2 Screenshots

About This File

This is one of the series of new water texture mods that replace the game's default water textures. These mods use a process similar to that which is used by the newer rock mods to create a more photo-realistic appearance for the game's water.

This mod does not alter any of the game's default terrain properties. It simply combines a mixture of reduced scale and luminance for each subsequently lower zoom level that results in a highly realistic looki8ng water texture.

The Brigantine texture is highly universal with a modest surface texture and a very common greenish-blue color that is suitable in almost any climate or region. It closely emulates the color and texture of most large bodies of water. It is fairly translucent in the shallows yet quickly turns opaque as the water gets deeper. This was the texture that ended the series as we feel we just weren't going to find one better than this.

Each mod contains new texture files that overwrite the game's default water surface textures. You can return to using the default textures at any time by simply removing the DAT file from your Plugins folder.

**This file currently contains an .exe installer suitable for windows users.  These files are in the process of being updated with zip files and this message will be removed once the update is complete.

All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.

1 person likes this

User Feedback

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

An appeal for your support: Help us keep the STEX up and running

11/06/2015

Hi Community, this is a public appeal for help to keep the STEX up and running! We currently need your help to offset some of our operational costs and upgrades! As you know, we've always relied on community donations to help keep the website running. And while all our admins and moderators volunteer their time to managing the site and community, we do have modest expenses that we need to cover each month which includes our server hosting fees, software and support licenses, etc. So lately, we've experienced a slump with donations and we're beginning to feel the pinch! We would really appreciate your support by way of a donation of any amount in order to keep the site up and running. Of course, as always, we'll send you a gift with a minimum donation as a Thank You. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me!  Sincerely; Dirktator & The Admins PS. Thank you to those who have stepped up and donated the last couple weeks -- we really appreciate it!
    • Dirktator

Updates in progress... Please stand by...

01/22/2016

We're still in the middle of updating things, please bear with us! Some things may appear strange or not quite working right - we're working on it!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• SimCity 4 Realism Mod 3.0 Part 2
      By pcwhiz24
      This is Maxis building realism mod part 2. Click on the link below to download part 1

Link:

Part 2 contains the extra street lights, alleyways/bike paths, and the parking lot.
      Part 1 contains all the backyard fences

Due to file size, the uploads have been split in 2 separate uploads. Both parts DO NOT depend on each other, so you can download only part 1 or only part 2, but it's recommended to download both parts.
       Here's the youtube video link for more info and pics:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXTW4Hq7sNg
      To install, copy all the folders into the Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins folder

EDIT: You don't have to copy ALL folders into the plugins. Here's the folders and their descriptions:
      -$$Low and High light additions: Adds the lights in front of medium and high density buildings
      - Alleyways v1: Adds the alleyways to the game (located in the parks menu)
      No dependencies

Version 4 is underway (will take a while though)

Enjoy!!!
    • Paeng's Forum Attachments
      By catty-cb
      Paeng has given me all the files he created over the years as forum attachments, I have permission from him with regard to all his files to
      Unfortunately with the files that were forum attachments, the SimPeg forums is gone    along with any information and pictures that used to be included with these files, he has given me some lists that he had done so things like dependencies should be reasonable easy to sort out, so if anyone has any information on any of the Paeng forum attachments that I can use to update the files here
      Paengs Scrabble Box
      It would be appreciated.
      -catty
      PS: I have also been given some other files that he was able to save from SimPeg like the tutorials, so if anyone needs to get any of them back let me know 

• Help Needed! Growable Spawn Algorithm
      By boformer
      Right now I'm working on the algorithm that places the new large growables on the zoning grid.
      Here is my concept:
      Before the plots are calculated, the mod will check which buildings are actually available for placement. This is limited by zone type, density, district style and wealth level It will also create a list of buildings that are very close to the spawn point to avoid repetition The initial building list is sorted based on different factors (avoid repetition, promote buildings with similar plot width and similar architecture style) A priority list of plot sizes is calculated based on the building list Now the algorithm tries to divide the available area into plots. The goals: Prefer plot sizes with a high priority Leave no unoccupied space Create similar sized plots Prioritize corner buildings (those have their own lists) Avoid very narrow plots The last step is very complex. That's why I need your help!
      Print out this zoning map and draw the plots how you would want them. You can also do it in paint or photoshop
      You can also try to visualize different scenarios: Imagine a building style would only contain 5x3 and 8x8 buildings, or only small 1x2 buildings.
      The most important thing is that you mark the cells which are not used in a different colour.
      Upload the results!

Here is a quick example:

Have fun drawing!
    • BATs by Bipin: Skylines Edition
      By Bipin
      4/27/2016 - I've uploaded several new signs; chevrons and exit signs! Go check them out! - I've updated the releases section. It should now be easier to find all of my downloads. Releases
      Spoiler American Roadsigns All signs/first set of signs. Second set of signs (double gantries). *NEW* Third set of signs (chevrons and exit gore signs). Make your own signage! Highway Essentials - Chevrons and Exit signs (tomorrow)! Work In Progress
      Spoiler American Roadsigns  (Small exit signs, chevrons, barriers and more)! Highway (quay) Retaining Walls Generic Grungy Industry  

• Can't get it right with Mods!
      By PhillyB
      Greetings,
      I've been playing SimCity 5 for some time, but never paid to much attention to game mods until I realize, or think I did, of how simple they are to "Install". Apparently, I didn't get how to make them work! I've downloaded loads of them but never worked 100%! Either the roads (UDoN) have glitches and are always dirt roads, expanded map (Orion) does get extended, but can't build nothing outside the normal city boundaries, Ploppable GW included and a few more...
      I don't have the original game, is that why? Am I using the wrong mods? Wich ones I must have in order to do the basic at least?
      Thank You for Your help!
  • Newest Uploads