review

Link to review
Baribal Blanc

Share this review

Link to review
deandreirons

Share this review

Link to review
FnordvsFnord

Share this review

Link to review
Akihabara Boy

Share this review

Link to review
Lelisia

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

12/05/2016

Hi Community As Simtropolis turns 14 years old this year, we're asking your help now more than ever to help us keep the site and everything you love about our Community and STEX up and running. A donation goes a long way to help us offset the costs of keeping the site up and operational. As you know, we're a completely community-driven not-for-profit website, but we do have to deal with some modest real-world expenses from month to month. Lately, we've been feeling a big pinch with a slump in donations, and we're hoping to drive that up so we can continue to keep the site running. In return for your donation, we're offering several STEX Collection Discs which you can learn more about here, if you wish to receive one. We would really appreciate your support by way of a donation of any amount in order to keep the site up and running. Of course, as always, we'll send you a gift with a minimum donation as a Thank You. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me!  Donate Any Amount Here To Receive a STEX Disc(s) Donate a Specific Amount Here Sincerely; Dirktator & The Admins PS. Thank you to those who have stepped up and donated -- we really appreciate it!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By OcramsRzr
      I have become more familiar in 3Ds Max and even gained enough expertise in it over the past few months that I think my skill level is approaching a point where I think I am good enough to start making mods for Cities: Skylines. I started practicing in 3DsMax to make brick rowhouses for the game Banished but since I am more interested in Cities: Skylines now and my buildings were practice so I can mod C:S, I decided to start a new project of making buildings just for Cities: Skylines.

I whipped this building up over the course of 4-7 hours today. It would have taken only 1 or 2 hours had I not made a ton of mistakes that required me to start from the beginning.

It will normally grow on a 4 tile wide x 3 tile deep lot with the ability to grow on a 4x4 lot with a backyard.
      FYI, I plan on making a ColorMask for the outer 2 rowhouses so it could have more variety (bright red, pink, tan, and whitewashed).

Please give me feedback to help me improve the quality of my creations.

Thank you!

--Ocram
    • By kingofsimcity
      KOSC presents: Trafalgar Complexes

Introduction

This is the fourth set of lots in my ITS Office Park series. I was originally going to release this around 2 months ago, but the beast that was Skylines took me out of my SC4 mood :). In a slight departure from previous releases of the series, this lot is multi-purposed for not only offices, but also residential and services. Originally there were supposed to be more lot variants, but due to the nature of the building and the age of it, I decided not to proceed forward. Therefore, this is in a sense, a TIOLI (take it or leave it) lot.

Package Overview

Trafalgar Complexes is a reinmagination of Ill Tonkso's original Trafalgar Hall BAT, which was a small, standalone midrise. There are two distinct variants, but all of them share the same layout. The office version is marked by the concrete pavement, while the hotel and condominium versions have dark asphalt pavement with brickwork in the main driveway.

Included in the following package are a total of 3 growables versions (1 for CO, CS and R). There are no ploppable versions this time around. However, you can use the BuildingPlop cheat from Extra Cheats to plop them if you wish (all the lot exemplars are prefixed with KOSC ITS _buildingname_ ). As always, a custom prop exemplar for the building is included in order to simulate multi-building lots.

General Stats

Lot Size: 8x8 (Right Corner)
      Growth: Medium/High Density Only

Trafalgar Offices
      Growth Stage: 5
      Capacity: 1073 CO$$$, 1532 CO$$ when dilapidated
      Power/Water: 43/474
      Pollution at Center A/W/G/R: 6/6/4/0

Trafalgar Condos
      Growth Stage: 5
      Capacity: 671 R$$$, 1532 R$$ and 2773 R$ when dilapidated
      Power/Water: 85/114
      Pollution at Center A/W/G/R: 6/6/4/0

Trafalgar Hotel Towers
      Growth Stage: 3
      Capacity: 347 CS$$$, 863 CS$$ and 3444 CS$ when dilapidated
      Power/Water: 97/867
      Pollution at Center A/W/G/R: 23/15/30/0

All buildings will grow on the Houston and Euro tilesets.

Dependencies

Main Building(s)

Trafalgar Hall

Textures/Prop Resources

SHK Parking Pack
      BSC Textures Vol. 1
      BSC Textures Vol. 2
      BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 1

If you've downloaded any of my previous ITS Office Park lots, you should have most if not all of the required texture/prop dependencies.

All credit goes to Ill Tonkso for the great BAT!
      Enjoy!
    • By fredinno
      Is such a thing possible? Or is it something that the traffic Sim can't handle, or no one has tried before?
    • By thirstydeer
      I've started working on a region with the first city I started being a rural town.  As I started to lay out residential roads and let them grow, next thing I know the system is throwing high-occupancy buildings all over, including over the roads themselves.
      I guess I can attribute this to the many downloads I've installed off the download exchange on this website.  Perhaps something is conflicting with something else...
      Any help is appreciated.

• By b1tchasscitizen
      My city hv been flooding with dead bodies but my crematorium states 0/10 hearse used. The location of crematorium are only opposite of the building that have dead bodies, no traffic problem. My city population drop from 110k to 50k and still not stopping. i find no mods that can help to this issue. So how do i solve this ?
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments