• Last Updated: Dec 28, 2005 - 09:47 PM
  • File Size: 492.48KB
  • Views: 13811
  • Downloads: 5,294
  • File Descriptor: Residential

Download Sydney terrace houses

* * * * * 40 Votes

Screenshots

Forget the Sydney you know from the postcards - within a 5km radius of the city is a living legacy of the city’s past: the Victorian terrace house.
Built en masse during the 18th/19th centuries, these painted homes are still popular today and cater to people from all walks of life and provided a very early and offer an early, ingenious solution for medium density living within close distance to the city. Modelled on their British counterparts, Anywhere between 1 and four stories tall, Sydney terraces have some truly unique features drawn from around the world: elaborate wrought-iron covered balconies to the front, bull-nose metal balcony sheet roofing, French doors, Grecian columns, Italianate pilasters, corbels, mouldings, urns and finials to complete these highly decorated houses .

This is my first upload (and second BAT) and is based on houses from the suburb of Chippendale near Sydney University. Included in the download are three versions of this house in the following colours: blue-grey; beige/cream and a dark yellow.

Stats:

Lot size: 1x1

Zone: Medium density

Wealth: $$

Capacity: 18 $$ Occupants (39 when $)

Bulldoze cost: 50

Pollution: 1 1 1 0

Growth stage 5+

Dependencies

Part of inner Sydney city streets is the abundance of large deciduous trees. If you want to see Porkissimos’ beautiful seasonal street trees, then you’ll need to download PORKIE PROPS VOL2 Seasonal Street Trees from here:

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?mode=files&filetype=Prop&Str=porkie%20props%20vol2%20%20seasonal%20street%20trees

Lastly, a big thankyou to Sparkythepenguin,

Screenshots

Screenshots

Photo
sebrat13wildcat
Dec 28, 2005 - 10:32 PM
YAY! 1st comment! They're real nice, a big 10/10
Excellent, can never have too many varieties of w2w stuff. Great to see something that's close to home (I live in the outer suburbs of Sydney).
they are very nice
Nice. I'll see how they work in the game.
Love them !
great looking w2w houses . I'm sure i can find a place for them in my cities
cool!
Excellent work for a first project by the way. It'd be nice to see also the modern mock terraces that you also see nowadays.
Cheers for the comments guys! Cammo2003: you read my mind-I've got another terrace I'm working on, but I was actually going to do some terrace 'townhouses' - the ones all grouped around the central driveway - just have to work out how to transit enable
You want SC4Tool for transit enabling. Trust me, it's a LOT easier, even if it means you do have to download the MS .NET framework 1.1. You can get the tool at http://www.simszone.de/simcity4/downloads/sc4tool_en.php
Oh, and btw, it's best not to transit-enable growable lots.
Yes, very nice piece of work. Looking forward your next project.
I have been waiting for these . THANKS! 10/10
spent quite a while in Sydney and these are a superb recreation. Well done
10/10 great BAT look forward to seeing it in my cities! I hope this is your first of many!
gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
cammo2003: ditto. If you're going to transit enable them, make it a ploppabe. And mattb325, I've been following your thread and those houses look perfect! 10/10
nice what tileset do they grow in?
nice what tileset do they grow in?
I'll give my first ever votes to you cause your Australian!

Other files you may be interested in ..

• 18,773 Total Files
  • 23 Total Categories
  • 2,609 Total Authors
  • 98,480,527 Total Downloads
  • GooberGen Pharmeceuticals Latest File
  • SimGoober Latest Submitter

192 user(s) are online ...

62 members, 124 guests, 0 anonymous users

superdeuce, Hauyser, Luan CVA, Pangonia98, mgianino2, Dacki90, pxljce, Kai.., clim, friends_n_chat, Google (3), Agent024B, Miora, Tuuuuuutti, domco6321, jmdude1, urashi_ma, cksdud9505, Google Mobile (1), Laky99, GaZeBoo, EugeneNL, ishamm, architect91, Roxboro, junspud, Skyestorme, kINGSWOOD308, 1131989, Ordonius, GTT, dbsgh7414, Mattyslalom, mmerten, MathijsVdE, Sirverus, noicecoffee, chriss, nimafiaJS, varun7666w, Intrepid, guilop, tkuzz, Giantflyingsquid, TyressNembhard 422, Calebsiwi, bisugool, vpyager, Facebook (2), HyugaHinata, bubble009, Tanash, arsyad, Dreamlifter, gigius76, thunder_142, baris1234, EdouardBracame, Lazarou Monkey Terror, cygnus61, winchi, herons2s2, giacomo83, milkoman, arquitecn