2 Screenshots

About This File

This is one of the series of new water texture mods that replace the game's default water textures. These mods use a process similar to that which is used by the newer rock mods to create a more photo-realistic appearance for the game's water.

This mod does not alter any of the game's default terrain properties. It simply combines a mixture of reduced scale and luminance for each subsequently lower zoom level that results in a highly realistic looki8ng water texture.

The Brigantine texture is highly universal with a modest surface texture and a very common greenish-blue color that is suitable in almost any climate or region. It closely emulates the color and texture of most large bodies of water. It is fairly translucent in the shallows yet quickly turns opaque as the water gets deeper. This was the texture that ended the series as we feel we just weren't going to find one better than this.

Each mod contains new texture files that overwrite the game's default water surface textures. You can return to using the default textures at any time by simply removing the DAT file from your Plugins folder.

**This file currently contains an .exe installer suitable for windows users.  These files are in the process of being updated with zip files and this message will be removed once the update is complete.

All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.

3 people like this

User Feedback

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

• STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Delta 88
      I have a problem with my Cul-de-sac mods and automata mods not working at all - they used to, but not since January or so. I think it was a NAM update or something that killed it, I don't know. I've tried re-installing, re-arranging, moving to properly named folders - all to no avail. I recently downloaded the urban tarsealed street mod as well, and only the intersections show up - the rest is still vanilla Maxis streets. Any idea on how to get everything actually working?

• By Need4Camaro
      This is just for discussion purposes.
      I love Cities Skylines and the incredible amount of flexibility it offers, its quite possibly the best City Simulator ever released with SC4 running neck and neck with it. CSL offers real 3D and feel with a market of mods just as plentiful of SC4 and growing with the ability to make and adjust content in the game seemingly effortless as it was in SC4. I have for the most part completely dropped SC4 in favour of CSL, however; there is one thing I REALLY miss from SC4...and you guessed it... Region Play.
      The Maps in CSL can range fairly large, the largest one - 81 tiles, I've heard is about the size of the Metro area of Washington D.C... that's pretty big I'm not going to lie, problem is, thats still only large enough for one relatively large city. I'm also aware of a building limit in CSL as well so most don't see a need for maps any larger than 81 tiles. I specifically play Space Engineers, a game that allows you to craft bases, ships, hubs, anything you like from scratch. It's not so much a great city building being its based on a block system and the population is limited to the exact number of players online at the time, however; the game features a Planet System, meaning you have an entire PLANET to build on and let me say, you do feel very small in the grand scheme of the overall world, on top of which you can also travel to other planets without ever leaving any loaded instance by really physically flying to them. I'd say this is a bit overkill but at the same time revolutionary as you have an entire planet you can do whatever you want on and every time I'm on a planet I always think "Man how awesome it would be if I could build a CSL city here, or a highway there, or a road, train, ect." I'm not attempting to converge CSL & Space Engineers. What I'm saying is, I wish there were some way that we could at the very minimal support regions the size of countries, continents, or even planets to lay down our dream cities.
      Such regions, however they may be imbuked (Countries, Continents, or even Planets) could be locally hosted, or shared on a network for multiplayer. Unlike SC2013, all tiles would be accessible, and especially unlike CXL, region / world map would not be limited to a bitmap drawing that populated terrain only after selecting it, everything would be there and accessible and even possible to travel from your alotment clean cross country to another city, another players town, or your own establishment elsewhere in the world. ALSO unlike SC2013 or CSL, it would be an entirely optional feature, not forced.
      Connecting Highways, resources, and routes between two major cities would be something only an Admin or Moderator could do on a multiplayer region, however single player regions will impose no such limits.
      Mods are shared between each planet and region. On multi-player region, to prevent conflicts with other mods, a Moderator or Admin would have to approve of the mod, until it is..it would go into a pending queue.
      Now, tackling the building limit. I wonder greatly, if its possible to enforce only a building limit within the city limits of a certain city, and not the entire region as to allow others elsewhere on the map to continue to sprawl and of course only load their city into your PC's RAM when you're within the vicinity of it as to prevent your PC from slowing to a crawl when you're on a map filled with cities spread 100's of miles apart.
      Basically.. I desire to share multi-player regions in a way thats not forced as it was in 2013 or CXL.. Much like I used to do with BlueHope in SC4.
      Does any of this idea seem possible regardless of how feasible or infeasible it may be?
    • By rsc204
      The mod replaces the grass textures on transport networks with grass that blends in with your terrain mod.
      Gobias' Berner Oberland Version
      Click these links to download either the Appalachian, Pyrenean or Sudden Valley versions of TGN.
      v2 of TGN (1st Jan 16) includes the following improvements:
      Both US and EU versions have been merged into one, simple to use installer. Better support for LHD textures. Improved quality textures due to new processes. Extended rail texture coverage, still with options for Maxis/NAM Default, PEG 205 and RRW (Real Railway) compatibility. Many fixes/improvements. Supports NAM 34 textures. NEW Optional overrides for many of the grass textures contained in the BSC Texture Mega Packs Vol.1 - Vol. 3 NEW LHD support for US users. NEW Pyrenean Terrain Mod variant.  When you click download on this page, you will be required to select ONE of TWO files:
      You can select from either a Single "Unified-Wealth" or "Multi-Wealth" version of TGN. 
      Multi-wealth has three grass types, one for each wealth used in-game, $, $$ and $$$. Whereas the unified versions use the same $$ wealth grass texture for all three wealths. Perfect for creating a hassle-free, totally unified set of transport textures. Avoiding the problem of matching up different wealth grasses forever :).
      Installation
      Warning: Existing users should completely remove any existing TGN files BEFORE installing this update.
      This mod is packaged as a Windows .exe installer. For those that would prefer not/are unable to use an Installer, the NSIS installer files can be opened with 7zip or a similar application. If you wish to do this, you will have to manually setup the folder/file structure with the correct individual files within the archive.
      Please refer to the installed documentation for further details, note these files are installed here:
      My Documents\SimCity 4\LEX_Downloads\MGB Mods
      This is to avoid cluttering up your Plugins folders with non-SC4 files.
      Dependencies / Compatibility
      There are no dependencies for this mod. The base mod is suitable for use with the vanilla game, but I highly recommend using it with the latest version of the Network Addon Mod.
      Highly Recommended:
      Network Addon Mod. My MGB Diagonal Filler Set. Paeng's Parks 205 Gobias Berner Oberland HD Terrain Mod - Note: You should install the "Base Texture Replacer" from this package. This mod is designed for either the US or EU Cosmetic ReTexture mod in the NAM. Both RHD and LHD textures are supported. Additionally you can select from three rail types, Maxis/NAM default, PEG 205 or RRW (Real Railway). Coverage for all NAM road networks excluding RHW.
      Help make this mod better
      Found a missing or unsupported texture? Having problems or Got comments? Then why not visit my thread at either SC4D (MGB's Mods and other stuff) or Simtropolis (MGB's Lot and Mod Shack)?
      I would like to say a big thank you to the following people
      TPB, for allowing me to use his updated Euro roundabout textures. Rivit, for the huge support and tools that made this mod possible in the first place. Memo, for the original tools. Without which, I would never have embarked upon such a project in the first place. Notes:
      This mod Is pretty comprehensive, with much more detailed textures. Be aware at around 40MB you may find your game loading slower with these installed. In-game performance should not be affected though. Whilst the mod is designed to compliment HD Terrain Mods, none of the included textures are themselves so-called HD. All are standard 128x128 textures and will run with software rendering. Bear in mind though that Hardware rending is required to use a HD Terrain mod in the first place.
    • By rsc204
      The mod replaces the grass textures on transport networks with grass that blends in with your terrain mod.
      Gobias' Sudden Valley Version
      Click these links to download either the Appalachian, Berner Oberland or Pyrenean versions of TGN.
      v2 of TGN (1st Jan 16) includes the following improvements:
      Both US and EU versions have been merged into one, simple to use installer. Better support for LHD textures. Improved quality textures due to new processes. Extended rail texture coverage, still with options for Maxis/NAM Default, PEG 205 and RRW (Real Railway) compatibility. Many fixes/improvements. Supports NAM 34 textures. NEW Optional overrides for many of the grass textures contained in the BSC Texture Mega Packs Vol.1 - Vol. 3 NEW LHD support for US users. NEW Pyrenean Terrain Mod variant.  When you click download on this page, you will be required to select ONE of TWO files:
      You can select from either a Single "Unified-Wealth" or "Multi-Wealth" version of TGN. 
      Multi-wealth has three grass types, one for each wealth used in-game, $, $$ and $$$. Whereas the unified versions use the same $$ wealth grass texture for all three wealths. Perfect for creating a hassle-free, totally unified set of transport textures. Avoiding the problem of matching up different wealth grasses forever :).
      Installation
      Warning: Existing users should completely remove any existing TGN files BEFORE installing this update.
      This mod is packaged as a Windows .exe installer. For those that would prefer not/are unable to use an Installer, the NSIS installer files can be opened with 7zip or a similar application. If you wish to do this, you will have to manually setup the folder/file structure with the correct individual files within the archive.
      Please refer to the installed documentation for further details, note these files are installed here:
      My Documents\SimCity 4\LEX_Downloads\MGB Mods
      This is to avoid cluttering up your Plugins folders with non-SC4 files.
      Dependencies / Compatibility
      There are no dependencies for this mod. The base mod is suitable for use with the vanilla game, but I highly recommend using it with the latest version of the Network Addon Mod.
      Highly Recommended:
      Network Addon Mod. My MGB Diagonal Filler Set. Paeng's Parks 205 Gobias Sudden Valley HD Terrain Mod - Note: You should install the "Base Texture Replacer" from this package. This mod is designed for either the US or EU Cosmetic ReTexture mod in the NAM. Both RHD and LHD textures are supported. Additionally you can select from three rail types, Maxis/NAM default, PEG 205 or RRW (Real Railway). Coverage for all NAM road networks excluding RHW.
      Help make this mod better
      Found a missing or unsupported texture? Having problems or Got comments? Then why not visit my thread at either SC4D (MGB's Mods and other stuff) or Simtropolis (MGB's Lot and Mod Shack)?
      I would like to say a big thank you to the following people
      TPB, for allowing me to use his updated Euro roundabout textures. Rivit, for the huge support and tools that made this mod possible in the first place. Memo, for the original tools. Without which, I would never have embarked upon such a project in the first place. Notes:
      This mod Is pretty comprehensive, with much more detailed textures. Be aware at around 40MB you may find your game loading slower with these installed. In-game performance should not be affected though. Whilst the mod is designed to compliment HD Terrain Mods, none of the included textures are themselves so-called HD. All are standard 128x128 textures and will run with software rendering. Bear in mind though that Hardware rending is required to use a HD Terrain mod in the first place.
    • By nos.17
      For those of you who don't venture over to the SC4Devotion too often, you may be pleased to hear that the SC4D staff has decided to re-enable Gobias's amazing HD terrain and water mods on the LEX. The decision was not made lightly; only after some debate over the creator's rights vs. those of the community was a decision reached. Read it here.
      For now, however, those who have been searching need search no more!
      Download from the LEX

• Newest Uploads