2 Screenshots

About This File

This is one of the series of new water texture mods that replace the game's default water textures. These mods use a process similar to that which is used by the newer rock mods to create a more photo-realistic appearance for the game's water.

This mod does not alter any of the game's default terrain properties. It simply combines a mixture of reduced scale and luminance for each subsequently lower zoom level that results in a highly realistic looki8ng water texture.

The Brigantine texture is highly universal with a modest surface texture and a very common greenish-blue color that is suitable in almost any climate or region. It closely emulates the color and texture of most large bodies of water. It is fairly translucent in the shallows yet quickly turns opaque as the water gets deeper. This was the texture that ended the series as we feel we just weren't going to find one better than this.

Each mod contains new texture files that overwrite the game's default water surface textures. You can return to using the default textures at any time by simply removing the DAT file from your Plugins folder.

**This file currently contains an .exe installer suitable for windows users.  These files are in the process of being updated with zip files and this message will be removed once the update is complete.

All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.

3 people like this

User Feedback

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

• STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By matias93
      Southern winter vacations had arrived, and with them, free time to experiment with the game. After years of playing and roaming the site, a simple test on using a sidewalk mod overflowed on the creation of my own sidewalk mod, all thanks to the high tech advancements by Rivit and MGB (a.k.a. rsc204).
      Well, in fact it begun a little before: in March I uploaded a fictional map, and surprisingly, people is using it!
      So, to take advantage of the momentum already gained, I'm opening this thread, to give support on this couple of humble custom content I've done, but also to try creating something more. By now, I let you with what is already done:
      Ciudad del Lago (map)
      A 24x24 km square region with lots of hills and natural canals, and plenty of pre-terraformed plains to build

Veredas Santiaguinas (sidewalk mod)
      A Santiago de Chile inspired SD sidewalk mod for Maxis networks, lots and NAM networks, made with MGB's Automated Sidewalk Mod.

Basaltic Sands (sand and beach texture mod)
      Blackish SD sand textures for basaltic beaches, from Polynesia to Iceland <-- working on this

Basalt Column Tiles (sidewalk mod)
      A SD sidewalk mod made of sliced basalt columns, for your hotspot-placed cities <-- in project

Basalt Columns (cliff texture mod)
      A SD cliff texture that mimics basalt columns, with different hues for various locations: Iceland, Spain, Yellowstone, New Zeland, Taiwan, etc. <-- researching
    • By Cyclone Boom
      Happy New Year everyone!

This is a set of pre-programmed land and water-based (barge) lots, allowing you to create your own custom firework displays.
      It works by adding over 30 different fireworks triggers, which have all been set to launch at specified times, and for varied durations. There are 4 types of lots, with a combined total of 84 fireworks launch points.

What makes this different than the numerous fireworks lots already on the STEX?

The main difference is the logic behind the effects. The Automated Fireworks Display Mod creates new instances of the default fireworks effect, which are then programmed according to the launch plan (see the "Logic" diagram above, please don’t show this to Dr Vu).
      One issue of existing fireworks lots is the duration and variety of the launch sequence. With the default effect lasting just 3 simulation days, it only allows the equivalent to launching the grand finale at the beginning! This mod hopes to correct this problem.

In total the display lasts for 244 simulation days, equating to just over 7min 30sec in real time.

How is this useful?

This mod may come in handy for a City Journal, to help your Sims bring in the New Year, or just for plain old festive entertainment. Who doesn’t like a few fireworks once in a while? After all, your Sims are getting tired of the lacklustre display at the Mayor’s house!

USAGE

There are 4 “stages” of lots, with each one containing a greater number of fireworks (both visually and based on the number of triggers). For an optimised display, the lots are designed to be placed in a diamond formation, as the below image demonstrates:

However, this is just a suggestion, and the lots are flexible to being placed in any custom formation, or just randomly scattered throughout your city. Feel free to experiment with using a combination of both the land lots and barges. The land-based lots can be placed on any terrain, and will auto-level on slopes. And of course, the barges must be placed on water. For a more diverse display, place more of each stage type (1-4).

The display is synchronised based on the game’s simulation date. It’s programmed to start each year on Jan 1, and runs through to Jul 30. This means it’s a good idea to pause the game just before New Year’s Day, setup the lots how you’d like, and un-pause once ready.

All lots can be placed and bulldozed free of charge, and have a zero monthly cost. They can be found in order at the bottom of the Civic > Fire menu. I thought this’d be a better idea than further cluttering your parks menu.

BARGE LOTS DEPTH VERSIONS

One limitation with using effects on water is the issue of depth. A building on water (in this instance the barge model) will appear to float normally on the water surface, but the effects will still conform to the sea bed. This means they’d appear to launch from the surrounding water, rather than the actual barge. To get around this, 5 depth versions have been created, from very deep (5) to shallow (1):

All versions have the fireworks effects raised (as props), with this being exaggerated for the deeper ones. For example in a shallow harbour area, you may find the Depth 1 version is best suited, as deeper areas may work better with the higher-numbered depths. Each version is equivalent to one press of the game’s “Raise/Lower Terrain Level” tool.
      If you’re unsure over which depth(s) are suitable, I’d suggest to first experiment with all 5 versions. They don’t conflict with each other, and will appear in order in the Civic > Fire menu.

PERFORMANCE NOTE

The mod is compatible in both hardware & software rendering, and is designed with performance in mind. For example, using the suggested diamond formation, only at the finale will more than 5 fireworks launch at once. For smoother transitions, it works best with visual effects set to “High”.
      Depending on your computer, and the city size, using more than 5 lots at once may cause the game to lag.

N.B. The fireworks will not show with visual effects set to “Low”.

DEPENDENCIES

The only external dependency is for the barge model of the water lots:
      PEG CSK Barges Prop Pack

If you only intend to use the land-based lots, this model isn’t required.

INSTALLATION

Copy / move fireworks_logic.dat to your "Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins" folder.

Land Lots

Copy / move AFDM_Land.dat to your "Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins" folder.
      All 1-4 stages are contained within the DAT file.

Water Lots

AFDM_Water_DepthX.dat

Select the version(s) you’d like and copy to your "Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins" folder.
      All 1-4 stages are contained within each DAT file.

Copy / move PEG_Channel-Barges_205a.dat to your "Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins" folder.

Have fun!

-Cyclone

• By Cyclone Boom
      Are you fed up with the boring blue grid?

This package contains a selection of solid colours to replace the game’s default region view background. There are 10 variations to choose from, all compatible in both Software and Hardware rendering.

In addition, I’ve created matching city backgrounds. These complement the region backgrounds, and replace the 5 PNG files in the game’s “Program Files” plugins folder. Download the zip file named 2-city_backgrounds.zip if you wish to use these, and follow the below instructions.

INSTALLATION

Region Backgrounds (1-region_backgrounds.zip):

Select ONE of the following files and copy / move to your "Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins" folder:

region_bg_1-black.dat
      region_bg_2-grey.dat
      region_bg_3-blue.dat
      region_bg_4-aqua.dat
      region_bg_5-green.dat
      region_bg_6-lime.dat
      region_bg_7-brown.dat
      region_bg_8-purple.dat
      region_bg_9-red.dat
      region_bg_10-white.dat

City Backgrounds (2-city_backgrounds.zip):

For these, installation is different.
      The package contains 10 folders corresponding to each colour.

Each subfolder contains 5 PNG files:

Background3D0.png
      Background3D1.png
      Background3D2.png
      Background3D3.png
      Background3D4.png

1. Go to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins” and move the 5 default PNG files to a backup location.
      2. Open a colour variation folder and copy the 5 custom PNG files to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins”

Note: Adding them to the usual "Documents" plugins will not work!

DEPENDENCIES

None

-Cyclone

• By Arrehan
      So I installed the "Bi-Level UDON One Way Street" mod, and everything seemed fine until I noticed my megatowers were getting weird errors: randomly not getting connections from road, water, power or sewage. Also the side roads that connect to the megatowers are glitched so that the Sims drive up the side of the building instead of into the entrance. It's kind of fun to watch, but also problematic as they can't get into the levels. The same problem occurs with new megatowers I build. So I uninstalled the mod and now the game crashes if I try to load any city from the region.
      I think there might be a compatibility problem with one of the many other mods I have installed, but I've removed swathes of them without any improvement. I tried re-installing the game to no avail. Can anyone offer other advice that might help me fix this?
    • By Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
      I made this statue of myself in Milkshape 3D. here it is:

I really want to import it into Simcity 4 so i can put it in the center of my capital city. how would i do that though? is there a way to export from milkshape 3d into simcity 4?
      i remember reading that you have to use a program called gmax, but i couldn't get it to work on my computer because i didnt know how to register it. 
      is there any way for me to import this into simcity 4? any advice would be appreciated.

also, here's the polycount for the model: 

please help <3 
  • Newest Uploads