•  

2 Screenshots

About This File

This is one of the series of new water texture mods that replace the game's default water textures. These mods use a process similar to that which is used by the newer rock mods to create a more photo-realistic appearance for the game's water.

This mod does not alter any of the game's default terrain properties. It simply combines a mixture of reduced scale and luminance for each subsequently lower zoom level that results in a highly realistic looki8ng water texture.

The Brigantine texture is highly universal with a modest surface texture and a very common greenish-blue color that is suitable in almost any climate or region. It closely emulates the color and texture of most large bodies of water. It is fairly translucent in the shallows yet quickly turns opaque as the water gets deeper. This was the texture that ended the series as we feel we just weren't going to find one better than this.

Each mod contains new texture files that overwrite the game's default water surface textures. You can return to using the default textures at any time by simply removing the DAT file from your Plugins folder.

**This file currently contains an .exe installer suitable for windows users.  These files are in the process of being updated with zip files and this message will be removed once the update is complete.

All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.

3 people like this

User Feedback

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

• STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Tim The Terrible
      Introduction
      With the much appreciated help of @boformer I managed to make the beginnings of a mod that aims to add more customization to the existing Train Tracks network. I'm currently testing to see what others experience when using this mod. Anyone who has me as a friend on Steam can subscribe to the Beta. I update daily as I keep encountering small issues. With your help I can speed up the process and get the mod ready for release sooner. For your information: I don't know how to code, all current lines of code are taken for the Bus Stop Replacer mod (by @boformer)
      Aim
      The aim for this mod is to give players full control over the visuals of their rail network. I plan to do this by adding as much variety as possible. I'm thinking of all standard catenaries of most major countries. Along the way I can also make (generic) requests. On top of that I want to give you the ability to submit your own models, which I can then add to the mod. Unfortunately, you cannot do this yourself as you can for Network Skins, as I try to keep this mod simple. However, this might change in the future as Network Skins is still undergoing development.
      How it works
      The mod will include several 'Styles' you can choose from in the Mod Options. Changes are applied when loading a save from the Main Menu only (again: keeping it simple). The mod will then replace all vanilla props with custom props. This includes vanilla Station Tracks, but also all tracks from Extra Station Tracks and One-Way Tracks. Until Network Skins is updated, you cannot change props per segment.
      All changes are visual and will therefor not break your game. When anything goes wrong or when unsubscribing, the game will simply load the vanilla props.
      While it's in Alpha, I still advise to avoid testing on your favorite city, but that goes for every mod you try out.

Roadmap
      All will be optional
      Add more variety to the props (example) Add random track-side junk (e.g. rails & sleepers) Add random track-side props (e.g. powerboxes) Add signals at intersections Add End-of-the-line prop (example) Add custom Buffers (per style) Add custom wires (per style) Current Issues (September 15th)
      When switching styles, props disappear when loading new save from main menu (prop = null) (Thank you @boformer) Changes are not applied to all neworks (inconsistent) (Fixed myself) Props big in file size (1,8mb) even when all source files together are 500kb Sometimes props have a +2m offset to the left or right at intersections  (Magically disappeared)  Props have an offset of 2,4m (might be from the asset editor) (Thank you @boformer and @Ronyx69) Help me please!
      Like I said: I'm not familiar with coding in C#, so every bit of help is much appreciated. I'm doing all I can to teach myself, but I've been unable to find CS related tutorials. At the moment I have Notepad++ and Microsoft Visual Studio. If you know any good sites or documentation, please let me know. If you can help me with testing, or know how to fix an issue, please leave a reply. I check the forums hourly.
      Thank you all!

Screenshots
    • By andreharv
      I am currently turning some of my attention toward additional public transit options, especially in the rail variant and I would like you to vote on your favorite ideas for what I should work on.  I intend on making all of these at some point but from this poll I will know the order.  Of course if your longstanding request is not on the list, just blurt it out and I will take it into consideration.  An explanation of the choices (in order of estimated completion time):
      1. Single Rail Tracks/Stations:  Pretty self explanatory.  This will allow one way single tracks to be placed and can branch or terminate original 2 way rail.  1L rail stations could allow for Island Platform or Split Platform stations.
      2. Rendered Rail Tunnels: Similar to the custom roads in the Network Extensions Project, this would allow for existing rail tunnels to be visible and with a free camera mod, traversable.  If above ground metro gets off the ground (pun intended), the existing tunnels would be rendered as well.
      3. High Speed Rail (new network type):  After some preliminary tests, this network would share many of the same properties as the regular train but with slightly higher acceleration and a higher top speed.  Much higher @ 300km/h, twice the current train's speed.  That would allow for a coast to coast trip through the whole map in about 90-120 seconds (depending on curves and elevation changes).  The system would also get a thorough visual makeover.  I think I would base it loosely off SC4 HSRP since that looks sweet.  I'm debating as to whether to make it maglev but you guys could help me decide that later.  Disadvantages would include wider turn radius and decreased slope tolerance so that the train can maintain speed (in current tests, the train would slow down to a crawl at sharp turns), no level crossings (pretty sure the gates wouldn't be able to close in time anyway...someone would die), and the cost will be astronomical (I'm predicting 3x convensional rail costs in all aspects).  
      4. Above Ground Subways/Metro (pretty much new network type):  What would make this so time expensive is that it would more than likely require an overhaul of subway and rail AI to pull off.  In addition, I would make it a goal (but not a promise) that the system would be able to be a direct modification to the existing subway network, rather than a new network, with the hopes that existing subways could be salvaged.  Additional details would be that subway is currently 100km/h which is 2/3 the speed of conventional rail.  This will probably not change for the above ground version.  Also ground and elevated versions would both be cheaper than subway versions but not sure by how much. Additionally the metro will not have an overhead wire but instead will have a third rail (obviously they will terminate at level crossings so cims don't fry :D).

1 is Done (hey that rhymes).  I am happy to announce the release of the One-Way Train Tracks Mod. 
      2. Not started.
      3. Not started.
      4. 85% Alpha HERE ( 9/20/16 02:27 )
    • By Tyberius06
      Hi! 

I'm about to put together the dependency list to my Seaport Project and I ran into a little problem. I put the current dependency links into the read me documentation and when I wanted to attached the link of the subjected file I couldn't find it on the STEX. I found the old CSK2 Lock, but did not the PP Locks, what I use for each of the transition lot. I don't know if I overlooked something and the mention file is on STEX, or it has been left out so far? Can someone confirm the current status of this file? And if the file is on the STEX, can someone navigate me into the right direction for example with a link? And if that file isn't on STEX, who has the right to upload that one?   

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

- Tyberius06
    • By CorinaMarie
      This is another reference style thread in which I present full size pics of the various water mods. I did not create any of these, I'm merely showing them using the exact same city tile for easy comparison.  I do have Ennedi's HD Sandstone1 Brown Rock Mod installed, but otherwise my game is vanilla.
      Let's start with the default Maxis blue water:

And here I'm showing the underwater view. I hope I've designed this so all aspects of the water mods will show their various colors based on elevations.

Water Mods by dogfight contains 3
      Cold Blue:

Marshy:

Muddy Lake:

Joergs Water Mod 2 contains 10
      Black Sea:

Bloody Nile:

Caribbean Dream:

Emerald Isles:

Icy Arctic:

Mediterranean:

Muddy River:

Northern Pacific:

Rivers of Lava:

Yellow Puke:

Mas71 Water MODs (v1.0) contains 5
      Waters_100:

Waters_200:

Waters_300:

Waters_400:

Waters_500:

PEG WATER MOD Brigantine:

SHK Brigantine 2.0 contains 8
      BluGrn:

ClrBlue:

DkBlue:

Emerald:

LtBlue:

Orig:

Silt:

Teal:

PEG WATER MOD Clipper:

PEG WATER MOD Windjammer:

PEG WATER MOD Hawaiian Holiday:

PEG WATER MOD Crystal Lagoon:

SMP Teal Water Mod:

SMP Paradise Blue Water Mod:

^ This looks to me just like Maxis blue. Is it just me? Is the mod broken? Is there an unlisted dependency?

Runamuck's HD Water MOD v1:

ELSHA WATERMOD:

^ This one looks vastly different depending on zoom.

Realistic Water v1 by Joerg and Teirusu:

Drunken Water Mods, The Blues and Greys. In HD! contains 6
      Blue1:

Blue2:

Blue5:

Grey:

Grey1:

Grey3:

Ocean River MOD final 1.1 contains 6 with 4 variations each
      This one goes beyond the typical single .dat file. Be sure to check out the Readme.html file in the download. For the following pics I did install the TerrainProperties.dat and the WaterSurface_256.dat. There are also 4 other files for blending. I skipped those in favor of brevity.
      DeepSea_5F5F00:

DeepSea_669966:

DeepSea_669999:

ShallowWater_5F5F00:

ShallowWater_669966:

ShallowWater_669999:

Gobias HD Water Pack 1 (v1.0) contains 3
      All 3 of the Gobias Water Mod Packs have two variations tweaked for use with either Lowkee or Gobias Terrain Mods. There's also a Berner Oberland Shore Patch for two different altitudes. Check out the Readme files in the download. For the following pics I used the GB version.
      GB Bodensee:

GB Seto Inland Sea:

GB Staten Island:

Gobias HD Water Pack 2 (v1.0) contains 3 (see comments under pack 1 above)
      GB Cape Cod Bay:

GB Caribbean:

GB Mississippi River:

Gobias HD Water Pack 3 (v1.0) contains 3 (see comments under pack 1 above)
      GB Chicago River:

GB Inside Passage:

GB Loch Lomond:

LK_StarterSet (v1.0)

Coastal Modd
      Ok, so this one contains:
      10 Offshore Textures 14 Inshore Textures 9 Foreshore Textures 6 Beaches Be sure to check out the Readme file included in the download. Since this could yield a zillion combinations I simply picked the Offshore and Inshore .dats which have corresponding color names to illustrate here.
      DkBlue:

DkCyan:

Emerald:

Green:

Ice:

Overcast:

Steel:

Tropic:

Turbid:

Ultramarine:

Sudden Valley Terrain Mod (v1.0)
      SV Water.dat only:

Berner Oberland Terrain Mod (v1.0)
      BO Water and Shore Mod.dat only:

Tobermory Style Water VERII:

Edmonton Water Texture VERII:

Sharp Teal Water Texture:

Tobermory Style Water VERI:

Minnetonka Style Water:

Pennsylvania Style Water:

BBlue Water Texture:

Tropical Style Water Modd:

PEG Stream Kit Water:

Oppie Canal Water:

Green Water:

Auckland Water Texture:

Purple Water Texture:

Bright Blue Water v2:

Japan Water Pack contains 5
      blendedjapan:

japan01:

japan02:

japan03:

japan04:

Barbados Water Pack contains 8
      barbados01:

barbados02:

barbados03:

barbados04:

barbados05:

barbadosblend2:

barbadosblend:

barbadosblendblur:

Water Pack 2
      Baltimore:

Blood:

Chesapeake:

Fiery-Darker:

Fiery-Lighter:

Flamesrock:

Medium Blue:

Metallic Grey:

Navy Blue:

Tropical:

Venice:

Wintry:

Yellow:

Edmonton Style Water:

Port Huron Style Water:

Muddy Grey Water:

Dark Green Water:

Bright Blue Water:

San Fransisco Style Water:

Rocky Bottom Water Texture:

Timotheus4 Water Pack contains 12
      algae:

^ Same as: Algae Water

drkmud:

^ Same as: Dark Mud Water

embrx02:

^ Same as: Emerald Brownish Try Two

emerald brownish:

^ Same as: Emerald Brownish Try One

Fadedblue:

^ Same as: Faded Blue Water

hotpink:

^ Same as: Hot Pink Water

muddy:

^ Same as: Muddy Water

natu-rals:

^ Same as: Natural Water

reddx01:

^ Same as: Reddish Water

richblu02:

^ Same as: Rich Blue Water

ukwx01:

^ Same as: UK Water X01

ukwx02:

^ Same as: UK Water X02

So, when peeps ask: Which water mod should I get?, show them this thread so they can compare and decide.

P.S. If I've missed any water mods, feel free to post a linky to their download and I'll get them screenshotted and edit them into this post. I plan to make similar threads for Beach, Terrain, and Tree mods. You can already get your rocks off here. (I might take a bit of a break tho. This is a tedious and boring task I've set for myself.) I hope everyone makes good use of my reference threads.

Attached is the medium size city tile I've used for these pics that way you can make your own with the exact same location.
      City - Water Mods.sc4
    • By PlutonianEmpire
      I'm trying to find and remove the dat for this water mod, since it is interfering with my other terrain mods sometimes. Does any one recognize this mod? It looks kinda glitchy when max zoomed out, but when max zoomed in, theres extremely faint grid lines among a featureless  dark blue surfce, like in my uploaded screenies. Can anyone recognize this water mod?
      Edit: After resorting to the trial by error method of removing one folder at a time, i found the culprit to be JRP_WaterMod_Beta.dat in the JPR Addon Lot Pack 02>xx_Options directory.

• Newest Uploads