2 Screenshots

About This File

This is one of the series of new water texture mods that replace the game's default water textures. These mods use a process similar to that which is used by the newer rock mods to create a more photo-realistic appearance for the game's water.

This mod does not alter any of the game's default terrain properties. It simply combines a mixture of reduced scale and luminance for each subsequently lower zoom level that results in a highly realistic looki8ng water texture.

The Brigantine texture is highly universal with a modest surface texture and a very common greenish-blue color that is suitable in almost any climate or region. It closely emulates the color and texture of most large bodies of water. It is fairly translucent in the shallows yet quickly turns opaque as the water gets deeper. This was the texture that ended the series as we feel we just weren't going to find one better than this.

Each mod contains new texture files that overwrite the game's default water surface textures. You can return to using the default textures at any time by simply removing the DAT file from your Plugins folder.

**This file currently contains an .exe installer suitable for windows users.  These files are in the process of being updated with zip files and this message will be removed once the update is complete.

All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.

1 person likes this

User Feedback

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

• STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• Terrain mod that isn't so green?
      By MintberryCrunch
      Can anyone recommend a terrain mod that doesn't make everything look so green? At least not at all elevation levels. 
      I've been playing the game for two years now and still haven't used a terrain mod .Though I love the look of HD terrain, I find that all the terrain mods are just too green. I'm from California, so I like a little bit browner terrain in some spots, especially at the higher elevations, like the default Maxis one. Are there are any that kind of have a similar color scheme as the default (i.e. less green the higher you go), but are HD?
      I may use a desert one, but I'm not sure. 
    • Cargo Distribution
      By Matthias King
      I just happened to stumble across this by accident. It's something like four months old, but I don't recall ever seeing it around here. Forgive me if it's already been discussed. It's an idea for a cargo distribution center. It's an interesting idea. Here's the link:
      https://www.reddit.com/r/CitiesSkylines/comments/45wnu7/suggestion_cargo_distribution_center_discuss_in/
    • Judazzz' C:SL Goodies - Update: Ultimate Eyecandy v1.2
      By Judazzz
      Hey guys,
      I've  been enjoying Cities: Skylines basically since release day, immensely helped by all the awesome stuff the community created, and felt that after so much taking, it was time for a little giving.
      In real life I'm a front-end/C# developer, and in my free time I love to travel and run riot with my camera (and again web developing: recently my travel website went live, a labor of love/vitriolic hatred of 10 years). With that in mind, it's not surprising I ended up creating a mod that goes right after the aesthetics. The result: Ultimate Eyecandy *tadaaaa*

Some more action photo's.

Addendum April 4th, 2016:

I'm making slow but steady progress, not in the least by deciding to ditch a couple of features on my wishlist for a later stage
      Most important for the time being is to create a stable and robust base to which future features can be added. What remains are basically the features that are visible in the various screenshots.
      ETA for v1.0.0: for the time being unknown.

Wish list (not to be confused with a to-do lost - these are features I'd love to add, but not sure how feasible they are):

- setting to turn on/off building night lights at will, without messing with the actual simulation (based on what I've found so far, the two seem rather intertwined).
      - color picker to change the fog color;
      - color picker to change air pollution color;
      - slider to change the strength of 'ground wetness';
      - LUT Creator: apply various settings to a neutral LUT (color channels, brightness, contrast, lightness, etc.) and export/upload the result as a custom LUT;
      - a modular set-up: this mod will be the core, and other graphics-related mods can be integrated as 'plug-ins', each with a menu item/tab of their own. Think (orphaned) mods like Dynamic Resolution, BorderCities and/or Ambient Occlusion;
      - who knows what else I'll come up with (feel free to make suggestions!)

For who is this mod:
      - modelers that want to take screenshots of their assets in every imaginable weather/ambient condition;
      - players that like to have control over the environment when making Let's Plays;
      - players that love to have a more artistic/photographic approach to taking screenshots;
      - players that like to watch their city in different conditions without having to wait (for example until the game finally decides to let it rain);
      - anyone else

Thank you:
      - Boformer, BloodyPenguin and SamsamTS for making their mods publicly available on Github: I learned tons by just studying their mods;
      - AJ3D for helping me to get started and taking my first baby steps in the wonderful world of CSL modding!

If anyone has questions, suggestions, comments or remarks, don't hesitate to let me know! After all, this mod will be for y'alls!
    • [SSU] yenyang's Rainfall Mod
      By ghosty20
      Found this cool mod in the Workshop that adds a whole new level to water management, mainly to do when it rains..  In that when it rains it will actually have an effect on your city and that it is not just a cosmetic feature as it is now..  If this mod works as intended (yet to try it) then this will add more depth and complexity to an already awesome game..
      Quoted from the Workshop page..
      Rainfall brings simulation depth and new gameplay elements to the primarily cosmetic game concept of dynamic weather that was introduced with Snowfall. When the game is raining, this mod adds a water source for each building that pours water onto your streets. You must create and manage a storm drain network in order to protect your city from suffering the effects of flooding. You should be aware of and plan out the grading of any zoned roadways and add storm drain inlets to any low points in the roads. Options for Storm Water Management include surface ponds, underground detention systems, canals, and riverine channels.
      http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=698395457

• Newest Uploads